No votes
Cowboys 13+
13%

Total votes: 15

edwahu

Re: 2019 Rd 4 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by edwahu »

Wiggy wrote: April 8, 2019, 9:57 am
PigRickman wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:55 am the gymnastics GH'ers are willing to go through in order to never accept we got a favourable call is really impressive. :lol:
Dude, you are not a hero for going onto a Canberra Raiders fan board, and pointing out that fans of the Canberra Raiders, can be biased towards the Canberra Raiders.

Being objective about footy is dumb IMO. Objectively, it's just 17 strangers vs 17 strangers throwing an air filled balloon around a piece of grass on the other side of the county.

Being biased is what makes footy fun.
You are a wise man Wiggy.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

edwahu wrote: April 8, 2019, 10:06 am
PigRickman wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:55 am the gymnastics GH'ers are willing to go through in order to never accept we got a favourable call is really impressive. :lol:
Dude, you are not a hero for going onto a Canberra Raiders fan board, and pointing out that fans of the Canberra Raiders, can be biased towards the Canberra Raiders.

Being objective about footy is dumb IMO. Objectively, it's just 17 strangers vs 17 strangers throwing an air filled balloon around a piece of grass on the other side of the county.

You are a wise man Wiggy.
It has been Peer Reviewed on the Greenhouse that Canberra Raiders fans barrack for the Canberra Raiders and so say all of us.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Yeah we got a lucky one there. Hope our luck holds for the parra game :D
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Round 4 moment of the week: Leipana magic: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ana-magic/

Raiders.com.au competition: Man of the Match: Raiders v Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... v-cowboys/
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Wiggy wrote: Dude, you are not a hero for going onto a Canberra Raiders fan board, and pointing out that fans of the Canberra Raiders, can be biased towards the Canberra Raiders.
Particularly when he doubles down by getting it wrong himself.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Got em
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

zim wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:12 am
You know what? The way we're defending our line, i dont think we need that much luck against a team like Parra
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Well Pigman has argued for offside On kick tries, when the replay has shown otherwise and he has also defended the referees decision when even the referees boss has later admitted they got it wrong.

I’d say the truth lies somewhere between Raiders fans views of poor refereeing and Pigmans defence of referees at the other end of the scale.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:52 am
Wiggy wrote: Dude, you are not a hero for going onto a Canberra Raiders fan board, and pointing out that fans of the Canberra Raiders, can be biased towards the Canberra Raiders.
:lol: Post the screen caps again, Gangers! i need a good laugh
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

PigRickman wrote: April 8, 2019, 12:31 pm
zim wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:12 am
You know what? The way we're defending our line, i dont think we need that much luck against a team like Parra
I agree I think we can beat them without luck but that right edge has me worried. Paulo generally like's to hang out wide on our other side (Wighton) but it's easy enough for him to target Williams instead. Moses has been really good at getting Shaun Lane 1 on 1 with his opposite half too. Any smaller half is going to struggle with either of those guys. On the other side Salmon is surprisingly evasive and hard to bring down.
If parra get some good ball our centres and second rowers are going to have a lot of hard decisions to make.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Soward's Power Rankings: Rampaging Roosters are No.1; Eels, Raiders rising

5. Canberra Raiders (7)
A great win on the road. They looked professional and confident in what they were doing, they defended great so it'll be interesting to see if they can keep this going. In the tight moments they're coming up trumps and Sam Williams has been great since coming in. A huge game this weekend against Parramatta.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/08/ram ... rs-rising/

The power of three: Keary, Bateman and Tedesco steal show says Mal Meninga: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/the ... teal-show/

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter
Vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders for the Round 4: NRL Team of the Week - Vote now https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/07/rou ... -the-week/ … via @NRL

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter
Canberra Raiders fans... vote LEILUA for this week's NRL Try of the Week! Choose who should win Try of the Week: Round 4 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/08/pic ... k-round-4/ via @NRL
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Vote for the Fox League Team of the Week:

Facebook: http://ow.ly/6jEt30omghT Vote RAIDERS
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FOXNRL/status/1115085605619347456 Vote #FOXRAIDERS
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote:
gangrenous wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:52 am
:lol: Post the screen caps again, Gangers! i need a good laugh
Tell us more about the Hodgson strip non-penalty.

Tell us more about how you sin bin players for obeying referee instructions.

And once you’re there maybe you’ll understand the point of the screen cap is not whether you think he’s back 10m, or back 8m. But showing it was clearly not the howler you made it out to be.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Gangers. You posted the screen cap arguing he was back 10 metres!!!
Now you freely accept he wasnt close to it.
Hahahah. Stop it.

The GG2MP has been set now, friend.
And i've now made an amendment, a referee **** up that negates a mandatory sin bin is not a howler! This policy strengthens itself by your every post!

(BTW, you BEMOANED the Sharks try last year when all they did was obey the referee's instructions hahah. This is quite a spot your putting yourself )
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 4 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Have you hit your head this week?

I said none of those things. Feel free to quote directly. Meanwhile you can’t at all defend what you have said.

My view is in no way in conflict with the Sharks decision.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:34 pm Tap taken 15m out

First contact initiated by Papalii, Papalii looks to have retreated to roughly the 5m.

Arguably fine.
That's you declaring Papalii retreated back to the 5m when your own screen shots clearly show he didnt sniff it.
Strong start!
greeneyed wrote: April 6, 2019, 10:06 pm Live, I though it was probably well off side and a sin bin. That shows it was pretty close and if, as someone has suggested, the referee called he's run 10... I'm not going to argue.
That's GE declaring he wont argue with an officials call if it's close
Getting better!
gangrenous wrote: April 7, 2019, 8:46 am You were pointing out supposed howlers.

Your argument is that the ref calling a player on side at the 8m mark is a heinous error of the highest order.
Thats you, saying it's not a howler or a heinous error that a referee calls a man onside at 8 metres, not 10. And mocking the idea that missing a obvious professional foul, which would result in 10 in the bin as being a howler.
I like this even more. Clear definitions. 2 metres offside is actually not a major issue, and missing a professional foul, which would be a top 3 in any game changing play, it not a heinous error.
gangrenous wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:07 pm And once you’re there maybe you’ll understand the point of the screen cap is not whether you think he’s back 10m, or back 8m. But showing it was clearly not the howler you made it out to be.
And this one reinforces that a) you actually accept he didnt get back 10, despite the first post above. And b) that the error is not howler.

That's the standard the GG2MP has set my dude. Offsides within 2 metres are just par for the course, missed professional fouls, par for the course. Close calls (which 8/10 metres, is a nice lovely 20% variance) within a 20% variance, we aint gonna argue with the officials about that!

I like it Gangers. I like it a lot.
:D :D

Now talk dirty to me, you sexy little minx.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:50 pm
gangrenous wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:34 pm Tap taken 15m out

First contact initiated by Papalii, Papalii looks to have retreated to roughly the 5m.

Arguably fine.
That's you declaring Papalii retreated back to the 5m when your own screen shots clearly show he didnt sniff it.
Strong start!
I'll buy you a dictionary for christmas. You can look up the words "roughly", "arguably", "clearly", and then re-evaluate this poor excuse for an argument.
greeneyed wrote: April 6, 2019, 10:06 pm Live, I though it was probably well off side and a sin bin. That shows it was pretty close and if, as someone has suggested, the referee called he's run 10... I'm not going to argue.
That's GE declaring he wont argue with an officials call if it's close
Getting better!
Not my post, you're pretty desperate for something to latch onto though.
gangrenous wrote: April 7, 2019, 8:46 am You were pointing out supposed howlers.

Your argument is that the ref calling a player on side at the 8m mark is a heinous error of the highest order.
Thats you, saying it's not a howler or a heinous error that a referee calls a man onside at 8 metres, not 10. And mocking the idea that missing a obvious professional foul, which would result in 10 in the bin as being a howler.
I like this even more. Clear definitions. 2 metres offside is actually not a major issue, and missing a professional foul, which would be a top 3 in any game changing play, it not a heinous error.
Nope, again first grade comprehension clearly not your thing. It's your argument he's clearly offside, not mine.

Based on the screenshot, where the referee stood, and where the penalty was given I think there's plenty of grey in this decision which has led to the referee making a call that Papalii has sufficiently retreated. You like yelling PROFESSIONAL FOUL a lot, but as others have pointed out to you, you can't sin bin a bloke for engaging when the referee tells him he can. Say the ref doesn't call that for another second or two, you do not know that Papalii would still have engaged there!

By extending your logic any time a referee sets the 10m line 9m back from a penalty because he hasn't judged it perfectly, and the team line up with him, we should put them all in the sin bin.
gangrenous wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:07 pm And once you’re there maybe you’ll understand the point of the screen cap is not whether you think he’s back 10m, or back 8m. But showing it was clearly not the howler you made it out to be.
And this one reinforces that a) you actually accept he didnt get back 10, despite the first post above. And b) that the error is not howler.
It doesn't really matter if he's back 10m or 9m or even 8m which is as far as you dare to stretch it. It's close, can't be a professional foul, and it's hard to see how the outcome would have changed had the referee called it slightly later. The player wasn't getting to the line.

