33%
Roosters 13+
25%

Total votes: 12

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Which of the 4 match deciding decisions I listed do you disagree with. Where is your counter evidence?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

And I mean it’s odd how penalty Broncos is a meme across all supporters right? It couldn’t be that the most highly valued team of the NRL actually receives more than their share of favourable calls could it?

Nope all swings and roundabouts of course. Silly old me again...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It could be. Looking forward to your league wide analysis and supporting data.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

PigRickman wrote: May 17, 2019, 8:24 pm haha yeah mate, you no evidence.
If you've got some smoking gun that shows the Canberra Raiders have been adversely effected by incorrect officiating calls, vs the other 15 clubs, im here to read it.

And your word, with your wild interpretations aint going to **** cut it, pal. Haha.
Your unbearable with your derogatory comments towards people and your know all posts.
Imagine having a beer with you...sheesh
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 17, 2019, 8:37 pm Which of the 4 match deciding decisions I listed do you disagree with. Where is your counter evidence?
I would first charge you to provide me a count of how many games every other club has lost based on your interpretation on incorrect calls. I could fully agree with your assessment on all 4 and yet, if that's normalised across the league, then at the end of the day, we aren't adversely effected

How many games have the Titans, Tigers, Knights, Warriors, Roosters, Souths, Cronulla, Nth Qld, Brisbane, Canterbury, Penrith, Parramatta, Manly, Dragons and the Storm lost due to incorrect decisions? And how did you come to those determinations? What's your criteria for match losing call? Have you actually got any verification that the call was incorrect and not you?

The claim is, by you, that we are adversely effected by incorrect calls, beyond the norm. Why i would bother responding until that claim has backing evidence?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Johno wrote: May 17, 2019, 8:59 pm
PigRickman wrote: May 17, 2019, 8:24 pm haha yeah mate, you no evidence.
If you've got some smoking gun that shows the Canberra Raiders have been adversely effected by incorrect officiating calls, vs the other 15 clubs, im here to read it.

And your word, with your wild interpretations aint going to **** cut it, pal. Haha.
Your unbearable with your derogatory comments towards people and your know all posts.
Imagine having a beer with you...sheesh
Many people on this site have had MANY (far too many) drinks with me, most of them seemed to have enjoyed them. Im good for friends, so im not particularly interesting in what

*checks notes*

Johno on www.thegh.com.au thinks of me, anymore than i suspect you care what i think of you.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote:
gangrenous wrote: May 17, 2019, 8:37 pm Which of the 4 match deciding decisions I listed do you disagree with. Where is your counter evidence?
I would first charge you to provide me a count of how many games every other club has lost based on your interpretation on incorrect calls. I could fully agree with your assessment on all 4 and yet, if that's normalised across the league, then at the end of the day, we aren't adversely effected

How many games have the Titans, Tigers, Knights, Warriors, Roosters, Souths, Cronulla, Nth Qld, Brisbane, Canterbury, Penrith, Parramatta, Manly, Dragons and the Storm lost due to incorrect decisions? And how did you come to those determinations? What's your criteria for match losing call? Have you actually got any verification that the call was incorrect and not you?

The claim is, by you, that we are adversely effected by incorrect calls, beyond the norm. Why i would bother responding until that claim has backing evidence?
You’re not that great at logic are you. It doesn’t matter what the league average is. If the Raiders have 4 against and 0 for then it is not swings and roundabouts and evenly balanced. So instead of wasting my time. Just tell me all these game deciding howlers we benefited from already!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Nic Cotric got a chance to blow the game last week when the rooster were disallowed a fair try.
Literally last week

But I guess that doesn’t count right, because we couldn’t execute and do our job to win the game?
The correct called in made and that game is over and what Cotric does is irrelevant
Literally last week
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

So your best is a forward pass, that you could judge on television was definitely legal? That’s your howler?

Try harder.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

chris83 wrote: May 17, 2019, 7:39 pm Didnt know where to put this but it proves how much of a dog club the roosters are.
A family friend is going through some serious medical problems so my hometown is having a fundraiser for him, my brother knows a person who is involved with the raiders and also another who is involved with the roosters, so my brother tells his raiders contact about said family friends medical problem, asks if he can get a signed raiders jersey so it can be auctioned.....yes we'd love to help, of course the raiders will sign whatever you need to raise money.
Brother talks to the roosters contact (a big name ex player) said contact talks to the roosters people and is told "No sorry, when our club is frontrunning late in the season like this, we dont sign anything for free as our 2019 signed jerseys that we sell through the club are worth a lot of money so you will have to buy one through the club".
No wonder i hate the roosters
Oh good, another reason to hate the Roosters (and equally, to love our boys).

