No votes
Cowboys 13+
13%

Total votes: 15

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 4 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

exrefhollywood wrote:Imagine if we had a half and five eighth of some quality instead of the numpties we have running around for us......we would be a top 4 team :D
Check the ladder mate ImageImage
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Old School Green wrote:How good is Team Song reverberating through the walls whilst Green is giving his presser Image
Side note; so glad that raps reverted to old faithful team song and consigned that Soliola led dross to the 'one time only' pile
The last 2 weeks i have listened, watched and listened and watched trying to work out how it had changed lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

First time in 15 years Raiders have won their first 2 away games.. both this year were in QLD no less
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Catch a replay of The Greenhouse Live after the Canberra Raiders win over the North Queensland Cowboys! Watch our Facebook LIve broadcast on fb.me/TheGHRaiders... and now on YouTube!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33312&start=420#p1648957

Plus you can hear a replay of The Greenhouse Live for Round 4 on #SoundCloud : https://soundcloud.com/greenhouse-raide ... nd-cowboys
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote:
Keghead wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:44 pm
T_R wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:25 pm
Keghead wrote:
dubby wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:47 pm Maybe both??

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Bit of both but I don't write the team off (Dubby) and pretend I know everything (TR).
I just come here to endlessly post enraged and deeply ungrammatical commentary about people who don't see Jack Wighton as the second coming of Dally Meesenger.
Well that's nice of you.....carry on then. Meesenger? Great grammar there Mr Lecturer is there anything else you can teach us? :roflmao
:D Bless

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

gangrenous wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:59 pm
exrefhollywood wrote:Imagine if we had a half and five eighth of some quality instead of the numpties we have running around for us......we would be a top 4 team :D
Mate.......have a look how we are playing, if we had either a half/ five eighth or one of them, we would be smoking it
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

The last two weeks we should have put the game to bed before half time
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

exrefhollywood wrote: April 6, 2019, 9:18 pm
Mate.......have a look how we are playing, if we had either a half/ five eighth or one of them, we would be smoking it
And mate....if you think Williams or Wighton are winning you are premiership.......you are kidding yourself
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

exrefhollywood wrote: April 6, 2019, 9:18 pm
And mate....if you think Williams or Wighton are winning you are premiership.......you are kidding yourself
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

What was that bill? Not sure I heard you the first 47 times.
Side note: I think I'm actually starting to gain confidence in our goal line defence. It feels.. Nice.
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus

Post by exrefhollywood »

Our defense has been pretty good for the first four weeks, it won us the game against Newcastle and cowboys, and got us back in the game against Melbourne.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

dubby wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:37 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:08 pm Williams miles ahead of Sezer as a half it has to be said loudly.

His composed and smart play led to that opportunity.
Ed, Williams was poor tonight
He gives the team some composure under pressure. Under the pump there Sezer would have been running around trying for a miracle play and putting us under even more pressure, he did it all last year.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

afgtnk wrote: April 6, 2019, 5:40 pm Pending on the outcome of this game, I honestly think we'd be flagged as premiership contenders at this stage if we had better halves.

The cuts and additions Sticky's made in the forwards so far seems to be a masterstroke.
It's like he can't teach a half to do the things he could (because... genius...) but jee he knows who he'd want in front of him :roflmao
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

exrefhollywood wrote: April 6, 2019, 9:49 pm Our defense has been pretty good for the first four weeks, it won us the game against Newcastle and cowboys, and got us back in the game against Melbourne.
We have a defensive identity as a team for the first time in ages.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

gergreg wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:44 pm
PigRickman wrote:edit: **** it. We won, im not going to bother with this tin hat nonsense.
Thankfully the players have moved on from the 'woe is me' attitude that plagued the side last year. It's character building having crap calls go against you to then muscle up and defend those calls. Maybe our supporter base could follow their lead.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Preach!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:34 pm Image

Tap taken 15m out

First contact initiated by Papalii, Papalii looks to have retreated to roughly the 5m.

Arguably fine. At absolute worst it’s marginally a penalty to Cowboys. No way in hell it’s a sin bin.
Live, I though it was probably well off side and a sin bin. That shows it was pretty close and if, as someone has suggested, the referee called he's run 10... I'm not going to argue.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Gotta say I'm loving the way Rick spoke in that presser. Played it down, not getting too ahead of himself. And he's correct. We weren't that good. In the past I feel he's slightly overplayed some of our wins. Good to see the great man is learning.
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Hazza wrote: April 6, 2019, 10:21 pm Gotta say I'm loving the way Rick spoke in that presser. Played it down, not getting too ahead of himself. And he's correct. We weren't that good. In the past I feel he's slightly overplayed some of our wins. Good to see the great man is learning.
Loving everything the Great Man is doing for us at the moment.

Are there any negos out there who are prepared to join us on the hype train?? I’d say you’ve got another week, max, before you’ll be labelled as bandwagoners.

Address all Rick-Clique correspondence to either The Rickman (President) or PigRickMan (Secretary) - they will be happy to sort you out and welcome you as a card-carrying Rick-head for season 2019
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Ultima wrote: April 6, 2019, 5:05 pm What a BS penalty.... They were tangled up ****!
Cheer up man
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Ultima wrote: April 6, 2019, 5:07 pm Wow, we are pulling a Tigers.... Finding a way to lose!
Not really
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Satisfied Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart hails old heads and new hands

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart offered a ray of hope for the North Queensland Cowboys after his side produced a workmanlike 30-12 win in Townsville on Saturday night.

“It was a pretty messy game. We gave them a lot of opportunity to win in the second half but they were probably just a little bit worse than us.”

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/sat ... new-hands/

Perform or perish: Green lays down law to Cowboys: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/per ... o-cowboys/
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Mission Accomplished = 2 Competition points. Raiders now on 6 competition points after 4 matches. It took us 8 matches to reach 6 competition points last year.

Fox commentators said the Cowboys completions were down at 66%. Once again we have benefited from poor opposition handling. Having said that, our defence seemed to recover well enough. Early days in the comp yet, but this group of players appear to be more committed to achieving better defensive outcomes and go about it with better fitness and athleticism.

I was surprised by the number of Raiders players crowding around the ruck when we were attacking in the first half. To me they were in each others way. As a result there was less clean ball finding the target and it made the attack look uncoordinated, unplanned and not what I was expecting following an 8 day turn around. It may well have been they were too eager. In the end no problem as we got the 2 points but I'm sure Sticky will be looking at that and the set up for the last tackle options during the week. Eels at home next Sunday after another 8 day turn around.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but...

How about our boys belting out the team song while Green was talking to the media.

Gold !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Always good to win a game where you don’t play that well for the full 80.

First half we completely dominated most of it. Our forwards destroyed them through the middle and realistically we should have capitalised a lot more on the number of errors the cowboys made.

In the second half the cowboys started completing some sets and getting into the grind. Instead of rolling up our sleeves we started making some silly errors that put us under a lot of pressure. The papalii offload to no one that resulted in a knock on stands out as the kind of play we need to eliminate from our game completely. To beat the top teams we need to learn to grind it out for much longer periods without being the team that blinks first.

Our defence was solid and while there is plenty of room for improvement there were some fantastic 1:1 tackles across the park that had to be made and were. Whitehead and BJ both made a few. In the end our defence probably made the difference between the 2 teams.

The last try was indicative of a shift that is starting to happen in the team. Whitehead did a great job to win the ball and progress downfield. Rather than look for miracle passes to score straight away we had a couple of strong runs out of dummy half against a retreating defence and then a nice offload to give Rapana the chance to score. I don’t think we would have score like that in he past few years, it would have been a try on the first play or an error and turnover.

Good signs but also plenty to work on. It’s encouraging to be winning games playing well below our potential.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Whitey was great.

After the charge down and the favourable bounce he looked up and saw open space.

"Just 80m to the try line" he thought.

It was never going to happen.

If that was Croker or Wighton it's shut the gate !'
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Just went on to NRL stats which has a listing of the Top 50 INEFFECTIVE tackle players in the NRL. There is not a single Raiders player in the Top 50 (should read bottom 50) for this stat. Well done to the coaching staff and players. However in terms of missed tackles we have 3. Hodgo, Bateman and Jack. However Hodgo and Bateman are also in the list of Top 50 for tackles made, so if you attempt a lot then some will be missed.

Hodgo and Bateman could not lock up the ball on Morgan and he offloaded for the Cooper try last night. Something to work on - locking up the football. Eels are third in the league in this offload category so I hope we will use some of our 8 day turnaround to look at ways to counter it.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

-PJ- wrote: April 7, 2019, 6:57 am Whitey was great.

After the charge down and the favourable bounce he looked up and saw open space.

"Just 80m to the try line" he thought.

It was never going to happen.

If that was Croker or Wighton it's shut the gate !'
When I saw the charge-down and favourable bounce I got incredibly excited for a second...until I realised who it was that had taken it. :lol: Sorry Whitehead, we do love you, but you ain't fast.

I'm still sitting here smiling at our composure and our defense. It seems we've really made some steps forward.

Also, while everyone is losing their minds over Leipana...I very much enjoyed watching Wighton-Croker-Cotric make their combo click back into place last night. Though jeebus, I near had a heart attack when Cotric was slow to get up from the first try.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Tap taken 15m out

First contact initiated by Papalii, Papalii looks to have retreated to roughly the 5m.

Arguably fine. At absolute worst it’s marginally a penalty to Cowboys. No way in hell it’s a sin bin.

So there you have it. We have another one of those bizarre cases where pigman comes out guns blazing to prove his fierce independence and as examples of *howlers* gives us one definitely correct call and one arguable call.
You need your eyes checked if you think papalii is making contact roughly the 5m hahaha
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Papa should have been binned..

We dodged a bullet there !!

But hey..winners are grinners.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

-PJ- wrote: April 7, 2019, 7:40 am Papa should have been binned..

Indeed!
But winners around here can’t be grinners
We still gotta come in here bitching about officials
It’s pathetic
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: April 6, 2019, 10:06 pm

Tap taken 15m out

Live, I though it was probably well off side and a sin bin. That shows it was pretty close and if, as someone has suggested, the referee called he's run 10... I'm not going to argue.
You’ll regret this Fergus!
So you’re telling me if it’s close and the ref makes a call, we shouldn’t argue?

Hahah. You’re REALLY going to regret that, old boy
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

PigRickman wrote: April 7, 2019, 7:43 am
-PJ- wrote: April 7, 2019, 7:40 am Papa should have been binned..

Indeed!
But winners around here can’t be grinners
We still gotta come in here bitching about officials
It’s pathetic
Plenty of time for bit-chin !!!

It's only rnd 4 :thumbsup
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Re-watched the game. We were really impressive defensively. We gave up a lot of ball for a 20 odd minute period in the 2nd half and defended most of it. They scored when Sammy came up quick and Bateman missed Morgan. Considering the conditions as well , our 1st hot game , we worked our way back into the game in the last 10 minutes. That is the complete opposite of what we did last year.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

PigRickman wrote: April 7, 2019, 7:45 am
greeneyed wrote: April 6, 2019, 10:06 pm

Tap taken 15m out

You’ll regret this Fergus!
So you’re telling me if it’s close and the ref makes a call, we shouldn’t argue?

Hahah. You’re REALLY going to regret that, old boy
If the refs called “gone ten” prior to papali engaging in the tackle (hes allowed to continue to retreat in a straight line) then I don’t know what the problem is here? If the ref doesnt call it, he doesnt engage? **** are you going on about pig? It cant be a penalty. The ref got his measurements wrong but thats before paps makes a tackle
Dont delete this GE