So, you going to address the elephant in the room that you based your whole argument on nonsense about a Hodgson strip and how players should be sin binned for following the refs directions?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Bruh, if a quick tap is taken and a man initiates contact from an offside position, it not only can be a professional foul, it's mandatory that it is. :lol:

I've never argued that a player should be binned for for following refs directions. I've argued rather successfully care of your own screen caps that THE REFS **** UP IN OUR FAVOUR! :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Re Hodgson strip
Because I’m reasonable, I already addressed this, Gangers
PigRickman wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:18 pm
Pete Cash wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:03 pm
PigRickman wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:56 pm
Rick wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:43 pm Copped some crap calls and still smashed them. What an amazing team effort!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
OK. I dont recall any massive calls going against us. I do recall Papalii not even being penalised when he should have been sin binned, and i remember Hodgson making a huge play to release the pressure by getting a 1 on 1 steal that should have been a penalty too

So im not having this crap calls
I thought the strip was ok and the bloke fell off before Hodgson stripped it out. Not that I think we got a bad run of it
Yeah I only saw the live shot of it so you might be right
Live it looked a penalty all day.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 4 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Apologies, swearing fixed
Last edited by greeneyed on April 8, 2019, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image breaks for forum swearing guidelines
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Now that’s the dirty talk I’m looking for, Gangers :D
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

We were ok, and as with the Knights game comfortably the better side throughout though it didn´t show on the scoreboard.

Biggest plus for me in this one was the starting middles - Papa, Lui and Sutton were outstanding for mine. As with the Titans game in round 1, we were on the road and really dealt it to some big name players from the opposition. Good to see a return to form for Whitehead and Rapana also, as well as some promising touches out of Cotric.

Needless to say there are still a lot of errors we need to get out of our game if we want to stay competitive throughout the year. That we have responded pretty consistently to date in 2019 by keeping our heads and defending these errors is really positive, though no doubt aided at least in part by some fairly insipid opponents.

Parra will be a big test - looking forward to the game!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fox Sports NRL power rankings

4. RAIDERS (ladder position 3rd)

Ricky’s Raiders are no longer the ‘faders’ after holding off a second-half comeback from the Cowboys in Townsville for a comprehensive 30-12 win.

Canberra are 3-1 to start the season with wins over the Titans, Knights and Cowboys, but they need a top four scalp to hammer home their premiership credentials.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 707736df1b
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Is 4 a good amount of power?
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Not as good as 3, which the Eels have.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Joey Leilua selected at centre in NRL Team of the Week. Round 4 results: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/07/rou ... -the-week/
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

greeneyed wrote: April 9, 2019, 12:01 pm Joey Leilua selected at centre in NRL Team of the Week. Round 4 results: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/07/rou ... -the-week/
If he continues to be one of the best centres in the comp he will be a lot easier for us to get rid of! Gh logic
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha it really is ludicrous, isn't it??
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders.com.au competition for Moment of the Month: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... the-month/
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

The Rickman wrote: April 9, 2019, 12:09 pm
Haha it really is ludicrous, isn't it??
:lol:
WorkChoice
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

greeneyed wrote: April 9, 2019, 10:13 am Not as good as 3, which the Eels have.
To think they where so great against a side with half their team out.

Oh, and they had Dugan, when he felt like it.
WorkChoice
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Greedysmurf wrote: April 8, 2019, 6:36 am
gangrenous wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:34 pm Image

Tap taken 15m out

Arguably fine. At absolute worst it’s marginally a penalty to Cowboys. No way in hell it’s a sin bin.

So there you have it. We have another one of those bizarre cases where pigman comes out guns blazing to prove his fierce independence and as examples of *howlers* gives us one definitely correct call and one arguable call.
Watching live, I thought it was a sin bin as well. But on a re-watch, it is fine.

The penalty given was for a chicken wing on Matt Scott, now look at Gangrenous's screen cap #1. See Matt Scott, on the ground right next to the Ref. Morgan is at least a metre in front of him when tapping the ball. If the Ref chooses to allow Morgan to continue with the tap from there, fine, but the ten metres is still measured from Matt Scott's position. Hence Papa's first contact is about 10 metres back, no professional foul, no sin bin. If you want to argue the 'correct' call, the Ref should have called Morgan back and made him tap it on the mark.
I'm quite OK with that being a sin bin, as long as the 500 other times it happens during games over the year cop a sin bin.

But yeah, he should have been told to take the tap where the tackle was made. We've been pulled up on that a couple of times already this season.