2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Who will win?

Raiders 13+
2
13%
Raiders 1-12
6
40%
Draw
1
7%
Roosters 1-12
2
13%
Roosters 13+
4
27%
 
Total votes: 15

User avatar
Raiders_Pat
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 538
Joined: July 24, 2016, 8:11 am
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Raiders_Pat » May 9, 2019, 7:49 am

Mr. Snrub wrote:
May 8, 2019, 4:06 pm
I wouldn't say I'm confident about this game. But surely there's more Raiders supporters in Brisbane/Queensland compared to the Roosters. We could have some pretty good support from the crowd at Suncorp, even from the neutral supporters, which could assist with us bringing home the win.
My experience in QLD when I lived on the Gold Coast going to the pub to catch Raiders games was that there were generally more Raiders fans there watching the game if we were playing a Sydney team. There might be more younger kids in to the Roosters up in QLD due to their recent premierships but I'd think we still have more fans in the area.

User avatar
LimeGreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 381
Joined: January 5, 2019, 10:09 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by LimeGreenMachine » May 9, 2019, 8:26 am

Raiders_Pat wrote:
May 9, 2019, 7:49 am
Mr. Snrub wrote:
May 8, 2019, 4:06 pm
I wouldn't say I'm confident about this game. But surely there's more Raiders supporters in Brisbane/Queensland compared to the Roosters. We could have some pretty good support from the crowd at Suncorp, even from the neutral supporters, which could assist with us bringing home the win.
My experience in QLD when I lived on the Gold Coast going to the pub to catch Raiders games was that there were generally more Raiders fans there watching the game if we were playing a Sydney team. There might be more younger kids in to the Roosters up in QLD due to their recent premierships but I'd think we still have more fans in the area.
Living up here I see plenty of guys wearing Raiders gear. I have 4 supporters in my place of work.

When we play at Robina or Suncorp there is always good support for the Raiders

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 41826
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Rickman » May 9, 2019, 8:51 am

Yeah, there's plenty of Raiders fans up here in Queensland. Don't forget before the Cowboys came about the Raiders were the best option for Queensland fans who didn't like the Broncos.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Mr. Snrub
David Shillington
Posts: 36
Joined: February 13, 2017, 10:13 am
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Mr. Snrub » May 9, 2019, 12:15 pm

It's arguably game of the round as well, so I think we'll see a pretty massive crowd for it. I'm just really bummed we'll be without Bateman and BJ.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 9, 2019, 1:01 pm

VIDEO: Roosters v Raiders - Round 9: It's a top-four Magic Round matchup on Sunday afternoon when the Sydney Roosters meet the Canberra Raiders at Suncorp Stadium. Sam Squiers and Jamie Soward take an in-depth look at how the two teams line up: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/09/roo ... --round-9/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Roosters: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33366

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... -roosters/
Image

luke
John Ferguson
Posts: 2273
Joined: February 7, 2010, 5:32 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by luke » May 9, 2019, 3:33 pm

greeneyed wrote:
May 9, 2019, 1:01 pm
VIDEO: Roosters v Raiders - Round 9: It's a top-four Magic Round matchup on Sunday afternoon when the Sydney Roosters meet the Canberra Raiders at Suncorp Stadium. Sam Squiers and Jamie Soward take an in-depth look at how the two teams line up: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/09/roo ... --round-9/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Roosters: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33366

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... -roosters/
Video preview shows highlights of Roosters smashing Tigers, followed by Storm thumping us. Outstanding.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 9, 2019, 4:34 pm

Leilua may be out three months with neck injury

Canberra centre Joey Leilua will meet specialists on Thursday evening to ascertain the extent of damage to his neck which has put a cloud over his immediate playing future.

"We've got another appointment today with Joey to get another opinion on where he's at and I'm hoping he'll have some news tomorrow with where he's at with his short-term future of footy," Ricky Stuart said. "There's talk it could be three months, it could be longer or good news could be around the corner and it could be less.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/09/lei ... ck-injury/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart: "We're no surprise package"

Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart spoke to the media at length this afternoon at Raiders HQ. The Head Coach provided an update on the injuries to Joey Leilua, Jordan Rapana, and John Bateman as well as discussing the threat his side face against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday afternoon.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... e-package/

Joey Leilua to see specialist on neck injury: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/05 ... e-round-9/

NRL.com power rankings: Canberra Raiders in third: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/06/sow ... tatements/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 9, 2019, 4:46 pm

Canberra Raiders star Joey Leilua's NRL season could be over

Canberra Raiders star Joey Leilua's State of Origin hopes are in tatters with the centre facing at least three months on the sidelines due to a neck injury. Leilua went to see a specialist in Sydney on Thursday, with the Raiders expecting to know whether he needs surgery on a bulging disk.

