Broncos 13+
No votes

Total votes: 12

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Re: 2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by raiderskater »

Peter wrote: April 22, 2019, 9:18 am Wighton has a lot to learn that’s for sure. Love watching him hit in defence though.
That run down and tackle on the break was amazing. Didn't try and get clever, just ran him down then slammed him into the ground.

Speaking of hits, anyone got footage of the hit that got Horsburgh sent off for Mounties? It happened just before I arrived so I haven't seen it yet but common discussion seems to be that it was just a good hit.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Have to give a wrap to Collins. Wasn’t out there for long but had a dig and a couple of times made a really good and skillful play to retain possession and not make a mistake under pressure.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Hudson young added just what we needed too, pushed hard in defence around the ruck really tightened us up

Sent from my SM-G973F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

bonehead wrote: April 22, 2019, 9:56 am Hudson young added just what we needed too, pushed hard in defence around the ruck really tightened us up

Sent from my SM-G973F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Agreed. He’s done well so far. I have a feeling he’ll lose out to Murchie soon if Stuart is genuinely rotating some of his forwards so he doesn’t lose match fitness with 4+ weeks of 10-15 mins of footy.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

LastRaider wrote: April 22, 2019, 7:40 am
MrPosh wrote:I'd really like to see Williams and Wighton play first and second receiver, rather than left and right.

It plays to Williams' strengths as he can call more of the play and Wighton can attack the line wider out on both sides. It's bad enough for defences holding back thinking he might pass to Croker, but BJ running off him is frightening. It also gives Wighton a bit more space - his errors seem to come when he's hemmed in.

Also, it would allow Bateman to run back across the play rather than having to link to his centre - his lateral passing is the weakest part of his game.
I
I can see your angle, but I think Wighton just needs to play straighter. He is still running sweep plays like he was when he was full back and commencing this from first receiver is just crowding the back line.

If he straightens, it will suck the defense more in the middle and give the back line some space

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
I think Wighton needs to play more direct too (which I mentioned a few weeks back in another thread). When George Williams comes I would move Jack to the right to straighten him up. Plus George looks a gun left side player to me.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I thought Collins was pretty ordinary
Granted he didnt make any errors but he came on at a time where we needed fresh legs to push us forward and get some control back and he just got turtled too easily and the ensuing slow play the balls compounded their dominance

He was busy and solid defensively but I need my bench forwards giving a lot more punch in attack than he did
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

PigRickman wrote: April 22, 2019, 10:21 am I thought Collins was pretty ordinary
Granted he didnt make any errors but he came on at a time where we needed fresh legs to push us forward and get some control back and he just got turtled too easily and the ensuing slow play the balls compounded their dominance

He was busy and solid defensively but I need my bench forwards giving a lot more punch in attack than he did
Agree. In comparison I thought Hudson Young gave us a bit more. Both had very limited minutes though. Less than a quarter of the game on the field doesn't give you much chance to impress.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

PigRickman wrote: April 22, 2019, 10:21 am I thought Collins was pretty ordinary

Agreed. Though given he couldn't crack it for a game in that gun knights pack last year and was a reserve grader at the Tigers when they were a bottom 4 side it isn't that surprising. Surely Royce Hunt is a better bet than JJ
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

The black arm bands where for bella and we were cheering not so much for the win but that they could win for bella.. Cant begin to explain how good victor jarrod sam jack Jordan and her fav papa where with her in hospital and how caring after she passed.. Goes behond the game they play.. These are good young men

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

irvste... so sorry to hear of you and your family's loss.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

irvste wrote: April 22, 2019, 10:48 am The black arm bands where for bella and we were cheering not so much for the win but that they could win for bella.. Cant begin to explain how good victor jarrod sam jack Jordan and her fav papa where with her in hospital and how caring after she passed.. Goes behond the game they play.. These are good young men

I was wondering about the armbands, watching the Fox replay they just mentioned it, I'm so sorry irvste. Thoughts with you and your family.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

irvste wrote: April 22, 2019, 10:48 am The black arm bands where for bella and we were cheering not so much for the win but that they could win for bella.. Cant begin to explain how good victor jarrod sam jack Jordan and her fav papa where with her in hospital and how caring after she passed.. Goes behond the game they play.. These are good young men

Sorry for your loss irvste.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Papalii, Lui, Sutton, bateman, whitehead, soliola. They are all playing outstanding. I’m so impressed with our line speed and contact.
Anyone notice cecchins literal 10 for the broncos? They were allowed to step on the line and be 8m as the ball was played. Dodgy.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Agree with this. I think he might have got more game time if he was playing better. But the broncos started to get on top in the middle and Rick was quick to get Sutton back out there. Our middle immediately looked better in defence when he did.

