Broncos 13+
No votes

Total votes: 12

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

If BJ could turn out a game like that each week he would be the best centre in the game and would leave Latrell and Peachy for dead. He just needs to keep it simple and keep running over people. Forget the low percentage offloads and the 5th tackle dummy half run and just play like he did today.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Begbie wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:27 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:18 pm
-PJ- wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:09 pm I'm dirty we didn't win by the required 7pts to sit atop the ladder..

All these wins are great..that was tight.

But..eventually were gunna drop one and this place will be out of control.

We had blokes on here death riding our boys before kickoff..

Well.. We won again and I'm damn happy.
Winning is great but beyond that the team is having a real crack and showing signs they could step up. I actually said at half time as much as I wanted them to go on with it, even if they did clock off I was still happy with what they showed in that first half. Still plenty to work on but Sticky would have to be happy with how it’s coming together at this stage.
Just watching Contreversy Corner, Toovey reckons are centres are no good and the wheels are going to fall off, Harrigan doesn't rate us either. Sportsbet have Manly as favourites next week - we havn't sold many yet. Good to have five under the belt but even better that there is still plenty of improvement to come. Bateman and Sutton to get even better.
Good
**** em
They don’t know what the **** they’re talking about

They can have their little opinion but imagine putting it on record that our centres aren’t good
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Billy Walker wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:31 pm If BJ could turn out a game like that each week he would be the best centre in the game and would leave Latrell and Peachy for dead. He just needs to keep it simple and keep running over people. Forget the low percentage offloads and the 5th tackle dummy half run and just play like he did today.
I'm pretty sure BJ has won Dally M centre of the year twice in the last 3-4 years..

He's got that bulldog in him..

Ya get what ya get win BJ.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:
PigRickman wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:15 pm
gangrenous wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:40 pm I think the only thing stopping us being premiership contenders at present is there are still a lot of dumb decisions.
Even if we eliminated all of that, we're still very limited in the red zone, we have Hodgson who's decision making can be shakey, and then 2 (3) halves and a fullback who arent creative or skilled ball players... The ceiling is basically this unless Sezer/Williams picks it up in a serious way, or Wighton/CNK takes a huge ball playing leap

Our short kicking game is also very inconsistent.
'give the ball to BJ or Toots' works OK in the red zone.
Yeah I’m actually fine with this approach. I think as long as the Raiders hold their heads, they’ll have the chances and I’ll back they’ll find a way.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I feel like there are more pages of posts on here when the raiders put in a stinker than when they have a cracker - not sure what that says.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Need to watch a replay but I'm pretty happy with the performance. We looked off tonight and could so easily have lost that game. They carved us up pretty badly but we still had enough to win. We lose that game convincingly in years gone by.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Billy Walker wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:36 pm I feel like there are more pages of posts on here when the raiders put in a stinker than when they have a cracker - not sure what that says.
Big crowd today
Long weekend, I’d say lots of people not active online is the key

But the old customer service rule holds try, if you walk away happy, you’ll tell 3 people, if you walk away unhappy, you’ll tell 10

There is a reason why this place does its most traffic when an off the field issue hits
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

Yeah people are always much more likely to get stuck in over compliment.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Begbie wrote:
-PJ- wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:09 pm I'm dirty we didn't win by the required 7pts to sit atop the ladder..

Winning is great but beyond that the team is having a real crack and showing signs they could step up. I actually said at half time as much as I wanted them to go on with it, even if they did clock off I was still happy with what they showed in that first half. Still plenty to work on but Sticky would have to be happy with how it’s coming together at this stage.
Just watching Contreversy Corner, Toovey reckons are centres are no good and the wheels are going to fall off, Harrigan doesn't rate us either. Sportsbet have Manly as favourites next week - we havn't sold many yet. Good to have five under the belt but even better that there is still plenty of improvement to come. Bateman and Sutton to get even better.
Wests Tigers were 5-1 last year and missed the finals

I'm a bit worried about the next couple of games, there were a few chinks in the armour today

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

gangrenous wrote: April 21, 2019, 4:38 pm Top defence from Williams in that set
I was happy with his defence the whole game.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The best part..

