simo wrote: June 21, 2019, 9:45 amIts over red
Haha it really, really is
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Re: Williams or Sezer?

Post by Sezer's Palace »

RedRaider wrote: June 21, 2019, 9:12 am
gergreg wrote: June 14, 2019, 8:28 pm There was a point in last night's match where Sezer made a 1 on 1 tackle almost on the Raiders tryline on Wade Graham. I instantly thought to myself, there is no way Sammy makes that stop.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Yet Sam made a similar one on one tackle on North QLD second rower Cooper which stopped a certain try just metres from our line. It was one of 3 one on one tackles made by Sam in that match, two of which were on Cooper.

For interest: Big League magazine is reporting that Aiden Sezer missed 5 tackles in the SHARKS match.
Big League Magazine is also reporting that Aidan* Sezer was the halfback of the week! How about that.
Instagram: @sezerspalace
Twitter: @jackkcronin
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Rickman wrote: June 21, 2019, 10:30 am
simo wrote: June 21, 2019, 9:45 amIts over red
Haha it really, really is
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: June 14, 2019, 8:28 pm There was a point in last night's match where Sezer made a 1 on 1 tackle almost on the Raiders tryline on Wade Graham. I instantly thought to myself, there is no way Sammy makes that stop.

Yet Sam made a similar one on one tackle on North QLD second rower Cooper which stopped a certain try just metres from our line. It was one of 3 one on one tackles made by Sam in that match, two of which were on Cooper.
Great stuff, on one of those tackles Sam Williams made on Cooper he was so thoroughly dominated by Cooper, that he was left stranded on the ground and he couldnt get back onside or into the marker position, and the cowboys hooker took advantage and should have scored right where Sam Williams should have been but wasnt.

So 'grats to Williams for making a tackle. I'll contact Mr Barr to arrange the parade down Northbourne.

edit: oh yeah, he stood flat footed in the A-gap, and ball watched as a run first hooker split us up the middle and lay on a try in the 24th minute
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Sezer's Palace wrote:

For interest: Big League magazine is reporting that Aiden Sezer missed 5 tackles in the SHARKS match.
Big League Magazine is also reporting that Aidan* Sezer was the halfback of the week! How about that.
I just spewed in my own mouth........

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Jesus this is still going.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 21, 2019, 8:30 pm Jesus this is still going.
I just hope Campeasy makes the 17.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Azza wrote: June 21, 2019, 9:34 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 21, 2019, 8:30 pm Jesus this is still going.
I just hope Campeasy makes the 17.
This debate would be moot if we had Rothery out there to cover Williams on D.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Sezer's Palace wrote: June 21, 2019, 2:27 pm

Congratulations to Aiden on a fine attacking game.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

The Rickman wrote: June 19, 2019, 7:25 am
gergreg wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: June 14, 2019, 7:51 am
simo wrote: June 14, 2019, 7:35 am
Why are you moving the goalposts so much. The point isnt that sezer is a great halfback, its that hes miles agead of sam williams. They are two completely different points.
Imagine hating a player in your team so much you cant even enjoy when he does something good
Give him a break. He backed the wrong horse and is struggling to come to terms with it.
Errr. For those of us on our phones and not the greatest eyesight, what the hell does this say?

My apologies

Oh boy. Swing swing swing. All misses.

Now you out of ALL people reeaaaally don't wanna be playing this game. Would you like me to again pull up the post where you labelled Aidan Sezer as a potential superstar?

Or did you mean potential superstar in NSW Cup? Because you'd still be wrong.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Williams or Sezer?

Post by The Nickman »

He WAS a potential superstar. Anyone who watched him play for the Titans can attest to that. Hell, in 2016 he was a WHISKER off playing State of Origin.

Anthony Milford was a potential superstar too, as is Kalyn Ponga. For every one that reaches their potential, there’s dozens who don’t, like Aiden. I don’t need to back down on any comments I’ve made.

Boy oh boy, affhfhfjrkfigjf. You’re really getting desperate on this one, m8. You do know it’s ok to be wrong.... right??
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Oh lord. You're serious. :lol:

Nickman - Sezer never was or will be in contention for SOO. Ever.

At no point at his time at the Titans was he good enough either.

You've likely taken a bunch of lazy media and GH hype, no different to the one that would call Josh McCrone and Luke Bateman as potential SOO players, as fact that he could he play. He can't.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha you’re really quite sad once you get an agenda, afgfjktnkvkdkdk
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

This is rapidly becoming a thread the likes of which we haven't seen since the Carney re-signing thread and has Orfarce signed yet thread.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Anyone on here who said Jimmy Maloney is busted just needs to watch the origin match tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Jimmy aloney has a very short window of performance at the teams he plays for. He lifts them for a year or 2, and drags them down after that.

I have said previously he would be great for us, tonight reinforced that.

