Croker's kicking

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Croker's kicking

Post by Botman »

raiderskater wrote: April 24, 2019, 1:09 pm Is this the new version of the Croker's captaincy thread, now that those jerks got what they wanted and we have co-captains?

I can't help but wonder if that's contributed to a lot of things I've noticed this year. Croker said in an interview he understands it's not a demotion but the heart isn't logical. It would fit with his new, seemingly desperate/aggressive defense AND a low-confidence approach to his kicking.
Let's update the trope

Jarrod Croker
Can't pass, can't tackle, can't kick, **** captain.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

raiderskater wrote: April 24, 2019, 1:09 pm Is this the new version of the Croker's captaincy thread, now that those jerks got what they wanted and we have co-captains?

I can't help but wonder if that's contributed to a lot of things I've noticed this year. Croker said in an interview he understands it's not a demotion but the heart isn't logical. It would fit with his new, seemingly desperate/aggressive defense AND a low-confidence approach to his kicking.
If Croker's response to losing the sole captaincy is more desperate and aggressive defense then it's just another reason we're lucky to have him.
I think it's more likely that the pre-season focus on defense is bearing fruit. Just like it has with Sammy and Lui. It's really odd how this year all the stuff they're talking about is not just seemingly lip service. There's follow through and results. Positive changes.
The kicking; I agree with Matt that it's a result of the injury recovery.
In general I think we're all just a group of very picky people with a lot of focus dedicated to picking apart each game for areas of improvement.
Personally I am worried about the kicking but I'm never taking it off Croker. It's his to give up. You back your thoroughbreds and he's won / kept us in enough games to deserve that.
I wouldn't be too worried about his confidence. That offload for Cotric was a thing of beauty and you can't pull that off without being confident.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'm a massive fan of Toots. The calls for him to be moved to the wing were ridiculous. As was the over the top criticism of his defence and captaincy.

There is something slightly off about his kicking though. It seems to be a technique thing.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

It’s more of a new Crocker to wing thread...
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

I'm Bate Man wrote: April 23, 2019, 7:48 pm He’s hit some great pressure kicks over the years, he’ll be back.
Like the 2010 final against the Tigers :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Kryptonite wrote: April 25, 2019, 5:40 pm
I'm Bate Man wrote: April 23, 2019, 7:48 pm He’s hit some great pressure kicks over the years, he’ll be back.
2010..... really? :shock:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm not sure what kind of ***** brings that up, but it's not a Raiders fan
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

We're going DEEEEP into the closest.
9 years ago. Good stuff.

Cant pass, cant tackle, cant kick, **** captain.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Seiffert82 wrote:I'm a massive fan of Toots. The calls for him to be moved to the wing were ridiculous. As was the over the top criticism of his defence and captaincy.

There is something slightly off about his kicking though. It seems to be a technique thing.
Two words: Aaron Finch

Was told to make technical changes to be a better test bat, screwed his game and his confidence

Went back to the way he used to play and piled on the runs again in ODI cricket

So whether the knee injury has ment technical changes Crokers not coping with, or just down on form leading to some stray habits and poor technique creeping in. He'll probably kick 5/5 this weekend and the point is mute.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kryptonite
John Ferguson

Post by Kryptonite »

raiderskater wrote: April 25, 2019, 6:37 pm
It was a sarcasm Raiderskater, lighten up ****
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Kryptonite wrote: April 26, 2019, 8:04 am
raiderskater wrote: April 25, 2019, 6:37 pm
It was a sarcasm Raiderskater, lighten up ****
Ok fair enough. Caught me too. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

If he keeps missing I'm afraid we are going to have to let him go..

Kicking is all he has.

We've already established he can't pass and tackle and he's a crappy leader.

It's best for the club..

Sarcasm at its very very best....
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

-TW- wrote: April 25, 2019, 11:44 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:I'm a massive fan of Toots. The calls for him to be moved to the wing were ridiculous. As was the over the top criticism of his defence and captaincy.

Two words: Aaron Finch

Was told to make technical changes to be a better test bat, screwed his game and his confidence

Went back to the way he used to play and piled on the runs again in ODI cricket

So whether the knee injury has ment technical changes Crokers not coping with, or just down on form leading to some stray habits and poor technique creeping in. He'll probably kick 5/5 this weekend and the point is mute.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on with Croker, and to be honest it's not like he's missing a lot of easy shots at goal - the ones he is missing are typically from out wide, but it looks like something has changed a bit recently.

As a lot of people are saying though, he'll probably be back to normal in a week or so and this will be a zephyr in a teacup.

