10%
Rabbitohs 13+
40%

Total votes: 10

Beejay
John Ferguson

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by Beejay »

I don’t think it should be accepted by the NRL that Hodgson should have stayed on the field. Not a good precedent to set IMO
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

For those questioning our medical team i encourage you to keep 1 eye on the sideline each game. Our doctor is up checking the video more times per half then any other team checks all game.

If he says hodgo was ok, and the trainer on the field who also assesses him says he was ok. Then he was ok in my mind.
We seriously have the best reputation out there for putting player welfare before results

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I was pretty happy with that performance, we're going alright. Dunno if already mentioned but the main issues that I think need addressing:

- Too one-dimensional and predictable in the opposition 20. Need to work on some variety to eliminate the endless crash balls.
- Need to find a way to get CNK more valuable to the attack. Defensively he is going way better than I hoped at fullback but now that we're improving and competitive I think we're lacking that edge from fullback. He's making his metres OK but rarely looking threatening with any kind of dangerous running or passing attributes. The top teams have either one or the other if not a combination of those attributes from fullback and it would instantly change our one-dimensional attack I talk of. Absolutely not having a go at the player or suggesting he's not doing his job or should be dropped or anything wild like that, just trying to join the dots on why our attack has been more clunky than previous without simply stating 'we're focusing on defence these days'.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I reckon CNK has looked threatening with the sweep... he's only going to get better.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Hope so GE. I think the key to the sweep is the initial pace from behind the ruck to create the extra man before the defence can shift. I think that and some other stats i've seen show that Jack is deceptively quick and helped him get really good at that play.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Great, so now Woodgers wants CNK dropped. Typical Greenhouse
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sam Burgess could have been binned in clash with Canberra Raiders but Graham Annesley won't crucify referees

NRL head of football Graham Annesley admits there was a case for Sam Burgess to be sin-binned after the South Sydney captain conceded five penalties in 17 minutes against the Raiders during their 16-12 win in Canberra on Saturday night.

"I think there was certainly a case for that, absolutely," Annesley said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/20/bur ... cify-refs/
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

The Rickman wrote: May 20, 2019, 5:01 pm Great, so now Woodgers wants CNK dropped. Typical Greenhouse
:D . As you know I’m not invested in the halfback argument either way but what I would say is I’m not sure we’ve had a player who deserved to be dropped in 2019 so far....
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Woodgers wrote: May 20, 2019, 4:58 pm Hope so GE. I think the key to the sweep is the initial pace from behind the ruck to create the extra man before the defence can shift. I think that and some other stats i've seen show that Jack is deceptively quick and helped him get really good at that play.
Yeah but it took him a while. I've seen practically a week by week improvement at it from CNK. And yes, Jack was very very good at it. Now that people see him as a running half hey appreciate more that there are very, very few blokes with his combo of size, speed, athleticism, palm and a decent pass. There's guys better in each single category but score each out of 10 and compare to Jack jee he'd be near the top of the tree. Took him a full season but once he learnt the gamesense on the sweep he sure nailed it.

Bear in mind for CNK also he's brand new at it and as yet has he ever had the chance to work with the same backrower/half/centre or even winger combo 2 more than weeks in a row. Seems to me he's played 10 games with a fairly steady left edge that Jack (understandably) runs most those plays and a right edge that has been a dogs breakfast of changes.

So he's getting better at it, he's very young in his NRL career and the edge that is the concern he's barely had a week with.

If CNK has no dangerous running attributes but has what- almost a try a game ? A try a game- I won't bother looking it up but I'll eat my hat.

What we could do is go right a bit more because Cotric is over there and Jack/CNK need to get over there occasionally too.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Fair enough, it's improving but it is still a deficiency in our attack at this point in time. He looks like a smart player and a guy willing to learn so I think his passing game will pick up dramatically the more time he spends in the top grade. I'm still worried he doesn't have that acceleration and top speed that the best fullbacks currently have but you can't have everything.

At this point in time I view the tries as more about his support play and being around the footy rather than an elusive fullback but again i'm not bagging the bloke, he's been a top buy and fitting in nicely. This was more a point about why our attack may be a bit more clunky than in previous years when we've scored for fun.

I guess in many ways fullback is a spot where the water mark is really high because of all the ones around (or recently retired) that are out and out superstars.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Sebastian Kris jersey presentation: Raider No. 243 Josh Miller was present in the Canberra Raiders sheds before the match on Saturday night against the South Sydney Rabbitohs to present Raider no. 361 Sebastian Kris with his debut jersey: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... sentation/

By the numbers: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... rabbitohs/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Should Sam Burgess have been sin-binned? Probably, NRL say... but that's too late for the Canberra Raiders

The competition's head of football Graham Annesley conceded South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Sam Burgess probably should have been sent to the sin following a flurry of indiscretions against the Raiders last weekend.

Asked if Burgess should have been sent to the sin bin, Annesley said: "I think there was certainly a case for that.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Woodgers wrote: May 20, 2019, 6:34 pm
The Rickman wrote: May 20, 2019, 5:01 pm Great, so now Woodgers wants CNK dropped. Typical Greenhouse
:D . As you know I’m not invested in the halfback argument either way but what I would say is I’m not sure we’ve had a player who deserved to be dropped in 2019 so far....
Well I disagree entirely.

