Canberra Raiders V Manly Sea Eagles
Sunday 28 April 2:00pm
Brookvale Oval
Gates: 11:30am
Jersey Flegg: 11:45am
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3

The Raiders are 5 and 1 to start the season and third on the ladder... and now they head back on the road to face the Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval. Who should line up for the Raiders? Tell us your team here and see how you go in comparison to the official squad when announced. We will include the official line ups in the first post of this thread as soon as they're available.

OFFICIAL SQUADS

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Nick Cotric
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joey Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Dunamis Lui
11. John Bateman
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Siliva Havili
15. Emre Guler
16. Sia Soliola
17. Jack Murchie

18. Aidan Sezer
19. Bailey Simonsson
20. JJ Collins
21. Hudson Young

Manly Sea Eagles

1. Brendan Elliot
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Moses Suli
4. Brad Parker
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Toafofoa Sipley
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Corey Waddell
17. Morgan Boyle

18. Kelepi Tanginoa
19. Sam Smith
20. Lachlan Croker
21. Taniela Paseka

Officials:

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLManlyRaiders

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2019 #FromAllAngles

Mounties NSW Cup team: Click here

Jersey Flegg team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: 2019 Rd 7 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews

Post by cat »

I am really nervous about this game

Manly got done by the ref this week and will want revenge ( and the nrl to make it up to Des)

Can we really win 5 in a row so early in the season?

The quality of Brookvale may cause our medical team to work over time, if the injury to Chanyze happened next weekend his boot would of got stuck and we are looking at season ending

But in Ricky and his team of champions I believe and trust.

And i trust and believe in these boys playing like raiders of old!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Tough game this one.

We looked pretty fatigued against the Broncos, and Ricky acknowledged that the boys are buggered. I think they're getting a few days off? He also mentioned that he had a chat with Matt Ford about the players work load this week.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: April 21, 2019, 8:33 pm Tough game this one.

We looked pretty fatigued against the Broncos, and Ricky acknowledged that the boys are buggered. I think they're getting a few days off? He also mentioned that he had a chat with Matt Ford about the players work load this week.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
So the boys have a rest, rock up to Brookie and do the Eagle rock !!! :thumbsup
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

This is only the 2nd team so far this year Raiders are facing who right now as I type are in the top 8
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Manly played their guts out last night. I'd be surprised if they can back up that effort again

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

We looked a little flat today, cnk, Bateman and Sutton kept wanting to win, they are all superhuman. We will win, and I would not drop Hudson young yet, he plays with good energy, and is worthy for another week or two I think, then Murchie or horse back in

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

We'll win and win well.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Yep..close thread.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Limit the impact of DCE and Jake and we win. Easier said than done but they're pretty ordinary otherwise. They'll try and bore us out of the game.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

1. CNK/Simmonsson if CNK is out with his knee.
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapa
6. Jack
7. Sammy
8. Papa
9. Hodgo
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sia
15. Havili
16. Murchie
17. Collins

I'd have had Horsburg back this week but getting sent off means he only got 20 minutes or so.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

If CNK is in ANY discomfort and we think he could benefit for a week out we put Rapana at fullback and bring Oldfield in.

There is this talk of rotating the forwards this year to keep them fresh, what about the others? CNK has had a monster workload so far and at 5-1 against Manly away we should be looking further down the track and trying to get CNK back to 100% as that knee looked dubious. There is more at play than 2 points at Manly and I actually think a rest for the kid and giving Rapana a licence to roam here would be a good idea. And Oldfield knows the ground and brings in that fresh rotation in the back 5 to start the sets. That's what i'd do and I think Hudson Young gave enough to keep his spot, his energy was great for us at the end of the game today.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Woodgers wrote:If CNK is in ANY discomfort and we think he could benefit for a week out we put Rapana at fullback and bring Oldfield in.

There is this talk of rotating the forwards this year to keep them fresh, what about the others? CNK has had a monster workload so far and at 5-1 against Manly away we should be looking further down the track and trying to get CNK back to 100% as that knee looked dubious. There is more at play than 2 points at Manly and I actually think a rest for the kid and giving Rapana a licence to roam here would be a good idea. And Oldfield knows the ground and brings in that fresh rotation in the back 5 to start the sets. That's what i'd do and I think Hudson Young gave enough to keep his spot, his energy was great for us at the end of the game today.
I would say on Matt's matchup form, simminson has the runs on the board for a straight swap ?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Not for me, no way. Simmonsen is a decent developmental player but I couldn't have him at fullback in an NRL game at this stage. Possibly the wing but we just want someone to not make critical mistakes and keep it tight against a side like Manly where we should be in the game so i'd put Jordan in there because he's least likely to spill kicks and most likely to ruck it out well and support up the middle because he's done it before. We're on a roll, I don't see why you put a complete rookie in there who could make a stack of critical mistakes to swing the 2 points. And I think Jordan would benefit from the freshen up in position, it's not like the Leipana combo is our greatest strength this season.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Simonsson showed us in the trials he is quite a way off being a first grade fullback.
ghost_patrol
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by ghost_patrol »

Which bay at Lottoland do Raiders supporters congregate in? Is there an away team bay?
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Green eyed Mick wrote:1. CNK/Simmonsson if CNK is out with his knee.
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. BJ
5. Rapa
6. Jack
7. Sammy
8. Papa
9. Hodgo
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Sia
15. Havili
16. Murchie
17. Collins

I'd have had Horsburg back this week but getting sent off means he only got 20 minutes or so.
Red Horse only playing 20mins today is exactly why I would pick him, he would be fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

ghost_patrol wrote: April 21, 2019, 11:15 pm Which bay at Lottoland do Raiders supporters congregate in? Is there an away team bay?
There are no away supporters bays... due to Brookvale not being an actual stadium... ;)

The Raiders fans usually stand on the hill on the southern side of halfway... that is the eastern side. Even though you will be standing/sitting on wet grass... you will be charged more than you are for a seat just about anywhere else!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:
ghost_patrol wrote: April 21, 2019, 11:15 pm Which bay at Lottoland do Raiders supporters congregate in? Is there an away team bay?
There are no away supporters bays... due to Brookvale not being an actual stadium... ;)

The Raiders fans usually stand on the hill on the southern side of halfway... that is the eastern side. Even though you will be standing/sitting on wet grass... you will be charged more than you are for a seat just about anywhere else!
Bays at brookvale , very very funny!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Woodgers wrote: April 21, 2019, 10:19 pm If CNK is in ANY discomfort and we think he could benefit for a week out we put Rapana at fullback and bring Oldfield in.

Is Oldfield back from injury yet? Charnze will be right, he looked fine in the 2nd half.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I think Team List Tuesday will simply put the same players up as for the Bronco's match. Plenty of players are carrying injury, but at least we have a 7 day turnaround to get them prepared. Other than for medical/physio reasons I wouldn't expect the side to assemble before Wednesday at the earliest. Winning produces a positive outlook though and I don't think any of the current crop would willingly put their hand up for a rest. It'll be a Coach/medico decision to change a side which has won 5 on the trot.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hazza wrote: April 22, 2019, 5:29 am
Woodgers wrote: April 21, 2019, 10:19 pm If CNK is in ANY discomfort and we think he could benefit for a week out we put Rapana at fullback and bring Oldfield in.

Is Oldfield back from injury yet? Charnze will be right, he looked fine in the 2nd half.
Played Mounties yesterday.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Sticky mentioned that its been a tough start to the season , the boys have been up every week bar 40min against the Storm. He will need to manage it spot on at training this week otherwise I feel we may just be flat this week. It is Manly at Manly , who wants to go there.

As for the team if CNK is ok to go then he plays but he looked a bit off the pace and in discomfort in the 2nd half. I think he could have got to the ball before Oats if he could hit full pace but we saw that he couldnt.

Another option is to bring Sezer back in for Willaims , I dont think he did anything wrong but we did play to Jack way more yesterday
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: April 21, 2019, 11:26 pm

The worst thing about Brookvake is the lack of facilities (toilets and bars etc) not the position on the hill itself. I’d take being a bit uncomfortable but watching the game from near halfway over more expensive ga tickets at most other grounds that sit you in the corner or behind the posts.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They charge $25 (member away offer) plus handling of $7.25 for an adult GA ticket. You get the Hill for that. I’d say that’s an outrageous price, given the facilities. $27 if you’re not a member.

If it were $10 I might agree.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Same team that beat the Tigers
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

reptar wrote:Same team that beat the Tigers
What about the players from that side who are longer contracted?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Sid wrote:
Oh... Good question!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: April 22, 2019, 7:45 am
Sid wrote:
Oh... Good question!
Bring em back !!!
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Does Horsburgh being sent off for Mounties affect his eligibility to play First Grade?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Depends if he gets suspended

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

The Benji Effect this week goes to............who else DCE, this guy is a fine player in general but up against the Raiders he is unstoppable, im also gonna throw in George Taufua, average at best but has a blinder against Raiders.

this game will be tough no doubt, shutting down DCE is number 1, I am expecting bombs to Suli all night, and tell me BJ is marking Parker, he will bath him in attack.

gotta say not bad by JJ, he is a big unit, has got good leg drive about him. hoping CNK is all good.

Big bonus for Raiders is no Fonua blake and no tommy turbz
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Now this is a team you attack on the edges imo. Elgey and Parker on Bateman and Leipana should be an absolute bloodbath. Croker and Cotric is an absolute mismatch on Suli and Garrick too.

You need to earn the right to go there but gee that’s a big advantage.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Let's pick on Brendan Elliott..

I hope Dessie picks him.
Hands-will-do-it
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Hands-will-do-it »

julian87 wrote: April 22, 2019, 9:51 am Now this is a team you attack on the edges imo. Elgey and Parker on Bateman and Leipana should be an absolute bloodbath. Croker and Cotric is an absolute mismatch on Suli and Garrick too.

You need to earn the right to go there but gee that’s a big advantage.
Agree 100%. Would also be smart to occasionally run a bit of shape with Papalli running on the edges as well.
Loving his work at prop, but would also like to see a bit of edge running in that red zone when possible.