Sea Eagles 13+
6%

Total votes: 18

Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: 2019 Rd 7 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Elcaptcroker »

That manly forum are right up there with the broncos being confident in beating us not only beat but a lot reckon they will flog us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I like the rotation concept but only if Ricky uses the players he picks.

One <20 minute player I understand but on the weekend I feel like we ended up with 2 players he was scared to use in a tight game and as a result 3 of the bench only played 57 minutes combined. That's not going to produce a sustainable workload for the starting pack.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Solid forwards rotation. Good to see Guler get rewarded for a strong start to the season.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It's been mentioned a few times by others and i cant recall who, but they should take a victory lap because it very much appears they are right.
Stuart appears to be cycling through the young guys and giving them all a little taste and experience and then sending them back to get minutes in.

I've been increasingly concerned about a guy like Guler but if that's what Stuart is doing i think there is a decent amount of validity to using this early part of the season in finding out what those kids can give us and what they cant.

Im very happy to see Guler back in the top squad.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Any coincidence that Emre got selected for the first game in Sydney?
I think the boys want a free feed at Emre’s Kebab Shop on the bus ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

PigRickman wrote:It's been mentioned a few times by others and i cant recall who, but they should take a victory lap because it very much appears they are right.
Stuart appears to be cycling through the young guys and giving them all a little taste and experience and then sending them back to get minutes in.

I've been increasingly concerned about a guy like Guler but if that's what Stuart is doing i think there is a decent amount of validity to using this early part of the season in finding out what those kids can give us and what they cant.

Im very happy to see Guler back in the top squad.
Hopefully he was putting minutes into Emre so that he's ready to carry some load now, The backrow looked pretty gassed on Sunday
Edrick The Entertainer
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

Brew wrote: April 23, 2019, 8:58 pm Any coincidence that Emre got selected for the first game in Sydney?
I think the boys want a free feed at Emre’s Kebab Shop on the bus ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
:lol: Well done Brew.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

pickles wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Who's saying they'd be OK with losing the game? I will never be OK with losing a game. Never.
There’s a few posts in this thread. I wasn’t devastated when we lost to the storm it showed us where we were at and they are a benchmark team. I also won’t be in tears if we lose a close one to the chooks. They’re an awesome team. Manly aren’t anywhere near that caliber and we should be filthy if we lose to them!
Absolutely. Just looking through the team lists we should win this game and win it well. Happy to concede that they have a couple of top shelf players and a crafty coach which will keep it close but we should win and with that in mind I'd be very disappointed if we lost.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to face Manly Sea Eagles after shrugging off knee injury

Canberra fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad's injured right knee has responded to treatment well.

"I went for scans for peace of mind ... structurally there's nothing wrong with it, it's just a matter of how much soreness I can run with," Nicoll-Klokstad said. "It's actually pretty good. I iced as best as I could the last few days and I'll continue to do that and I'll be doing everything outside of training to get my best opportunity to play.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/23/nic ... ee-injury/
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

I think Stuart will stick with Murchie and Guler until the bye now. Young and Horsburgh had their taste and will be handy in case of injuries.

Guler can probably take a few extra minutes off Papalii’s workload. We can’t afford to lose Papa at all this year, gotta look after him!
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

I read somewhere today that Nick Cotric said he'd done a bit of training at fullback recently - so if CNK is to be rested, which seems unlikely, that would quite obviously put Nick at fullback and I'd say Simmonson on the wing outside the club captain...

Just on that issue of back end defence, well, who isn't there to stuff it up this season? eh? eh? Not a thing that's been noted by anyone in the media yet this year, and it's seemed so obvious that if a couple of last year's players were out on the field this year (Sunday being a good example) we lose. We just lose.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Cant help but feel that the team might be letting up a bit this week. They achieved quite a bit to get to 1 and 5 so far and you can see the effort is starting to take its toll. The bench will have to play significant minutes this week to keep the energy levels up.
Worried we might lose this one, and suffer an injury to boot.

Will be happy to be wrong.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

You know..to play NRL you need to be a special talent. A step above everybody else, in the highest of echelons amongst every other park footballer in this country...no doubt.

That said..

I'm better than Brendan Elliot !!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

I’m glad AFB is out, we normally make him look like Lolo. From there we need to contain offloads from Tapau and then do our best to keep DCE quiet. Easier said than done.

