5%
Broncos 13+
No votes

Total votes: 22

EJ
David Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by EJ »

Daaaaamn. This is going to end in tears.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

RedRaider wrote: April 19, 2019, 10:05 pm I think it's 8+ for first spot.

Having said that, it's the 2 competition points we need to focus on. Not the ladder position. If it happens it happens
Both storm and roosters are on 59+ we are on 53 so a 6 point win would have us equal on for and against.

After a little research I think if we get a 6 point win we would go to the top of the ladder due to our for and against percentage.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

EJ wrote: April 19, 2019, 10:08 pm Daaaaamn. This is going to end in tears.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yep, it feels like that ay
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The stars are all aligning and we are all set to get beat by the Broncos (Milford MOTM) and this place to go into meltdown mode

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

You don't win the premiership in April.

But you can lose it.

Good start by the boys. It'll be interesting to see how they pwrform against a quality and desperate team, with the weight of expectation on them.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Just saw my football, promotion chasing team Leeds lose against a 10 man relegation battling team at home, after being 1-0 up. So now, nothing in sport is a given. We have to aim up big time otherwise we're gonna be in for a shock. Hope there is no complacency about.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I keep getting confused what day it is! Sunday games are a long wait!

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Haha. I'm in South America at the moment where its still Friday. Ive been agonising over finding the updated team sheet to see if Roberts is playing and to see if sezer is turning out for mounties.. And it's just occurred to me that I'm getting ahead of myself as well..
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

2019 Rd 6 V Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Sid »

Reports are that Roberts has been training with the first grade squad, just a matter of whether it is he or kotoni staggs that starts on the bench with Shibasaki to make way
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Who cares if Roberts plays ?

Not me, I don't care, not bothered either way, couldn't give a hoot, little interest, don't care...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I would rather Roberts over Staggs.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Roberts has been Crokers bunny for years. I hope he plays.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Papalii holding off the Easter eggs till the Canberra Raiders bring home the chocolates

Josh Papalii is adamant the Raiders are focused on one game at a time. To prove it, he will hold off digging into his stash of Easter eggs until the side brings home the chocolates on Sunday.

“I think everyone is a bit hungrier this year,” he said. “With the last two disappointing seasons we have had, I think it is really pushing the club as a whole. But it’s only round six and we haven’t really achieved anything. It is still early times and things can change.”

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/josh-papalii-ho ... tes/297542

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold plans to inject James Roberts off the bench in the second half against the Canberra Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/20/jim ... t-raiders/

Darren Lockyer on young Broncos forward pack: "Everyone can see there is upside for the future but with young kids you get inconsistencies. They are not seasoned pros yet. That will take time, but most people watching can see that there is talent there." https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/20/the ... -forwards/
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I don’t reckon Roberts will come on for staggs, might have more of a roving role like Morgan does when he comes on for qld, but not as good
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: April 20, 2019, 3:06 pm Josh Papalii holding off the Easter eggs till the Canberra Raiders bring home the chocolates

Josh Papalii is adamant the Raiders are focused on one game at a time. To prove it, he will hold off digging into his stash of Easter eggs until the side brings home the chocolates on Sunday.

“I think everyone is a bit hungrier this year,” he said. “With the last two disappointing seasons we have had, I think it is really pushing the club as a whole. But it’s only round six and we haven’t really achieved anything. It is still early times and things can change.”

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold plans to inject James Roberts off the bench in the second half against the Canberra Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/20/jim ... t-raiders/

Darren Lockyer on young Broncos forward pack: "Everyone can see there is upside for the future but with young kids you get inconsistencies. They are not seasoned pros yet. That will take time, but most people watching can see that there is talent there." https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/20/the ... -forwards/
Lockyer...who cares ???
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Ch9 game..Lockyer calling..sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sezer and Horsburgh cut for the Raiders, Mago and Kennar cut for the Broncos, Roberts expected to be included in top 17 for Brisbane: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33333&p=1651477#p1651477
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Sid wrote: April 20, 2019, 3:34 pm I don’t reckon Roberts will come on for staggs, might have more of a roving role like Morgan does when he comes on for qld, but not as good
Roberts will come on for Darius after he stands there flapping his arms when Wighton waltzes past him to bring up the hatrick.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad speaks about the clash with the Broncos

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad says the team is focusing on their own game in preparation for Sunday's home clash with the Brisbane Broncos, WIN News Canberra reports.

Video: http://ow.ly/CUvY50qXWWF
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote:Ch9 game..Lockyer calling..sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
It's almost like he bloody runs the Broncos these days?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It's all in the name for emerging Canberra Raiders forward JJ Collins

JJ Collins will never forget the sound of his mother in tears on the other end of the phone. She was proud he had changed his surname to that of his mother.

"It would definitely be good to have [mum] down for a game, it's always good seeing her come down to watch as many games as she can," Collins said. "For her to come down and watch a game of mine, NSW Cup or NRL, it's always special for me."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders five-eighth Jack Wighton working on his bag of tricks

Piece by piece, Canberra Raiders five-eighth Jack Wighton is expanding his bag of tricks - with the help with one of the best playmakers the game's ever had.