Seriously though, I hope your mate is able to get through this. Good on your hometown for rallying around him.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 17, 2019, 9:50 pm So your best is a forward pass, that you could judge on television was definitely legal? That’s your howler?

Try harder.
Hahah perfect
Succinctly sums your POV up

It was proven legal on the tv, can’t blame the officials there, but when the officials make a call in the moment against us and proven incorrect on the tv with the aid of endless replay, hell to pay!

This is exactly it. We get a call, it’s dismissed. Basically didn’t happen. Ruled out. Call goes against us, it’s the greatest crime in sports. That’s what this boils down too.
Perfect. Congrats Gangers, you played yourself
Last edited by Botman on May 17, 2019, 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gangrenous wrote:So your best is a forward pass, that you could judge on television was definitely legal? That’s your howler?

Try harder.
Even TV showed that pass as slightly forward. They don’t usually call those little ones, but the touchy was in perfect position (and the Roosters had already scored off a couple of dubious passes).

But hey Roosters got a completely wrong extra set before the disallowed try call when Croker was deemed to have played at the ball.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BJ wrote: May 17, 2019, 9:57 pm
gangrenous wrote:So your best is a forward pass, that you could judge on television was definitely legal? That’s your howler?

Try harder.
Even TV showed that pass as slightly forward. They don’t usually call those little ones, but the touchy was in perfect position (and the Roosters had already scored off a couple of dubious passes).

But hey Roosters got a completely wrong extra set before the disallowed try call when Croker was deemed to have played at the ball.
Ohh so now it’s not about the individual call? And offset calls are in play?
That wasn’t the brief, i was asked howlers at the death we benefited from, we had one last week

If you want to go down the path of offsets, where is the cut off? Ok so the forward pass call was wrong but was negated by the 6 to go call, was it negated by something else? How far can we go back

Have we got an independent (don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t trust you) evaluation on those games gangers mentioned if there were offset calls?

Slippery slope time, baby
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You haven’t even found one howler for us yet. You gave a pitiful attempt and immediately we had someone pop up agreeing the refs had it right.

Find someone agreeing the refs got it right on my 4 examples. They’ll have to be pretty special because all 4 were without doubt the incorrect call. That’s what makes them howlers.

P.S. regarding your endless replay comment, you may recall the existence of something known as the video ref. Who actually exacerbated the nature of these howlers. Like what were they looking at?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I.. I just gave you one
From... like less than 7 days ago haha
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

PigRickman wrote:
BJ wrote: May 17, 2019, 9:57 pm

Try harder.

Ohh so now it’s not about the individual call? And offset calls are in play?
That wasn’t the brief, i was asked howlers at the death we benefited from, we had one last week

If you want to go down the path of offsets, where is the cut off? Ok so the forward pass call was wrong but was negated by the 6 to go call, was it negated by something else? How far can we go back

Have we got an independent (don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t trust you) evaluation on those games gangers mentioned if there were offset calls?

Slippery slope time, baby
What planet are you on? It was a forward pass by the Roosters. I’m just saying it was slight.

But the touchie was right in position to make the call. Now you are making up howlers out of actually correct ref decisions.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I’m on the planet where that pass was clearly fine haha
Thrown backwards out of the hand, incorrectly ruled (even gangers above concedes it was fair!!!) forward

You see guys, this is it
This is precisely it. You can’t see it but this is the smoking gun. Haha
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

PigRickman wrote:I’m on the planet where that pass was clearly fine haha
Thrown backwards out of the hand, incorrectly ruled (even gangers above concedes it was fair!!!) forward

You see guys, this is it
I think the planet you are on is called Uranus.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote: Thrown backwards out of the hand, incorrectly ruled (even gangers above concedes it was fair!!!) forward
I... I don’t think this happened.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Ubet
I’m all up in Uranus here
Now smile and call tell me you like it
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

PigRickman wrote:Ubet
That’s hilarious to throw my same joke back at me. You should get a joke writers gig with other original joke writers from the 104.7 Morning Crew.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 17, 2019, 10:36 pm
PigRickman wrote: Thrown backwards out of the hand, incorrectly ruled (even gangers above concedes it was fair!!!) forward
I... I don’t think this happened.

