12. Hudson Young
13. Sutton

14. Havilii
15. Sololia
16. Horsburgh
17. Murchie

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Weird flex, but ok...
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders name rookie Sebastian Kris as club prepares for biggest crowd in a decade

The Canberra Raiders will test another rookie, Seb Kris, against one of the best teams in the competition as the club braces for what could be their biggest regular-season crowd in a decade, possibly 20,000.

"If we want to compete, we have to start better against the Rabbitohs than we did last week," Soliola said. "This day and age, you can't give any squad that sort of lead and try to crawl back. The game is hard enough as it is. We know we can do it, it's just a matter of being consistent."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews

Post by dubby »

edwahu wrote:People are being pretty tough on Lui. He has one error for the whole season and given we surely won't be carrying a bench back this week it's hard to see how dropping him for someone else makes sense.
Yeah he's been fine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I'm glad Kris gets a run. He looks likely.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Surprised about Kris. If he gets an opportunity hopefully he kills it.

Excited to watch Citric get an extended run at centre, it's the challenge he needs.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I think this may be the thing that turns Cotric around. If he plays well, he'll remain center rest of the year.

It's a ploy by the coach, and a good one. Nic stuffed up in big way last week. Now he's promoted to centre.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

dubby wrote: May 14, 2019, 5:25 pm I think this may be the thing that turns Cotric around. If he plays well, he'll remain center rest of the year.

It's a ploy by the coach, and a good one. Nic stuffed up in big way last week. Now he's promoted to centre.

interested in how it’s a promotion?

I like the Cotric decision. Probably could have named him at wing and played him at centre for the first installment though imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

julian87 wrote: May 14, 2019, 5:45 pm
dubby wrote: May 14, 2019, 5:25 pm I think this may be the thing that turns Cotric around. If he plays well, he'll remain center rest of the year.

I like the Cotric decision. Probably could have named him at wing and played him at centre for the first installment though imo.
I like the fact that our coach is backing himself by naming the team as he intends to play them 1-17 every week.

It's a refreshing change and just highlights the change in attitude around the whole place. I love it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Ryan Sutton ready to 'prove a point' against Bennett and English trio

Ryan Sutton will use the Canberra Raiders' battle of Britain as a chance to prove himself to England coach Wayne Bennett and measure himself against some of the players he grew up idolising.

"I still understand I'm young so I'm concentrating on my own game. But my goal is definitely to play for England, you want to strive for the peak and that's what I want to do. I want to play for my country," Sutton said.

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I wish Bateman was playing this week, he would've had a huge game.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Pretty happy with that side.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Re: 2019 Rd 10 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews

Post by Neeeegz »

zim wrote:
The Rickman wrote: May 14, 2019, 3:58 pm
TongueFTW wrote: May 14, 2019, 3:23 pm
The Rickman wrote: May 14, 2019, 2:36 pm Here's the team I'd LIKE to see named today, although I know several of my choices probably won't happen:

1. CNK
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Oldbeard
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Havilli
15. Young
16. Soliola
17. Guler
No Horsburgh? Agree except for I would like Horsburgh on the bench, probably for Guler (though I rate him).
I honestly don't see what the fuss is over Horsburgh... is it the red hair? I just don't see anything except needless penalties and ordinary play.
That's just very short-sighted. He's difficult to bring down, has an offload, a step, can make metres in traffic and is active in defence. Give him some more fitness and experience to improve that decision making and he'll be great.
The horse is a first grade player. Needs some polish, but he hits hard in defence, gets post contact meters in attack and looks for an offload. He is on the rise for sure

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Green eyed Mick wrote:Pretty happy with that side.
Yep I think guler needs to stop that step before the line, look at lui, full pelt straight then he may be a chance

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Chicka Chicka Chicka
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

I wonder how Kris will be used off the bench? Purely cover for an outside back injury??
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

The Rickman wrote:
zim wrote: May 14, 2019, 4:30 pm
The Rickman wrote: May 14, 2019, 3:58 pm
TongueFTW wrote: May 14, 2019, 3:23 pm
The Rickman wrote: May 14, 2019, 2:36 pm Here's the team I'd LIKE to see named today, although I know several of my choices probably won't happen:

1. CNK
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Cotric
5. Oldbeard
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Havilli
15. Young
16. Soliola
17. Guler
No Horsburgh? Agree except for I would like Horsburgh on the bench, probably for Guler (though I rate him).
I honestly don't see what the fuss is over Horsburgh... is it the red hair? I just don't see anything except needless penalties and ordinary play.
That's just very short-sighted. He's difficult to bring down, has an offload, a step, can make metres in traffic and is active in defence. Give him some more fitness and experience to improve that decision making and he'll be great.
Like I've said repeatedly, people see something in him that I haven't seen yet. I haven't seen anything resembling this yet.

