Eels 13+
4%

Total votes: 25

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Re: 2019 Rd 5 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by afgtnk »

Brew wrote: April 7, 2019, 10:06 am Someone in Facebook posted a stat saying Sezer has missed more tackles than Williams this season. I guess Williams gets noticed more.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
100%.

Jack (along with Croker) made some horrible reads last week that led to tries. How many people made an issue of it?.

Because there are so many people looking constantly looking for it, stuff will always be found. We've got to this ridiculous situation where the ability of our halfback is now being judged on how well they defend. **** madness. It should not be the point of contention when debating who to pick in your halves. If you've got chronic problems in defence, it's by and large a problem with the team itself, not individuals.

Unless they consistently read a defence as badly as Blake Austin or getting swatted away like Chris Sandow, it's not even worth debating IMO.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

greeneyed wrote:If Tapine comes back, Sutton should go to starting prop. And Lui back to the bench to partner Soliola in the interchange stint.
So essentially the team I posted? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Brew wrote: April 7, 2019, 10:06 am Someone in Facebook posted a stat saying Sezer has missed more tackles than Williams this season. I guess Williams gets noticed more.

Can't miss a tackle if you're nowhere near the ball carrier.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I'd go with the same team as last night. If Tarps is fit I'd probably run him back through Mounties for a game or two, just to get a bit of match fitness into his legs. Don't panic, he's still in my best 13, I just think when the team's going well we can afford the luxury of bringing our injured guys back through slowly.

Sezer for mine has to do a few matches for Mounties to get his form and confidence up. If he can do that, and prove he's hungry, then he probably comes back in for Sammy if Sammy keeps letting in poor tries like he did last night.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Rick wrote: April 6, 2019, 11:59 pm Tapine to 13, Sutton to 10 and Lui to Mounties

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Lui has been pretty consistent for a fair while now, why drop him to Mounties?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Missed tackles indicates there might be a problem but doesn't mean there is for sure.

Try Cause on fox sports lab passes the eye test as a better indicator and Williams is poor in that regard, although the stat isn't getting updated at the moment.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Tarps is an international and should be a walk start when he is back. Wasted at Mounties.

In Ricky We Trust
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I’m talking one or two games in order to get his match fitness up Brew, nothing else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

I would like to see our forwards run in pairs when rucking it out. Whether they pass or not doesn't matter. Bodies in motion will just ad another dimension and force the defence to make decisions. Hopefully they will be able develop this as the season progresses
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: April 7, 2019, 2:08 pm I'd go with the same team as last night. If Tarps is fit I'd probably run him back through Mounties for a game or two, just to get a bit of match fitness into his legs. Don't panic, he's still in my best 13, I just think when the team's going well we can afford the luxury of bringing our injured guys back through slowly.

Sezer for mine has to do a few matches for Mounties to get his form and confidence up. If he can do that, and prove he's hungry, then he probably comes back in for Sammy if Sammy keeps letting in poor tries like he did last night.
YCBS Joe Tapine is a Kiwi forward and has been out for two weeks with an injured thumb and you want to bring him back through Mounties? :shock:
Pilz
David Grant
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Pilz »

Rick wrote: April 6, 2019, 11:59 pm Tapine to 13, Sutton to 10 and Lui to Mounties
Disagree.

Lui and Sutton have been working their way into the current shape for a while now, and both are improving. It seems Lui has been given a specific job to go 100% flat out for about 15 minutes then hand off - and it's working a treat. There are other variables obviously, but for mine this is the single biggest factor in our strong start against the Cowboys and our better than 2018 starts generally. It also allows for at least one of Papalii or Soliola to be on the field at all times.

There's plenty of love this week for both Sutton and Lui in the POTY thread, and it's little wonder...... why break what is working well.

For me, Tapine comes straight in - I'd prefer him at 13 and Bateman wider, but, meh, there's not much wrong with the other way around. Lui stays where he is doing what he is, Sutton on the bench, Young back to Mounties, with thanks and encouragement.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

My concern with Tapine back is what the rotation looks like. Our defense looks best with Sutton playing 45-50 minutes but he was a 15 minute player off the bench.
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Rd 5 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by BJ »

Kryptonite wrote:

Lui has been good. 4 games 0 errors and no line break causing missed tackles. That’s a good stat for a forward.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Joey
5. Rapa
6. Jack
7. Williams
8. Papa
9. Hodgo
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Bateman

14. Havili
15. Sia
16. Sutton
17. Horsburg
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

-PJ- wrote: April 7, 2019, 6:59 am
reptar wrote: April 7, 2019, 6:47 am
-PJ- wrote:
reptar wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:00 pm
-PJ- wrote:Same team that beat the Tigers.
I came here to say this, only to find it done already. My life no longer has a purpose.
We love you rep...