"It will give Michael Oldfield a chance to cement a spot," Ricky Stuart said. "It comes back down to individual's contributions now and that determines whether you get picked again in NRL or not."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Raiders NRL star Leilua out for 12 weeks: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/raiders-nr ... 60a5bd823f
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 9, 2019, 4:49 pm

Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker makes kids' dreams come true

Two headgears are better than one. Especially when they're delivered by Jarrod Croker.

"It's been a crazy week since the weekend," Luca and Archie's father David said. "Being a lifelong Raiders fan myself I was probably more nervous than the kids. The boys were super stoked with it. Archie took it to school yesterday and had the best show and tell. They got up this morning and they've still got the headgear on.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 9, 2019, 7:31 pm

Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric's Origin hopes Turbo charged

The unfortunate neck injury for Joey Leilua looks to have cruelled his hopes of slotting in at right centre for the Blues. But Laurie Daley likes a couple of others. Nick Cotric. Jack Wighton.

"Jack possibly, given he can play a number of positions," Daley said. "Keary and Cody Walker would be in front of Jack as a five-eighth. As a utility, Jack would certainly be in the discussion."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Image

Timbo
David Furner
Posts: 3044
Joined: January 6, 2005, 9:42 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Here

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Timbo » May 9, 2019, 8:25 pm

Watching game 1 of the Magical Round, and there are already chunks of turf coming loose at Suncorp.

Just really thrilled to be part of the seventh game.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 9, 2019, 8:32 pm

The Greenhouse Forum on Facebook

Hi all... The Canberra Raiders have asked us to let you all know that the captains' run on Saturday is a closed session. Members of the public will not be admitted. There is a members event on Friday afternoon... but that is now fully subscribed. This is the only event the Raiders will be hosting in Brisbane for fans.
Image

kona_dream
Peter Jackson
Posts: 205
Joined: May 13, 2010, 2:31 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by kona_dream » May 10, 2019, 7:40 am

Given the closed session must be a smokescreen coming.

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6427
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gergreg » May 10, 2019, 8:36 am

Mr. Snrub wrote:It's arguably game of the round as well, so I think we'll see a pretty massive crowd for it. I'm just really bummed we'll be without Bateman and BJ.
Who knows what the crowd will be like. The reason Broncos are on FTA every other week is because QLDers (Brisbane especially) refuse to watch any other team, in great numbers.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3433
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by BJ » May 10, 2019, 12:43 pm

I like the idea of a Magic Round in Canberra.

I’ll nominate a mid season Rep round with the Bye’s featuring 3 games for the entire round with matches between second string players.

Knowing the NRL’s organising abilities, they will realise too late that the Raiders have a bye that weekend.

User avatar
Makaveli
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5005
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Makaveli » May 10, 2019, 5:29 pm

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric's Origin hopes Turbo charged

The unfortunate neck injury for Joey Leilua looks to have cruelled his hopes of slotting in at right centre for the Blues. But Laurie Daley likes a couple of others. Nick Cotric. Jack Wighton.

"Jack possibly, given he can play a number of positions," Daley said. "Keary and Cody Walker would be in front of Jack as a five-eighth. As a utility, Jack would certainly be in the discussion."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
**** off Daley you refused to pick any of our players when you were coach

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Sid
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6505
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Sid » May 10, 2019, 5:31 pm

Makaveli warming up before Makaveli's Gameday Musing's begins :woot:
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 10, 2019, 5:38 pm

New Civic Stadium would enhance Canberra's Magic Round chances

ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr says he’s open to the idea of hosting a Magic Round, but the main focus is on supporting the Green Machine.

