Broncos 13+
No votes

Total votes: 12

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Re: 2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by raiderskater »

The penalty against Hodgson for the contest with Boyd was even more infuriating on replay and glad to hear the Fox Sports commentators call out on it. You've gotta be able to contest the ****ing ball. The same penalty would NOT have been blown the other way. Guaranteed.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

woppadingo wrote:couple of things about yesterdays game..

Penalty for shepherding about 18 minutes in, the Broncos defenders made a decision to go in and it should not have been a penalty.
The the penalty for interfering with Bird in the play of the ball, he steps off the mark and falls over himself, should never have been a penalty. Nikorima scores a try next set.
Broncos laying all over us every tackle, and holding on to the tackler when we tackle them. We should take a leaf out of their book for that.
Also another tactic I saw was a forward stepping up and diagonally blocking the markers from attacking the Broncos kicker.
Not to mention the occassional light speed of their line, I swear 5 metres was generous a number of times, and not a whistle in sight.

Also, on us...
Very few repeat sets, again seemingly going for a try on the 6th. We went away from last weeks game plan where we were camped on the try line for set after set.
Yeah that shepherd call was the first of the two ridiculous ones leading to their first try. Even the 9 commentators questioned that call. I guess it could have been much worse, we were playing #penaltybroncos

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

irvste wrote:Thanks guys inconsolable loss and didnt know if i should post here but wanted to give u guys another reason to be proud of our boys.. didnt think i could bleed greener but we were overwhelmed by their efforts. Josh and Jordan organised the arm bands off their own bat..we didnt find that out till ben told us at the signing session.. I know bella would have been stoked

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I have no words mate. Stay strong.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

irvste wrote:Thanks guys inconsolable loss and didnt know if i should post here but wanted to give u guys another reason to be proud of our boys.. didnt think i could bleed greener but we were overwhelmed by their efforts. Josh and Jordan organised the arm bands off their own bat..we didnt find that out till ben told us at the signing session.. I know bella would have been stoked

All the best to you and your family in the worst possible circumstances

Sent from my SM-G973F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Hear from Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart after the win over the Brisbane Broncos

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says his club will need to be "very smart" with recovery and preparation this week, after producing a "massive effort" to overcome the Brisbane Broncos at home. The fourth-straight win sees the Raiders cement third place on the NRL ladder.

Video: http://ow.ly/9hjB50rb6pp
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Lazarus presents Collins with debut jersey: The Raiders invited Raider no. 90 Glenn Lazarus into the sheds to formally present Raider no. 360 JJ Collins with his first Raiders jersey. Some truly inspiring words from the former Raiders enforcer: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ut-jersey/

Round 6 in the sheds: Roaming reporter Elliott Whitehead: Elliott Whitehead was in the sheds chatting to teammates after the Raider's Round 6 win over the Broncos in front of 17,000 fans on Sunday afternoon: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... whitehead/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Round 6 in the sheds: JJ Collins: Raiders TV caught up with JJ Collins after the young forward made his Club debut during the 26-22 win over the Broncos on Sunday afternoon: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... j-collins/

Round 6 in the sheds: Ryan Sutton: Ryan Sutton spoke to Raiders TV in the sheds following the win over the Broncos on Sunday afternoon. The English forward scored his first try for the Club during the 26-22 win: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... an-sutton/
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Haven't had the chance to read the full thread but just wanted to give a big wrap on Sammy Williams for putting in some big hits during the game. There was at least two moments where a Raider makes a massive contact on the Bronco ball runner and knocks them back flat, and we get surprised to see it was lil Sammy making the big hit.
Pretty sure one of them was on Darius on a kick chase.
Good to see that physicality from our little No. 7

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just re-watched the Nine version of Sunday's game. Even the Sydney commentators barrack for the Broncos... Phil Gould spent half the game advising the Broncos on what they need to do to now win the game... the other half telling them to get "Jimmy the Jet" onto the field and once he was on, how they needed to pass to "Jimmy the Jet". Infuriating.

Then at one stage, they're talking about how Hudson Young came from Maitland... the commentators say... well it's a lot warmer there than here. It was 23C on Sunday evening! Sydney people have a massive obsession with cold weather!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: April 23, 2019, 10:18 am Just re-watched the Nine version of Sunday's game. Even the Sydney commentators barrack for the Broncos... Phil Gould spent half the game advising the Broncos on what they need to do to now win the game... the other half telling them to get "Jimmy the Jet" onto the field and once he was on, how they needed to pass to "Jimmy the Jet". Infuriating.

Then at one stage, they're talking about how Hudson Young came from Maitland... the commentators say... well it's a lot warmer there than here. It was 23C on Sunday evening! Sydney people have a massive obsession with cold weather!
Its an easy talking point when youve done no homework on the actual team.
And how is wanting jimmy the jet on and getting the ball pro broncos? I was cheering for the same thing. Bloke is puss
Dont delete this GE
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2018 in review - Siliva Havili

Post by SeeBee101 »

Siliva Havili...

I think his new nickname should be wombat. Such a nuggety dude that's extremely hard to take down.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

greeneyed wrote: April 23, 2019, 10:18 am Just re-watched the Nine version of Sunday's game. Even the Sydney commentators barrack for the Broncos... Phil Gould spent half the game advising the Broncos on what they need to do to now win the game... the other half telling them to get "Jimmy the Jet" onto the field and once he was on, how they needed to pass to "Jimmy the Jet". Infuriating.

