Sea Eagles 13+
6%

Total votes: 18

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: 2019 Rd 7 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:I think the NRL has shown they are already ready to tackle homophobia. Macklemore at the 2017 Grand Final and their support for Same Sex Marriage. Who knows if the Raiders are prepared to though.
There is tackling it and thrn there is tackling it.

We tackle violence against women every white ribbon round, then we have players do un white ribbon things and blame lack of education

Agree raiders aren't ready, we are very old fashioned and country at times

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

So, the Raiders' mission is clear. They must win to be sure of staying top four. If they win by 12 or more, they can take the competition lead. If they win by three or more, they can move into second. Win by two or less, back to third. If they don't win, they could remain in fourth, or drop to fifth, depending on the result and whether the Eels win and by how much.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

greeneyed wrote: April 26, 2019, 11:03 pm So, the Raiders' mission is clear. They must win to be sure of staying top four. If they win by 12 or more, they can take the competition lead. If they win by three or more, they can move into second. Win by two or less, back to third. If they don't win, they could remain in fourth, or drop to fifth, depending on the result and whether the Eels win and by how much.
Nicely done...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

A win by 12+ would be just fine..

I've got the "have you seen the NRL ladder" txt ready to roll.

Thumb hovering over the send button...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Results so far really add to the importance of this game for the raiders. A win really consolidated us in the top four and a loss and we can potentially fall back into the scramble.

We’ve shown we can win scrappy but it would be nice to see us put a more clinical game together and shut manly out of the contest.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Matt wrote: April 26, 2019, 2:12 pm Anyone heard anything about how CNKs knee is going? Will he play?
You would have to think he’s at least half a Charnze to play....
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

pickles wrote: April 27, 2019, 6:20 am Results so far really add to the importance of this game for the raiders. A win really consolidated us in the top four and a loss and we can potentially fall back into the scramble.

We’ve shown we can win scrappy but it would be nice to see us put a more clinical game together and shut manly out of the contest.
Not really. Would've been an important game either way. Every game is. All this win by 4 we're 2nd , win by 14 we're 1st or whatever, it means nothing really. No one remembers the table after rd 7. If we keep winning it'll take care of itself.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I really don't care where we end up on the ladder after we win. A win's a win. Now if it was August or September I'd start getting angsty about margins and ladder positions, but it's still April, so forgive me if I'm not quite agitated about it just yet.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

Let’s just get the Win , and keep plotting along minding our own business and keep flying under the radar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

* Flying under the Raider
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Penrith played themselves back into better form last night. Which makes this game even more important.
If we can take two wins from the next four I will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

RTW wrote: April 27, 2019, 9:09 am Penrith played themselves back into better form last night. Which makes this game even more important.

are you kidding, Panthers sucked so bad, Raiders WILL win this and WIN next week
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Yes i really really want to win, but you don't win the grand final in April
We are kidding ourselves if we think we can win all games now till the October long weekend

If we lose and don't get blown off the field , have no big injuries that might effect our future games then i will be disappointed ( getting use to winning lol) but not unhappy

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Crusader wrote: April 27, 2019, 9:50 am
RTW wrote: April 27, 2019, 9:09 am Penrith played themselves back into better form last night. Which makes this game even more important.

are you kidding, Panthers sucked so bad, Raiders WILL win this and WIN next week
You give the Panthers the ball and they can be a very dangerous attacking team. They were very dangerous last night. It's just that when the Rabbitohs got their rare opportunities in the second half, last night, they took them, and held their lead.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

PigRickman wrote: April 25, 2019, 11:02 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:37 pm Seriously, some of you people (blokes) ought to take a reality check. The Brookvale Oval surface was so poor that a trial match against the Sharks this year was transferred to Shark Park. It was "due to the dangerous surface". It has just been announced that they need to spend $1.2 million just on the surface to make it safe... and you blokes are debating whether it is fair or not to describe the Brookvale Oval surface as "unsafe"! Seriously!
Haha, no Im just asking a **** major news source to actually **** do their job and provide some kind of analysis that is credible and relevant!
Im sure if they did, they'd find the results even more damning! But they're lazy, and **** incompetent. Brookvale is a disgrace.

Im not saying it's unfair to call the surface unsafe, it almost certain is, but that fox sports deal doesnt mean a damn thing, it literally is pointless, that FoxSports analysis of the situation was totally worthless, embarrassingly so, which is **** because this is actually an important player safety issue. But there is just nothing that can drawn from such a piss poor effort at that.
This is absolutely correct.

I've never been to Brookvale, but it's clearly a terrible facility with an appalling surface. Nowhere near NRL standard.