"While the magic round is an interesting idea, let's see how it goes," Barr said. "Our preference is to direct the bulk of government funding for rugby league to the Canberra Raiders, rather than other teams. It might be a future option to celebrate a new stadium in Canberra."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Image

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 41826
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Rickman » May 10, 2019, 5:54 pm

Makaveli wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric's Origin hopes Turbo charged

The unfortunate neck injury for Joey Leilua looks to have cruelled his hopes of slotting in at right centre for the Blues. But Laurie Daley likes a couple of others. Nick Cotric. Jack Wighton.

"Jack possibly, given he can play a number of positions," Daley said. "Keary and Cody Walker would be in front of Jack as a five-eighth. As a utility, Jack would certainly be in the discussion."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
**** off Daley you refused to pick any of our players when you were coach

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Just curious as to who he should have picked?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Makaveli
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5005
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Makaveli » May 10, 2019, 5:58 pm

The Rickman wrote:
Makaveli wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric's Origin hopes Turbo charged

The unfortunate neck injury for Joey Leilua looks to have cruelled his hopes of slotting in at right centre for the Blues. But Laurie Daley likes a couple of others. Nick Cotric. Jack Wighton.

"Jack possibly, given he can play a number of positions," Daley said. "Keary and Cody Walker would be in front of Jack as a five-eighth. As a utility, Jack would certainly be in the discussion."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
**** off Daley you refused to pick any of our players when you were coach

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Just curious as to who he should have picked?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can't remember, wasn't he coach for 5 years, I'm sure we had someone decent in that time

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
I'm Bate Man
David Furner
Posts: 3944
Joined: March 9, 2008, 8:22 pm
Favourite Player: Hodgson
Location: Sylvania

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by I'm Bate Man » May 10, 2019, 6:05 pm

Makaveli wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
Makaveli wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric's Origin hopes Turbo charged

The unfortunate neck injury for Joey Leilua looks to have cruelled his hopes of slotting in at right centre for the Blues. But Laurie Daley likes a couple of others. Nick Cotric. Jack Wighton.

"Jack possibly, given he can play a number of positions," Daley said. "Keary and Cody Walker would be in front of Jack as a five-eighth. As a utility, Jack would certainly be in the discussion."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
**** off Daley you refused to pick any of our players when you were coach

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Just curious as to who he should have picked?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can't remember, wasn't he coach for 5 years, I'm sure we had someone decent in that time

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Are you really sure???
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 10, 2019, 6:07 pm

greeneyed wrote:New Civic Stadium would enhance Canberra's Magic Round chances

ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr says he’s open to the idea of hosting a Magic Round, but the main focus is on supporting the Green Machine.

"While the magic round is an interesting idea, let's see how it goes," Barr said. "Our preference is to direct the bulk of government funding for rugby league to the Canberra Raiders, rather than other teams. It might be a future option to celebrate a new stadium in Canberra."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
The NRL are never playing a Magic Round in Canberra. Not with a new stadium, not ever. The NRL wants to go to Las Vegas!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 124248
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed » May 10, 2019, 6:21 pm

The Raiders look like they’ve had a hell of a day with planes. Seven hours travelling as of an hour ago and still not in Brisbane. Looks like they’ve had to go via Melbourne. According to Instagram Stories.
Image

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 29979
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by dubby » May 10, 2019, 6:22 pm

greeneyed wrote:The Raiders look like they’ve had a hell of a day with planes. Seven hours travelling as of an hour ago and still not in Brisbane. Looks like they’ve had to go via Melbourne. According to Instagram Stories.
Oh great

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16924
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -PJ- » May 10, 2019, 6:27 pm

dubby wrote:
May 10, 2019, 6:22 pm
greeneyed wrote:The Raiders look like they’ve had a hell of a day with planes. Seven hours travelling as of an hour ago and still not in Brisbane. Looks like they’ve had to go via Melbourne. According to Instagram Stories.
Oh great

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Doesn't matter.

The boys will be ready to give it a red hot shake...

How's Fergus and dub today ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 41826
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Rickman » May 10, 2019, 6:29 pm

greeneyed wrote:
greeneyed wrote:New Civic Stadium would enhance Canberra's Magic Round chances

ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr says he’s open to the idea of hosting a Magic Round, but the main focus is on supporting the Green Machine.

"While the magic round is an interesting idea, let's see how it goes," Barr said. "Our preference is to direct the bulk of government funding for rugby league to the Canberra Raiders, rather than other teams. It might be a future option to celebrate a new stadium in Canberra."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
The NRL are never playing a Magic Round in Canberra. Not with a new stadium, not ever. The NRL wants to go to Las Vegas!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nor should they ever have it in Canberra! What’s the point of getting less than 20k to every game?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 29979
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by dubby » May 10, 2019, 6:31 pm

-PJ- wrote:
dubby wrote:
May 10, 2019, 6:22 pm
greeneyed wrote:The Raiders look like they’ve had a hell of a day with planes. Seven hours travelling as of an hour ago and still not in Brisbane. Looks like they’ve had to go via Melbourne. According to Instagram Stories.
Oh great

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Doesn't matter.

The boys will be ready to give it a red hot shake...

How's Fergus and dub today ?
Hey peej. Day off. Feeling good. Enjoying the footy
Hows Peej and the family? How's the haircut?

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

cat
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10833
Joined: April 1, 2008, 5:19 pm
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by cat » May 10, 2019, 6:43 pm

We had shocking travel for the Gold Coast game and won, problems with delays for the cowboys game and won

This is a great omen!!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk


User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16924
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -PJ- » May 10, 2019, 7:08 pm

dubby wrote:
May 10, 2019, 6:31 pm
-PJ- wrote:
dubby wrote:
May 10, 2019, 6:22 pm
greeneyed wrote:The Raiders look like they’ve had a hell of a day with planes. Seven hours travelling as of an hour ago and still not in Brisbane. Looks like they’ve had to go via Melbourne. According to Instagram Stories.
Oh great

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Doesn't matter.

The boys will be ready to give it a red hot shake...

How's Fergus and dub today ?
Hey peej. Day off. Feeling good. Enjoying the footy
Hows Peej and the family? How's the haircut?

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I'm good, family good.
Keep the flava sava..tickler..you know it.

Don't think Mrs PJ is a fan..

Off to work tonight..o/t. Don't usually bother with it but need some extra $$$ for a few things coming up.

I'm not watching the footy. Little interest til Sunday...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

woppadingo
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1386
Joined: July 28, 2008, 10:11 am

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by woppadingo » May 10, 2019, 9:13 pm

greeneyed wrote:
May 10, 2019, 6:07 pm
greeneyed wrote:New Civic Stadium would enhance Canberra's Magic Round chances

ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr says he’s open to the idea of hosting a Magic Round, but the main focus is on supporting the Green Machine.

"While the magic round is an interesting idea, let's see how it goes," Barr said. "Our preference is to direct the bulk of government funding for rugby league to the Canberra Raiders, rather than other teams. It might be a future option to celebrate a new stadium in Canberra."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
The NRL are never playing a Magic Round in Canberra. Not with a new stadium, not ever. The NRL wants to go to Las Vegas!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What Barr is saying is that when Canberra gets to host a magic round, he'll consider a new stadium.
So that sums up the chances of a new stadium being built.

User avatar
1992
John Ferguson
Posts: 2611
Joined: April 24, 2011, 4:08 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by 1992 » May 10, 2019, 9:21 pm

www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/forum/the-ch ... agic-round

As if you needed another reason to hate them.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29608
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -TW- » May 10, 2019, 9:23 pm

1992 wrote:www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/forum/the-ch ... agic-round

As if you needed another reason to hate them.
Not sure what the problem is?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


User avatar
1992
John Ferguson
Posts: 2611
Joined: April 24, 2011, 4:08 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by 1992 » May 10, 2019, 9:37 pm

-TW- wrote:
May 10, 2019, 9:23 pm
1992 wrote:www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/forum/the-ch ... agic-round

As if you needed another reason to hate them.
Not sure what the problem is?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
You gotta learn how to read, brah.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29608
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -TW- » May 10, 2019, 9:44 pm

They think they're going to pump us

K, fair enough..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


User avatar
1992
John Ferguson
Posts: 2611
Joined: April 24, 2011, 4:08 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Re: 2019 Rd 9 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by 1992 » May 10, 2019, 10:12 pm

-TW- wrote:
May 10, 2019, 9:44 pm
They think they're going to pump us

K, fair enough..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
No one likes you, brah.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN

Post Reply