Total votes: 12

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Game Day

Post by dubby »

Wighton is McCrone mark 2

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:Heart stopped
According to my Fitbit my bpm was 123 in the last few minutes

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Is CNK injured??
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

3 or 4 weeks ago CKN would have been considered very replaceable if he copped a bad injury but in short time he has become a key player. Hodgson would be the biggest injury loss for me with Bateman, Papa and Whitehead next and CNK not far behind.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Toviii wrote:Funny how Wighton’s 40:20 completely changes the course of that game

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Absolutely. It was a huge, huge moment in the game.
And then he did all he could to lose it for us.
He's by far the most frustrating player we've had for years.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

it speaks volumes to how this team is built that it's winning when our halves basically average 0-1 TA per game collectively.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Come on mate you are forgetting Jacks work setting up Sutton
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

The way we are playing is not sustainable for 26 rounds. The line speed and physicality we have played with looked to catch up with us. We looked tired after 30min. But the boys found something.

Kind of makes sense now why Ricky has been rotating some of the younger forwards and keeping them fresh. We will need it if we want to play like this all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:22 pm
Toviii wrote:Funny how Wighton’s 40:20 completely changes the course of that game

Absolutely. It was a huge, huge moment in the game.
And then he did all he could to lose it for us.
He's by far the most frustrating player we've had for years.
That kick was at least 50% **** but the fact he's got that sort of kick in him is why we need him kicking long most of the time. Sam was setting them up on their own 30 and 40 every time.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pete Cash wrote:Come on mate you are forgetting Jacks work setting up Sutton
I haven't decided if that's in the positive column or the negative one Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

roneel78 wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:29 pm The way we are playing is not sustainable for 26 rounds. The line speed and physicality we have played with looked to catch up with us. We looked tired after 30min. But the boys found something.

Kind of makes sense now why Ricky has been rotating some of the younger forwards and keeping them fresh. We will need it if we want to play like this all year.

The Broncos had a 10 day turnaround which would've helped.

You're definitely right though, how Ricky gets us back up after a down period will be a huge test for him.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Reckon thats 2 weeks in a row Wighton has been equal parts our best and worst player. Get those clangers out of his game and he'll be smashing it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

roneel78 wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:29 pm The way we are playing is not sustainable for 26 rounds. The line speed and physicality we have played with looked to catch up with us. We looked tired after 30min. But the boys found something.

I think there needs to be a lot of improvement in many areas for us to be premiers but for the first time in a long time I believe the improvement is possible. We are in a great place doing a lot right and if think keep improving and going our way we might go ok come finals. Looooong way to go but very happy both with where we sit and how we are shaping up.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Couldn’t recall that off the top of my head
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

edwahu wrote:

The Broncos had a 10 day turnaround which would've helped.

You're definitely right though, how Ricky gets us back up after a down period will be a huge test for him.
Image true. It was more an observation cause we bashed Parra last week, so physical. I was expecting that to catch up in this game regardless of turnaround times.

Still bloody enjoyable to watch them play this way

Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Wighton is improving a bit each week, he had some better runs this week, some brilliant moments, and a few bad drops. I'm happy to stick with him as it's easier to get the **** out of his current game then expect brilliance from Williams or Sezer (at least more than once a month).
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I think the only thing stopping us being premiership contenders at present is there are still a lot of dumb decisions.
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

gangrenous wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:40 pm I think the only thing stopping us being premiership contenders at present is there are still a lot of dumb decisions.
I'm also still questioning a lot of our consistently silly tactical moves. We should have kicked for touch at least once in the second half and certainly in the last ten minutes. That and Ricky's insane "save one bench player for the final 13 minutes no matter what" move, which has yet to pay off in any way, needs to go. Our bench rotation plan never seems to have much movement in it based on how the game is playing out :(
Last edited by Ultima on April 21, 2019, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

Couldn’t agree more !! The effort, intensity, the line speed will be hard to keep up for 24 games.
But one thing that surprised me is that with 12-13min to go apparently we had only made 6 substitutions which obviously means our fitness levels are crazy !!
So glad we have such a more mobile pack then in previous years
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

