Croker's kicking

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: Croker's kicking

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Not worried about his kicking, but his general play has been poor the past few weeks. If he wasn't co-captain he'd be under real pressure.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:43 pm It would be interesting to see a breakdown of his kicking over the years. On the eye test I would be surprised if it was anything other than a year-on-year decline in his goals made percentage.

I have zero confidence in him slotting them from anywhere out wide; particularly kicking left to right.
No I'm pretty sure he's shot the lights out (80%, within a 2% either way I'd say) pretty consistently every year he's played. This year is a bit of a yip.

-based off no research whatsoever-
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He kicked 2/3. Why did this thread get a bump?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:52 pm Not worried about his kicking, but his general play has been poor the past few weeks. If he wasn't co-captain he'd be under real pressure.
Dropping the ball for match-winning tries two weeks in a row coming into this week would see some blokes crucified. Croker rightly has a million credits in the bank but if we are being clinical he hasn't taken the chances -as captain and leader- which have presented themselves and could have turned 1 or 2 of these losses into wins which would have us a contender, not a making up the numbers disappointment again. He's not alone there.

I expect to be called a coward. But every player should be under a bit of a look. Toots has missed some crucial plays. Haven't watched a replay to comment but that Klokstead pass he dropped might have hit him in the chest. He's getting very close but like the team- not getting it done.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

edwahu wrote: May 25, 2019, 6:07 pm He kicked 2/3. Why did this thread get a bump?
He never kicks any of the conversion attempts which are above average in difficulty anymore. And in a close competition you can’t afford to have even 2 points go begging every week like I believe he does.

On recent form he would absolutely be in the bottom tier of goal kickers for sure.
Up The Milk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

edwahu wrote: May 25, 2019, 6:07 pm He kicked 2/3. Why did this thread get a bump?
It was that idiot PJ.

He was heavily intoxicated and heard it was 3 tries each.

Putting 2 and 2 together he got...blame Croker !!!

PJ apologises...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 25, 2019, 6:14 pm
He never kicks any of the conversion attempts which are above average in difficulty anymore. And in a close competition you can’t afford to have even 2 points go begging every week like I believe he does.

On recent form he would absolutely be in the bottom tier of goal kickers for sure.

If he kicked 5/4 we still would've lost.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:
-TW- wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:11 pm
-PJ- wrote:3 tries each today.

The difference ?

Crokers kicking..
Or the 14600 penalties we gave away

But yeah, **** Croker

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I was joking Tim.

I get the feeling you don't like me..

That's ok !!
Nah, definitely not the case

Honestly didn't even look who posted it, just had the **** royally after the game

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Come on Timmy, you’re always messaging me about just how much of a **** **** PJ is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-TW- wrote: May 26, 2019, 10:35 am
-PJ- wrote:
-TW- wrote: May 25, 2019, 5:11 pm
-PJ- wrote:3 tries each today.

The difference ?

Crokers kicking..
Or the 14600 penalties we gave away

But yeah, **** Croker

I was joking Tim.

I get the feeling you don't like me..

That's ok !!
Nah, definitely not the case

Honestly didn't even look who posted it, just had the **** royally after the game

I'm angry too Tim, if I had a dog I would have drop punted it yesd arvo...gawd I was dirty !!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: May 26, 2019, 10:52 am Come on Timmy, you’re always messaging me about just how much of a **** **** PJ is.

That's strange..

Tims always messaging me about just how much of a @and$? that dude from Rocky is.

Tim has a bit of explaining to do !!!
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

The Brumbies would love to have someone who can kick at above 60%.

My problem with Croker lately is that he has been making some very poor defensive reads for the past 3-4 weeks and these have usually resulted in tries. Simonsson is still too inexperienced to make up for these poor reads and deciding whether to come in or stay on his opposition winger.

The other thing, and it's not his fault, is that referees have been sending him away when he tries to get an explanation. They do it to Hodgson as well. Stuart needs to talk to Annesley about this.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:
The Rickman wrote: May 26, 2019, 10:52 am Come on Timmy, you’re always messaging me about just how much of a **** **** PJ is.

That's strange..

Tims always messaging me about just how much of a @and$? that dude from Rocky is.

