Eels 13+
4%

Total votes: 25

T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 5 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by T_R »

PigRickman wrote:KEGBOMB!

Just what i need on my last drink on a Saturday night. Love it.
Nice night out here in Armidale, a good couple of ports to finish off, and a random, sneering, 'I know more than youse' Keghead spray to complete the evening. Perfect!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

-PJ- wrote: April 13, 2019, 11:18 am
Seiffert82 wrote: April 12, 2019, 9:05 pm
-PJ- wrote: April 12, 2019, 7:49 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 12, 2019, 7:03 pm Canberra Raiders prop Ryan Sutton not a 15-minute man

Ryan Sutton didn't come to Canberra to play 15 minutes. He wants to eke out every minute he can.

"I've said it the whole time, I have not come over here just to play 15 minutes, I want to get as many as I can," he said. "The longer he leaves me on, the better I'm going to be and I'm only going to get more experience over here, and that's exactly what I wanted to do."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
I'm not a 15 minute man either Ryan...
5 to 10?
That is the average Seif...
:lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How Canberra Raiders recruits John Bateman and Ryan Sutton first met Ricky Stuart and Peter Mulholland in a Marulan truck stop

Two bikers sat down at a table so that the front window of Truck Stop 31 was all that separated them from their two-wheel Triumph’s outside. Behind them, two Englishmen and two Australians sat wiping hamburger grease from their lips.

“I didn’t want anyone to see us, or know where we were meeting, so we chose a petrol station at Marulan,’’ Canberra coach Ricky Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 4354a8747b
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That is a good read.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Yeah, great work, Rick. Innovative approach to a recruitment situation lots of other coaches just accepted.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

gangrenous wrote:Should you be posting the night before a game Jack?
Another third man in spineless (and might I add irrelevant) attack from you EDIT.

If you can just stick to the old adage speak when you are spoken to (something your parents obviously fail to teach you)we won’t be hearing from you again,which would no doubt raise the standards around here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

T_R wrote:
PigRickman wrote:KEGBOMB!

Just what i need on my last drink on a Saturday night. Love it.
Nice night out here in Armidale, a good couple of ports to finish off, and a random, sneering, 'I know more than youse' Keghead spray to complete the evening. Perfect!
Exclaims the “King of Waffle”

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

love it

It was irrelevant because I don’t have a dog in this fight (nor do I want one thanks). I was just curious
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ruben Daley wrote: April 14, 2019, 11:08 am Yeah, great work, Rick. Innovative approach to a recruitment situation lots of other coaches just accepted.
Yep, full credit to Stuart and management for identifying a recruiting tactic that has worked well so far. It's definitely better than an arms race for second tier NRL players we can't win. I still feel like we need to crack an elite NRL signing to really put us in the race though.
rovert
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by rovert »

Toviii wrote:
-PJ- wrote: April 12, 2019, 7:49 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 12, 2019, 7:03 pm Canberra Raiders prop Ryan Sutton not a 15-minute man

Ryan Sutton didn't come to Canberra to play 15 minutes. He wants to eke out every minute he can.

"I've said it the whole time, I have not come over here just to play 15 minutes, I want to get as many as I can," he said. "The longer he leaves me on, the better I'm going to be and I'm only going to get more experience over here, and that's exactly what I wanted to do."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
I'm not a 15 minute man either Ryan...
You beat me to it!
That's what she said....

Rickvert

The last thing I remember is me saying "hold my beer and watch this".
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

The Rickman wrote:I feel like this is the week where everything will finally come together and we'll just play out a good solid win... 26-2
*yawn* gee it gets tough being right all the time

Blokes like dubby and Brew should give it a go occasionally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Hard to believe but five rounds in we have the best defence in the comp.

Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

edwahu wrote: April 14, 2019, 2:20 pm
Ruben Daley wrote: April 14, 2019, 11:08 am Yeah, great work, Rick. Innovative approach to a recruitment situation lots of other coaches just accepted.
Yep, full credit to Stuart and management for identifying a recruiting tactic that has worked well so far. It's definitely better than an arms race for second tier NRL players we can't win. I still feel like we need to crack an elite NRL signing to really put us in the race though.
I understand that sentiment and I’d love for the league to go wow one time at one of our signings. But I actually don’t know what position other than halfback I’d want a new player now. And I’m all over George Williams for that.