Outside of that if we adequately work the middle we will kill them up the edges. Book Leipana for 4 meat pies.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

I think our back row has been dominant in most games this season, our front row has been great, our centres good and we never had an issue with outside backs. I would just love to see us clock up a win on the back of a dominant halves performance. I don’t care if it’s Williams, Jack or preferably both but I’d love to see the halves put on a show. Not saying either have been bad, just want to see next level.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Nicoll-Klokstad confident in knee: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad said he's confident the knee injury he sustained against the Broncos would not hamper him as he prepares for Manly on Sunday: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... t-in-knee/
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: April 24, 2019, 7:53 am I think our back row has been dominant in most games this season, our front row has been great, our centres good and we never had an issue with outside backs. I would just love to see us clock up a win on the back of a dominant halves performance. I don’t care if it’s Williams, Jack or preferably both but I’d love to see the halves put on a show. Not saying either have been bad, just want to see next level.
I think it’s coming. Sam’s been solid and his defence gets better every week. Jack is starting to be less rocks, more steady, with a few diamonds.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Don't stress guys - we've got this.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has 'massive' concerns about state of Brookvale Oval surface

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart said he has "massive concerns" about the reputation of the surface at Brookvale as he prepares his side take on Manly on Sunday.

"We've had some poor luck there before with an ACL with Dunamis Lui and Shannon Boyd did a medial (ligament). I won't play him [Nicoll-Klokstad] at 90 per cent, I have got some good depth with Bailey Simonsson and Michael Oldfield, so if Charnze wasn't right I won't risk him.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/24/stu ... d-surface/
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Coastalraider wrote: April 24, 2019, 12:10 pm Don't stress guys - we've got this.
Im with ya, I really think Raiders got this, Infact I dont even think we have seen the Raiders Best just yet.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Why anyone wouldn't be confident of beating this Manly side I really don't know. Must be the years of mediocrity rubbing off on some. We're a good side this year. A bloody good side. It's ok to believe that.

Their best player and best prop are out. They have a very poor backline and suffered a heartbreaking loss last week. We know from experience they can take weeks to recover from. We'd have to play well below our best to not win. I expect us to win comfortably.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Hazza wrote:Why anyone wouldn't be confident of beating this Manly side I really don't know. Must be the years of mediocrity rubbing off on some. We're a good side this year. A bloody good side. It's ok to believe that.

Their best player and best prop are out. They have a very poor backline and suffered a heartbreaking loss last week. We know from experience they can take weeks to recover from. We'd have to play well below our best to not win. I expect us to win comfortably.
Pretty much

Everytime we get hype around us we **** the bed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Turbo is a huge out, for us more than most. DCE is excellent at isolating halves and causing those around them to make poor decisions. Now Sammy will have Elliot running at him instead of Turbo. With his improved defense I'd back him to able to handle that fine.
It probably makes Thompson and Sironen the more likely targets though.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

And Thompson and Sironen are ok, but no better than that. Would be riding the pine at half the NRL clubs out there.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

I'm Bate Man wrote: April 23, 2019, 4:40 pm
Beejay wrote:You've got to give credit to Ricky for the way he is rotating that bench with young blokes. Our depth, and the quality of that depth is going to improve by giving them all a taste, and healthy competition to prove themselves.
It’s definitely a big move away from his selection process in the past, and it’s good to see them not warming the pine for 80mins in tight games but actually coming on during games when it counts.
I think this new rotation strategy is influenced by Ennis and McFadden, Ricky has been stubborn in his team selection process for the last 5 yrs, its a welcome change and its paying off
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: April 24, 2019, 2:01 pm Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has 'massive' concerns about state of Brookvale Oval surface

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart said he has "massive concerns" about the reputation of the surface at Brookvale as he prepares his side take on Manly on Sunday.

"We've had some poor luck there before with an ACL with Dunamis Lui and Shannon Boyd did a medial (ligament). I won't play him [Nicoll-Klokstad] at 90 per cent, I have got some good depth with Bailey Simonsson and Michael Oldfield, so if Charnze wasn't right I won't risk him.

Me too, Ricky. I kinda want reinforced strapping tape for CNK, Lui and Croker at least.

I'm actually more nervous about our guys getting through a game on that awful surface unscathed than I am about the win. Two points is easily recoverable down the line. CNK or Croker - or anyone, really - going down with a knee injury because of the surface is far less recoverable.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart previews Sunday's match against the Sea Eagles

Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart discusses a wide range of topics ahead of Sunday's match against the Sea Eagles at Brookvale.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ea-eagles/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Sea Eagles: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ea-eagles/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Sea Eagles: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ea-eagles/

Training Gallery: Raiders prepare for Manly: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... for-manly/

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Hudson Young and Brent Todd: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ent-todd2/
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Lui_Bon wrote: April 23, 2019, 11:22 pm I read somewhere today that Nick Cotric said he'd done a bit of training at fullback recently - so if CNK is to be rested, which seems unlikely, that would quite obviously put Nick at fullback and I'd say Simmonson on the wing outside the club captain...