Still early days for Collins but if we're worried about keeping the middle tight Young does a better job.
Lui has also improved his defence quite a bit this year. I would have been tempted to throw him out for a high energy second stint.
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

gergreg wrote:Just watched a replay and our kicking in general play needed to be better. Playing a young, energetic side like the Broncos - after we got that 10 point lead in the second half we needed to slow the game down a little. We were gassed and one of the kickers needed to put the ball out of play each set in the last 15 minutes.
CNK continues to impress and great to see the two new soap dodgers get tries.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I agree, was poor game management by our playmakers.

Some of the Bronco's tries looked too easy and was because out side was gassed

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Aero wrote:
gergreg wrote:Just watched a replay and our kicking in general play needed to be better. Playing a young, energetic side like the Broncos - after we got that 10 point lead in the second half we needed to slow the game down a little. We were gassed and one of the kickers needed to put the ball out of play each set in the last 15 minutes.
CNK continues to impress and great to see the two new soap dodgers get tries.

I agree, was poor game management by our playmakers.

Some of the Bronco's tries looked too easy and was because out side was gassed

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
At the ground it looked like we were getting dominated in the ruck - didn't look as noticeable on tv when I watched the replay. Broncos were offside or going early for the entire second half. It's all well and good for Ricky to have this rotation policy but if you're only using 2 players on your bench for 10 - 15 minutes per game it's going to take its toll on some of the forwards. But if we insist on that tactic then we need to slow the game up a little. It's not an easy skill but one of the characteristics of the really good sides/players - they control the tempo of the game.

I think it was cat above (?) that gave Sutton a wrap. I thought he was very good yesterday. He looked out on his feet at stages there, down on his haunches and looking to the sideline but lifted his chin and kept going. Reminded me of Whitehead in his first few games with us.

So good to beat the Broncos. I thought they were pretty good really. They were on top until the 40/20 changed the game. Then that Haas mistackle with McCullough (I think it was just inside him) being a bit lazy, let Bateman in. The Sutton try was dubious but I thought those two penalties leading to their first try were ridiculous. The other offside penalty against BJ in the second half when Bird dropped it cold was also a joke.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This from the Broncos forum..this guys had enough !!!

It is utterly embarrassing as a fan to be sitting where we are on the ladder.
- we have a $27mil facility
- we make the most $$$ of any club in the NRL
- WE GET THE BEST TURNAROUNDS IN THE LEAGUE..(my fav :lol: )
- we are a one team town

It's pathetic..14th on the ladder is not acceptable. This team is not acceptable. Every person in this organisation needs a good hard looking at themselves. 2019 is done and it's beyond dissapointing.

I have now confirmed Darius is the worst captain in this clubs history. I'd be happy for us to subsidise 99.9% of his ridiculous salary to play at Souths.

Now..firstly... :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

And second.. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

I bet this dude is still in the fetal position...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Talk out of Brisbane was that they were very confident about winning that game. They were coming off a 10 day turnaround and had been copping a hammering in the media. I can’t recall the last time that Broncos have lost 4 games in a row. But jeez it is a good time to be in Brisbane!

On another note I have to highlight the effort from Darius on our short side kick. It has become a habit of his to just play it over the sideline. It has to be due to dodgy hamstrings but I would be scathing as a supporter that once again he wasn’t willing to put his body on the line. I think any other fullback in the comp catches that ball and plenty would be strong enough to stay in the field of play.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

-PJ- wrote:This from the Broncos forum..this guys had enough !!!

It is utterly embarrassing as a fan to be sitting where we are on the ladder.
- we have a $27mil facility
- we make the most $$$ of any club in the NRL
- WE GET THE BEST TURNAROUNDS IN THE LEAGUE..(my fav :lol: )
- we are a one team town

It's pathetic..14th on the ladder is not acceptable. This team is not acceptable. Every person in this organisation needs a good hard looking at themselves. 2019 is done and it's beyond dissapointing.

I have now confirmed Darius is the worst captain in this clubs history. I'd be happy for us to subsidise 99.9% of his ridiculous salary to play at Souths.

Now..firstly... :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

And second.. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

I bet this dude is still in the fetal position...
Would you believe that pregame they were talking about Williams of Sezer as potential targets to play halfback for them....

Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Sezer would be great for them. It’s incredible they haven’t done something like that sooner. As if it’s too obvious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Round 6 Moment of the week: Wighton 40/20: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... hton-4020/

Raiders.com.au competition: Round 6 Man of the Match vote: https://www.raiders.com.au/competitions ... vote-motm/
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

They talked about this on the telecast and how close the boys had gotten with her
Terribly sorry for your loss
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RTW wrote: April 22, 2019, 12:58 pm Talk out of Brisbane was that they were very confident about winning that game. They were coming off a 10 day turnaround and had been copping a hammering in the media. I can’t recall the last time that Broncos have lost 4 games in a row. But jeez it is a good time to be in Brisbane!

