Rabbitohs 13+
40%

Total votes: 10

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by simo »

These games have been fantastic for our young blokes who have really stood up. At the start of the season we were all very concerned about our depth, including the players on our bench.
Now we have hudson young and horsbra getting into personal battles with the elite, and we will have them coming off the bench! Very character building period of the season and ive seen nothing im too disappointed in.
Dont delete this GE
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

I think if Bateman, Rapana and Leilua play then we win that one
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Once again, I was absolutely stoked with our effort and the result. I’m not going to read the gameday thread until tomorrow sometime because it’s probably filled with bitching and complaining and blaming of the referees, but as raiders fans, we should all hold our heads up high

This team is finals bound, and destined for great things

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Good point simo.

I like the look of Young and Horsborugh balanced his aggression better too tonight I thought.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

PigRickman wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:38 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:34 pm
PigRickman wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:28 pm Settle down guys, we just took a very good team all the **** way missing Beej, Raps, JB and Tapine.
That was a good hard game, won in the margins.
Gotta be disappointed in a result like that. A club like ours isn't going to sustain success year after year, the competition isn't designed to support that. So when we have a start to the year as we have we really need to make the most of it, and we let that one get away.
No doubt, but you're telling me we got into a semi against Souths and we have Tapine, Raps and JB back on deck (beej doesnt seem like he's in the picture) and you're not saying, we lost this by a bees dick and now they have to contend with us PLUS 3 of our best 4-5 players?

It sucks to lose, would have liked to win, think he would have if Croker just goes to the corner... but there was nothing seen tonight to suggest at our best, and WITH our best we cant beat them.
Definitely a great effort with our personnel. Just one of those games that can well end up being the difference between earning some home finals games.

The top 3 starts to pull away from us with that loss which is my main frustration. Big game next weekend where we really need the 2 points to avoid falling back into the pack.

But yes for more patient supporters there are plenty of positives. I'm just of the opinion that sustained success is so tough for us that we need to make hay.
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

The Rickman wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:42 pm Once again, I was absolutely stoked with our effort and the result. I’m not going to read the gameday thread until tomorrow sometime because it’s probably filled with bitching and complaining and blaming of the referees, but as raiders fans, we should all hold our heads up high

This team is finals bound, and destined for great things

You’ll be disappointed. Now too much complaining about refs. Lots of positivity about how well we went. Really close to the top teams, just missing some key attack players. I believe like you we should be round of the team - a really top effort for the full game. Didn’t give up and kept trying until the hooter.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Lucky wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:40 pm I think if Bateman, Rapana and Leilua play then we win that one
I dont even think it's close. THat game was crying out for one of those sorts of dudes making something.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Horsburgh held his own against Burgess and played the longest stint of any bench forward. Ricky is doing a great job with him.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Yeah, all our forwards did a great job tonight. Papa and Lui led by example and Young and Horse looked like they had a zillion cups of coffee and some red frogs. I also thought Oldfield and Simonssen did some good work too.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

By the way how good was Lui’s first stint tonight? In attack he did the tough stuff and continually found his belly. He was also really solid in defence.

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Lucky wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:40 pm I think if Bateman, Rapana and Leilua play then we win that one
I think just Bateman and we win, he would have made inroads for sure.

Cotric did well, its his spot now. Looked stronger and pulled in 2 and 3 players to tackle him
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Hard not to be proud of the boys after that. Every single player can walk off the field and know they gave it everything. They matched it with the benchmark of the comp.

That last play, with the benefit of hindsight and slo-mo, should have went out the back from Hodgo where there was a 4 on 2 overlap.

P.s how good is Foxsports. Post game interviews from 4 Souths players and 0 Raiders. Hah!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hudson Young was immense. I know he's getting a lot of well deserved praise here for his game today but i want to get in on that. Hell of a game from the kid.
Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

Bennett talking us up in the presser.... but gee he doesnt think much of Maloney and Cleary
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

KingDynamite wrote:By the way how good was Lui’s first stint tonight? In attack he did the tough stuff and continually found his belly. He was also really solid in defence.
He was really good

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

PigRickman wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:28 pm Settle down guys, we just took a very good team all the **** way missing Beej, Raps, JB and Tapine.
That was a good hard game, won in the margins.
Nailed it. I’m very proud of that performance, a real arm wrestle.

In 2016 at this point we didn’t think we would make the finals. A lot can happen in the next few months. We looked very good tonight.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Hopefully can grab a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks and get into that top 4 a bit more solidly again.

I tipped the Raiders tonight. I suspect this is my fault.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

simo wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:40 pm These games have been fantastic for our young blokes who have really stood up. At the start of the season we were all very concerned about our depth, including the players on our bench.
Now we have hudson young and horsbra getting into personal battles with the elite, and we will have them coming off the bench! Very character building period of the season and ive seen nothing im too disappointed in.
Really good point.

