Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Mr. Snrub »

simo wrote: May 22, 2019, 8:40 am
The Rickman wrote: May 22, 2019, 8:36 am
greeneyed wrote:Huge shock!
Why? Because he’s not guilty?

**** me, Daryl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, because the nrl are clearly making allowances to keep the best players in the game to play against us. Having players like jacob granville tearing us apart will mean their refs dont have to hate us as much to give the pride of the league cowboys the win
What have you been smoking? Can I have some?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Mr. Snrub wrote: May 22, 2019, 11:01 am

**** me, Daryl

No, because the nrl are clearly making allowances to keep the best players in the game to play against us. Having players like jacob granville tearing us apart will mean their refs dont have to hate us as much to give the pride of the league cowboys the win
No, moocher
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote:

**** me, Daryl

There’s something wrong with the structure of the. NRL judiciary IMO. Needs to be less influence from former players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: May 22, 2019, 2:02 pm
The Rickman wrote:

**** me, Daryl

There’s something wrong with the structure of the. NRL judiciary IMO. Needs to be less influence from former players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All I read was "players should be found guilty when they're playing against the raiders next week, otherwise it's a bloody outrage"
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

have any of you seen the Granville footage?
Because i just did... and im... i mean i say this respectfully, because there has been some **** weird **** posted on this site in the name of Everyone Hates the Raiders... but...

*deep breath*

I mean no one REALLY believes Granville should have been cited, let alone suspended for this? Surely we're not saying that contact should result in a suspension? Surely! That would be... again, respectfully, some of the dumbest **** i've ever seen suggested on this site.

SURELY!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... lty!731687
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

committed, wraps hips not legs.
No charge required
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, good grief. It absolutely beggars me beyond belief that people are saying that should be suspended.

There's definitely unconscious bias at play here, a big steaming bucket of it haha.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: May 22, 2019, 2:31 pm committed, wraps hips not legs.
No charge required
Nah, apparently he only escaped suspension because he's playing us this week...

There's got to be an investigation!!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

No charge required
The player he hits doesnt even land in a dangerous position! It's a coaching tape on how to pressure a kicker!! :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: May 22, 2019, 2:35 pm
No charge required
The player he hits doesnt even land in a dangerous position! It's a coaching tape on how to pressure a kicker!! :lol:
Huge shock!

*checks notes*

not lol
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Haha, i needed that laugh, guys
I really did.

Big game this one, we've come off a very tough month of footy and some loses have started to stack up, vitally important we turn up ready to rip in and get back in the winners circle and start building another mini run of 3-4 games and maintain our spot in the 4. A lot of those teams above and around us will be impacted by rep season more than us, so it's a chance for us to stack some wins.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PigRickman wrote: May 22, 2019, 2:28 pm have any of you seen the Granville footage?
Because i just did... and im... i mean i say this respectfully, because there has been some **** weird **** posted on this site in the name of Everyone Hates the Raiders... but...

*deep breath*

I mean no one REALLY believes Granville should have been cited, let alone suspended for this? Surely we're not saying that contact should result in a suspension? Surely! That would be... again, respectfully, some of the dumbest **** i've ever seen suggested on this site.

SURELY!

We get it. Your mission is to take the contrary position and shout everybody else down.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: May 22, 2019, 3:12 pm
PigRickman wrote: May 22, 2019, 2:28 pm have any of you seen the Granville footage?

*deep breath*

SURELY!

We get it. Your mission is to take the contrary position and shout everybody else down.
Do you honestly believe that was worthy of a suspension?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

We're not satisfied with fourth spot: Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson

The greatest difference between the Canberra Raiders of 2019 and recent iterations is the hunger and belief they can be the best side in the NRL, according to hooker Josh Hodgson.

"We could be sitting in fourth and thinking 'yeah, we're going all right' and patting ourselves on the back ... but I think our mentality has kind of changed this year, we look like a really hungry team. I don't think we've proven we're one of the best teams, yet. We've started the year pretty well but we're still not where we want to be."

Read more: http://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/2679 ... ourth-spot

We can be best team in NRL: Hodgson: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/22/we- ... l-hodgson/

Video: Jarrod Croker and Josh Hodgson spoke to the media earlier today to discuss the Club's recent form as well as the importance of Saturday's clash against the Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... oys-clash/

Video: The Canberra Raiders can bounce back from consecutive losses when they host the North Queensland Cowboys in the nation's capital. Matthew Elliott joins Sam Squiers to preview the Saturday afternoon matchup: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/22/rai ... -round-11/

Five Things: Raiders v Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... v-cowboys/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Cowboys: Ken Nagas is this week's Viking Ambassador: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... v-cowboys/

Video: Canberra Raiders 2019 Indigenous Jersey: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... us-jersey/

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Nick Cotric and Matthew Wood: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... hew-wood2/
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

*deep breath*

SURELY!