I hope he proves me wrong though.
I’m the same, I want to get on board but I don’t see anything special just yet.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders five eighth Jack Wighton not fazed by Origin talk

Raiders five-eighth Jack Wighton isn't fazed by the recent suggestions that he could be called up to Brad Fitler's NSW side and admits that his focus is solely on beating the Rabbitohs this weekend at GIO Stadium.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... igin-talk/
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Wow. I see the hardest hitter in defence by miles of any of our young forwards, the most mongrel and he makes the most yards. Looks the most likely FG of the lot imo.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

BadnMean wrote: May 14, 2019, 9:08 pm Wow. I see the hardest hitter in defence by miles of any of our young forwards, the most mongrel and he makes the most yards. Looks the most likely FG of the lot imo.
Yep. Pretty obvious to me too.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: May 14, 2019, 8:07 pm I wonder how Kris will be used off the bench? Purely cover for an outside back injury??
I reckon he will get shifted to the wing and simonsson will be lurking around the ruck when their big forwards get tired.

Ricky said last week in the presser his game plan was exactly that for simonsson but unfortunately raps got injured and he effectively just had to make a like for like replacement
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders name rookie Sebastian Kris as club prepares for biggest crowd in a decade

The Canberra Raiders will test another rookie, Seb Kris, against one of the best teams in the competition as the club braces for what could be their biggest regular-season crowd in a decade, possibly 20,000.

"If we want to compete, we have to start better against the Rabbitohs than we did last week," Soliola said. "This day and age, you can't give any squad that sort of lead and try to crawl back. The game is hard enough as it is. We know we can do it, it's just a matter of being consistent."

Interesting prediction of 20k by Tuesday..

Either it's sheer hope or the presale numbers are off the charts

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The Rickman wrote: May 14, 2019, 5:55 pm
julian87 wrote: May 14, 2019, 5:45 pm

I like the fact that our coach is backing himself by naming the team as he intends to play them 1-17 every week.

It's a refreshing change and just highlights the change in attitude around the whole place. I love it.
I agree to a point and I mean if this is something that bugs me atm it’s not a bad situation we are in.

In this situation I just think giving Souths the jump on the positional change gives them an unnecessary heads up.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Westsydneyraider wrote: May 14, 2019, 9:57 pm
Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: May 14, 2019, 8:07 pm I wonder how Kris will be used off the bench? Purely cover for an outside back injury??
I reckon he will get shifted to the wing and simonsson will be lurking around the ruck when their big forwards get tired.

Ricky said last week in the presser his game plan was exactly that for simonsson but unfortunately raps got injured and he effectively just had to make a like for like replacement
Yeah this. Simonsson was essentially picked in the same role as Papenhuyzen has played for Melbourne. Was picked to be introduced at the back end of a game when we needed to role the dice as a second fullback in attack having substituted off the lock forward.

It’s a ploy I’m a pretty big fan of if your pack is good enough to cover it and you have an 80 minute hooker imo. Because realistically barring injury a 4th running forward on the bench just isn’t required. When you run with that you just end up having your 9th forward out of 9 in the side stealing minutes off better players. The one thing about this ploy if Stuart uses it is that if the game is close or we are ahead that 17th man does not play. And fans need to realize that and not whine about it imo.

Also just on Kris. If he were to come on for Simonsson to roam I’d hope it’s at centre, not wing. He’s a centre only from what I’ve seen.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

julian87 wrote: May 14, 2019, 10:26 pm
Yeah this. Simonsson was essentially picked in the same role as Papenhuyzen has played for Melbourne. Was picked to be introduced at the back end of a game when we needed to role the dice as a second fullback in attack having substituted off the lock forward.