And to think, 2 of those boys will have to head back to Mounties when Batemen and Tarpine come back.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
KingDynamite wrote:By the way how good was Lui’s first stint tonight? In attack he did the tough stuff and continually found his belly. He was also really solid in defence.
He was really good

He’s always been good. Has been for three years now

People that want Lui out of the team are deadset idiots

kris-ko
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Papasaurus

Post by kris-ko »

Cracking effort. Last two weeks feel a bit like those 2016 finals losses to Sharks and Storm. At least this time we’ve got four months and three gun players returning to bridge the gap.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote:
He was really good

He’s always been good. Has been for three years now

People that want Lui out of the team are deadset idiots

Agree with you.

I think he's done a fine job. Does the hardest stuff, running hard lines and defending tight. And he does it well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

We had our chances to win this game and couldn't get it done again, 1-3 over the last 4 and we're starting to fall down the ladder with the teams behind us finding form. Really needed to get the 2 points tonight instead of taking away a moral victory, given the quality of players we are missing a loss was always the realistic result but its still disappointing.
Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

wooooooooo hooray for 20 hours straight of rugby league :cmon
and Shorten lost the election... only thing that spoiled the night was a heartbreaking raiders loss, oh well!!! hopefully next week we destroy the hapless cowgirls.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I’ve literally loved both of the last two games

Can’t think of too many times in my life I can say that about losses

It’s just so great seeing the team play defensively minded football. We’ve rolled through the hardest teams now, we keep playing like that the season will get a lot easier

Just need to not get complacent like we did in the manly game now

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BVRaider wrote:We had our chances to win this game and couldn't get it done again, 1-3 over the last 4 and we're starting to fall down the ladder with the teams behind us finding form. Really needed to get the 2 points tonight instead of taking away a moral victory, given the quality of players we are missing a loss was always the realistic result but its still disappointing.
I couldn’t disagree more. We just need to keep playing like we are now and the wins will start to flow

It’s only if the team now takes their foot off the pedal against the “lesser” teams that we’ll be in any trouble

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

We weren't complacent against Manly. We were just run down

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:We weren't complacent against Manly. We were just run down

Garbage. We got up 12-nil, decided it was all too easy and got run down circa 2017/18. It’s the only time we’ve done that this year thankfully, and hopefully it’s a stark reminder for the rest of the season what happens once you stop taking your opponent seriously

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I absolutely loved the way we played our footy tonight. Key players out and everyone ripped in 100%. We’ve made it through the hard part of the draw and need to make it count over the next 4-5 weeks and if we can reproduce that effort we will win most of them.

I am hoping that this experience at this time of the season will only make us hungrier and harder and give us the grit and determination we need to get the wins when it matters at the end of the season.

I hope the team feels the loss but holds their heads high. We are in the mix this year.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

pickles wrote:I absolutely loved the way we played our footy tonight. Key players out and everyone ripped in 100%. We’ve made it through the hard part of the draw and need to make it count over the next 4-5 weeks and if we can reproduce that effort we will win most of them.

I am hoping that this experience at this time of the season will only make us hungrier and harder and give us the grit and determination we need to get the wins when it matters at the end of the season.

I hope the team feels the loss but holds their heads high. We are in the mix this year.
100% pick. Spot on, mate

Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

Watching Toronto vs Toulouse now ... ahh McCrone, bringing back some memories.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

KingDynamite wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:53 pm By the way how good was Lui’s first stint tonight? In attack he did the tough stuff and continually found his belly. He was also really solid in defence.
Yep. Everyone dropping him after his literal first handling error of the season last week looks a bit daft.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: South Sydney Rabbitohs edge out Canberra Raiders in thriller

The South Sydney Rabbitohs star Cody Walker proved himself worthy of the biggest office at the nation's political power base as he orchestrated a pulsating 16-12 win over the Canberra Raiders at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night.

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS 16 (Cody Walker, Mawene Hiroti tries; Adam Reynolds 2 conversions, 2 penalties) defeated CANBERRA RAIDERS 14 (Sam Williams try; Jarrod Croker conversion, 3 penalties) at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night. Crowd: 16,965.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Sam Burgess avoids the bin as gutted Jarrod Croker laments chance

Should big Sam Burgess have been set to the sin bin? What would have happened if Jarrod Croker hadn't been stripped of possession with the try-line beckoning? The what ifs are cruel.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Ricky's young guns shine despite Rabbitohs loss: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/18/rai ... tohs-loss/

Bennett weighs in on Blues halves debate: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/18/ben ... es-debate/

Rabbitohs hold on to defy gutsy Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/18/rab ... y-raiders/

Match Highlights: Raiders v Rabbitohs: Canberra host South Sydney during round 10 of the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/18/mat ... rabbitohs/

Raiders Press Conference: Round 10: Ricky Stuart chats to the media after his team's round 10 game against the Rabbitohs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... onference/
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

Whilst the boys have greatly improved and they are staying in the battle most of the game. Maybe they might need a sports psyc revisit.
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Just got back from the game and after digesting the election result I haven't had a chance to read the thread. I strongly feel that taking the 2 penalties after we had squared at 2 all in the 1st half was a waste of possession and lost opportunity. We needed to go for tries. I think we lost it there.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Lucky
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucky »

Can someone tell me why the captains never attend the press conferences anymore? For years I remember Jarrod croker sitting beside stick and answering questions