Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Williams or Sezer?

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good addition.
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Post by Ronny P »

Watch the last 4 sets tonight.........pure luck not good management! Im cold and heading home!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Sezer was good again tonight. The missing link in our team is finally back

He’s only going to get better
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

If you call that a good game it's a sure sign you have no objectivity. He went missing in the second half other than the repeat set. A few very poor last tackle options illustrated his lack of composure when under pressure.

I foresee 5 more pages of debate over the next fortnight.
Last edited by Roger Kenworthy on June 13, 2019, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

In order to speed things up this week could we have Sezers mistakes as bullet points? As I know a few of you were keeping a list.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:If you call that a good game it's a sure sign you have no objectivity. He went missing in the second half other than the repeat set. A few very poor last tackle options illustrated his lack of composure when under pressure.

So... when the whole team was getting dominated you’re blaming Sezer?

Who’s objective now, Ed?
Green2ooF
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Meninga

Post by Green2ooF »

I’m on the fence but whole team went missing in the 2nd half, you can’t just point to Sezer
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:00 pm Sezer was good again tonight. The missing link in our team is finally back

Can't tell if trolling or no clue about Rugby League

We can't get a quality halfback into this joint fast enough
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Williams or Sezer?

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote:
The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:00 pm Sezer was good again tonight. The missing link in our team is finally back

Can't tell if trolling or no clue about Rugby League

We can't get a new halfback into this joint fast enough
God, history is going to prove you so wrong EDIT

MOD NOTE *Inappropriate for the forum.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

His first 20 in the second half was piss poor when we needed a leader , but he gained a bit of composure again in the last quarter.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

This guy is actually serious :lol:
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

What annoys me on a far to regular basis is out halves getting caught with the ball on the 5th - it’s really basic stuff. There was a set at the end there, when jack and Sezer ended up within 2 meters of each other on the 4th, Jack gets tackled,
Sezer stuck in the short side, play goes back to the centre and no halves to be found... it really is such a simple thing we repeatedly get wrong.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:06 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:If you call that a good game it's a sure sign you have no objectivity. He went missing in the second half other than the repeat set. A few very poor last tackle options illustrated his lack of composure when under pressure.

Who’s objective now, Ed?
Nope not blaming him - just highlighting he had three very poor ends to sets when the match was on the line. With the momentum against us we didn't get many chances to kick in good field position.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Sezer was in and out of that game but I reckon it Williams was playing instead we lose that game. Sezer was strong in defence.
However Jack was the man when the chips were down.

In Ricky We Trust
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

To be fair, Nickman's one of an extremely small brigade who's still clinging onto the faintest hope that Sezer might be player of quality, unable to see that he's in fact a reserve grade standard half masquerading as an NRL footballer.

The rest of the pro Sezer crew in this thread don't actually think much of him and will be happy to see him go once someone better comes in (though online ego will not permit them to show it).

Good try to start the game, but as is the usual with him as soon as the pressure is applied he's missing and if he does appear, makes horrible plays.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Williams or Sezer?

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote:To be fair, Nickman's one of an extremely small brigade who's still clinging onto the faintest hope that Sezer might be player of quality, unable to see that he's in fact a reserve grade standard half masquerading as an NRL footballer.

The rest of the pro Sezer crew in this thread don't actually think much of him and will be happy to see him go once someone better comes in (though online ego will not permit them to show it).
No I’m not, this is absolutely garbage, affhfjvkgktkg

I’m one of the few people on this forum (yourself excluded) who REGULARLY changes their opinion based on what’s currently happening, and not what I said four weeks ago

Let me put it to you this way... when Sezer took that intercept last week, did YOU cheer him down the straight or were you cursing the fact? Because I reckon I know how you reacted
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:10 pm
The Rickman wrote: June 13, 2019, 10:06 pm

Who’s objective now, Ed?
Nope not blaming him - just highlighting he had three very poor ends to sets when the match was on the line. With the momentum against us we didn't get many chances to kick in good field position.
Both halves had good and bad moments tonight. Easily the best moment was Sezer scoring 1st try when I had him @ $34.00. :thumbsup
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Williams or Sezer?

Post by Rick »

The Rickman wrote:
afgtnk wrote:To be fair, Nickman's one of an extremely small brigade who's still clinging onto the faintest hope that Sezer might be player of quality, unable to see that he's in fact a reserve grade standard half masquerading as an NRL footballer.

I’m one of the few people on this forum (yourself excluded) who REGULARLY changes their opinion based on what’s currently happening, and not what I said four weeks ago

Let me put it to you this way... when Sezer took that intercept last week, did YOU cheer him down the straight or were you cursing the fact? Because I reckon I know how you reacted
EDIT

Sezer and Williams are both average AF. At least Williams is cheep.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Perth Raiders
Simon Woolford

Post by Perth Raiders »

If Williams plays tonight, we lose by 10. Sezer is in the side for his defence, end of story.

Are there better half backs? Yes!

Are there better half backs at Canberra in 2019? Not even close!

He’s the best option by a long way
Bring League West.

2010 The GH Premiership- Premiers
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Good early, trash when it mattered

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Seeing as both of our halfbacks create nothing, I think we will be fine with virtually two 5/8s next year in Wighton and George Williams. As long as Williams' defence is up to scratch, I think we should do well.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sezer was good with the first try, a few good kicks and some key defensive shutdowns.

But it’s the bad passes and bad kicks that negate the positive aspects. But we have won three in a row since he came back and he deserves to retain his spot.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

What on earth does Sezer have to do... "created nothing"- apart from tries the last couple of weeks?

Might be worth pumping the breaks and considering if you expect Sezer to be the #1-3 half in the comp in every stat or just a very good defensive half who can do his bit in attack...