It’s a ploy I’m a pretty big fan of if your pack is good enough to cover it and you have an 80 minute hooker imo. Because realistically barring injury a 4th running forward on the bench just isn’t required. When you run with that you just end up having your 9th forward out of 9 in the side stealing minutes off better players. The one thing about this ploy if Stuart uses it is that if the game is close or we are ahead that 17th man does not play. And fans need to realize that and not whine about it imo.

Also just on Kris. If he were to come on for Simonsson to roam I’d hope it’s at centre, not wing. He’s a centre only from what I’ve seen.
I found it weird that last week so many people here were against the idea of having Simonsson as the utility off the interchange. To the point where people were convinced it was a smokescreen. I was quite confident that we'd field the side as named barring injury. The concept of the outside back utility has been seen pretty regularly in teams with an 80 minute hooker, like Melbourne as you mentioned... we've seen it in Origin. I'm definitely a fan too. Considering the players we have out injured, I think this set up works well with the current balance of the squad.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Westsydneyraider wrote: May 14, 2019, 9:57 pm

Ah ok. Because last week I thought it was half because we were playing 3 half busts backs (Rapa ribs, Oldie groin, CNK knee) but this indicates a whole new shift in bench approach from Sticky. An addition or supplement to his mobile pack that works them up the middle theory. :hmmm
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

That's the best 17 would could have picked and fair enough to.

Congrats to Mr Kris.

The highlight of the night will be seeing sidemouth doing the Viking Clap...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Any advice on staying awake till this 7-35 kickoff ?

I'm not a fan of this timeslot...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Also without Bateman we lack a bit of cover in the backs, I know you can't just pick a back in case and he needs to bring something else so interested to see how Stick can make it work.
Edrick The Entertainer
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Raiders_Pat wrote: May 15, 2019, 12:02 am

I found it weird that last week so many people here were against the idea of having Simonsson as the utility off the interchange. To the point where people were convinced it was a smokescreen. I was quite confident that we'd field the side as named barring injury. The concept of the outside back utility has been seen pretty regularly in teams with an 80 minute hooker, like Melbourne as you mentioned... we've seen it in Origin. I'm definitely a fan too. Considering the players we have out injured, I think this set up works well with the current balance of the squad.
This is where we really benefit from not only having an 80 min hooker in hodgo, but also having our bench hooker being capable of selection solely as a middle forward. The remaining bench spot would be wasted on another middle as the minutes and interchanges just arent there. May as well have cover for backs and the ability to inject fast feet into te game
Dont delete this GE
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I think we are blessed with having Havili in our squad - we essentially have the cover for hooker in a player that is a very mobile middle third player.

Between Havili, Sia and an roaming backline player (Simmonsen/Kris) we have immediate coverage for hooker, props, backrow, and every backline position.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

-PJ- wrote: May 15, 2019, 7:43 am Any advice on staying awake till this 7-35 kickoff ?

I wouldn't recommend watching the lead up games
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Raiders_Pat wrote: May 15, 2019, 12:02 am

Nobody was concerned about him being named on the bench as a utility though. My concern was that he was simply there as cover for the outside backs, I've only learned SINCE the game the role Stuart intended him to play (which I would've actually loved to see)... you're rewriting history a bit here, Pat.

It seems Kris has been named for the same thing... only he'll replace a forward and Simonsson will move into the ruck. I'm all for that idea.
boydy80
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by boydy80 »

-PJ- wrote: May 15, 2019, 7:43 am Any advice on staying awake till this 7-35 kickoff ?

Have you tried drinking?..... Heavily
Long time creeper....... First time poster
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

AUDIO: Canberra Raiders fans prepare to fill Canberra Stadium this Saturday night

The Raiders could draw one of their biggest crowds of the decade this weekend, when they host the Rabbitohs at GIO Stadium. Tim Shaw spoke to Matt Lippiatt-Sidman from The Greenhouse Forum.

Podcast: http://2cc.net.au/podcasts/12668-raider ... urday.html

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Corey Horsburgh and Steve Roach: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... ve-roach2/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

God I hope it's a sellout. That would be fantastic for the boys, and a just reward for the way they've gone about their football in 2019.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Pretty big game this one. If this mornings rumoured nsw side is anything to go by we will be without Wighton in rd12