Williams or Sezer?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Deluded
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: Williams or Sezer

Post by Deluded »

Williams has an ok kicking game but he is very slow and can't really defend. He does not threaten the line - he is basically a link man. Re his defence It sort of works with Bateman as his bodyguard but without that he is very vulnerable and puts all sorts of pressure on the players around him.

Sure Sezer has not set the world on fire but he is a way better defender and he actually has some speed and when his is on his kicking game is better. And to me the ultimate test is this. Would any other club want Williams? No. Would they want Sezer yes I think that the Dogs would take him. Would the Dogs take Williams? No his defence is just not good enough. Would any other club apart from the Dogs take Williams? No. What about Sezer? I could see some other clubs taking him. He is a solid but not great half. Williams is less than solid given his poor defence.

Maloney is a poor defender but his attack (he has speed and a great kicking and passing game) is good enough to counterbalance it. Williams on his day is good but his defence is not first grade standard. If the Raiders have Sezer and Wighton then neither halve is a defensive liability. Why stick with a player who is a liability in defence when you have someone who has more speed and who can defend way better?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

kiwi raider wrote: April 29, 2019, 5:43 pm just get the other Williams here ASAP, toss a coin who you pick before then it doesn't really matter
End thread here. This is it and i think even the most ardent fans on either side kind of agree on this. We can argue all day about Sezer or Williams, but it speaks volumes for both that this is the company they are keeping.

Save us George Williams, you're our only hope.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Williams or Sezer

Post by The Nickman »

At the end of the day, I still think Aiden Sezer can be the player most of us whose usernames aren’t just random letters thrown together think he could potentially be. And with the team playing the right structures and discipline, the time is now for him to become comfortable and finally grow in the role.

The only problem is he suffered that injury after a good game followed by a poor game (and let’s face it, Williams would’ve also had a poor game against the Storm), when he really needed more time in the team next to Jack.

The more I think about it, the more I think if he’d played the last five weeks, we’re still 4-1 and he’s all of a sudden closer to the Sezer of 2016 than the Sezer of 2017-18.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Deluded your post had good logic. I would say on the matter of whether other clubs would take Sezer, I don't know whether that is a fair measuring stick because teams would take him because he's got more of a name because of his Titans days, not because he's a player of any great quality above Williams.

I said it a week ago, people are whinging that Williams isn't taking the game on when it is on the line but not acknowledging that he's the player Ricky least wants with the ball unless it is to try get a repeat set of which he's better at than Sezer. That's about the limitations of how Ricky has simplified his role, direct the forwards and talk a lot while try get results from kicks. That's about it. We have a stack of people complaining that Hodgson is overplaying his hand and trying to do everything while still criticising Williams for not taking control of the games. The 2 criticisms there are directly related.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Aidan Sezer reportedly wants release from Canberra Raiders
The Mole

Word out of Canberra is that talented five-eighth Aidan Sezer wants out of the club before June 30. With George Williams coming to the club from England next season, the writing is one the wall for Sezer and he is best to get out of the club sooner rather than later.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-m ... 077851b939
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

So he's staying!
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

"talented"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ugh, that really sucks if true. I'd much prefer he knuckled down, won the position back and made it his own... why is that NRL players no longer seem to be able to remotely cope with spending some time in reserve grade??
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by Sezer's Palace »

Would be very disappointing if true.
Instagram: @sezerspalace
Twitter: @jackkcronin
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Sezer's Palace wrote:Would be very disappointing if true.
Will need to find a new name mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Pretty big stretch to think that a player who we have signed a replacement for already and is playing reserve grade wants out.
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson

Post by Sezer's Palace »

Danaman137 wrote: April 30, 2019, 10:37 am

Still not particularly concerned, in the last 12 months the Mole has reported he was linked to the Storm and Bulldogs.