So when you said
gangrenous wrote: May 17, 2019, 9:50 pm So your best is a forward pass, that you could judge on television was definitely legal?
Ah never mind.
They’re all out to get us. Haha.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BJ wrote: May 17, 2019, 10:39 pm
PigRickman wrote:Ubet
That’s hilarious to throw my same joke back at me. You should get a joke writers gig with other original joke writers from the 104.7 Morning Crew.
Don’t blame me because you’ve got **** joke execution and leave yourself open for a easy winner! Haha
Don’t get bitter, get better
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:I’m on the planet where that pass was clearly fine haha

You see guys, this is it
Was that the one a few tackles after the (played at) 6 more call, which was a classic howler?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I feel a lot better about the refereeing these days, decisions have generally been more logical this year imo. Apart from when Gerard Sutton is the referee. He's **** ****.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha just saw this on Facebook. A panthers fan talking about their loss last night to the Warriors

Sound familiar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Any howlers there? Nope...

Do I need to get you guys a dictionary for Christmas?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote: So when you said
gangrenous wrote: May 17, 2019, 9:50 pm So your best is a forward pass, that you could judge on television was definitely legal?
Ah never mind.
They’re all out to get us. Haha.
I was questioning your ability to judge that particular pass was *definitely* legal from the vision. I have worded in an ambiguous fashion though, so fair enough.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

So only the “howlers” go against the raiders?

This is literally like talking to a flat earther or an anti vaxxer. You genuinely believe this ****

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I have a little anecdote for you “referee deniers” out there... I used to be one of you, I was a ref-denier too over a decade ago. I swore that the refs were out to get us and the video ref went against us in every decision

And one day... I decide to stop it. I realised it’s all swings and roundabouts, and for every decision that goes against us, we get one go our way. I’m much better off enjoying the game and decided what the players do on the field and their overall attitude and commitment impacts the result so much more than one or two referee decisions (which is entirely consistent with what we’ve seen with our results this year compared to the last two seasons).

And you know what? The second I made that choice, well my conceived bias by the referees against the raiders... it just went away. You really should try it

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

*sigh* straw man after straw man

I am saying that in regards to poor refereeing the Raiders are on the wrong side of the decision more often than not. I’m not saying Raiders don’t benefit from poor decisions, nor that it’s impossible for a howler to go our way.

I don’t have time to sift through and collect stats on all the 50/50s. Plus, how will we define the true weightings for each decision? So I choose to focus on the howlers. How many clear cut, 100/0 decisions actually went for and against us instead. Makes sense no?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

And we’re saying you’re wrong... you’re like an insane neighbour trying to tell me someone’s stealing his mail

I know it’s not right, it’s completely irrational and unreasonable, yet there’s no way to prove it’s wrong

I genuinely thought you were smarter than this gangers. Just calling everything a strawman when you’re disputed does your argument no justice either

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:I have a little anecdote for you “referee deniers” out there... I used to be one of you, I was a ref-denier too over a decade ago. I swore that the refs were out to get us and the video ref went against us in every decision

And one day... I decide to stop it. I realised it’s all swings and roundabouts, and for every decision that goes against us, we get one go our way. I’m much better off enjoying the game and decided what the players do on the field and their overall attitude and commitment impacts the result so much more than one or two referee decisions (which is entirely consistent with what we’ve seen with our results this year compared to the last two seasons).

And you know what? The second I made that choice, well my conceived bias by the referees against the raiders... it just went away. You really should try it

But but, and feel free to correct me, by your own admission you rarely watch any NRL games these days outside of Raiders games. So how can you be a decent judge of refereeing standards across the NRL.

I agree with Pat, the standard of refereeing has definitely improved this year and Sutton has been left behind.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You’re not disputing my argument though, you’re telling me:
* Raiders can have howlers too
* Raiders can benefit from bad decisions
* Other teams fans think they’re hard done by too.

None of that disagrees with what I’ve said. I agree it is a very challenging problem to prove for or against. However I’d suggest that while you can’t counter several solid pieces of anecdotal evidence:
- howlers against Raiders
- penalty Broncos
- NRL favouritism which will naturally lead to skewed performance of employees
Nor provide any concrete evidence of your own that it’s NOT happening beyond “it’s the vibe, it’s MABO”. That you refrain from treating others with that opinion like they’re idiots. It’s that **** simple and I’m going to stop cluttering the board and my day.

Happy game day.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

But your evidence is just that! It’s anecdotal, it’s your gut feel, it’s the “vibe of the thing”!

And then you expect us to prove counter-evidence for your feelings? Come on pal, you’re better than that, I think