Broncos 1/5

Delicious...
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Jeez Bill Harrigan and Toovey dont rate us do they.... Bill reckons dragons are better than us (HA!) and tooves is waiting for us to choke.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Nothing I’ve seen this round has convinced me that Raiders or Rabbitohs are as good as storm or roosters despite all 4 being on equal wins and rabbits beating roosters back in round 1. Still though right now I’ll bloody well take being best of the rest
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Really happy with Williams defense this game. Put on some solid hits and held the shape.
That was a terrible decision by Wighton for their first try. Couldn't get anymore rocks and diamonds if he tried.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

PigRickman wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:40 pm
Billy Walker wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:36 pm I feel like there are more pages of posts on here when the raiders put in a stinker than when they have a cracker - not sure what that says.
Big crowd today
Long weekend, I’d say lots of people not active online is the key

But the old customer service rule holds try, if you walk away happy, you’ll tell 3 people, if you walk away unhappy, you’ll tell 10

There is a reason why this place does its most traffic when an off the field issue hits
Plus there's no controversial part of the game causing an argument.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

reptar wrote:Does anyone know which day the winner is announced? Asking for gangers.
Pretty sure it’s Tuesday, or whatever day team list Tuesday is announced.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Really enjoyed Ricky 's press conference

Loved his little dig at the NRL scheduling and a comment about the quality of the field at Brookvale

Also when they asked him did he feel for the Broncos he replied " did they feel for me last year?"

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:
reptar wrote:Does anyone know which day the winner is announced? Asking for gangers.
Pretty sure it’s Tuesday, or whatever day team list Tuesday is announced.
I look forward to it!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

gangrenous wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:40 pm I think the only thing stopping us being premiership contenders at present is there are still a lot of dumb decisions.
Even if we eliminated all of that, we're still very limited in the red zone, we have Hodgson who's decision making can be shakey, and then 2 (3) halves and a fullback who arent creative or skilled ball players... The ceiling is basically this unless Sezer/Williams picks it up in a serious way, or Wighton/CNK takes a huge ball playing leap

the ceiling is 5-1 and a win on our (physically) off week? I can handle that. That was the loss we had to have, but we won.

imo the criticism of our halves is mostly unwarranted. They are getting the ball where it is needed well enough... We got around their up and in defence a few times to make big yardage (before Joey's try a standout). And we scored 26 points.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

cat wrote:Really enjoyed Ricky 's press conference

Loved his little dig at the NRL scheduling and a comment about the quality of the field at Brookvale

Also when they asked him did he feel for the Broncos he replied " did they feel for me last year?"

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I’m with Ricky! **** the donkeys forever and especially today!

They played very well tonight. Completed, made good metres, kicked well. We just got the job done and took the limited chances that we had.

There’s plenty of development in this team and the fact that we got done by 2 massive overlaps proves we can be a lot better but it’s always better to win when you know you can be better than lose and for the last 2 years we’ve been losing these kinds of games and also games where we were clearly the better team.

I much prefer this raiders team to the last 2 years.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

He'll always be McCrone-esque.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Boomercm wrote: April 21, 2019, 8:08 pm

the ceiling is 5-1 and a win on our (physically) off week? I can handle that. That was the loss we had to have, but we won.

imo the criticism of our halves is mostly unwarranted. They are getting the ball where it is needed well enough... We got around their up and in defence a few times to make big yardage (before Joey's try a standout). And we scored 26 points.
The ceiling I speak of is clearly being a step below the only two teams that matter this year
The storm and roosters

This sort of football will take us a looooooong way, but we do need some creativity in our ball playing to go all the way imo
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Wests Tigers were 5-1 last year and missed the finals

I'm a bit worried about the next couple of games, there were a few chinks in the armour today

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Glad you bought this up, Tim. I was thinking it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I hope Darren Lockyer is ok tonight..

