28%
Sea Eagles 13+
6%

Total votes: 18

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 7 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gangrenous »

Holy ****, didn’t realise so many of the Brookvale groundskeepers were Raiders fans.

Touchy bunch you lot...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

There's a new Shadowboxer in town.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Crusader wrote: April 25, 2019, 6:25 pm Are the Raiders doing the ANZAC jersey this year
Could only see an indigenous jersey available. Doesn't look like we did one this year.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

zim wrote:
Crusader wrote: April 25, 2019, 6:25 pm Are the Raiders doing the ANZAC jersey this year
Could only see an indigenous jersey available. Doesn't look like we did one this year.
Very few clubs have done Anzac jeresys this year, the whole ANZAC round seems kinda quiet to me

Clubs that have done jerseys are Broncos, storm, dragons, roosters and bunnies

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It may be because the NRL doesn't share the ANZAC Day games amongst the clubs. I can see the reason for "traditional" games. I can see a rationale for the Warriors to play an Australian club, but I don't quite see why it has to be the same clubs every year. Personally, I think the Raiders have a very strong case for an ANZAC Day game in Canberra at some stage, given the AWM and largest ANZAC Day ceremony is in Canberra.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:It may be because the NRL doesn't share the ANZAC Day games amongst the clubs. I can see the reason for "traditional" games. I can see a rationale for the Warriors to play an Australian club, but I don't quite see why it has to be the same clubs every year. Personally, I think the Raiders have a very strong case for an ANZAC Day game in Canberra at some stage, given the AWM and largest ANZAC Day ceremony is in Canberra.
I agree, I personally think the Warriors should be playing us in Canberra not Melbourne in Melbourne

In terms of special jerseys it seems very quiet in general . You have normally seen/heard about a few more by now

Vaccinated
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Yep Warriors rotating between Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Auckland would be a better model for Anzac Day commemorations.
GHC
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Mal

Post by GHC »

I might be completely wrong here...but didn't we give up the Anzac game against the Warriors a few years ago? Some handshake deal thing with the Storm?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

GHC wrote:I might be completely wrong here...but didn't we give up the Anzac game against the Warriors a few years ago? Some handshake deal thing with the Storm?

Not that i remember, we have been "talking" with the NRL about the value of a game in Canberra for the round

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GHC wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:11 pm I might be completely wrong here...but didn't we give up the Anzac game against the Warriors a few years ago? Some handshake deal thing with the Storm?

Last thing I heard about it, the Raiders publicly said they wanted an ANZAC Day game... they just don't get one.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: April 25, 2019, 7:20 pm Holy ****, didn’t realise so many of the Brookvale groundskeepers were Raiders fans.

Touchy bunch you lot...

Haha, nothing touchy about it. It's objectively a **** worthless analysis. I bet if they did it properly they'd probably find they're actual right! I would GUESS that surface is much more harmful than others... but this work by the Fox Spots proves nothing. It has no relevance to the topic at hand

To put it in other terms, if my boss asked me to do an analysis on break down Costs on a fleet of vehicles and delivered bottom line figure that included preventative maintenance and didnt offer up any information to differentiate the bottom line result from the different drivers, my boss was haul me over the **** coals and tell me i've not given him an answer to the **** question!

Fox Sports have not answered their own god damn question :lol:

Edit: I just assumed that was a DT thing, it was fox sports, edited accordingly. Though i guess it's all Murdoch at the end of the day
Last edited by Botman on April 25, 2019, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seriously, some of you people (blokes) ought to take a reality check. The Brookvale Oval surface was so poor that a trial match against the Sharks this year was transferred to Shark Park. It was "due to the dangerous surface". It has just been announced that they need to spend $1.2 million just on the surface to make it safe... and you blokes are debating whether it is fair or not to describe the Brookvale Oval surface as "unsafe"! Seriously!
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

BJ wrote:Yep Warriors rotating between Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Auckland would be a better model for Anzac Day commemorations.
I agree. I don’t see that these matches should be locked into the same sides every year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:37 pm Seriously, some of you people (blokes) ought to take a reality check. The Brookvale Oval surface was so poor that a trial match against the Sharks this year was transferred to Shark Park. It was "due to the dangerous surface". It has just been announced that they need to spend $1.2 million just on the surface to make it safe... and you blokes are debating whether it is fair or not to describe the Brookvale Oval surface as "unsafe"! Seriously!
Haha, no Im just asking a **** major news source to actually **** do their job and provide some kind of analysis that is credible and relevant!
Im sure if they did, they'd find the results even more damning! But they're lazy, and **** incompetent. Brookvale is a disgrace.