The bloke LOVES a change of scenery.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Coastalraider wrote: June 23, 2019, 10:39 pm Jimmy aloney has a very short window of performance at the teams he plays for. He lifts them for a year or 2, and drags them down after that.

I have said previously he would be great for us, tonight reinforced that.

The bloke LOVES a change of scenery.
Kind of player that could work well with Wighton in the halves. He really can throw in a stinker though and those have been more common this year. He was fantastic last night but that was on the back of a team that totally owned the middle and had massive possession advantage. Plenty of halves can look good in those situations.

This is all moot anyway as we have George Williams coming.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Williams or Sezer?

Post by LastRaider »

The club needs to get serious now and start making strategic decisions and not decisions based on a player being a good mate or clubman.

This includes trading Sezer and who ever it takes to get George Williams here by June 30!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

That sounds like a **** infuriatingly terrible season of 24.
It wont be green lit.

Williams is coming next year, Sezer is the best we've got until then. It is what it is.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Am I too early for ajjgjdukf's Sezer rant....

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

thedevilingreen wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:47 pm Am I too early for ajjgjdukf's Sezer rant....

patience, my boy.
it's coming.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

Well, based on what we just saw tonight.Williams and Sezer in the halves, Wighton on the bench listening to stories of how McCrone was a rocks and diamonds player.

Kiss SoO3 selection goodbye, Jacky boy, but on the plus side, you'll still get paid..
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

PigRickman wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:44 pm That sounds like a **** infuriatingly terrible season of 24.
It wont be green lit.

Williams is coming next year, Sezer is the best we've got until then. It is what it is.
:roflmao

Like that movie Draft Day where Costner is dealing with a bunch of 5 GMs with a combined IQ of 40.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:57 pm
PigRickman wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:44 pm That sounds like a **** infuriatingly terrible season of 24.
It wont be green lit.

Like that movie Draft Day where Costner is dealing with a bunch of 5 GMs with a combined IQ of 40.
Rog....please dont get me **** started on that film
As an avid NFL fan ive got some **** thoughts a... no. I wont do it. You cant make me
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

PigRickman wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:59 pm
It wont be green lit.

As an avid NFL fan ive got some **** thoughts a... no. I wont do it. You cant make me
As an NBA fan I could see how ridiculous those trades he pulled were. My friend who isn't into sports at all loved it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 29, 2019, 10:07 pm
It wont be green lit.

As an NBA fan I could see how ridiculous those trades he pulled were. My friend who isn't into sports at all loved it.
I dunno, AD just flushed 4m down the drain, and the Lakers traded a bunch of absolute scrubs to open up Max space, probably for Kawhi ahah... Costner's work doesnt seem so far fetched right now
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

thedevilingreen wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:47 pm Am I too early for ajjgjdukf's Sezer rant....

He played tonight?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

PigRickman wrote: June 29, 2019, 10:10 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 29, 2019, 10:07 pm
It wont be green lit.

I dunno, AD just flushed 4m down the drain, and the Lakers traded a bunch of absolute scrubs to open up Max space, probably for Kawhi ahah... Costner's work doesnt seem so far fetched right now
Get the feeling AD is willing to pay 4mil to be the third banana on offense. Doesn't strike me as a guy that loves the pressure.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 29, 2019, 9:57 pm Get the feeling AD is willing to pay 4mil to be the third banana on offense. Doesn't strike me as a guy that loves the pressure.
The Space Jam 2 payroll might beg to differ
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sezer did some good things and didn’t make too many mistakes.

Hodgson went to Wighton all day which definitely didn’t help our structure or Jacks game. But Sezer clearly has to move into position to demand the better, so he has to shoulder some of the blame.

But Hodgson definitely needed to provide better service and direction.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I thought Sezer played exactly the role we need him to play. Kicked well. Defended ok. Ran the ball well. Went missing a bit, but I'm ok with Wighton and Hodgo running the show. We lost that game not because of Sezer. We lost that game because we played seriously dumb football for 50 minutes.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

OK crazy idea.
neither Sam Williams or Sezer seem to be able to contribute consistently.
How about Starling to half?

From what Ive seen he seems quick, has a good pass, willing defensively... I cant see him being worse that Sezer or Williams?

WHats his kicking game like?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

woppadingo wrote: July 1, 2019, 11:20 am OK crazy idea.
neither Sam Williams or Sezer seem to be able to contribute consistently.
How about Starling to half?

From what Ive seen he seems quick, has a good pass, willing defensively... I cant see him being worse that Sezer or Williams?

WHats his kicking game like?
I can
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

FROG wrote: June 30, 2019, 4:57 am I thought Sezer played exactly the role we need him to play. Kicked well. Defended ok. Ran the ball well. Went missing a bit, but I'm ok with Wighton and Hodgo running the show. We lost that game not because of Sezer. We lost that game because we played seriously dumb football for 50 minutes.
Sezer played well, did his job fine. If Wighton hadn't dropped the ball everytime he ran it in the second half we probably win that game.