Roosters 13+
25%

Total votes: 12

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

julian87 wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:20 pm I’d consider dropping Lui if we have the troops honestly.

Also gee Simonsson hasn’t done a thing wrong yet. I’m a bit excited by him tbh because he obviously has the flare when he gets the opportunity
Lui wasn’t great today but he’s been solid this year. Havalii didn’t offer a huge amount. Agree with your comments re: Simmonsen
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

What's everyone doing tomorrow ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Our defence was full of holes, the ref's screwed us hard with some insane calls, and nothing went our way today but still came back strong. If it wasn't for all our injuries this year we would be going even better...

Also I'm waiting for them to blame the field. It is starting to look a bit ****... Also the sun just got to us in the stands, lame...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

julian87 wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:20 pm I’d consider dropping Lui if we have the troops honestly.

Also gee Simonsson hasn’t done a thing wrong yet. I’m a bit excited by him tbh because he obviously has the flare when he gets the opportunity
Bloody shame because i though Lui opened up really strong but after that first error it just snowballed

agree on Simonsson
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

That really hurt.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

raiderskater wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:21 pm I'm glad to know that smashing the ball into Croker's back is played at. I'm sure that will be consistently called all season from here and will never work against us ever again.
I’m glad to know that Rapana is a chance to compete internationally at ice skating in two weeks should he choose so....
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Surely that’s the most inconsistent refereeing this season. I thought we copped the worst of it, but we were also awarded some very soft penalties early in sets that came totally out of the blue.

But they called the Roosters for a 50cm forward pass but let them throw a number of much worse passes without calling them.

Sutton’s continued over rule of his assistants on numerous decisions was baffling all day.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The love of LMitchell has me reaching for a sickness bag..
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Timbo wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:25 pmThat really hurt.
Yeah. I made the stupid mistake of letting myself get excited in the last few minutes...
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

-PJ- wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:26 pm The love of LMitchell has me reaching for a sickness bag..
It’s not quite as bad as the Ponga love affair but it’s not far off.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

BJ wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:26 pm Surely that’s the most inconsistent refereeing this season. I thought we copped the worst of it, but we were also awarded some very soft penalties early in sets that came totally out of the blue.

But they called the Roosters for a 50cm forward pass but let them throw a number of much worse passes without calling them.

Sutton’s continued over rule of his assistants on numerous decisions was baffling all day.
NRL refs are kind of stuffed because they could probably blow 10 penalties a set. What you really see each week is an interpretation of the rules driven by KPIs, some of which we know about.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Jack did some very good things today. Didn’t have a blinder but very happy how he is shaping up. Put one heavy kick in but hasn’t thrown up too many rocks for a couple of weeks now.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Typical performance from Sutton who has a real knack for making sure his decisions have a significant impact on the outcome.

That said, we played really poorly in the first half and in the end it was too much to overcome.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Lui is clearly a reserve grader. Always will be
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

My mate at the ground (Dragons fan) just called me and said even independent fans at the ground were booing the refs performance.

Anyone there at magic round experience something similar?
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

We lost the game in the 1st half when our discipline was poor (and the ref were a little pedantic) plus more importantly when we had chances in the red zone, Sutton threw a blatant forward pass and Harvilli lost the ball. Overall, not a bad result as the Raiders have met top opposition and come close but now know that more effort is required. Hopefully, the lesson will be learned against Souths.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

NRL have scheduled Scumcorp home game for the Broncos next week ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Rick wrote:NRL have scheduled Scumcorp home game for the Broncos next week ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
To be fair, Broncos were the away team this week :lol:
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

BJ wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:31 pm My mate at the ground (Dragons fan) just called me and said even independent fans at the ground were booing the refs performance.

Anyone there at magic round experience something similar?
The booing at that last call was really, really loud and very audible through the TV. I'm pretty sure a lot of neutrals could hardly believe their eyes at the sequence of events starting from the "played at" call...
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Green Taipan wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:32 pm We lost the game in the 1st half when our discipline was poor (and the ref were a little pedantic) plus more importantly when we had chances in the red zone, Sutton threw a blatant forward pass and Harvilli lost the ball. Overall, not a bad result as the Raiders have met top opposition and come close but now know that more effort is required. Hopefully, the lesson will be learned against Souths.
100% agree. Also a few little things falling differently would have made a big difference. If the timing on the chase when we caught Tupou in goal was better we get a repeat. If CKN made the field of play on his early return we avoid giving away a repeat set. If Jacks kick was a meter short they don’t get a foot in goal to claim a 7 tackle set. A few little things would have made a big difference to us!
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

The dynamic of that game changed when they went down to 14 men. We were on track for a bit of a belting I think.