Im not saying it's unfair to call the surface unsafe, it almost certain is, but that fox sports deal doesnt mean a damn thing, it literally is pointless, that FoxSports analysis of the situation was totally worthless, embarrassingly so, which is **** because this is actually an important player safety issue. But there is just nothing that can drawn from such a piss poor effort at that.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:
GHC wrote: April 25, 2019, 10:11 pm I might be completely wrong here...but didn't we give up the Anzac game against the Warriors a few years ago? Some handshake deal thing with the Storm?

Last thing I heard about it, the Raiders publicly said they wanted an ANZAC Day game... they just don't get one.
Seeing next Anzac Day is a Saturday hopefully they do 4 or 5 games again so we might be in with a shot

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And let's put that aside. Let's all agree, that the Brookvale Oval surface is unsafe. Otherwise, they wouldn't have transferred that trial game... they wouldn't be spending $1.2 million to make it safe!

Let's all agree. Ricky Stuart is right to point out his concerns about the surface... because, if it were safe, none of the above would be happening!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Agreed.
**** stadium, **** surface, **** club, **** team, **** fanbase.

Raiders win, and win well.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Totally agree. And we should forfeit the match because Manly can't keep their ground safe.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

magoo wrote: April 25, 2019, 11:58 am Didn't know where to put this so it ends up here.
I met Gary Coynes parents this morning and they were very happy to talk about his football journey. Lovely people with a great love of rugby league. I thoroughly enjoyed reminiscing about the raiders glory days with them.
I like your post. That's all.

I mean, that's all I have to say. I like other stuff too!
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

We got home over the bumbling Broncos it Manly away is a completely different game.
I have a bad feeling about this one. I know a lot of people said that about last weeks game but...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Stopping Marty's offloads should be high on the agenda this week.

DCE is playing very well off the back of the offloads Marty supplies.

Our outside backs should run over theirs but there's plenty of work to do in the middle containing a pack which is..in all honesty pretty good.

Oh and if bombing the be-jesus out of BElliot ain't on well I'm not here...

This will be tough, these surbuban grounds are intimidating. But I think we'll get the chocolates...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Soliola praises "ultimate professional" Croker

Raiders forward Sia Soliola has paid tribute to Captain Jarrod Croker as the Raiders Centre gets set to play his 100th game as Captain for the Raiders on Sunday afternoon. Soliola also hailed the maturity of the squad in 2019 as well as touching up on the dangers they face this weekend when they line up against the Manly Sea Eagles.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... al-croker/

Katie Brown and Jamie Soward preview the Sunday afternoon game between Manly Sea Eagles and Canberra Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/26/sea ... --round-7/

Local juniors to take field in Wagga: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... gga-wagga/
Sydney_Raider
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Sydney_Raider »

I walk past Brookie most days and decided to have a closer look this morning. To the eye, never seen it look better.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Anyone heard anything about how CNKs knee is going? Will he play?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I'm sure it will be a game day decision.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

PigRickman wrote: April 25, 2019, 2:30 pm 10% of games means absolutely nothing, that ground isn’t up to scratch but of that 10% how many had any contribution from the surfaced?

Like a broken eye socket from a headclash isn’t surface related unless the headclass was caused by a player losing his footing

An acl sustained by contact is the same, where as an acl sustained without contact could be surface related

A blanket 10% means absolutely nothing and no reasonable conclusion can be drawn from it regarding the surface

That said Brookvale is absolutely a **** hole that should be bulldozed at the early possible convenience, preferably with the locals still inside
Dude, you've hurt my feelings. I'm a local.

Brookvale is in a safe LNP seat so despite Abbott making a variety of promises over the years, nothing much has happened.

There is a general incompetence about Manly Junior RL that I've experienced regularly for the last 5/6 years.

There's a stench in the area re rugby league that a new Brookvale Oval would help wipe away. I don't imagine I'll see it in my lifetime.

It's council property and you can walk your dog in there. Says it all really.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Brisbane Sea Eagles has a ring to it... a new stadium in brooky wouldn't need to be built
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

hrundi89 wrote: April 26, 2019, 2:38 pm
PigRickman wrote: April 25, 2019, 2:30 pm 10% of games means absolutely nothing, that ground isn’t up to scratch but of that 10% how many had any contribution from the surfaced?

Like a broken eye socket from a headclash isn’t surface related unless the headclass was caused by a player losing his footing

An acl sustained by contact is the same, where as an acl sustained without contact could be surface related

A blanket 10% means absolutely nothing and no reasonable conclusion can be drawn from it regarding the surface

That said Brookvale is absolutely a **** hole that should be bulldozed at the early possible convenience, preferably with the locals still inside
Dude, you've hurt my feelings. I'm a local.

Brookvale is in a safe LNP seat so despite Abbott making a variety of promises over the years, nothing much has happened.

There is a general incompetence about Manly Junior RL that I've experienced regularly for the last 5/6 years.