However, the article itself was largely meaningless and drew some sort of conclusion based on a simple statistic, without providing any real analysis or context.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Looking at those team lists, we should absolutely blow this Eagles team off the park. However, it's unlikely we will as those are the types of games we typically struggle in. Manly are clearly working hard together as a team and that will keep this game close.

A two point win would be fantastic. A two point win without any major injuries would be a dream.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Without Turbo, there really is a lot of pressure on DCE to dominate this game for the Eagles. The key is clearly keeping a solid defensive line against him and putting a lot of effort into pressuring his kick.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Goldcoast Raider wrote: April 27, 2019, 8:56 am Let’s just get the Win , and keep plotting along minding our own business and keep flying under the radar
I am 100% in this camp with you GCR. Get the 2 competition points. That's what really matters.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Billy Walker wrote: April 27, 2019, 7:30 am
Matt wrote: April 26, 2019, 2:12 pm Anyone heard anything about how CNKs knee is going? Will he play?
It depends, he still must be stiff, and the Klock is ticking.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Billy Walker wrote: April 27, 2019, 7:30 am
:roflmao
Well played sir
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

One of The CT stories from last night said he'll play.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: April 27, 2019, 10:09 am

You give the Panthers the ball and they can be a very dangerous attacking team. They were very dangerous last night. It's just that when the Rabbitohs got their rare opportunities in the second half, last night, they took them, and held their lead.
I don't know how anyone watching that game could think the Panthers were bad.
One drop ball less, one try saver less and the Panthers win that well.
Souths just did better with the key moments.
I think it's the first game of the year the rabbits really turned it on in defence and if they hadn't we'd be enduring the Panthers are back articles.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

zim wrote:

I think it's the first game of the year the rabbits really turned it on in defence and if they hadn't we'd be enduring the Panthers are back articles.
It was a high quality game of footy and no doubt it was the bunnies defence that made all the difference but the panthers had almost endless possession and field possession in the second half and struggled to turn it into points. I reckon they would be disappointed that they didn’t manage to win given all the opportunity they had.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

They can be very dangerous when you give them the ball? They had 60% of it last night and created bugger all. Souths had 2 sets, yes 2 sets in their half in the 2nd half and scored 2 tries. Penrith have got nothing in attack. It's Kikauball. Throw it to Kikau and see what he can do. They have sfa else, they're kidding they didn't win that game.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

zim wrote: April 27, 2019, 12:01 pm

Did you see the possession stats? Souths deadset barely touched the ball the last 50 mins. Please!
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Hazza wrote: April 27, 2019, 1:53 pm

Did you see the possession stats? Souths deadset barely touched the ball the last 50 mins. Please!
And the Panthers didn't play badly. It's the Rabbitohs defence that kept turning up again and again.
They created enough to win. If just one of those try savers didn't come when the rabbits needed it the whole thing could have easily flipped on it's head.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

zim wrote: April 27, 2019, 2:14 pm
Hazza wrote: April 27, 2019, 1:53 pm

And the Panthers didn't play badly. It's the Rabbitohs defence that kept turning up again and again.
They created enough to win. If just one of those try savers didn't come when the rabbits needed it the whole thing could have easily flipped on it's head.
Well. They were slightly better than they have been. Slightly. Gee I'd be filthy if we had 60% of the ball and lost. And their defence is still awful, reverse possession and Souths win by 20+. That's not to say we're shoo ins next week I'm just talking about last night's game. They're still a long way off the pace for mine.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Yeah if the possession was reversed that would have been a massacre.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Last two seasons we have been blown off the park in the first half at Brookvale against these guys. We need to start well. As someone else said, if they get their offloads going, they become very dangerous and Cherry Evans can control the game with his kicking. You can see by Ricky's comments on the ABC this morning, the key is we stick with them early and if we do that we should have the firepower to finish over the top.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders recruit three of the best in NRL

John Bateman's an early leader for buy of the year, but have the Canberra Raiders done even better than that with two or three in the top five?

"It's early days, but I did see John Bateman mentioned as the buy of the year," CEO Don Furner said. "He's been fantastic, so has Charnze, so has Ryan Sutton. "I'd like to think we can lay claim to a couple of them in the first third of the year. A pat on the back to Peter Mulholland and Ricky and his staff."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Maroons coach Kevin Walters confirms Canberra Raiders forward Josh Papalii is part of his 2019 Origin plans

Former Raider and Maroons coach Kevin Walters has confirmed Josh Papalii is certainly part of his State of Origin plans for 2019.

"Very good, very impressive. We played him there in game three of last year's series and he was in the top three players on the field," Walters said. It's a role he's very comfortable in. He'll be a vital member for us this year.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Okay you can have him BUT DON'T LET HIM GET HURT
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)