You have purpose, you're the guy we love !!!
Aww shucks! Thanks Peej!
Have a great day rep. A StGeorge win today just doubles my happiness !! :)
The perfect weekend... :D
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Tapine had a thumb...
Im not that worried about his match fitness or anything else, more concerned about re-injurying it.
If the medical team are confident he's good to go, then he comes back him. We're not good enough talent wise to sit a guy like Tapine.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I would like to see Joe Tapine ruled 110 per cent fit with the thumb before he comes back. No point risking him at this stage of the season.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: April 7, 2019, 10:00 pm I would like to see Joe Tapine ruled 110 per cent fit with the thumb before he comes back. No point risking him at this stage of the season.
Agree with that. We're 2-0 without him and while we're a better side with him we know his absence can be covered.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Williams
8. Papalii
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Sutton

14. Havili
15. Soliola
16. Tapine
17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

History teaches Canberra Raiders to temper great expectations

It's their best start to an NRL season in 14 years, but the Canberra Raiders need only look to 2005 to temper any growing expectations. Despite starting that season with a 4-0 win-loss record, the Green Machine finished second last and added just five more wins for the rest of the campaign.

"I don't read the negative crap and I don't the read the positive hype, and I don't expect my players to read it because I know the knives will be thrown at us again if we take our eye off the ball," coach Ricky Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14237
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I like the fact the 2005 side essentially **** the bed in that story, not the fact the squad imploded with injury and they were another injury off calling up local players cause there was noone left
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders taking confidence from closing out games: Sia Soliola

Raiders prop Sia Soliola says withstanding second-half pressure to beat the North Queensland Cowboys and Newcastle Knights built confidence their work during the pre-season was bearing fruit.

"It helps. It definitely helps with the confidence within the group because that's something that we've really worked on in the off-season," Soliola said. "To see it pan out in the game situations, it's hard to get that during training, but to see that come off in the games that's really, really encouraging.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I think Tapine will be straight back into the 2nd row.
I'm a little worried about Horsburgh though. Copped a pretty rough knock to the sternum from Scott shortly before be went off and didn't come back.

Assuming everyone is fit I'd like to see:
1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Williams
8. Papalli
9. Hodgson
10. Sutton
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Havili
15. Horsburgh
16. Lui
17. Soliola

Williams should be staying in off the back of some good wins. Sezer comes back through his good form or Sam's bad form.
Lui had a great game against the cows but Sutton is better and he's got that size to take it to the better packs.

I'm expecting Bateman at lock, Sutton back to the bench, Young to drop out and let's say a 60/40 chance that Sezer just comes straight back in.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

What day is Team Day Tuesday?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

reptar wrote: April 8, 2019, 5:50 am What day is Team Day Tuesday?
You're an idiot. I hope this helps.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

dubby wrote:1810 h on a Sunday. Geez we get some ordinary time slots.
6:10pm on a Sunday is such an ordinary game time. What happened to a 2pm and 4pm kick offs on Sundays!

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

LastRaider wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:51 am
dubby wrote:1810 h on a Sunday. Geez we get some ordinary time slots.
6:10pm on a Sunday is such an ordinary game time. What happened to a 2pm and 4pm kick offs on Sundays!

I think it's a combination of not wanting the 2pm game until it cools down, and testing the 6.10pm timeslot for crowds and viewing numbers as you'd imagine it'll become a permanent fixture when the comp expands to 18 teams.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I can't see 6:10 as a great time slot, when you have the FTA TV networks wheeling out shows like Married at First Sight and My Restaurant Rules at 7:00pm, and up against the big rating Sunday night news broadcasts.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Azza wrote:
reptar wrote: April 8, 2019, 5:50 am What day is Team Day Tuesday?
You're an idiot. I hope this helps.
Not really, but thanks anyway!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:19 am I can't see 6:10 as a great time slot, when you have the FTA TV networks wheeling out shows like Married at First Sight and My Restaurant Rules at 7:00pm, and up against the big rating Sunday night news broadcasts.
Sad state of affairs if shows of that “quality” trouble you. Theyre puss and the nrl would be negligent not to take advantage of the remaining viewership available.
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm just saying... there's an awful lot of people watching them.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:I'm just saying... there's awful people watching them.
Fixed
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote:I like the fact the 2005 side essentially **** the bed in that story, not the fact the squad imploded with injury and they were another injury off calling up local players cause there was noone left
That season was just terrible for injuries. We went through a few years of wretched injury runs. Probably because bonehead didn't know what a physio was, and was against modern medicine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

dubby wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:53 am
-TW- wrote:I like the fact the 2005 side essentially **** the bed in that story, not the fact the squad imploded with injury and they were another injury off calling up local players cause there was noone left
That season was just terrible for injuries. We went through a few years of wretched injury runs. Probably because bonehead didn't know what a physio was, and was against modern medicine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
While the homeopathy approach was a bold strategy it never really paid off on the field
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

BJ wrote: April 7, 2019, 6:32 pm
Kryptonite wrote:

Lui has been good. 4 games 0 errors and no line break causing missed tackles. That’s a good stat for a forward.
Yeah, I’m surprised by the drop Lui talk. The guy’s been great. His runs had punch on Saturday and he is so steady in defence. 100m from your third-best prop in not that many minutes is fantastic.

Also, Tapine comes straight back in when fit. No question.