There's a stench in the area re rugby league that a new Brookvale Oval would help wipe away. I don't imagine I'll see it in my lifetime.

It's council property and you can walk your dog in there. Says it all really.
I really like you and your family, so we’ll make sure we evacuate you and your favourite... hmmm, 10... no 15 people from the local area

The rest gotta go
Bay 67
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Elliot Whitehead

Post by Bay 67 »

Sid wrote: April 26, 2019, 2:46 pm Brisbane Sea Eagles has a ring to it... a new stadium in brooky wouldn't need to be built
Wynnum-Manly becomes their feeder Queensland Cup side and bingo!
Raiders Lime, what they really drink in the dressing room.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker's career keeps going like a broken record

Jarrod Croker is on track to become the Canberra Raiders' longest serving captain. Records are a bit dicey, but it's believed he's only the third Raider captain to bring up the century behind Mal Meninga and Simon Woolford - although it's unclear how many Dean Lance skippered. Given Meninga played 166 games for Canberra, it means if Croker is in charge of another 67 then he'll definitely have gone past the NRL legend.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... en-record/

Unheralded Jarrod Croker on track for NRL legend status: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/croker-on- ... a77a58a0a2

Video: Hodgson: We need to be in the right mindset: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... t-mindset/

Tim Gavel: The reasons behind the Canberra Raiders success so far this season: https://aboutregional.com.au/the-reason ... is-season/

Koroisau keeping an eye on Hodgson this week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/26/kor ... this-week/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'I do it for them': Family drives Canberra Raiders recruit Ryan Sutton

Every drop of ink stretching around Ryan Sutton's right arm has a story to tell. What about the flowers crawling around his forearm? These ones are for family members that have passed away, and those watching from afar in England.

"I do it for them," Sutton says as his voice softens. "It's the first time I have been away from my family for this period of time, so there is definitely an incentive to push on and do it for them.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... an-sutton/
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Interesting discussion about the ANZAC clash and don’t disagree it would be good to get a piece of that action but wonder if that ship might have sailed. I feel like the Raiders might be better served finding their own annual calendar match.

The AFL do it well with Dreamtime at the G where there is a massive crowd taking part in the cultural event and walk to the MCG that would otherwise just be a standard home and away game.

Maybe the Raiders need to establish an annual multicultural clash where Canberra stadium becomes a mini version of the multicultural festival with traditional dance and food on sticks? Melbourne fancy themselves as being a multicultural lot - perhaps it’s an annual game against them?

What about inclusion round- I think we had the highest Yes vote - try to get 10 thousand people with rainbow flags to march from Braddon to Canberra Stadium for an annual game against the Roosters or Oxford St to Allianz in the away years.

Definitely good news if you can lock yourself in for a big traditional game each year like Charity shield or ANZAC etc. I reckon we need to find our own lock it in with another club and make it grow - ideally you want it to get to a stage it’s incentive enough for fans to make the away game trip both ways.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Billy Walker wrote:Interesting discussion about the ANZAC clash and don’t disagree it would be good to get a piece of that action but wonder if that ship might have sailed. I feel like the Raiders might be better served finding their own annual calendar match.

The AFL do it well with Dreamtime at the G where there is a massive crowd taking part in the cultural event and walk to the MCG that would otherwise just be a standard home and away game.

Maybe the Raiders need to establish an annual multicultural clash where Canberra stadium becomes a mini version of the multicultural festival with traditional dance and food on sticks? Melbourne fancy themselves as being a multicultural lot - perhaps it’s an annual game against them?

What about inclusion round- I think we had the highest Yes vote - try to get 10 thousand people with rainbow flags to march from Braddon to Canberra Stadium for an annual game against the Roosters or Oxford St to Allianz in the away years.

Definitely good news if you can lock yourself in for a big traditional game each year like Charity shield or ANZAC etc. I reckon we need to find our own lock it in with another club and make it grow - ideally you want it to get to a stage it’s incentive enough for fans to make the away game trip both ways.
Think there are some great ideas there. The biggest problem is getting the NRL to agree.

We could try for something with the bunnies for the indigenous round. We both have a strong heritage with indigenous players and could include png and fiji in it too

The rainbow one was good too but the NRL are having enough trouble not looking like hypocrites with white ribbon and women in league, dont think they are ready to tackle homaphobia!

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think the NRL has shown they are already ready to tackle homophobia. Macklemore at the 2017 Grand Final and their support for Same Sex Marriage. Who knows if the Raiders are prepared to though.
greeneyed
Don Furner

2019 Rd 7 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

#NRLManlyRaiders Canberra Raiders fans, if you can't make it to Brookvale Oval on Sunday, this might be fun! The Raiders on Mix call team will be broadcasting from Raiders Gungahlin on Sunday afternoon from 1:30pm! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr