Eels 13+
4%

Total votes: 25

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: 2019 Rd 5 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by Matt »

edwahu wrote: April 7, 2019, 5:59 pm My concern with Tapine back is what the rotation looks like. Our defense looks best with Sutton playing 45-50 minutes but he was a 15 minute player off the bench.
I can see him going to the bench and switching roles with Horsbough TBH. Sutton has proved he can pump out good mins now. So the rookie takes the back seat.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:14 pm Interesting game this week. 2 teams that are sitting higher than expected on the ladder.

Raiders have been solid in the 3 wins against teams that didn't play well at all. Tried hard but couldn't compete when up against one of the top sides in Storm. Very similar to how the Eels have gone too. Beat a couple of teams that played poorly then couldn't match it with Roosters. They were good against Sharks on the weekend.

This game should give a pretty good indication of where both teams are at.
TBF, the Sharks were under strength. Still no Graham, no SJ who pulled out that morning, no Gal pulled out 48hrs before, no Moylan (hahahaha), and Woods only managed half a game.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Matt wrote: April 9, 2019, 2:06 pm
edwahu wrote: April 7, 2019, 5:59 pm My concern with Tapine back is what the rotation looks like. Our defense looks best with Sutton playing 45-50 minutes but he was a 15 minute player off the bench.
I can see him going to the bench and switching roles with Horsbough TBH. Sutton has proved he can pump out good mins now. So the rookie takes the back seat.
I'm happy with that. I'm still nowhere near as sold on Horsburgh as everyone else seems to be.

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong though, but I just see him as a liability more than an asset.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Ginga wrote: April 9, 2019, 12:46 pm
LastRaider wrote:
tommyhud9 wrote:
-PJ- wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:07 pm
LastRaider wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:51 am

6:10pm on a Sunday is such an ordinary game time. What happened to a 2pm and 4pm kick offs on Sundays!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
They kept the 4pm game(Ch9 ya see) and moved the 2pm game to 6pm..

Hope this helps..
This ends soon though, its only at the start of the season due to the heat.

It'll be 2pm/4pm all winter.
I hope so, I just can’t justify taking the kids to a 6pm game on a Sunday with school the next day for them

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Is it not school holidays in the ACT/NSW yet? Only asking as it is in QLD at the moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Holidays start on Friday here
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

RTW wrote: April 9, 2019, 1:26 pm Interestingly I heard that the Eels back 3 ran for a combined 680 odd metres last week. If we can shut down the back threes set starts we should go a long way to winning the match.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Guth is avging 200m a game in 2019.
Fergie is avging 220m a game in 2019.
Sivo is aving 149m a game is 2019.

Thats MASSIVE
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Just hanging around for the team list !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Opposing back fives tipped to star in Sunday night showdown between Canberra Raiders and Parramatta Eels

It shapes as a battle of the back five this weekend with the Raiders' formidable outside backs eyeing off Parramatta's equally imposing line-up.

"They're going well this year, the whole back five (for the Eels)," Canberra coach Ricky Stuart said. "They're a great strength of the Parra team so it's going to be a good battle to see the five of them up against each other.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/09/opp ... -showdown/

Five Things: Raiders v Eels: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... rs-v-eels/

VIDEO: Soliola wary of red hot Eels: Sia Soliola admits that his side face a stern test this weekend against a Parramatta side who have had a strong start to the season: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... -hot-eels/
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Horsburgh dropped for Tapine
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I hope Horsburgh isn’t one of these young forwards that gets dropped back to Mounties “for their development” or “for more minutes” and then is never seen again. I’ve really liked his involvement so far this year

'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

2019 Rd 5 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Danaman137 »

Not opposed to horsburgh’s dropping. Play some big minutes in Mounties, he’ll be back in first grade in no time. Young’s turn for a bigger stint.
Expecting to see tapine move into the starting side and Sutton to drop to the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Re: 2019 Rd 5 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by edwahu »

Tough on Horsburgh but with Tapine looking like he will play middle it makes sense in terms of the rotation.
Last edited by edwahu on April 9, 2019, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I'm a little surprised about Redhorse being dropped..

Im sure he'll be back and Ricky has told him so...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Why the hell is Sezer on the extended bench?
Perth Based Raiders Fan
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Horsburgh back to Mounties for more game time and a bit of extra work on handling and discipline, will be good for himself and the Raiders organisation.

He’s gonna be a good NRL footballer long term if he knuckles down and improves in just a couple of key areas. Great prospect.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

PerthRaider86 wrote:Why the hell is Sezer on the extended bench?
Same reason Taps was last week.