And I'm watching the next ep of Queenslanders only to see Parker, Hodges and Tallis whinge...

What a great day..

#eatitbroncs
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

Did someone try to pull CNK’s head off tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Sid wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:57 pm Nothing I’ve seen this round has convinced me that Raiders or Rabbitohs are as good as storm or roosters despite all 4 being on equal wins and rabbits beating roosters back in round 1. Still though right now I’ll bloody well take being best of the rest
Yep - can’t kid ourselves that we there yet but sitting nicely and seem to be improving. Feel like we are getting a bit of depth in the squad with young guys getting a good crack. It didn’t hurt in 2016 when we picked up Paulo mid season - be good to get a high quality signing on top of this squad.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

El_Capitano wrote: April 21, 2019, 8:18 pm Did someone try to pull CNK’s head off tonight?

Nah I think thats just his usual unfortunate look.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I have been saying for about 12 months now that the NRL comp is so tight that there really isn't that much between most the teams. In most cases the team that turns up with the most intent and desire will win that battle. Even a fortnight ago the Dogs who are the worst side in the comp almost turned over Melbourne in Melbourne because of their desperation and intent that they brought to the contest. If you're a punter or in a tipping comp you'll probably see a pattern that the more desperate team wins the match. Which brings me to my point. Ricky and the team realised that the Broncos were already at that desperate breaking point and were coming here for an ambush and we saw it coming. The Broncos had more intent and will for most parts of that game and I thought we tried to match it but the energy we'd put into the opening 5 rounds and them on the longer turnaround was going to be the difference. But somehow we bucked the trend and found a way to win. How refreshing is that? To my eyes we looked absolutely buckled at the 10-15 minute mark of the 2nd half and then again after the Oates try, but we dug in and whilst the attack is clunky as hell, individuals mucked in to find a way with the ball. That's the big difference this year so far. We're not polished by any measure and the team is defending well as a unit but attacking as individuals. We've got the physicality and talent in the side but mentally we're finally catching up and I think in the opening 6 weeks they've really gone up a gear when the game is in the balance to avoid the close losses of the past. And one of the interesting things as well for me is the 3 newest recruits are sticking their hands up as much as anyone when the game is on the line, Bateman, CNK and Sutton have been noticeably rolling their sleeves up to drag us along when the points are on the line.

So far so good people. I don't want to jinx the old footy code of only taking it a week at a time but if we can keep going against Manly and Penrith in the coming weeks we're not that far off Origin where we should be less affected by most based on our recruitment strategy.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins

Post by El_Capitano »

Billy Walker wrote:
El_Capitano wrote: April 21, 2019, 8:18 pm Did someone try to pull CNK’s head off tonight?

Nah someone definitely tried to pull his head off!

How soon IS now?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Billy Walker wrote:

My wife calls him Samari Pizza Cat

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Some good stuff in there Woodgers..

The boys are definately fit this time around and as we've heard all off season they've focused on D.

If you make a commitment/pact to tackle your **** off and hate letting teammates down this is what you get.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

dubby wrote: April 21, 2019, 8:30 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

Hahaha - not sure what that even means but it suits him.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by Sid »

that was Raiders worst performance of the year so far, particularly when you look at the plays where the opposition had a ridiculous amount of people on the overlap. I’m damn glad they came out of this one with the win though
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Billy Walker wrote:
dubby wrote: April 21, 2019, 8:30 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

Hahaha - not sure what that even means but it suits him.
It's my wifey relating his samari hairdo with some random 90s cartoon I'd never heard of.

But I've taken to yelling out "GO PIZZA CAT" when he has a run

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Sid wrote: April 21, 2019, 8:33 pm that was Raiders worst performance of the year so far, particularly when you look at the plays where the opposition had a ridiculous amount of people on the overlap. I’m damn glad they came out of this one with the win though
Can’t agree with you on that one Sid. I thought the Broncs threw everything at us and we dug deep. I had it up there as the best effort in a long time. The defence looked stronger against Parra but they threw nothing at us. I thought that was a top effort.