All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: Croker's kicking

Post by simo »

raidersmalt wrote: April 29, 2019, 7:49 am
raiderskater wrote: April 28, 2019, 4:03 pm Kicked at 100% today, where are you all now, you cowards?
Right here! He kicked great yesterday, let's hope he can keep it up.

Calling anyone critical of croker's kicking before yesterday's game "cowards" says a lot more about you than it does me.

I started this thread because he had kicked terribly all season and I thought it warranted some discussion. If you're happy with the 22nd best kicker in the NRL statistically before yesterday's game, that's up to you.

However, he kicked well yesterday and let's hope he keeps it going.
Coward
Dont delete this GE
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

simo wrote: April 29, 2019, 9:10 am
raiderskater wrote: April 28, 2019, 4:03 pm Kicked at 100% today, where are you all now, you cowards?

Calling anyone critical of croker's kicking before yesterday's game "cowards" says a lot more about you than it does me.

I started this thread because he had kicked terribly all season and I thought it warranted some discussion. If you're happy with the 22nd best kicker in the NRL statistically before yesterday's game, that's up to you.

Coward
Very well.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

This is totally unnecessary
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

raidersmalt wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:10 am
simo wrote: April 29, 2019, 9:10 am

Coward
Very well.
Malt you were fair to question it to begin with, and you’ve also been fair to acknowledge his good day with the boot. His action definitely looked improved on the previous month, good on him, long may it continue.

It’s unfortunate that you can’t really have any discussions on here without almost immediately stumbling over petty nitwits who can’t see outside their blinkered views in order to continue an engaging conversation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It’s almost like a career 80% kicker who was kicking at 63% had regression to the mean, haha
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

PigRickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:26 am It’s almost like a career 80% kicker who was kicking at 63% had regression to the mean, haha
That’s right. A lot of the player-focused chat on here is usually coinciding with form dips isn’t it?

What’s good about yesterday’s effort wasn’t that he kicked 4/4 (although thanks for the numpty crowing about that), but that his mechanics/action looked improved, like he’d been working on it. THAT’s what you want to see, regardless of the outcome.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

It was premature and unnecessary, as his kicking yesterday has proven.
It's OK to admit you were wrong.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Our kicker wasn't kicking well- so isn't a supporters discussion forum the place to discuss that?

The initial post says that if Croker's kicking stayed down in the 60%s then we should look at another kicker in that case. Which is a fair enough idea in a close comp. It wasn't a hatchet job post.

Then 90% of people just said- "yeah worth keeping an eye on" or "nah he'll come good" hardly a schism worthy of call outs and recriminations and gotcha's or whatever.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Rickmando wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:30 am
PigRickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:26 am It’s almost like a career 80% kicker who was kicking at 63% had regression to the mean, haha
That’s right. A lot of the player-focused chat on here is usually coinciding with form dips isn’t it?

What’s good about yesterday’s effort wasn’t that he kicked 4/4 (although thanks for the numpty crowing about that), but that his mechanics/action looked improved, like he’d been working on it. THAT’s what you want to see, regardless of the outcome.
Yep 100% agree
He looked much more fluid with his follow through to me. Again, no expert but I thought he was kicking very stiffly before this week
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

PigRickman wrote: April 29, 2019, 12:58 pm
Rickmando wrote: April 29, 2019, 10:30 am

Yep 100% agree
He looked much more fluid with his follow through to me. Again, no expert but I thought he was kicking very stiffly before this week
That first shot at goal was telling. He didn't stab at it like we'd seen in some other kicks this year. Came off the boot as sweet as anything. Get the feeling his issue was more mental than mechanical and hopefully he's moved beyond it now.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

This whole thread was garbage to begin with. As they showed against Manly, 25% of his kicks this year have been "far wide", which is why his numbers were down. From "far wide" he's only kicked 1 out of 8 this season, which means for the rest of his kicks he was probably closer to 90%.

As I said earlier in the thread, it seems to me he's been kicking a lot more from out wide this season than usual, sure he hasn't been nailing those kicks as much as he would like, but I'd hardly crucify my kicker or say he's "kicking poor" because a large chunk of his kicks are from the sideline.

Bunch of cowards.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

He kicked very well yesterday.

But he didn't pass to Cotric so let's start a thread...

Crokers passing
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-PJ- wrote: April 29, 2019, 3:14 pm He kicked very well yesterday.

Crokers passing
What about captaincy?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: April 29, 2019, 3:37 pm

Crokers passing
What about captaincy?
We have a back up skip.
What till Toots misses a tackle..

Oh boy !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-PJ- wrote: April 29, 2019, 3:39 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 29, 2019, 3:37 pm

Crokers passing
What about captaincy?
We have a back up skip.
What till Toots misses a tackle..

Oh boy !!!
Thats become less of an issue since Konrad Hurrell went to ESL
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

All I did when I started this thread was identify an issue with croker's kicking that had been going for 6 rounds.