GE it even extended to the post-match interview with Toots where they asked him “were you worried when Jimmy the Jet came on??”

It was bizarre how hard they were focused on a bench back with a busted Achilles throughout the entire call!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rickmando wrote: April 23, 2019, 12:44 pm

GE it even extended to the post-match interview with Toots where they asked him “were you worried when Jimmy the Jet came on??”

It was bizarre how hard they were focused on a bench back with a busted Achilles throughout the entire call!
Noticed that too!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The NRL is dreadful in the way it promotes the competition beyond the Sydney/Brisbane sweetheart teams. In contrast the AFL at times is criticised for giving too many draft and other dispensations to non Victorian teams like Brisbane, GWS and Gold Coast to ensure they have every chance to succeed. It’s one thing non to support the raiders with helpful match schedules or the occasional TV game but it’s really unhelpful promoting Canberra as a cold miserable destination when it’s 23 degrees. No wonder we can only recruit from the depths of England and not sure where we go next when every other club jumps on that strategy.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fans... time to VOTE NOW for Joey Leilua!

Choose the NRL Try of the Week for Round 6 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/23/cho ... r-round-6/ via @NRL
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:

Noticed that too!
My 2 favourite pieces of commentry through channel 9 sports ears

Joey saying he was surprised how many green hats there were in the crowd

Phil gould calling jack "Jimmy wighton"

Vaccinated
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Mind you, it’s not just limited to our friends at 9... did any of you catch the parra game yesterday? Vossy couldn’t get through 30 seconds without talking about how good “the stadium” was!!! Sounded as though he was on commission!

Seriously, how hard is the job of calling football. The buffoons on both channels set a low bar
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

cat wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

Noticed that too!
My 2 favourite pieces of commentry through channel 9 sports ears

Joey saying he was surprised how many green hats there were in the crowd

Phil gould calling jack "Jimmy wighton"

Then Phil Gould explained to him... “they’re Raiders hats”. Image

It might have been more helpful to explain they are Raiders members caps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

It`s ok greeneyed,most of these commentators are ex players......not the smartest people around :D also Sydney is the only place that matters :rant
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Joey was just shocked because he didn't think the sun ever reached Canberra, therefore why would anyone even buy or sell or even know what a hat is here in Canberra, where jees it must be cold down on that sideline- turn it up you blokes- what the heater in our box- cue laughter or tortured "warm reception" pun.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

BadnMean wrote:Joey was just shocked because he didn't think the sun ever reached Canberra, therefore why would anyone even buy or sell or even know what a hat is here in Canberra, where jees it must be cold down on that sideline- turn it up you blokes- what the heater in our box- cue laughter or tortured "warm reception" pun.
There was a game a few years ago they argued for about 15 mins which way Yass was

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Graham Annesley rejects Anthony Seibold's offside concerns in Canberra's 'falcon' try:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... et7muw28xa
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders baby race: During half time our Sunday showdown against the Brisbane Broncos, the Club held their first ever baby race where the Club invited baby Members to participate. Baby Memberships are available through weareraiders.com.au

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... baby-race/

Thought this was the best half time event in a long time! Loved how the baby in the lead just decided to stop one blade of grass from the end!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Bring back the dog obstacles course, the Raiderettes and Reserve Grade that finishes 30 mins or so before firsts.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The gaps between the games are intolerably long. Horrifically long. And they're getting even longer!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I reckon catching a bomb in a milk carton would be good entertainment.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gallery: Around the Ground: Raiders v Broncos: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... v-broncos/
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

reptar wrote: April 24, 2019, 4:53 am I reckon catching a bomb in a milk carton would be good entertainment.
sounds good to me, I reckon the babies will be up to it.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

reptar wrote:I reckon catching a bomb in a milk carton would be good entertainment.
Whilst dodging bullets fired by the troops who beat the drums for the Viking clap.

But Reptar we all know how one lousy court case ruins the fun for spectators watching someone get maimed.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

BJ wrote:
reptar wrote:I reckon catching a bomb in a milk carton would be good entertainment.
Whilst dodging bullets fired by the troops who beat the drums for the Viking clap.

But Reptar we all know how one lousy court case ruins the fun for spectators watching someone get maimed.
Yes. Sadly. I'm reminded of The Games and John Clarke talking about clearing out sections of the main Olympic venue to host the shooting events. "Oh, you'll clear out those sections. At least those sections. But it never was a very convincing defence "I was shooting wildly above my head, your honour, when I suddenly noticed a large number of deceased people""
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote:
reptar wrote: April 24, 2019, 4:53 am I reckon catching a bomb in a milk carton would be good entertainment.
It's surprisingly difficult to catch a baby in a milk crate.

Unless I've misunderstood.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: April 24, 2019, 11:33 am
Sid wrote:

I’ve seen someone try and catch footballs in a milk crate and it looked very difficult and dangerous
The babies seems like a much safer option
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

PigRickman wrote: April 24, 2019, 12:17 pm
T_R wrote: April 24, 2019, 11:33 am
Sid wrote:

I’ve seen someone try and catch footballs in a milk crate and it looked very difficult and dangerous
The babies seems like a much safer option
Less movement through the air and bounce in the crate
Dont delete this GE