Panthers 13+
21%

Total votes: 14

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 8 V Panthers: Teams and Previews

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 2:03 pm Anyone know how Sezer went in Mounties??
No.
Hope this helps.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Rickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 2:29 pm
simo wrote: April 29, 2019, 2:13 pm
The Rickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 2:03 pm Anyone know how Sezer went in Mounties??
That sounds like a question for the mounties thread located completely within the raiders pathway thread as a sub thread of the greenhouse
Back on topic thanks. No forum cops.
No link, no play
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

John Bateman says the Canberra Raiders must bounce back

If the Canberra Raiders want to prove they belong in the NRL's top four, star forward John Bateman says the time for a reaction is now.

"We need to get a win and we need to bounce back from this one, and that's what it's all about. The better teams do that, the better teams dig themselves out of a loss and have a reaction. That's what we need to do. We've had two losses now but don't say we're going to start falling off now. There'll be quite a few people saying we've lost now but we know what we're about."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

John Bateman has a winning attitude.

Sure we had a loss, but it's how bounce back which is important.

Prepare well and get out there on Satd.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It'd be great to have a fit Tapine right about now.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Joey
5. Rapa/Simmonsson/Oldfield
6. Jack
7. Sammy
8. Papa
9. Hodgo
10. Lui
11. Whitehead
12. Bateman
13. Sutton

14. Havili
15. Soliola
16. Horsburg
17. Hudson-Young
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

That sounds like a question for the mounties thread located completely within the raiders pathway thread as a sub thread of the greenhouse
how is it not a question for here when he is a FG player and it's a teams and previews post?? you sound like you just don't like sezer.

from the highlights he had his hands in a few tries, looked good, can't give you anymore than that
raider 4 life
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

nemesis wrote:
how is it not a question for here when he is a FG player and it's a teams and previews post?? you sound like you just don't like sezer.

from the highlights he had his hands in a few tries, looked good, can't give you anymore than that
Simo was trying to be funny, Nemesis....nothing to read into it in regards Sezer's form.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Any of the cool forum users coming to Wagga for this game?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Question marks hover over Canberra Raiders star Jordan Rapana

The Canberra Raiders are sweating on the fitness of off-contract winger Jordan Rapana as the club awaits scan results on his injured ribs. The star flyer went for scans on Monday afternoon after coming from the field with a rib issue during Canberra's clash with Manly Warringah over the weekend.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Raiders junior Lachlan Croker reflects on tough journey after derailing Canberra: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I was more worried about this game than I was Brisbane or Manly. Our streak would end here with playing them back into form.
Some things to like about this match-up are the Panthers low offloads and bad completion rate. They were much improved last week but consistency has not been their forte this year and they might be down a bit after such a tough loss. They've lost to some bad sides.

The biggest worries for us are Kikau vs Williams and the ease with which they force drop outs. If we give away more cheap penalties we are going to go for long periods without the ball.
Bateman needs to be plonked next to Williams and never moved. Not just because he protects him but he also provides more for the middle defenders too. Ironically Whitehead is a better defensive centre.
Kikau should be targeted in defense. As big an asset as he is in attack Cody Walker made him look silly a few times. Bateman's awkward running style should cause him problems.

In the original game plan I don't think Murchie was meant to be used on the edge and certainly not for 61mins. He seems to have lost a little bit of lateral movement this year and put on some size. I think in this game he'll spend some time at lock.
I expected better from Guler in defense. He's capable of more than that. Needs to get a bit of that Horsburgh mongrel in him.

I don't think we'll see any changes that aren't injury related. I think we'll see Horsburgh and Young come back into the side next week win or lose. Depending on if/how we lose Sezer will be back in too.

Simonsson gets the nod over Oldfield as he's been killing it at Mounties and Oldfield is barely back from a long injury.

1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Simonsson
6. Wighton
7. Williams
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Whitehead
12. Bateman
13. Sutton

14. Havili
15. Murchie
16. Guler
17. Soliola
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

T_R wrote: April 29, 2019, 5:20 pm
nemesis wrote:

Simo was trying to be funny, Nemesis....nothing to read into it in regards Sezer's form.
No need for the hurtful use of the word trying 😢
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

simo wrote:
T_R wrote: April 29, 2019, 5:20 pm
nemesis wrote:

No need for the hurtful use of the word trying Image
Sorry. I'll try again.

