100%

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Croker's kicking

Post by Northern Raider »

Close it
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Sid wrote: May 4, 2019, 5:57 pm 7/7 I’d like to see that first goal with the big bend again
That first goal was absolutely insane.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Just our of interest, what's cowardly about discussing croker's kicking?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

raidersmalt wrote: May 4, 2019, 10:27 pm Just our of interest, what's cowardly about discussing croker's kicking?

Exactly what a coward would say.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

PigRickman wrote: May 4, 2019, 10:32 pm
raidersmalt wrote: May 4, 2019, 10:27 pm Just our of interest, what's cowardly about discussing croker's kicking?

You sound afraid to discuss it.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

BadnMean wrote: May 4, 2019, 11:31 pm
PigRickman wrote: May 4, 2019, 10:32 pm

You sound afraid to discuss it.
Haha, classic coward behaviour.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Croker's kicking

Post by The Nickman »

Croker was very lucky to kick any goals yesterday

We really need a new kicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The word was mostly chosen in heat of the moment frustration, but you know what, I'll go with it.

I think it's cowardly not to back the kicker who has never, ever let us down. I think it's cowardly that when he had a little tiny dip in form - and it's not like his percentage crashed to 50 or whatever - people were running for the hills talking about how he should hand over the duties. I think it's cowardly that some people will only back him when he's on and then talk about replacing him the second he's a tiny bit "off".

It was a stupid, stupid thread. It was made six rounds in. His kicking had not cost us anything, it was hardly disastrous, and it was only a matter of time before he came good again. Sure enough, two rounds later and he's kicked both games at 100%, the second including some kicks that were straight into a stiff wind. Yet if some people in this thread had had their way, Williams would have been kicking and Croker wouldn't have got the chance to do that.

He's our captain and our kicker and will be both for as long as he wants them - and he's always worked his tail off to make sure he's the best he can be at both roles for the club. I don't think it's too much to ask that the club supporters stay with him through a little form blip? It's not like I'm asking you to back Darius Boyd here.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Coward:

noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.
adjective
lacking courage; very fearful or timid.
proceeding from or expressive of fear or timidity

If anything, I'd say this thread was the opposite of cowardly. It was courageous to raise the topic despite facing such opposition and ridicule.

FTR, I was also concerned about his kicking percentage being in the mid 60% range, but the last two weeks have shown he's back to his best.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Croker's kicking

Post by The Nickman »

I still hold true to my point that his kicking form was down was an absolute myth, and the only reason his numbers were suffering was from an above average (25%) amount of shots from on the touchline.

Most kickers’ numbers would also be down given those odds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sure he kicked 7/7 yesterday but not many of them went over the black dot..

Ditch this bum..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

There was a strong breeze blowing at the ground in Wagga too, so his accuracy took on an even higher level of skill, to produce the 7/7 outcome.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Finchy wrote:Coward:

noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.
adjective

If anything, I'd say this thread was the opposite of cowardly. It was courageous to raise the topic despite facing such opposition and ridicule.

FTR, I was also concerned about his kicking percentage being in the mid 60% range, but the last two weeks have shown he's back to his best.
Coward.

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

raiderskater wrote: May 5, 2019, 8:34 am

The word was mostly chosen in heat of the moment frustration, but you know what, I'll go with it.

I think it's cowardly not to back the kicker who has never, ever let us down. I think it's cowardly that when he had a little tiny dip in form - and it's not like his percentage crashed to 50 or whatever - people were running for the hills talking about how he should hand over the duties. I think it's cowardly that some people will only back him when he's on and then talk about replacing him the second he's a tiny bit "off".

It was a stupid, stupid thread. It was made six rounds in. His kicking had not cost us anything, it was hardly disastrous, and it was only a matter of time before he came good again. Sure enough, two rounds later and he's kicked both games at 100%, the second including some kicks that were straight into a stiff wind. Yet if some people in this thread had had their way, Williams would have been kicking and Croker wouldn't have got the chance to do that.