Tim has a bit of explaining to do !!!
Uh... I love youse all?

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Sharks scored 4 tries to Raiders 3. Lucky we have a guy who can kick 5/5 tonight
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sid wrote:Sharks scored 4 tries to Raiders 3. Lucky we have a guy who can kick 5/5 tonight
Did someone else kick? Because Croker can’t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

As I wrote in Through Green Eyes this week, if Croker had kicked just two more goals this season he’s on 80 percent success rate, same as Smith. TWO goals. Then he comes out tonight and he’s five from five. Now he’s 78 percent success rate.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:As I wrote in Through Green Eyes this week, if Croker had kicked just two more goals this season he’s on 80 percent success rate, same as Smith. TWO goals. Then he comes out tonight and he’s five from five. Now he’s 78 percent success rate.

Yeah, but he can’t kick though. Just ask the forum
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

His GKing was the difference last night. 5 from 5 vs SJs 2 from 4.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Matt wrote: June 14, 2019, 11:08 am His GKing was the difference last night. 5 from 5 vs SJs 2 from 4.
Imagine if he was kicking well though... probably would've kicked 10 from 5 last year.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

The Rickman wrote: June 14, 2019, 11:11 am
Matt wrote: June 14, 2019, 11:08 am His GKing was the difference last night. 5 from 5 vs SJs 2 from 4.
Imagine if he was kicking well though... probably would've kicked 10 from 5 last year.
And with his right foot.

:roflmao
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

You can see he’s got his mechanics fixed up. The last couple of weeks he’s hit them a lot better - both in terms of accuracy and carry.

Credit to him for working on it and turning it around quickly
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Yep. His kicking won us the game. If he misses even one - like that one from the sideline where he's struggled a bit this year - we lose. I didn't fancy our chances in Golden Point!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

raiderskater wrote: June 14, 2019, 1:27 pm
Yep. His kicking won us the game. If he misses even one - like that one from the sideline where he's struggled a bit this year - we lose. I didn't fancy our chances in Golden Point!
The way SJ was shaking his GKs, and watching the Sharks practicing drop goals in warmup, I wasnt.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Rickmando wrote: June 14, 2019, 12:38 pm You can see he’s got his mechanics fixed up. The last couple of weeks he’s hit them a lot better - both in terms of accuracy and carry.

Hahahaha credit to him for doing what he's always done
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

The Rickman wrote: June 14, 2019, 3:20 pm
Rickmando wrote: June 14, 2019, 12:38 pm You can see he’s got his mechanics fixed up. The last couple of weeks he’s hit them a lot better - both in terms of accuracy and carry.

Ah Rickman, your powers of observation are failing you my friend. He clearly had a few gremlins in his technique early in the year - the last 2 weeks he’s shown signs of his previous form, he’s made changes to get back to his best.

Those changes would have had to come through owning the problem, and working to fix it. Nothing wrong with giving credit for that.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Rickmando wrote: June 14, 2019, 4:14 pm

Ah Rickman, your powers of observation are failing you my friend. He clearly had a few gremlins in his technique early in the year - the last 2 weeks he’s shown signs of his previous form, he’s made changes to get back to his best.

Those changes would have had to come through owning the problem, and working to fix it. Nothing wrong with giving credit for that.
full credit to Rick you mean
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Rickmando wrote: June 14, 2019, 4:14 pm

Nailed it. I don’t think anyone really thought dropping him from kicking duties was ever a suggestion, but he was clearly shanking more than ever. Full marks to toots and the team for working through it and getting back to his best - he looks so much more confident and fluid now.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
greeneyed wrote:As I wrote in Through Green Eyes this week, if Croker had kicked just two more goals this season he’s on 80 percent success rate, same as Smith. TWO goals. Then he comes out tonight and he’s five from five. Now he’s 78 percent success rate.

Have you been taking lessons from Lucy on how to be a punish?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dr Zaius wrote: June 16, 2019, 6:51 am
The Rickman wrote:

Have you been taking lessons from Lucy on how to be a punish?
Haven't you realised yet? The Rickman is just another Lucy alt. :roll:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

It really seems like Lucy is driving it

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Well it is a Lucy MO to deliberately misrepresent what people have said and keep banging the drum despite being corrected numerous times