Rabbitohs 13+
40%

Total votes: 10

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by Johno »

In the few plays Kris was involved he acquitted himself well, as with Simmonsen, Horse, Sutton and Young have all done much better than I expected.

These players will only get better as the season goes on
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Azza wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:25 pm I reckon that is one of the games of the year. Chin up we have a really good team on our hands
Yep, a really great game.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

Had our chances at the end massively.
That last set was ****
This hurts but we are ok moving forward
The young forwards - horse, young, simmo are awesome
Cotric was good at centre
Oldfield was great as a backup
Chins up
We are alright lads
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

We’re going to have to reassess our strategy of trying to beat teams by kicking penalty goals. It might work against weaker teams but against top teams you need to score tries.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Just lacking a bit of firepower at the moment
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Cotric needed to see the ball in those last two sets and I don't think he did, that's not good enough
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

PigRickman wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:28 pm Settle down guys, we just took a very good team all the **** way missing Beej, Raps, JB and Tapine.
That was a good hard game, won in the margins.
completely agree, we didn't have the attacking edge we needed....but considering who is on the sideline a fantastic effort.
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

kiwi raider wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:28 pm good performance but Croker really should have won that
and would have if the ball wasn't literally ripped out of his hands
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Shows we're not a top echelon side, but capable of competing with the best.

I'm just happy with their intent and commitment, just lamenting our execution and critical thinking under pressure.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Rads1984
Brett Mullins

Post by Rads1984 »

A sign of our losing culture. Everyone is happy with our effort. We received 0 points for tonight.

If Bellamy was our coach, he’d be livid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Canberra Milk wrote:Cotric needed to see the ball in those last two sets and I don't think he did, that's not good enough
It’s interesting that when the team really needs a try the strategy drops back to crash balls. Has hurt us a number of times now.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

We definitely overused the left. Cotric is going to be awesome but he can't create from getting the ball flat footed like BJ.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Id like to see jack on the right with Cotric getting more ball in the centres
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Happy with the effort etc and agree it's good signs but bombed games hurt that's the truth
Greedysmurf
Dean Lance

Post by Greedysmurf »

Lucky wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:24 pm ouch.... that one hurts, unfortunately tonight just proved that we are still a fair distance behind the top sides... top8 is in REAL jeopardy now.
What utter claptrap. Tonight proved that when we're on, we can compete with the top sides, only lacking that extra bit of class or direction in our playmaker.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

edwahu wrote:We definitely overused the left. Cotric is going to be awesome but he can't create from getting the ball flat footed like BJ.
Yeah he needs a playmaker to put him into space

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Canberra Milk wrote:Happy with the effort etc and agree it's good signs but bombed games hurt that's the truth
Yeah I agree mate.

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

gangrenous wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:31 pm
Canberra Milk wrote:Cotric needed to see the ball in those last two sets and I don't think he did, that's not good enough
It’s interesting that when the team really needs a try the strategy drops back to crash balls. Has hurt us a number of times now.
You say interesting, I say bizarre
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

This is a young team that is still learning how to compete in these really tough games. We will be better for it at the end of the year and into next
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

We play 3 teams in a row that if we turn up like that we beat.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

PigRickman wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:28 pm Settle down guys, we just took a very good team all the **** way missing Beej, Raps, JB and Tapine.
Gotta be disappointed in a result like that. A club like ours isn't going to sustain success year after year, the competition isn't designed to support that. So when we have a start to the year as we have we really need to make the most of it, and we let that one get away.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Azza wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:33 pm This is a young team that is still learning how to compete in these really tough games. We will be better for it at the end of the year and into next
Heard that line a lot in 2016. We definitely weren't better for it :roflmao
Rads1984
Brett Mullins

Post by Rads1984 »

edwahu wrote:We play 3 teams in a row that if we turn up like that we beat.
We should but I think Taumololo will carve us up next week.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:34 pm
Azza wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:33 pm This is a young team that is still learning how to compete in these really tough games. We will be better for it at the end of the year and into next
Heard that line a lot in 2016. We definitely weren't better for it :roflmao
Who are you?
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Dr Zaius wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:29 pm Just lacking a bit of firepower at the moment
they’re all in the sideline, Bateman tapine Leilua n rapana.
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Rads1984 wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:30 pm A sign of our losing culture. Everyone is happy with our effort. We received 0 points for tonight.

If Bellamy was our coach, he’d be livid.

I just dont understand this reaction at all.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

raiderskater wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:30 pm
kiwi raider wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:28 pm good performance but Croker really should have won that
way to loose a carry for the situation IMO
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Wonderful game.

Great to see Cotric get some form again. I thought Young was fantastic tonight but can’t help but wonder the impact J Bateman would have had tonight. Not to mention Rapana and Tapine.

Our back 3 were solid all night, Simonson still finding how to best inject himself into the game but he’s close to breaking one open.

Have to say Wighton seemed to go missing MOST of the last 20, Williams just couldn’t get us across the line.

hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Fantastic game. Souths are a really good team who have been in sensational form. Both teams had personnel missing but played really well. The sort of game that could have gone our way with a bit of luck. For me I'm still really liking what I see from our boys and think there's a lot more positives than negatives in a performance like that. The draw is very favourable for us now until August, and with origin coming into the picture if we can keep producing performances like that in this period we will be in a very good position indeed coming into the end of the season.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Ilanraiders wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:29 pm Just lacking a bit of firepower at the moment
they’re all in the sideline, Bateman tapine Leilua n rapana.
Yes. That is correct.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Sharks will be sitting on our backsides on points come Monday, and they get a few top players back also, cant afford to drop out of the top 4 over the Origin period
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:34 pm
Gotta be disappointed in a result like that. A club like ours isn't going to sustain success year after year, the competition isn't designed to support that. So when we have a start to the year as we have we really need to make the most of it, and we let that one get away.
No doubt, but you're telling me we got into a semi against Souths and we have Tapine, Raps and JB back on deck (beej doesnt seem like he's in the picture) and you're not saying, we lost this by a bees dick and now they have to contend with us PLUS 3 of our best 4-5 players?

It sucks to lose, would have liked to win, think he would have if Croker just goes to the corner... but there was nothing seen tonight to suggest at our best, and WITH our best we cant beat them.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

kiwi raider wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:36 pm
raiderskater wrote: May 18, 2019, 9:30 pm
way to loose a carry for the situation IMO
Definitely. Croker does that a lot, he loves coming back in on fullbacks like that and 9/10 times he scores... the fullback got some contact on the ball and dislodged it, he didnt play at it. Loose carry was IMO the correct call.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I’m trying not to be critical of the coaching this year and I’m enjoying the games because of it.

But picking a mediocre at best 20 year old reserve grade centre and playing him at lock for the last 10 when behind is beyond reaching. I understand Simonsson was probably ducked from the dirty work and that there’s a few injuries. But that is boneheaded and lucky if it does ever ever come off. If you don’t have the player to do it you pick an extra forward.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Um Jammer Lammy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: David Milne

Post by Um Jammer Lammy »

Two blown opportunities in two weeks... But it is nice to have a quality side to watch, we are missing Rapana, Leilua, Bateman and Tapine and we pushed and could have beaten the top teams. These guys can go to the finals if they want it enough, plenty of hustle in them.

The refs let Souths wreck our offensive rhythm in the first half, so many penalties... Sam Burgess needed 10 minutes in the bin.
Golden Boogs 2006: McLinden Award
Golden Boogs 2007: Personality of the Year