Just on that issue of back end defence, well, who isn't there to stuff it up this season? eh? eh? Not a thing that's been noted by anyone in the media yet this year, and it's seemed so obvious that if a couple of last year's players were out on the field this year (Sunday being a good example) we lose. We just lose.
I agree Lui, that the 2019 squad is better suited to provide sustained defensive effort. Also that after some years of coaches promising a pre-season defensive focus we at last see some evidence of it.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

raiderskater wrote:
greeneyed wrote: April 24, 2019, 2:01 pm Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has 'massive' concerns about state of Brookvale Oval surface

Me too, Ricky. I kinda want reinforced strapping tape for CNK, Lui and Croker at least.

I'm actually more nervous about our guys getting through a game on that awful surface unscathed than I am about the win. Two points is easily recoverable down the line. CNK or Croker - or anyone, really - going down with a knee injury because of the surface is far less recoverable.
I will be holding my breath throughout this game. Happy to forfeit the 2 points and rest everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart concerned about battling Brookvale surface

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has massive concerns over the Brookvale Oval surface.

"It's a real concern for me. I wasn't going to mention it or talk about it, but you've raised the point and it's a massive concern," he said on Wednesday. "We've had some poor luck there before with an ACL to Dunamis Lui and Shannon Boyd did a medial. Yes it does [worry me]."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

GreenGirl wrote: April 24, 2019, 9:55 am
Billy Walker wrote: April 24, 2019, 7:53 am I think our back row has been dominant in most games this season, our front row has been great, our centres good and we never had an issue with outside backs. I would just love to see us clock up a win on the back of a dominant halves performance. I don’t care if it’s Williams, Jack or preferably both but I’d love to see the halves put on a show. Not saying either have been bad, just want to see next level.
I think it’s coming. Sam’s been solid and his defence gets better every week. Jack is starting to be less rocks, more steady, with a few diamonds.
I'm not so sure we'll see much better from Sammy. Each time he's come back to the club he's improved his game but I think we're pretty much at his ceiling. Jack can and will continue to improve.

I'm happy as long as Jack continues to improve and Williams performs to the best of his ability. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the halves put on a show... but I've also gotta be realistic about my expectations. We really need a half who complements Wighton at 6 for our halves combo to click - that's somebody who can take on the lead role between the two in shotcalling and somebody with a solid short kicking game. Unfortunately, we're not gonna get that from Sam or Sezer (I could be wrong but I think we've seen enough footy from them to confidently come to that conclusion).
Horace Dove-Edwin
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson

Post by Horace Dove-Edwin »

Really liking our threats across the park. Winning 5 from 6 games with Cotric, Raps, Joey not being dominant whereas last few years we only win on the back of them.

Surely it can only be a matter of weeks before our backs start cutting loose.

It seems as though we can win with any umber of players taking the lead.

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders comes of age after two years of growing pains

Two years of NRL pain have helped the Canberra Raiders come of age through a period coach Ricky Stuart says would've broken most teams.

"With some players it's taken three or four years for the switch to flick," Stuart said. "Consistently not making the eight over the last two years after they got there in 2016 and saw how good it is has given the players that extra bit of added motivation.

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote: April 24, 2019, 5:37 pm Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart concerned about battling Brookvale surface

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has massive concerns over the Brookvale Oval surface.

"It's a real concern for me. I wasn't going to mention it or talk about it, but you've raised the point and it's a massive concern," he said on Wednesday. "We've had some poor luck there before with an ACL to Dunamis Lui and Shannon Boyd did a medial. Yes it does [worry me]."

I have a real issue with all this dodgy brookvale oval stuff. There is so much real evidence that the field is not up to a standard that keeps the players safe. The number of serious injuries that have occurred there including this season is not good enough.

Yes injuries are part of the game and yes they occur at all fields but shouldnt the NRL be trying to reduce them? Clubs should be expected to provide a certain level of professional standard to visiting side. This should include a safe field , clean and large change rooms and certain medical supports such as a medicab.
Brookvale has the highest rate of injuries (and serious injuries) yet they dont even have a medicab!

If clubs dont provide those simple things then they should be fined and have to pay for all expenses and salary cap compensation for all serious (5+ weeks) injuries. Clubs like ours put so much effort into injury prevention and prehab to limit our injuries why should we be expected to risk all that because Manly can't find a proper field?
The cost of rehabing these players now come out of the football department cap including the cost of braces/moonboots, strapping tape etc.

Clubs need to stand together and say they will not risk their players on a bad pitch.

Here endth my rant :P
Vaccinated
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

You having a lend of us Cat?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017