Simo is a little funny. Nothing to read into it in regards Sezer's form.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Interesting comment from Kent on NRL360 regarding the Raiders having really on been beating teams outside the 8 and therefore haven’t been performing like the Storm and other top teams. Quick look at the Ladder the only top 8 team the Storm has beaten is us and Bunnies have only won 2. The Roosters have been the impressive ones.
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Big test, from sydney to canberra to wagga back to canberra to brisbane back to canberra is gonna be draining for the boys.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Thomas Raider wrote: April 28, 2019, 4:25 pm Same team as beat...hmmm lost to Manly,except Murchie,Hudson Young or the horse
Time for Cotric to have a stint in Mounties, he seems distracted to me
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Crusader wrote: April 29, 2019, 8:44 pm Big test, from sydney to canberra to wagga back to canberra to brisbane back to canberra is gonna be draining for the boys.
We've partly brought that on ourselves and given our home ground advantage away in a crucial contest.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Kryptonite wrote:
Thomas Raider wrote: April 28, 2019, 4:25 pm Same team as beat...hmmm lost to Manly,except Murchie,Hudson Young or the horse
Time for Cotric to have a stint in Mounties, he seems distracted to me
Even if Raps is out? Who comes in? Cotric hasn't been brilliant this year but is still a quality winger. He made an error on the w/e when going for a big play (that we really needed) but overall had a good game I thought.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Is it still a mandatory week on the sidelines for any shoulder charges or is that fad over?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sid wrote:Is it still a mandatory week on the sidelines for any shoulder charges or is that fad over?
I thought it had always been a lottery. Arrow got 2 weeks.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Panthers are due... Danger game.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

gergreg wrote: April 30, 2019, 6:38 am
Sid wrote:Is it still a mandatory week on the sidelines for any shoulder charges or is that fad over?

Wallace*
Dont delete this GE
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

So far on here ive seen
Tom starling in for hodgson
Oldfileld in for cotric (probably simonson too if raps out)
Williams out for... sezer then hingano instead
Soliola dropped
Murchie dropped
Havili dropped
Williams rated a 6 from the weekend
Crokers kicking now not an issue because kicking goals has never statistically been an issue for him (kickers miss from out wide)
This is bronco fan level stupid guys. Sort yourselves out. Cowards
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote:So far on here ive seen
Soliola dropped
Murchie dropped
Havili dropped
Crokers kicking now not an issue because kicking goals has never statistically been an issue for him (kickers miss from out wide)
Well we have lost a game by 4 points on one of the tougher road trips. That’s enough to burn the whole thing down, Scoop out each other’s brains and start again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

simo wrote: April 30, 2019, 8:17 am So far on here ive seen
Soliola dropped
Murchie dropped
Havili dropped
Is that all....quite week then. :lol:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

gergreg wrote: April 30, 2019, 6:38 am

BJ wasn't charged for his shoulder charge, so the compulsory 1 week thing must be over otherwise he would've had to take a week off for that.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Green eyed Mick wrote:1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Joey
5. Rapa/Simmonsson/Oldfield
6. Jack
7. Sammy
8. Papa
9. Hodgo
10. Lui
11. Whitehead
12. Bateman
13. Sutton

14. Havili
15. Soliola
16. Horsburg
17. Hudson-Young
I’ll have one of these also.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL Regional Road Trip 2019: Jarrod Croker in Wagga Wagga: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... gga-wagga/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... -panthers/

Five Things: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... -panthers/
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I'd like Hors back in. When he tackles people, they end up flat on their ass, not waltzing around throwing offloads.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL Team: Raiders V Panthers

Canberra Raiders V Penrith Panthers
Saturday 4 May 3:00pm
McDonalds Park, Wagga Wagga
Gates open: 12:30pm
Jersey Flegg: 12:45pm
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3

The Canberra Raiders have named their side for Saturday’s match against the Penrith Panthers at McDonald’s Park in Wagga Wagga.