Westsydneyraider wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:43 pm

Couldn’t agree more !! The effort, intensity, the line speed will be hard to keep up for 24 games.
But one thing that surprised me is that with 12-13min to go apparently we had only made 6 substitutions which obviously means our fitness levels are crazy !!
So glad we have such a more mobile pack then in previous years
Another highlight of the problem though, what are we saving them for? Stuart realises we can't save them up for the finals right?
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Well well well. Its been many many years since i have poured my self a lovely twinings got the little lady to whip up some scones and just sat down to watch a raiders game without feeling extreme rage prior to even the kick off. I really am enjoying tea and scone atm.
This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:37 pm
Couldn’t recall that off the top of my head
nice
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Question wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:47 pm Well well well. Its been many many years since i have poured my self a lovely twinings got the little lady to whip up some scones and just sat down to watch a raiders game without feeling extreme rage prior to even the kick off. I really am enjoying tea and scone atm.
Good to see you back. Would hate to see you at full time after a close match last year, if you were already in extreme rage before the match!
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Does anyone know which day the winner is announced? Asking for gangers.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm dirty we didn't win by the required 7pts to sit atop the ladder..

All these wins are great..that was tight.

But..eventually were gunna drop one and this place will be out of control.

We had blokes on here death riding our boys before kickoff..

Well.. We won again and I'm damn happy.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: April 21, 2019, 6:40 pm I think the only thing stopping us being premiership contenders at present is there are still a lot of dumb decisions.
Even if we eliminated all of that, we're still very limited in the red zone, we have Hodgson who's decision making can be shakey, and then 2 (3) halves and a fullback who arent creative or skilled ball players... The ceiling is basically this unless Sezer/Williams picks it up in a serious way, or Wighton/CNK takes a huge ball playing leap

Our short kicking game is also very inconsistent.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-PJ- wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:09 pm I'm dirty we didn't win by the required 7pts to sit atop the ladder..

Winning is great but beyond that the team is having a real crack and showing signs they could step up. I actually said at half time as much as I wanted them to go on with it, even if they did clock off I was still happy with what they showed in that first half. Still plenty to work on but Sticky would have to be happy with how it’s coming together at this stage.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Meanwhile, does anyone know where we can get the shirt Stick was wearing? That was nice

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

PigRickman wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:15 pm
Even if we eliminated all of that, we're still very limited in the red zone, we have Hodgson who's decision making can be shakey, and then 2 (3) halves and a fullback who arent creative or skilled ball players... The ceiling is basically this unless Sezer/Williams picks it up in a serious way, or Wighton/CNK takes a huge ball playing leap

I don’t disagree with any of that Piggy but when you get on a roll and confidence is high things happen. Jack is still making dumb errors but there are better signs. CKN hasn’t shown much a pass game yet but it may come. There is a long season of injuries, suspensions and form variations ahead but rather be 5-1 than 1-5. I’m probably a bit of a hard judge of the raiders but I’m liking what I’m seeing.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I hope Darren Lockyer is ok tonight ?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

PigRickman wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:15 pm

'give the ball to BJ or Toots' works OK in the red zone.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

The offloads we were throwing inside our own 20 immediately after going 10 up with 12 to go was infuriating.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Billy Walker wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:18 pm
-PJ- wrote: April 21, 2019, 7:09 pm I'm dirty we didn't win by the required 7pts to sit atop the ladder..

Winning is great but beyond that the team is having a real crack and showing signs they could step up. I actually said at half time as much as I wanted them to go on with it, even if they did clock off I was still happy with what they showed in that first half. Still plenty to work on but Sticky would have to be happy with how it’s coming together at this stage.
Just watching Contreversy Corner, Toovey reckons are centres are no good and the wheels are going to fall off, Harrigan doesn't rate us either. Sportsbet have Manly as favourites next week - we havn't sold many yet. Good to have five under the belt but even better that there is still plenty of improvement to come. Bateman and Sutton to get even better.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

When CHuNK went down I was thinking short term about a reshuffle and long term about who's playing #1 next week and for the rest of the year...

He's been fantastic, so reliable.

Bateman, BJ were very good.

Papa continues to do the dirty, hard hit ups..

And JACKYBIO...you're making my head spin bro.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Glad to hear Harrigan doesn’t rate us. The man has no idea.