I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't here next year but I think he will definitely be here for all of 2019.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

I'm just stunned someone likes Sezer enough to devote a username to him. Has to be a relative surely.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Beejay wrote: April 23, 2019, 4:15 pm

> Sezer needs to improve everything. Best of luck at the Bulldogs as their next marquee signing after Napa.
I'm still rooting for the Bulldogs
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson

Post by Sezer's Palace »

Hazza wrote: April 30, 2019, 10:57 am

I'm just stunned someone likes Sezer enough to devote a username to him. Has to be a relative surely.
Have never met the guy just have a soft spot for him because I don't think he's as bad as people suggest.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Sezer's Palace wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:22 am

Have never met the guy just have a soft spot for him because I don't think he's as bad as people suggest.
Hear hear, he's certainly not. Seems like a real good bloke too, if he leaves it'll be a massive failure for Stuart.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

The Rickman wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:26 am
Sezer's Palace wrote: April 30, 2019, 11:22 am

Hear hear, he's certainly not. Seems like a real good bloke too, if he leaves it'll be a massive failure for Stuart.
Id be putting some blame on Sezer himself. After all, he is the one out there playing, and he is better than his form and career here suggests.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Coming from someone named after Bronson Harrison. :roll:

;) :D
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson

Post by Sezer's Palace »

There is a guy on Twitter who is adamant that Sezer will be at the Broncos by the end of the week.

Claims he has known about it for at least two weeks.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Sezer's Palace wrote: April 30, 2019, 2:11 pm There is a guy on Twitter who is adamant that Sezer will be at the Broncos by the end of the week.

Fingers crossed. Would be a win-win for the Raiders!
gilby_gillard
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker, 2019 team

Post by gilby_gillard »

Sezer's Palace wrote: April 30, 2019, 2:11 pm There is a guy on Twitter who is adamant that Sezer will be at the Broncos by the end of the week.

Just had a look at what you mentioned......old mate is pretty sure he’s on the money

:cry:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if this proves to be true.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

gilby_gillard wrote: April 30, 2019, 2:21 pm

Just had a look at what you mentioned......old mate is pretty sure he’s on the money

:cry:
Old mate strikes me as the type who thinks he is always on the money.
Sezer's Palace
Peter Jackson

Post by Sezer's Palace »

Did some digging and it would appear this guy is a nut job.

Move along.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Sezer's Palace wrote:Did some digging and it would appear this guy is a nut job.

Move along.
Sezer?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
gilby_gillard
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker, 2019 team

Post by gilby_gillard »

Sezer's Palace wrote: April 30, 2019, 2:30 pm Did some digging and it would appear this guy is a nut job.

Move along.
Typical Broncos fan then? :P
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I don't know why anyone would be upset if we lost Sezer? We are paying him as a decent NRL starting half, and playing him in reggies.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Great work from the Mole who has gone through the NSW Cup team sheets and found an NRL player who has played 2 games in reserve grade side and figured he must be disgruntled and surely wants a release.

I’m sure Sezer does have the **** and is not enjoying being out of the top side. But for 2019, it is not in the clubs’ best interests to release him. It is up to him to force his way back in. He is still the number one halfback at the club. When he puts the form on the board, Sticky will bring him back in.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He 100% should be looking to go. Even if he forces his way back in George Williams isn't being signed to play reserve grade.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

The Mole is reporting that Sezer was seen lurking around the British High Commission trying to get English citizenship as a way to make Ricky like him more.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Woodgers wrote: April 30, 2019, 3:32 pm The Mole is reporting that Sezer was seen lurking around the British High Commission trying to get English citizenship as a way to make Ricky like him more.
and changing his name to Jaiden Sezer so that his name starts with a J
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

edwahu wrote: April 30, 2019, 3:26 pm He 100% should be looking to go. Even if he forces his way back in George Williams isn't being signed to play reserve grade.
He can look all he wants. He has a contract at Canberra and he can see this season out before the new halfback arrives.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Peter wrote: April 30, 2019, 3:37 pm
edwahu wrote: April 30, 2019, 3:26 pm He 100% should be looking to go. Even if he forces his way back in George Williams isn't being signed to play reserve grade.
He can look all he wants. He has a contract at Canberra and he can see this season out before the new halfback arrives.
He is on contract for 2020, are you going to expect the club to honour the full contract as well? Because it's pretty clear we have no intention to do so.

I can't be critical of Sezer for wanting to accelerate the process.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

When is the club announcing the other Williams ?

He has signed right ?

I've read that he has officially signed, why are we waiting ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

-PJ- wrote: April 30, 2019, 3:48 pm When is the club announcing the other Williams ?

He has signed right ?

I've read that he has officially signed, why are we waiting ?
It's not official yet. Wigan seem to like to stage manage these announcements. I'd be amazed if he isn't signed though.