He's actually in the top half of #7s for tries, line breaks and try assists on average you know... But yeah, clearly offers nothing. How good do you think most halves are? Who do you think our x factor half is?
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Sezer and Sam Williams are both sub-par at NRL level but the difference is that Williams is a back up half so it's fine. Sezer, on the other hand... I couldn't care to see him go and won't be surprised at all when he's not here next season.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I find it interesting how Sezer is rated as below NRL standard. Looking at the current halves in action across the comp, I reckon over 1/3 of them would be regarded as below NRL standard. Not sure what that says about the NRL.

Maybe the NRL standard needs to be redefined. :hmmm

6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Ryley Jacks
6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Blake Green
6. John Asiata 7. Jake Clifford
6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks
6. Cameron Munster 7. Brodie Croft
6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce
6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Doueihi
6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary
6. Jaeman Salmon 7. Mitchell Moses
6. Anthony Milford 7. Sean O’Sullivan
6. Cade Cust 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
6. Corey Norman 7. Ben Hunt
6. Drew Hutchison 7. Cooper Cronk
6. Kieran Foran 7. Jack Cogger

The guy goes OK. He just needs to be given a simple role to play when Hodgo returns. Tackle your ass off, run the ball hard when opportunity allows, get early ball to your centres and nail those cross-field chips.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 14, 2019, 1:57 am I find it interesting how Sezer is rated as below NRL standard. Looking at the current halves in action across the comp, I reckon over 1/3 of them would be regarded as below NRL standard. Not sure what that says about the NRL.

The guy goes OK. He just needs to be given a simple role to play when Hodgo returns. Tackle your ass off, run the ball hard when opportunity allows, get early ball to your centres and nail those cross-field chips.
Not sure how many games you watch outside of the Raiders but if you replace the back up halves like Jacks and Doueihi with their first choice halves, I would take pretty much every halfback on that list over Sezer...
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Raiders_Pat wrote: June 14, 2019, 2:06 am
Seiffert82 wrote: June 14, 2019, 1:57 am I find it interesting how Sezer is rated as below NRL standard. Looking at the current halves in action across the comp, I reckon over 1/3 of them would be regarded as below NRL standard. Not sure what that says about the NRL.

Not sure how many games you watch outside of the Raiders but if you replace the back up halves like Jacks and Doueihi with their first choice halves, I would take pretty much every halfback on that list over Sezer...
There are a ton of players in that list who are very ordinary halves, whether they wear the 6 or 7. It's the definition of "NRL Quality" that intrigues me.

Sezer is NRL quality. He's not the best halfback in the NRL by any stretch, but he's a sight better than a large number of players in that list. At his best he's also much more of a traditional running 5/8 than an organising 7, so he's essentially being asked to play out of position.

It's almost as dumb as the debate about Croker not be an NRL quality centre - although that's got to the point of ridiculousness,
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

He's literally one of the worst halfbacks on the list, and that's taking into account a number of second stringers listed.

No question the standard of halves has dipped significantly over the decade, but that to me says even more about his level.

We need a better halfback in order to win a premiership, pure and simple - Hodgson isn't enough. They don't have to be a reincarnation of Ricky Stuart, a guy around the Chad Townsend or Blake Green level will do fine.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

The Rickman wrote:

Still waiting on an answer to this question, afgffjtjtktjr
Ronny P
Peter Jackson

Williams or Sezer?

Post by Ronny P »

Good defence last night........do some video......two tries straight past him and was targeted. Everyone goes on about the half having to run all the time.I call b$$lsh@t. Cronk won a gf without running. A good 7 does not get caught with the ball on 5th tackle, takes control of the sets then hits the 6 when its on and plays eyes up. Sezer could not ice a birthday cake. Jack at least tries to!

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

afgtnk wrote: June 14, 2019, 3:08 am He's literally one of the worst halfbacks on the list, and that's taking into account a number of second stringers listed.

No question the standard of halves has dipped significantly over the decade, but that to me says even more about his level.

We need a better halfback in order to win a premiership, pure and simple - Hodgson isn't enough. They don't have to be a reincarnation of Ricky Stuart, a guy around the Chad Townsend or Blake Green level will do fine.
Why are you moving the goalposts so much. The point isnt that sezer is a great halfback, its that hes miles agead of sam williams. They are two completely different points.
Imagine hating a player in your team so much you cant even enjoy when he does something good
Dont delete this GE
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

My question about Sezer is more about his kicking style...

Aside from the little jabs that don't really provide much, his touch finders are ordinary.

His kicking style doesn't look comfortable at all and they never make many meters.

Not that I rate Johnson but the kick for touch in their last set made about 20-25 meters.

More often than not Sezer makes 10 at best. I could be wrong but his kicking style just looks odd.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

simo wrote: June 14, 2019, 7:35 am
afgtnk wrote: June 14, 2019, 3:08 am He's literally one of the worst halfbacks on the list, and that's taking into account a number of second stringers listed.

Why are you moving the goalposts so much. The point isnt that sezer is a great halfback, its that hes miles agead of sam williams. They are two completely different points.
Imagine hating a player in your team so much you cant even enjoy when he does something good
Give him a break. He backed the wrong horse and is struggling to come to terms with it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

My vote has been for Sammy from the start purely because he is more of an organising half than Sezer is. As been pointed out, Sezer is more of a running 5/8th than an organising half.

Yes, in the defensive line, Sezer would (usually) be a better defender.

But what we need, have needed for a while now, is a halfback that would take control of the speed of the game when we're on the back foot - remember to kick to the corners, find touch to give our guys a breather, put the smart kicks in to turn the opposition around.

I think Sammy has a better mind for that sort of thing, but his execution or physical skills sometimes hold him back.

Can they transplant Sammy's brain into Sezers body and solve everyone's problem?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year