He's our captain and our kicker and will be both for as long as he wants them - and he's always worked his tail off to make sure he's the best he can be at both roles for the club. I don't think it's too much to ask that the club supporters stay with him through a little form blip? It's not like I'm asking you to back Darius Boyd here.
I would say it’s more cowardly to reaffirm your own biases and blindly dismiss any alternative thought without any consideration whatsoever
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Finchy wrote: May 5, 2019, 10:36 am Coward:

noun
adjective
getting on J.Croker's case for kicking on the GH

I've fixed your definition and it now it accurately reflects the true definition, and makes the rest of your post cowardly
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

PigRickman wrote: May 5, 2019, 8:04 pm
Finchy wrote: May 5, 2019, 10:36 am Coward:

noun
adjective
getting on J.Croker's case for kicking on the GH

I've fixed your definition and it now it accurately reflects the true definition, and makes the rest of your post cowardly
:lol: well played...
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Geez, it's hard having a decent discussing here.

Did anyone actually read my post??

I never called for him to be replaced, I basically said this "croker's not kicking great, if this continues we may have to look at other options".

That's it.

Some people in this thread are overly dramatic.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

I don't think one person had a dig at Croker, they just offered concerns and suggested alternatives if he didn't improve. We were all glad he did. Despite people resorting to name calling, this is a perfect example of how an online discussion should operate.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Begbie wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:06 pm I don't think one person had a dig at Croker, they just offered concerns and suggested alternatives if he didn't improve. We were all glad he did. Despite people resorting to name calling, this is a perfect example of how an online discussion should operate.
Hmm, apart from OP and whoever else being labelled a coward for raising a point of discussion on a team discussion board.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

BadnMean wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:13 pm
Begbie wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:06 pm I don't think one person had a dig at Croker, they just offered concerns and suggested alternatives if he didn't improve. We were all glad he did. Despite people resorting to name calling, this is a perfect example of how an online discussion should operate.
Hmm, apart from OP and whoever else being labelled a coward for raising a point of discussion on a team discussion board.
Sorry for the confusion, I am actually backing Malt with my comments.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

And whoever it was that threw up coward needs to invest in a dictionary, or if truly believes, is living in cloud cuckoo land.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Begbie wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:15 pm
BadnMean wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:13 pm
Sorry for the confusion, I am actually backing Malt with my comments.
I was posting after a cheeky after work visit to the new microbrewery in town over here so the finer points of your posting would certainly have been lost on me.
-Heart of Darkness by the way is the tastiest microbrewery in Asia, now in Singapore too!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Begbie wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:29 pm And whoever it was that threw up coward needs to invest in a dictionary, or if truly believes, is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Nah. Coward is the new buzzword on the GH. We've been lacking one for a while so I'm good with it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 8, 2019, 3:16 pm
Begbie wrote: May 7, 2019, 11:29 pm And whoever it was that threw up coward needs to invest in a dictionary, or if truly believes, is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Nah. Coward is the new buzzword on the GH. We've been lacking one for a while so I'm good with it.
You would say that. Coward
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: May 8, 2019, 3:20 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 8, 2019, 3:16 pm
You would say that. Coward
Don't make me coward slap you
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

3 tries each today.

The difference ?

Crokers kicking..
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

bring sezer back just to kick the goals
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

-PJ- wrote:3 tries each today.

The difference ?

Crokers kicking..
While I agree Crokers kicking confidence is shot we lost because of the lack of field possession and therefore penalty goals. He only missed 1 goal and we lost by 6.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The difference ?

Crokers kicking..
Or the 14600 penalties we gave away

But yeah, **** Croker

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The difference ?

Crokers kicking..
This is the absolute worst take of worst takes.
Coward post.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:11 pm

The difference ?

Crokers kicking..
Or the 14600 penalties we gave away

But yeah, **** Croker

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I was joking Tim.

I get the feeling you don't like me..

That's ok !!
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

His confidence and form in kicking from the left side of the uprights is shot to bits. Striking them well off.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Crokers boots not the reason we are losing, but his kicking is terrible, just terrible especially at home where he practices every week.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of his kicking over the years. On the eye test I would be surprised if it was anything other than a year-on-year decline in his goals made percentage.

I have zero confidence in him slotting them from anywhere out wide; particularly kicking left to right.
Up The Milk