Cowboys 13+
5%

Total votes: 20

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

Sam Williams: Canberra Raiders star Jack Wighton is 'made for State of Origin'

Jack Wighton's very nature is "made for State of Origin"... so says Sam Williams.

"There's no doubt if they were to call upon Jacko, he wouldn't let anyone down. He's such a natural footballer, he can cover so many different positions," Williams said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why Canberra Raiders halfback Sam Williams loves watching Cooper Cronk play

Like anyone, Canberra Raiders halfback Sam Williams will always remember Cooper Cronk's finest moments.

"It's sad to see someone like that retire but I know he'll be pretty keen to go out with a win. Hopefully we can spoil that at the end of the year."

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

greeneyed wrote: May 20, 2019, 5:50 pm Hudson Young says Canberra Raiders rookies belong in the NRL

Call it "total disrespect" if you want, but Canberra Raiders rookie Hudson Young is refusing to take a backwards step against the NRL's most imposing forwards.

"It was a little bit weird, I've still got photos of [Burgess] on my Instagram page," Young said. "It's good for us younger boys to get the opportunity to stand up without [John Bateman and Joe Tapine] blokes on the field, but they're still in and around the club, helping us younger boys out.

I'd put my money on Horsburg. I suspect he knows how to throw a punch or two.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Raiders_Pat wrote: May 20, 2019, 5:36 pm
simo wrote: May 20, 2019, 8:50 am 1 cnk
2 simos son
3 croker
4 cotric
5 oldy
6 wighton
7 sezer
8 papa
9 bae
10 lui
11 whitehead
12 young
13 sutton
14 havili
15 sia
16 horsey
17 tapine/guler/kris
Look, I'm a big fan of Hudson Young. But if Tapine is back this week, he starts and Young plays off the bench imo. He's a starting player in our team unless there's a significant drop in form.
Isn't Tapine due back in round 17?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tapine's expected return is Rd 15-17. Bit of speculation that he's getting back earlier than the official injury report. But nothing official.
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

Willie Mason should be the last one talking about respect/disrespect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Nick of all trades: Canberra Raiders Cotric can make centre his own, says Sam Williams

Sam Williams expects Nick Cotric to continue to show he is Canberra's latest jack of all trades, after his impressive outing at centre.

"It took him a bit to get a few combinations going so I think he'll be a hell of a lot better for the run," the halfback said. "He's such a powerful and skilful young player, there's so much upside we're starting to see what he can do.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/20/nic ... -williams/
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Yeah not sure why people are talking about Tapine being back, he's at least a few weeks away. Rd 13 v the tigers is my bet
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

greeneyed wrote: May 20, 2019, 7:13 pm Tapine's expected return is Rd 15-17. Bit of speculation that he's getting back earlier than the official injury report. But nothing official.
Im hunting Ricky down if he isnt at least on the extended bench this wk. Smoke and fire and all that jazz
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Green eyed Mick wrote: May 20, 2019, 6:26 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 20, 2019, 5:50 pm Hudson Young says Canberra Raiders rookies belong in the NRL

Call it "total disrespect" if you want, but Canberra Raiders rookie Hudson Young is refusing to take a backwards step against the NRL's most imposing forwards.

"It was a little bit weird, I've still got photos of [Burgess] on my Instagram page," Young said. "It's good for us younger boys to get the opportunity to stand up without [John Bateman and Joe Tapine] blokes on the field, but they're still in and around the club, helping us younger boys out.

I'd put my money on Horsburg. I suspect he knows how to throw a punch or two.
I suspect he would throw them even if he didn’t know how to.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Online change for this week: Guler in place of Soliola. He's not having the sort of impact he used to and probably needs a week's rest to freshen up.

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Oldfield
6. Wighton
7. Williams
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Whitehead
12. Horsburgh to start and slam Taumilomo
13. Sutton

14. Havili
15. Guler
16. Young
17. Kris

18. Murchie
19. Hunt
20. Sezer just because Ricky won't want him to lose confidence
21. Collins or whoever.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

yurithe1 wrote: May 21, 2019, 12:28 am Online change for this week: Guler in place of Soliola. He's not having the sort of impact he used to and probably needs a week's rest to freshen up.

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Oldfield
6. Wighton
7. Williams
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Whitehead
12. Horsburgh to start and slam Taumilomo
13. Sutton

14. Havili
15. Guler
16. Young
17. Kris

18. Murchie
19. Hunt
20. Sezer just because Ricky won't want him to lose confidence
21. Collins or whoever.
Yikes. Like Furner told Papa to do those years ago vs Gallen. I remember literally worrying it could be the end of Papa- Furner knew his blokes better. Whatever you say about the rest of his coaching.

I'd love it. Hors would do it. He might die. Or become a legend. It might beat GOT ending :roflmao
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Just watched Annesley’s briefing for the week. Target is penalties in the ref zone with refs reminded that warnings are a courtesy not a necessity. You’d have to imagine a lot of the impetus for this conversation was the non-sin bin use on Sam Burgess.