At the end of the day I know Jack Shmidt about goal kicking. I just hope the club is giving Toots assistance if he genuinely needs it. At best he is one of the premier goal kickers in the comp.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Guys Adam Reynolds is considered a sharp shooter. Kicking at low 70% this yr. Career avg is low 80%s. ARey has kicked 2 of the last 8. Has hit the post 3 of those 6 misses. Do Bunnies dump him too???
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Matt wrote: April 26, 2019, 8:13 pm Guys Adam Reynolds is considered a sharp shooter. Kicking at low 70% this yr. Career avg is low 80%s. ARey has kicked 2 of the last 8. Has hit the post 3 of those 6 misses. Do Bunnies dump him too???
Move him to the wing I'd say.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson

Post by Kryptonite »

Does anyone know the code to enter when purchasing away members ticket online at ticketmaster for this Sunday?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Do you NEEDMEMBERSCODE?
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

gangrenous wrote:Do you NEEDMEMBERSCODE?
Hahaha exactly what I thought...

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Matt wrote: April 26, 2019, 8:13 pm Guys Adam Reynolds is considered a sharp shooter. Kicking at low 70% this yr. Career avg is low 80%s. ARey has kicked 2 of the last 8. Has hit the post 3 of those 6 misses. Do Bunnies dump him too???
Even if the 3 that hit the posts had gone through it would still mean a low 62.5 percentage for Adam Reynolds. If they had a better goal kicker in their starting 13, I'm sure the coach would at the very least consider it. Just like Bellamy did when he gave Croft preference over Smith when Storm played the Roosters and Croft returned 4 from 4. If a Coach isn't putting the very best players in the club into their best positions/roles for the good of the side then the Coach is not doing the job imo. In our case, as I have said a number of times, I would not be changing Croker from being our goal kicker.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

RedRaider wrote: April 27, 2019, 11:19 am
Even if the 3 that hit the posts had gone through it would still mean a low 62.5 percentage for Adam Reynolds. If they had a better goal kicker in their starting 13, I'm sure the coach would at the very least consider it. Just like Bellamy did when he gave Croft preference over Smith when Storm played the Roosters and Croft returned 4 from 4. If a Coach isn't putting the very best players in the club into their best positions/roles for the good of the side then the Coach is not doing the job imo. In our case, as I have said a number of times, I would not be changing Croker from being our goal kicker.
And yet Munster was goal kicking the other night, badly too
Kryptonite
John Ferguson

Post by Kryptonite »

gangrenous wrote: April 27, 2019, 9:07 am Do you NEEDMEMBERSCODE?
Yep, ?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Kryptonite wrote:
Yep, ?
Not to worry, joke goes back to the 2016 finals.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Matt wrote: April 27, 2019, 11:25 am
Matt, to me that says Bellamy is concerned with Smith's kicking - he may be injured or he may be preparing for life after Smith.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Oh that guy... :roflmao I remember him. I wonder if he'll be back if things go so well this year?

But more to the point, aren't all NRL tickets sold through Ticketek? What are you doing on ticketmaster?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

RedRaider wrote: April 27, 2019, 1:51 pm
Matt, to me that says Bellamy is concerned with Smith's kicking - he may be injured or he may be preparing for life after Smith.
That could be a theory, yes
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raiderskater wrote: April 27, 2019, 2:37 pm
Oh that guy... :roflmao I remember him. I wonder if he'll be back if things go so well this year?

But more to the point, aren't all NRL tickets sold through Ticketek? What are you doing on ticketmaster?
No they aren't. Manly uses Ticketmaster.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: April 27, 2019, 6:30 pm
raiderskater wrote: April 27, 2019, 2:37 pm

No they aren't. Manly uses Ticketmaster.
Somehow this does not surprise me.

Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

RedRaider wrote:
Belly aches life after Smith will involve poolside mojitos and on-air analysis

scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

RedRaider wrote: April 27, 2019, 1:51 pm
There has been several articles and quotes through the week from Smith that he is nursing a groin injury and although it won’t keep him out of a game he won’t be goal kicking until it gets 100%.

Although I respect his record I must say he has been kissed on the dick over the years for that record that an above average goal kicker hasn’t been in the Storm side as personally he is a long way down on the list of quality goal kickers in the game.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Raiders Lim! wrote: April 28, 2019, 7:11 am
RedRaider wrote:
Belly aches life after Smith will involve poolside mojitos and on-air analysis

:clap: pay that
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

When Toots slots em over from all parts today we'll love him again..yes ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

-PJ- wrote:When Toots slots em over from all parts today we'll love him again..yes ?
No, because I bet at some point he doesn’t pass the ball to Cotric.

There’s always something
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Kicked at 100% today, where are you all now, you cowards?

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yep, back to his best.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

raiderskater wrote: April 28, 2019, 4:03 pm Kicked at 100% today, where are you all now, you cowards?
Right here! He kicked great yesterday, let's hope he can keep it up.

Calling anyone critical of croker's kicking before yesterday's game "cowards" says a lot more about you than it does me.

I started this thread because he had kicked terribly all season and I thought it warranted some discussion. If you're happy with the 22nd best kicker in the NRL statistically before yesterday's game, that's up to you.

However, he kicked well yesterday and let's hope he keeps it going.