"I've noticed little things in Jack's game that are starting to improve and develop, and little things I want to keep trying to slowly introduce into Jack's game. At the back end of the season he will find himself very, very comfortable into the role," Ricky Stuart said.

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Sid wrote: April 20, 2019, 3:34 pm I don’t reckon Roberts will come on for staggs, might have more of a roving role like Morgan does when he comes on for qld, but not as good
Hmm like a floating second FB/support player in attack + dummy half runs if we are backpedalling. Well it's something new to throw at a defence. They could try to pick our right side apart by having him sniff around there for offloads and run their play at Williams to see if he shoots out.

Darius runs sweeps on the other side.

Sounds like a way to cover for having two halves who can't structure an attack.

Could also just gum up their attack with confusion.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm feelin it dudes..a win that is..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: April 20, 2019, 3:06 pm Josh Papalii holding off the Easter eggs till the Canberra Raiders bring home the chocolates

That last bit..the Darren Lockyer bit..

Read it..and vomited !!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Jarrod Croker happy to be anything but centre of attention

When Jarrod Croker hands over his white headgear to young fans after Canberra games, he often gets a blank look in response.

"I've given the headgear over and you can tell these kids are just thinking, 'who the hell is this bloke – he isn't Johnathan Thurston'," Croker says with a laugh. "I've never actually had one thrown back at me like JT. But I've had a few kids give me a sour look. Their parents will almost nudge them and whisper, 'just take it'."

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/quiet- ... e=rss_feed
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Winger Nick Cotric seeks Blues berth with Canberra Raiders form

Canberra flyer Nick Cotric wants to capitalise on the Raiders' start to the NRL season and force his way into the NSW Origin team.

"It's been a dream since I was a little kid but we'll see what happens, I've got to keep working hard and focus on the Broncos this week. They're a great team with some great players - Milford, Pangai, a great forward pack and backs too. They'll be firing with a couple of close losses and it'll be a tough match."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14274
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

A coupla kicks that changed Canberra Raiders history

Ahhh, the good old days. The more things have changed, the more Chris O'Sullivan wished they'd stayed the same.

"I don't watch the game anymore. I haven't watched a full game in I don't know how long now," O'Sullivan said. "I'm just so disappointed in it and how it's gone ... the game was played like that for 80 years, what gives them the right to change the game?

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: April 20, 2019, 9:45 pm A coupla kicks that changed Canberra Raiders history

Ahhh, the good old days. The more things have changed, the more Chris O'Sullivan wished they'd stayed the same.

"I don't watch the game anymore. I haven't watched a full game in I don't know how long now," O'Sullivan said. "I'm just so disappointed in it and how it's gone ... the game was played like that for 80 years, what gives them the right to change the game?

Sully is still my favourite raider of all time but he comes across a little bitter in that article.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Very disappointing remarks from him.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Who?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: April 20, 2019, 10:01 pm Very disappointing remarks from him.
Was he an odd character back when he played? I loved watching him play but I now wonder how he fitted in with group and whether he was liked by his teammates. He really did come across as bitter in that piece but maybe some of that’s on the way the article was written?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

It doesn't resemble the game he played so much. I guess that's why he doesn't feel a connection to it. He sounds like a guy who loved the camaraderie and without the connection to team-mates or the similarity of the game, why does he want to watch a bunch of over-paid guys he doesn't know play a game he doesn't love? Fair enough. Shrug.

They are some fairly big changes he notes that did distinctly change the character of the game from one of a regular contest for possession and terrifying impacts (shoulder charges).

I think he's wrong about kicking for corners and grinding out defence- Ricky could control an entire half of footy with his boot. They DID used to grubber through short or chip and chase a bit more often then.

I think his GF comments are a bit of rueful tongue in cheek- a funny nickname for an old mate and then a gee up about how he has been overlooked a bit (fair points), but it sounded like a story he laughs at over a beer not necessarily truly bitter.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

I think he comes off like a massive douche.

EDIT. I'd like to see his captain negative attitude kept to himself. Chris O'Saltyone 👎
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: April 20, 2019, 11:48 pm It doesn't resemble the game he played so much. I guess that's why he doesn't feel a connection to it. He sounds like a guy who loved the camaraderie and without the connection to team-mates or the similarity of the game, why does he want to watch a bunch of over-paid guys he doesn't know play a game he doesn't love? Fair enough. Shrug.

They are some fairly big changes he notes that did distinctly change the character of the game from one of a regular contest for possession and terrifying impacts (shoulder charges).

I think he's wrong about kicking for corners and grinding out defence- Ricky could control an entire half of footy with his boot. They DID used to grubber through short or chip and chase a bit more often then.

I think his GF comments are a bit of rueful tongue in cheek- a funny nickname for an old mate and then a gee up about how he has been overlooked a bit (fair points), but it sounded like a story he laughs at over a beer not necessarily truly bitter.
I think that’s a fair take. At the end of the day I’ll remember him as a bloke who gave it everything in a team of battlers in the early days. There were times he seemed to be holding everything together. When Mal and the Queensland connection arrived on the scene and the raiders became a force he was one of very few that kept a place in some great teams. Henjak and Lance also both got a crack for a while before better players arrived and retirement came knocking. Sully was a champion!