Jordan Rapana has been ruled out with a rib cartilage injury and will miss 2-3 weeks. He’s been replaced on the wing by Bailey Simonsson, who made his NRL debut in the Raiders round one win over the Titans.

The Raiders have also made changes to their bench, with Hudson Young and Corey Horsburgh both returning to the 17 after strong performances for Mounties in the Canterbury Cup NSW.

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Nick Cotric
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Joey Leilua
5. Bailey Simonsson
6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (C)
10. Dunamis Lui
11. John Bateman
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Siliva Havili
15. Hudson Young
16. Sia Soliola
17. Corey Horsburgh

18. Aidan Sezer
19. Michael Oldfield
20. Emre Guler
21. Jack Murchie

Injury/Suspension

Jordan Rapana (Ribs) Round 9-10
Joe Tapine (Ankle) Round 15-17
Brad Abbey (Knee) Round 8-10
Luke Bateman (Knee) Round 10-12

Penrith Panthers

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Josh Mansour
3. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
4. Waqa Blake
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. James Tamou (C)
9. Wayde Egan
10. Tim Grant
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Isaah Yeo
13. James Fisher-Harris

14. Sione Katoa
15. Liam Martin
16. Moses Leota
17. Reagan Campbell-Gillard

18. Jarome Luai
19. Kaide Ellis
20. Dylan Edwards
21. Tyrell Fuimaono

Officials:

Referees: Grant Atkins, David Munro
Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Mounties NSW Cup team: Click here

Jersey Flegg team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

BadnMean wrote: April 30, 2019, 3:17 pm I'd like Hors back in. When he tackles people, they end up flat on their ass, not waltzing around throwing offloads.
Agree. I would like to see Hudson-Young back in the side as well.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

RedRaider wrote:Other than for injury or the bench I'm not expecting much change in the line up.
I want to wish Ricky and the boys all the best this Saturday in Wagga Wagga which is International Star Wars Day.
May the fourth be with us.
Any my son's birthday. Lucky kid

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

No Rapa :(
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: April 30, 2019, 3:47 pm NRL Team: Raiders V Panthers

Canberra Raiders V Penrith Panthers
Saturday 4 May 3:00pm
McDonalds Park, Wagga Wagga
Gates open: 12:30pm
Jersey Flegg: 12:45pm
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3

The Canberra Raiders have named their side for Saturday’s match against the Penrith Panthers at McDonald’s Park in Wagga Wagga.

Jordan Rapana has been ruled out with a rib cartilage injury and will miss 2-3 weeks. He’s been replaced on the wing by Bailey Simonsson, who made his NRL debut in the Raiders round one win over the Titans.

The Raiders have also made change stop their bench, with Hudson Young and Corey Horsburgh both returning to the 17 after strong performances for Mounties in the Canterbury Cup NSW.

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Nick Cotric
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Joey Leilua
5. Bailey Simonsson
6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson (C)
10. Dunamis Lui
11. John Bateman
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Siliva Havili
15. Hudson Young
16. Sia Soliola
17. Corey Horsburgh

18. Aidan Sezer
19. Michael Oldfield
20. Emre Guler
21. Jack Murchie

Injury/Suspension

Jordan Rapana (Ribs) Round 9-10
Joe Tapine (Ankle) Round 15-17
Brad Abbey (Knee) Round 8-10
Luke Bateman (Knee) Round 10-12

Penrith Panthers

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Waqa BLAKE - sponsored by OAK Plus
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Signace
9. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Hertz
10. Tim GRANT - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Chemtools
13. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Chardon and Abbott Home Loans
15. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Bidfood
18. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by CETNAJ Wetherill Park/Rouse Hill
19. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by Worldwide Parramatta
20. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Fantastic Framing
21. Tyrell FUIMAONO - sponsored by OAK Plus

Officials:

TBA

Mounties NSW Cup team: Click here

Jersey Flegg team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
Looks like Sticks seen enough of Murchie..
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Hudson Young and Horsburgh included in the 17, Rapana out for 2-3 weeks.
I like the changes to the bench though Guler is possibly a little unlucky but i like having a real edge option on the bench, Simmonson ahead of Oldfield a bit of a surprise but he seems to be playing very well in reserve grade so keen to see him get another crack