But for the last quarter of the game it was 15 v 16 and we were riding the momentum and storming back.

I think we know deep down we are still a rung under the like likes of the roosters and storm.
I also think our much vaunted defence is actually a little bit vulnerable in the middle third. We may have improved our goal line defence but we will need to tighten up further in order to really be contenders.

Bouncing back next weekend with a gritty win against the bunnies is the first step. I think we can do it.
Up The Milk
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I’m pleased because it’s been a while since the raiders would have challenged a roosters team down 30-6. I’m ok with a loss (albeit disappointing) like that.

I’ll prefix this next statement by saying that we did dig our own hole as well.... BUT Roosters were given penalties that simply weren’t there and the penalties take took them up the field. If one would argue that they were then they weren’t given to the raiders for the same infringements against us.

End state- The roosters walked up the field for weak penalties way too much today and it hurt us.

Stuart didn’t say that too much emphasis was put on the roosters pre match for no reason.. The Roosters simply own the marketing mindshare and the refs simply comply/complement that. I won’t even go into the “salary cap”.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Hands-will-do-it wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:16 pm Piss poor refereeing at the start of the game, no excuse to perform that badly though.

What the **** is our fascination with kicking the ball early in the sets? I don't want to watch that game again, but it must have been near 10 times!?! Drives me crazy. Organise the team and run some shape ****.

Sam Williams marking air and Jarrod Croker also defensively weak today.
I agree, very frustrating!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:37 pm The dynamic of that game changed when they went down to 14 men. We were on track for a bit of a belting I think.

But for the last quarter of the game it was 15 v 16 and we were riding the momentum and storming back.

I think we know deep down we are still a rung under the like likes of the roosters and storm.
I also think our much vaunted defence is actually a little bit vulnerable in the middle third. We may have improved our goal line defence but we will need to tighten up further in order to really be contenders.

Bouncing back next weekend with a gritty win against the bunnies is the first step. I think we can do it.
I agree Micky. I also think the problems your identified are fixable. I wouldn’t be putting my house on them to beat the rabbits next week but we are shaping up okay and if we fix a few things and get Bateman and Raps back and in form we could get a run on into finals
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Billy Walker wrote:Jack did some very good things today. Didn’t have a blinder but very happy how he is shaping up. Put one heavy kick in but hasn’t thrown up too many rocks for a couple of weeks now.
Yeah but when your brother is the boss you can do what you want.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

Green eyed Mick wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:29 pm Typical performance from Sutton who has a real knack for making sure his decisions have a significant impact on the outcome.

That said, we played really poorly in the first half and in the end it was too much to overcome.
Reminds me of Harrigan. Seems to think as many people came to watch him ref as did watch the two teams play.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

thedevilingreen wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:44 pm
Billy Walker wrote:Jack did some very good things today. Didn’t have a blinder but very happy how he is shaping up. Put one heavy kick in but hasn’t thrown up too many rocks for a couple of weeks now.

What ?

Are you serious ?

Are you saying Jack is in the side because his brother is the boss ?
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

Yep get it up ya.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

-PJ- wrote:

What ?

Are you serious ?

Well bollocks that was on the wrong post I was meaning the ref Sutton

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

thedevilingreen wrote: May 12, 2019, 4:49 pm
-PJ- wrote:

What ?

Are you serious ?

Well bollocks that was on the wrong post I was meaning the ref Sutton

Hahaha
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

**** I am upset after that one.

If we hadn’t been so lazy in the first half we could’ve had it. There were some shocking calls to be sure but the reality is we were poorly disciplined.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

My closest friend, who was the best man at my wedding, is also a Roosters fan and is texting me saying he can’t see any forward passes in any of their tries.

Might be time to make a new friend.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Looked like a handful of silly errors and some tough referee decisions in that first half cost us the game. To be 10 points down so early was an indication that the boys were a little off their game today. Good to settle it down and fight back.

Still a bit of improvement to come. I honestly don't think we're that far off. The Bunnies he suddenly becomes super important.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

One thing I've noticed with our 2019 Raiders is the effort after errors.

Firstly the dissapointment of making the error and teammates back slapping each other.

Then the determination to make amends and give a extra effort next set.

It stands out more when an error is made in our own half and we need to defend our line.

The off season focus on defence is great...
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

I was at the game, but they were running towards me, was it a forward pass? They didn’t replay it at the ground