Again, it's a forum old man, not a live discussion, i have no ability what so ever to shout anyone down. I can post as much as i like and it doesnt have any impact on your ability to post.

BIG SHOCK! :lol: :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The unconscious bias in this one is very strong indeed if he thinks that's a suspension worthy incident.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You're shouting again.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The Rickman wrote: May 22, 2019, 3:16 pm

*deep breath*

SURELY!

Do you honestly believe that was worthy of a suspension?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: May 22, 2019, 3:41 pm You're shouting again.
Why are you yelling at me?
Calm down psycho.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm a huge fan of the tin foil hat, NRL hates us schtick..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Won't someone please think of the children!?!?
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders refuse to settle on being 'close enough', says co-captain Jarrod Croker

Praised for effort or scrappy wins? Jarrod Croker knows which one he prefers and the Canberra Raiders skipper says being unsatisfied with honourable losses can drive the renewed Green Machine this year.

"We've got a lot of positives to take out of those two games, but we've come up with nothing at the end of it so we need to turn that all around. I don't really care how we play this week, as long as we get the two points."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: May 22, 2019, 6:37 pm Canberra Raiders refuse to settle on being 'close enough', says co-captain Jarrod Croker

Praised for effort or scrappy wins? Jarrod Croker knows which one he prefers and the Canberra Raiders skipper says being unsatisfied with honourable losses can drive the renewed Green Machine this year.

"We've got a lot of positives to take out of those two games, but we've come up with nothing at the end of it so we need to turn that all around. I don't really care how we play this week, as long as we get the two points."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Hey Ge, any chance you could keep your voice down, my kids are trying to sleep.
Thanks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How is posting a news article to let people know what is going on... explain to me, how that is shouting down someone else's opinion? You know it isn't...
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: May 22, 2019, 9:01 pm How is posting a news article to let people know what is going on... explain to me, how that is shouting down someone else's opinion? You know it isn't...
Sshhhh. You're being very loud. Inside voice please.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Training Gallery: Raiders Prepare for Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... r-cowboys/
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

*deep breath*

SURELY!

GE, I love your stuff but that wasn't even worth a penalty. I hadn't seen it until the footage PigRick posted above but can't believe we're even talking about it.

There are plenty of times when we cop a rough deal (I just had to listen to Sam Burgess on NRL360 talk about how the game has become 'pedantic' because he got penalised five times in a row - and no one thought to say, "You should have been sin-binned, bitch") so we've got to save up our complaints for the real ones.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The MRC disagreed... and I did too. But everyone is entitled to their view!
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Mr. Snrub wrote: May 22, 2019, 11:01 am

**** me, Daryl

At the end of the day if we can’t beat the Cowboys because of one player then we don’t deserve to be in 4th spot.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Moses is about 2 foot in the air and he still hits him with a gentle grab around the hips- which if Moses had not left the ground, would have been a gentle grab around the chest.

What on earth could he do to pressure a kicker with less risk of injury and less malicious or recklessness than that- he's literally made contact with the largest physical distance possible between knee/leg and neck to make it as safe as possible and it was all soft.

Cannot believe this is actually a topic.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote:Moses is about 2 foot in the air and he still hits him with a gentle grab around the hips- which if Moses had not left the ground, would have been a gentle grab around the chest.

What on earth could he do to pressure a kicker with less risk of injury and less malicious or recklessness than that- he's literally made contact with the largest physical distance possible between knee/leg and neck to make it as safe as possible and it was all soft.

Cannot believe this is actually a topic.
I can believe it, but only because of this ridiculous view that gets peddled on this forum that our club is mistreated by the NRL and the referees because they hate us and are trying to keep it down

And unfortunately this view comes from the top

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Massive game this week. Stopping McLean, McGuire (who I expect to play) and Taumalolo is essential to victory. Our forwards need only back up last weeks performance and that will go very close to seeing us earn a victory.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Wiki Special wrote: May 23, 2019, 9:59 am Massive game this week. Stopping McLean, McGuire (who I expect to play) and Taumalolo is essential to victory. Our forwards need only back up last weeks performance and that will go very close to seeing us earn a victory.
Keen to see Cotric at centre again and what he can do there. Hopefully we use the right a bit smarter.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah i was really impressed with Cotric at centre, VERY eager to see him go around again. Im hoping he stays there until Beej is back. Getting a good 2-3 month sample size would be really nice to have given we're missing Beej
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I reckon if Cotric goes ok against to likes of Cooper, Morgan et al, then he is in the frame for Origin. He has been in the SOO squad and Brad Fittler has said often he has a high opinion of him despite Laurie Daley saying he makes poor defensive reads. Right center is a space to be filled for NSW. Most of the options are either injured or out of form. I thought Dugan did ok in the position but I reckon Fittler would be reluctant to go back there. Cotric is a large body who can defend well, play in a number of positions and had good footwork to go with his power game.