- Sezer should've been dropped forever because he played badly against the Storm
- Croker should be dropped because he can't pass or kick goals
- Whitehead and Cotric should be dropped because their form is ****
- Lui should be dropped because he's made one error this year
- Havili should be dropped because, ummm, reasons... hooker something, Horsburgh has red hair
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sam Burgess responds to Willie Mason claim that the Canberra Raiders were "disrespectful"

Souths enforcer Sam Burgess was asked how he felt about being targeted by young Canberra forwards Hudson Young and Corey Horsburgh during the Rabbitohs' narrow win last round, knowing the kids were safe from physical retribution.

"I'd like to…," Burgess started, before checking his words. "I'll leave it there."

Read more: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... ks1lcjshoz
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

We've seen how Young and Horse play the game. If punching was allowed does anyone think these guys wouldn't throw hands if it came to it?
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Burgess wasn’t complaining. Love his aggression and attitude.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

zim wrote: May 22, 2019, 5:48 pm We've seen how Young and Horse play the game. If punching was allowed does anyone think these guys wouldn't throw hands if it came to it?
You said Horse play !!!

Ha ha.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Willie Mason is such a joke. Hiding behind the one-punch rule? No way, I have every belief that those two would not have shied away from throwing hands.

I suspect Mason means its disrespectful because we didn't roll over and submit but instead challenged the Burgess thugs and almost won.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

When did Willie Mason become important ?
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Willy was a big cat. Tell ya what you do, Mase. You're an old frizzy haired git that no one cares about.

Now go back to filling in your day by dot to dot puzzles

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It's a weird position for Mason to come from given he was one of those kids who came on to the scene and absolutely had zero **** or interest in kissing the rings or pay respects to the older generation. He went at them from day 1 and showed he wasnt scared of them and that he was there to not pay them any respect but prove that he was worth his own respect

Nothing more ridiculous than old sports stars bitching about the respect of the youth. These boys are here trying to prove themselves, show they belong and earn the respect of their teammates and coach, they're not here to kiss Sam Burgess's ring. **** his ring and **** his respect, if he didnt like it and wanted to throw some hands, im sure Horse and Young would happily accommodate him, maybe they'd win or maybe they'd lose but they arent here to take a backwards step to Sam Burgess.
Last edited by Botman on May 23, 2019, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

And when we play Souths again..and we will..Redhorse and Hudson will bash Surgess again.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

-PJ- wrote: May 22, 2019, 6:13 pm
zim wrote: May 22, 2019, 5:48 pm We've seen how Young and Horse play the game. If punching was allowed does anyone think these guys wouldn't throw hands if it came to it?
You said Horse play !!!

Ha ha.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Just stop saying "throw hands" like it's the only phrase in the world everybody. I'm sure they're all super tough- but Jack got in a lot of trouble for "throwing hands" (and heads and pee all over his pants). Let's not encourage it. Whack each other in a tackle. Not in the tackle either.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

BadnMean wrote:Just stop saying "throw hands" like it's the only phrase in the world everybody. I'm sure they're all super tough- but Jack got in a lot of trouble for "throwing hands" (and heads and pee all over his pants). Let's not encourage it. Whack each other in a tackle. Not in the tackle either.
For a start, the correct term is 'stacking on a blue'.

Thank you for raising this.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

England's backrow is better than Australia's. I'm looking forward to the next clash between those 2.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Woodgers wrote: May 23, 2019, 9:12 am England's backrow is better than Australia's. I'm looking forward to the next clash between those 2.
If you get everyone's a+ games... 8. Burgess 9. Hodgson 10. Graham 11. Whitehead 12. Bateman 13. O'Loughlin with Sutton, Georgey B and Greenwood? coming off the bench... i mean that's a pack well and truly capable of standing up to any pack NZ or Aus can come up with imo
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

100% Pigman. And the best thing about that pack is not only do they have size to match it with anyone, every single one of them is a skilful player that is far, far more capable than just a lump carting a ball up.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings

5. Canberra Raiders (4)
I give the Raiders a pass because they were fantastic against the Rabbitohs and it was one of the games of the year. Their attack still has some question marks over it but they were physical and never stopped competing, and they matched it with one of the biggest packs in the competition. Ricky Stuart should take a lot from that game.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/20/sow ... ly-rising/
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

PigRickman wrote: May 23, 2019, 9:19 am
Woodgers wrote: May 23, 2019, 9:12 am England's backrow is better than Australia's. I'm looking forward to the next clash between those 2.
If you get everyone's a+ games... 8. Burgess 9. Hodgson 10. Graham 11. Whitehead 12. Bateman 13. O'Loughlin with Sutton, Georgey B and Greenwood? coming off the bench... i mean that's a pack well and truly capable of standing up to any pack NZ or Aus can come up with imo
I think Thompson (Thomson?- big bloke with a beard) is actually in their top pack too- better than Graham, Sutton, O'Loughlin and Gurgess for sure.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Thompson, now there's man that can throw hands.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

not
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Funny after all that discussion on having Havili for injury cover Hodgo ends up getting injured next game. Spooky almost.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

Willie mason is border line brain dead, the guy dribbles so much crap, why do people keep asking for his opinion? it's worthless.
raider 4 life