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I thought he might not play due to the knock but interesting to see him being dropped to work on his game. I'd say at the moment he's the least fit of our current top 17 but you can see he's got the talent if he can get that fitness up.
Was not expecting Tapine off the bench.
Last edited by zim on April 9, 2019, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm glad that Ricky kept faith with Williams, at least for the time being.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:I'm glad that Ricky kept faith with Williams, at least for the time being.
Until 5.10 on Sunday
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Dropping Horsburgh is the right choice. He has plenty to work on
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

BJ wrote: April 9, 2019, 4:15 pm Horsburgh back to Mounties for more game time and a bit of extra work on handling and discipline, will be good for himself and the Raiders organisation.

He’s gonna be a good NRL footballer long term if he knuckles down and improves in just a couple of key areas. Great prospect.
To his credit he has had no errors and only 1 ruck penalty since it was raised as an issue after the Storm game.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Why hasnt Horsburgh been named for Mounties
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Weird one with Horsburgh must be unavailable?
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Players appear late in the Mounties side sometimes, I think Luke Bateman was missing a few weeks back as well.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Corey Horsburgh set for NSW Cup stint as Joe Tapine makes NRL return

About managing his work load throughout the year
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

To be fair it is one time where a smokescreen is a valid move. Having him in the extended squad means the Eels have to do homework on both halves as they do play differently.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote: April 9, 2019, 4:42 pm https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Corey Horsburgh set for NSW Cup stint as Joe Tapine makes NRL return

About managing his work load throughout the year
That's pretty well handled....drop him back down, but seed an article saying it's all part of the longer term plan. Pretty good management, I think.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt wrote: April 9, 2019, 2:13 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:14 pm Interesting game this week. 2 teams that are sitting higher than expected on the ladder.

Raiders have been solid in the 3 wins against teams that didn't play well at all. Tried hard but couldn't compete when up against one of the top sides in Storm. Very similar to how the Eels have gone too. Beat a couple of teams that played poorly then couldn't match it with Roosters. They were good against Sharks on the weekend.

TBF, the Sharks were under strength. Still no Graham, no SJ who pulled out that morning, no Gal pulled out 48hrs before, no Moylan (hahahaha), and Woods only managed half a game.
On form this season I'm not sure the team was weakened by any of those absent.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: April 9, 2019, 4:51 pm

Possibly not.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Danaman137 wrote: April 9, 2019, 4:15 pm
Same reason Taps was last week.

Tapine will start. Sutton back to the bench, J.Bateman lock
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Matt wrote: April 9, 2019, 4:54 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 9, 2019, 4:51 pm

Possibly not.
Please! Johnson was very good rd 2 and 3, they definitely missed him. Moylan was in pretty good form as well.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

edwahu wrote:
BJ wrote: April 9, 2019, 4:15 pm Horsburgh back to Mounties for more game time and a bit of extra work on handling and discipline, will be good for himself and the Raiders organisation.

To his credit he has had no errors and only 1 ruck penalty since it was raised as an issue after the Storm game.
That’s a good point Edwahu. Shows he has the potential to be a quick learner. I reckon he will be very good as long as he develops controlled aggression.
Lobby
Noa Nadruku

Post by Lobby »

If they are only getting small minutes when our pack is at full strength I don’t mind if Horsburgh, Young and Guler get rotated as that last bench spot. I think Sutton is a tier above ATM and should be in the 17 all year.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

In case Williams picks up an injury at training.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The moment Canberra Raiders rookie Hudson Young's career changed

Raiders forward Hudson Young tested positive for a banned substance as a 16-year-old and was forced to spend 18 months on the sidelines. He thought a store-bought supplement couldn't contain any banned substances.

"It hurt at the start, but I just had to put my hand up and own my mistake," Young said. "I just had to keep hold of the hope that one day I could play NRL. I always thought if I stuck to it I could do it. I had a lot of people around supporting me to get me to where I am today. My family supported me.

Red more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Corey Horsburgh set for NSW Cup stint as Joe Tapine makes Canberra Raiders NRL return

Joe Tapine is set to make his return from injury after being named on the bench in the Raiders' clash with the Parramatta Eels at Canberra Stadium on Sunday, with Corey Horsburgh returning to NSW Cup.

"It's really about making sure we're managing Corey, his body and his energy. He plays in the middle and he is only a young guy, so it's important for our season that he is at his best at the end of the season," Stuart said. "This will help, this won't be the first time he goes back to Mounties or I give him a week or two off.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239