In my opinion, 6 rounds is long enough to raise the issue for some discussion.

I wasn't calling for him to be replaced, I just thought it'd be interesting to hear others thoughts on the topic.

I was wrong.

I'll certainly be less inclined to start another thread in the future, and I'll keep my opinions to myself. You're welcome.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

raidersmalt wrote: April 30, 2019, 10:42 am All I did when I started this thread was identify an issue with croker's kicking that had been going for 6 rounds.

I wasn't calling for him to be replaced, I just thought it'd be interesting to hear others thoughts on the topic.

I was wrong.

I'll certainly be less inclined to start another thread in the future, and I'll keep my opinions to myself. You're welcome.
Classic coward behaviour.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

raidersmalt wrote:All I did when I started this thread was identify an issue with croker's kicking that had been going for 6 rounds.

I was wrong.

Yeah well don’t be coming on here with your independent thoughts again thanks. Independent thoughts are reserved for the upper management posters who run the team.At present there are no vacancies within the upper echelon but when there is a space available you can be sure it will be given to a suck boy (or girl it is 2019) and a poster of your ilk will remain in the others folder . You can consider this your first official warning pal.Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

The Rickman wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:27 am
raidersmalt wrote: April 30, 2019, 10:42 am All I did when I started this thread was identify an issue with croker's kicking that had been going for 6 rounds.

I was wrong.

You're lovely.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

raidersmalt wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:29 am
The Rickman wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:27 am

I was wrong.

You're lovely.
Haha you know I'm joking, big guy.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Keghead wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:29 am
raidersmalt wrote:All I did when I started this thread was identify an issue with croker's kicking that had been going for 6 rounds.

I was wrong.

Yeah well don’t be coming on here with your independent thoughts again thanks. Independent thoughts are reserved for the upper management posters who run the team.At present there are no vacancies within the upper echelon but when there is a space available you can be sure it will be given to a suck boy (or girl it is 2019) and a poster of your ilk will remain in the others folder . You can consider this your first official warning pal.Image

So you're now advocating for posters to post thoughts AGAINST the players rather than blindly in support??

:hmmm Interesting turn of events here... I like the new direction the Keghead character is taking!!
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

I was wrong.

You sound like you need a hug. :)
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:35 am

I was wrong.

So you're now advocating for posters to post thoughts AGAINST the players rather than blindly in support??

:hmmm Interesting turn of events here... I like the new direction the Keghead character is taking!!
Keggy done flipped the switch!
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

1 thing that I think would benifit Croker is that if he would possibly consider taking the ball back a couple more meters when not directly in front.

His ball flight is low and penetrating which leaves extremely little margin for error if not struck fluently and I noticed on his 1st kick on the weekend he gave himself extremely little angle to work with. He only has to take the tee back 3- 5 meters and that would almost double the width of the goalpost due to the angle he is kicking at and any side spin wouldn’t have impacted that delivery yet. It’s a simple percentage play.

Unlike Sezer who has a high ball flight that leaves a lot more margin for error because he has less spin on the ball and doesn’t move through the air as quick (would certainly allow a deeper kick off at restarts).

Personally and I’ve stated over the years I think Sezer is the better goal kicker.

However, I’m happy with Crocker as him getting the all time record is probably the most realistic shot at Glory we have as a club.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Not sure what is going on here, but he certainly struck the ball better on the weekend compared with the rest of the season.

Hopefully a good sign moving forward.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 1, 2019, 5:10 pm Not sure what is going on here, but he certainly struck the ball better on the weekend compared with the rest of the season.

Hopefully a good sign moving forward.
He also didn't have 25% of his shots from the touchline either, which helps immensely ;)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The Rickman wrote: April 24, 2019, 11:23 am This thread is absolute garbage. Somebody want to do the stats on how many of our kicks have been from the sideline this year, because it seems like a lot, more than usual

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You raise a good point here, Rickman (if that IS your real name). Going into the Manly game, he had to kick approximately 25% of his kicks from the sideline which seems a little high. Of those he's only kicked 1 from 8, meaning his other 75% of kicks he's actually kicked quite well, about 80%.

So his kicking from the sideline has been down a little this season, coupled with the fact he's had to do a lot more wide shots than normal.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Croker's kicking has significantly improved since I started this thread.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I just want to reiterate how **** dumb this thread was

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Yup, 100% again today.

But of course someone else should have taken over the kicking and it was something to worry about.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

I think we all wanted him to kick himself back into form, which he did. It was a bit of a concern, but no need to worry about considering other options now. Great work from Croker!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

7/7 I’d like to see that first goal with the big bend again
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

raidersmalt wrote: May 4, 2019, 4:39 pm Croker's kicking has significantly improved since I started this thread.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.
Can you start a thread about Bateman's eye socket?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

**** cowards thread