On another note I have to highlight the effort from Darius on our short side kick. It has become a habit of his to just play it over the sideline. It has to be due to dodgy hamstrings but I would be scathing as a supporter that once again he wasn’t willing to put his body on the line. I think any other fullback in the comp catches that ball and plenty would be strong enough to stay in the field of play.

I couldn't believe the lack of commitment there either- it was quite glaring. I was fairly confident from then on that if it got close, he wouldn't be inspiring anything to happen. It just looked flat out like their captain wasn't willing to put his body on the line or even have a go. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Compared to the courage of CNK or desperation of Havilli, even Wighton somehow ending up 6' up in the air, completely parallel to the ground and missing the ball with everything except his face, well I couldn't fault his effort :roflmao
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: April 21, 2019, 10:45 pm I raised it before. But I’ll keep the superstition up by mentioning it.

Dunamis Lui again with zero errors for the game and the entire season so far, and just 1 more missed tackle to add to his very safe season.

Havilli also very good off the bench.
Lui had some starch in his defence yesterday too. A couple of times I was congratulating Papa for the solid hit but ut was Lui under there.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

EJ wrote: April 21, 2019, 11:04 pm I just wanted to come in and highlight Simple Jack's falcon try-assist again. I rewound that multiple times and my abs got a great workout.

He head-butted his own kick!!! And we scored off it! :roflmao
Billy Walker wrote: April 21, 2019, 10:56 pm Pre season I was questioning whether Sia might have hung around a year too long but he is smashing it.
Mate, people have been saying that about Sia for 3 years now.
I definitely was when we were trying to play him on the edge and sometimes makeshift middle.

Now he's all middle he added a bit of bulk and has just been given the Jeff Lima game plan and it is wonderful.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sorry for your loss irvste.

Glad the Raiders found the win for her.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Anyone have a good Raiders Broncos meme I can make the desktop on works computers to really rile up my coworkers?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Heart felt condolences to you and your family. Thank you for sharing what the Raider players actions have meant to you.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

Thanks guys inconsolable loss and didnt know if i should post here but wanted to give u guys another reason to be proud of our boys.. didnt think i could bleed greener but we were overwhelmed by their efforts. Josh and Jordan organised the arm bands off their own bat..we didnt find that out till ben told us at the signing session.. I know bella would have been stoked

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Go vote for the Raiders for the Big League Wrap Team of the Week on the Fox League Facebook Page: http://ow.ly/swFI50r8UuP

Or you can vote on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FOXNRL/status/1120171618133614593
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VOTE now for your favourite Canberra Raiders!

Choose who should be in NRL Team of the Week: Round 6 - Vote now: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/22/cho ... k-round-6/ via @NRL
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

couple of things about yesterdays game..

Penalty for shepherding about 18 minutes in, the Broncos defenders made a decision to go in and it should not have been a penalty.
The the penalty for interfering with Bird in the play of the ball, he steps off the mark and falls over himself, should never have been a penalty. Nikorima scores a try next set.
Broncos laying all over us every tackle, and holding on to the tackler when we tackle them. We should take a leaf out of their book for that.
Also another tactic I saw was a forward stepping up and diagonally blocking the markers from attacking the Broncos kicker.
Not to mention the occassional light speed of their line, I swear 5 metres was generous a number of times, and not a whistle in sight.

Also, on us...
Very few repeat sets, again seemingly going for a try on the 6th. We went away from last weeks game plan where we were camped on the try line for set after set.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

irvste wrote: April 22, 2019, 4:37 pm Thanks guys inconsolable loss and didnt know if i should post here but wanted to give u guys another reason to be proud of our boys.. didnt think i could bleed greener but we were overwhelmed by their efforts. Josh and Jordan organised the arm bands off their own bat..we didnt find that out till ben told us at the signing session.. I know bella would have been stoked

this brings a tear to my eye. condolences. And thank you x
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

woppadingo wrote: April 22, 2019, 8:43 pm couple of things about yesterdays game..

Penalty for shepherding about 18 minutes in, the Broncos defenders made a decision to go in and it should not have been a penalty.
The the penalty for interfering with Bird in the play of the ball, he steps off the mark and falls over himself, should never have been a penalty. Nikorima scores a try next set.
Broncos laying all over us every tackle, and holding on to the tackler when we tackle them. We should take a leaf out of their book for that.
Also another tactic I saw was a forward stepping up and diagonally blocking the markers from attacking the Broncos kicker.
Not to mention the occassional light speed of their line, I swear 5 metres was generous a number of times, and not a whistle in sight.

Also, on us...
Very few repeat sets, again seemingly going for a try on the 6th. We went away from last weeks game plan where we were camped on the try line for set after set.
Agree with much of that.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

In relation to the officials, we need to be much better at our play the balls. We’re getting heaps of quick ones but we could be pinged for a lot for just rolling them with no foot. If you watch the replay look out for it. That Bird penalty was the worst play the ball in the entire match and he somehow dragged a penalty but we were horrible in this area. It will bite us when we least want it to if we don’t address it.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.