Raiders need to be careful about penalties in the 20 or they’ll cop a sin bin this week to compound the non-call last week.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

NRL Team Tips for Round 11: Predicted teams and news for every club

The Raiders are unlikely to rush Luke Bateman back from a knee injury, with Ricky Stuart likely to keep faith in the team that narrowly lost to the Rabbitohs in a classic. Jake Granville is a chance to miss the Cowboys trip to Canberra through suspension, with Kurt Baptiste to take his place if he is ruled out. Corey Jensen would then take Baptiste’s place on the pine. The Cowboys will be without Ben Hampton who suffered a suspected biceps rupture against the Eels. Gideon Gela-Mosby replacing Hampton would cause the least disruption in a straight swap. Josh McGuire is expected to return from a calf injury with Coen Hess shifting to the
bench and Mitchell Dunn dropping out of the side.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 8041913bec

Not sure Luke will be rushed back to NRL at all , maybe Mounties.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: May 21, 2019, 9:30 am NRL Team Tips for Round 11: Predicted teams and news for every club

The Raiders are unlikely to rush Luke Bateman back from a knee injury, with Ricky Stuart likely to keep faith in the team that narrowly lost to the Rabbitohs in a classic. Jake Granville is a chance to miss the Cowboys trip to Canberra through suspension, with Kurt Baptiste to take his place if he is ruled out. Corey Jensen would then take Baptiste’s place on the pine. The Cowboys will be without Ben Hampton who suffered a suspected biceps rupture against the Eels. Gideon Gela-Mosby replacing Hampton would cause the least disruption in a straight swap. Josh McGuire is expected to return from a calf injury with Coen Hess shifting to the
bench and Mitchell Dunn dropping out of the side.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 8041913bec

Not sure Luke will be rushed back to NRL at all , maybe Mounties.
This bloke clearly doesn't watch Raiders games...
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

greeneyed wrote: May 19, 2019, 10:04 pm Canberra Raiders closer than past fortnight suggests

It was Canberra's second close loss in two weeks, but don’t try and compare this current iteration of the side to the one that made narrow defeats an art form last season.

"We've given ourselves opportunities to be in the fight and they're two of the best sides in the comp at the moment," Jarrod Croker said of the past fortnight.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/19/can ... -suggests/
Call me crazy but I think the ideal scenario is that we lost to the Roosters and Souths with a depleted side and had moments late in both games where we could've taken it. I don't think the 4 points (or 2 points for winning one of those games) is worth it long term. For me I think we're better off sitting around that 4th position on the ladder with the top 3 sides having all beaten us and letting everyone dismiss us because we haven't taken that big scalp. We'll stay in touch with those 3 sides during Origin period i'd imagine so the points aren't a big problem at this point in time for me, the development of the side is and not getting ahead of ourselves.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Woodgers wrote: May 21, 2019, 9:48 am
greeneyed wrote: May 19, 2019, 10:04 pm Canberra Raiders closer than past fortnight suggests

It was Canberra's second close loss in two weeks, but don’t try and compare this current iteration of the side to the one that made narrow defeats an art form last season.

"We've given ourselves opportunities to be in the fight and they're two of the best sides in the comp at the moment," Jarrod Croker said of the past fortnight.

Call me crazy but I think the ideal scenario is that we lost to the Roosters and Souths with a depleted side and had moments late in both games where we could've taken it. I don't think the 4 points (or 2 points for winning one of those games) is worth it long term. For me I think we're better off sitting around that 4th position on the ladder with the top 3 sides having all beaten us and letting everyone dismiss us because we haven't taken that big scalp. We'll stay in touch with those 3 sides during Origin period i'd imagine so the points aren't a big problem at this point in time for me, the development of the side is and not getting ahead of ourselves.
I'm of a similar view, although at the end of the day the best outcome is always a win, it's not a bad position to be in. We've been playing well generally and were a good shot at the end of the season if we continue to improve, particularly with all troops on deck.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders v Cowboys: Round 11 preview: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/21/rai ... 1-preview/

Gallery: Signing Session at Raiders Gungahlin: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... gungahlin/

Video: Signing Session at Raiders Gungahlin: The Canberra Raiders squad was at Raiders Gungahlin on Monday evening for a signing session: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... gungahlin/
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Raiders_Pat wrote: May 21, 2019, 9:51 am
Woodgers wrote: May 21, 2019, 9:48 am

I'm of a similar view, although at the end of the day the best outcome is always a win, it's not a bad position to be in. We've been playing well generally and were a good shot at the end of the season if we continue to improve, particularly with all troops on deck.
Good thing is we won a good percentage of our games early in the season, meaning these did not become 'must win' games.
In prior years this would have us down in 13th position, having to play catchup for the rest of the year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders Nick Cotric the centre of attention in Canberra

A switch to centre against table-toppers South Sydney last week brought Nick Cotric closer to the action and delivered his best game of the season.

"He's such a powerful and skilful young player. I think there is so much upside to him (and) we're starting to see what he can do," Sam Williams said. He'll be better again this week, he's a different style of centre than Jarrod (Croker) and Oldie (Michael Oldfield). He's a bit jinky and steps and is very hard to contain."

Read more: http://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/2678 ... n-canberra
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders young guns ready for Jason Taumalolo

Sam Burgess one week, Jason Taumalolo the next. Just another week in the NRL for Canberra's fearless young guns Hudson Young and Corey Horsburgh.

"I've always enjoyed challenges, and coming up against better players and testing myself against world-class players," Young said. "Jason has probably been the best forward in the comp for a little while now so coming up against him will be a great test for me and Corey to try and see where we're at.

Read more: http://www.espn.com/nrl/story/_/id/2678 ... -taumalolo
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Cowboys hooker Jake Granville to fight judiciary charge in bid to play against Canberra Raiders

Cowboys hooker Jake Granville will head to the judiciary on Tuesday night in a bid to beat a dangerous contact charge so he can push his case for Origin selection against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/18/mal ... uspension/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL Team: Raiders V Cowboys

Canberra Raiders V North Queensland Cowboys
Saturday 25 May 3:00pm
Canberra Stadium
Gates open: 12:30pm
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3

The Canberra Raiders have named their squad for Saturday afternoons match against the North Queensland Cowboys at GIO Stadium.

Joe Tapine has been named on the bench and will make his return from an ankle injury, with the New Zealand International set to play his first match since his injury against the Eels in round five. Tapine was initially expected to be missing for another month, but his ankle has responded well to treatment and he has recovered ahead of schedule.

Tapine’s inclusion sees Seb Kris drop out of the 17 after making his NRL debut last weekend, and he joins Aidan Sezer, Emre Guler and Royce Hunt in the extended squad.

In some unfortunate news, Brad Abbey has suffered an ACL injury to his left knee and will miss the remainder of the season.

Canberra Raiders media

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Bailey Simonsson
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Nick Cotric
5. Michael Oldfield
6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (C)
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Hudson Young
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Siliva Havili
15. Joe Tapine
16. Sia Soliola
17. Corey Horsburgh

18. Aidan Sezer
19. Emre Guler
20. Sebastian Kris
21. Royce Hunt

Injury/Suspension

Jordan Rapana (Knee) Round 13-14
Joey Leilua (Neck) Indefinite
John Bateman (Eye-Socket) Round 15-17
Luke Bateman (Knee) Round 11-12
Brad Abbey (Knee) Season

North Queensland Cowboys

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O’Neill
4. Tom Opacic
5. Gideon Gela-Mosby
6. John Asiata
7. Michael Morgan (C)
8. Matt Scott
9. Jake Granville
10. Jordan McLean
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Coen Hess
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Mitch Dunn
16. Scott Bolton
17. Francis Molo

18. Corey Jensen
19. Shane Wright
20. Josh McGuire
21. Jake Clifford

Officials

Referees: Henry Perenara, Jon Stone
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Drew Oultram
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersCowboys

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2019 #FromAllAngles

Mounties team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Home just in time for team list Tuesday..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Re: 2019 Rd 11 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by TongueFTW »

They are a lot stronger than since we faced them last, will be a much tougher game. Bolton, Lolo and Feldt are decent ins for them. If we are serious this year, though - we should win.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Baptiste vs Havilii will the interesting to see who makes more impact. Baptiste was a very good little player in 2016.

Good to see Tapine make his way back. Our bench looks very, very good on paper. Lots of impact and quality.

Just need our boys to limit the Lolo effect.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

Told ya's Tapine was no chance
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Great addition. Very pleased to see Joe back.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

How goods our bench gonna look at full strength
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Taps back..👍

So..does our medical staff deliberately give prolonged stints on the sideline or they have no idea or we have magic water ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Okunbor will be out for round 12 against raiders with a foot injury
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:Cowboys hooker Jake Granville to fight judiciary charge in bid to play against Canberra Raiders

Cowboys hooker Jake Granville will head to the judiciary on Tuesday night in a bid to beat a dangerous contact charge so he can push his case for Origin selection against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/18/mal ... uspension/
And how much do you want to bet he gets off like Maloney !

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Surprised but happy to see Joe back. I wonder how he will be used?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

That’s a rank looking Cowboys team - we win big here I say!

Great to see Young hold his spot and hoping Tarps is under big pressure to perform and responds well.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I reckon Tarps will be used in the middle for 2 games.
- off the bench this week to help gain match fitness
- starting next week as a Papalii Origin replacement
- starting back row rd 13
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine