Total votes: 15

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 Rd 4 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Botman »

Pete Cash wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:03 pm
PigRickman wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:56 pm
Rick wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:43 pm Copped some crap calls and still smashed them. What an amazing team effort!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
OK. I dont recall any massive calls going against us. I do recall Papalii not even being penalised when he should have been sin binned, and i remember Hodgson making a huge play to release the pressure by getting a 1 on 1 steal that should have been a penalty too

So im not having this crap calls
I thought the strip was ok and the bloke fell off before Hodgson stripped it out. Not that I think we got a bad run of it
Yeah I only saw the live shot of it so you might be right
Live it looked a penalty all day.

But the papalii was was horrendous and could have changed the entire complexion of the game
We haven’t got much to complain about today imo
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Refs called gone 10 before Paps made an attempt. He was running back and the Cows ran at him. He didn't make an attempt until after that call. No penalty

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

PigRickman wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:10 pm The attack is still very reliant on individual brilliance but it feels like we can get by on that if we defend as well as we have in the red zone so far this year
imo our attack has always been pretty reliant on individual brilliance. We needed to add composure and defence to that brilliance - and the evidence so far is encouraging. We are slowing the game down when needed and speeding it up when we're on top.We've conceded 44 in 4 games, and 22 of them came against the Storm on a 5 day turnaround (after playing in a monsoon). Exciting times. We are a legit side.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:19 pm Refs called gone 10 before Paps made an attempt. He was running back and the Cows ran at him. He didn't make an attempt until after that call. No penalty

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yeah we know, that's the error we're speaking about. At no point did that ball runner get close to 10, nor Papalii get close to retreating 10. It was an open and shut penalty and professional foul. The refs **** up badly, and as said, that could have changed the entire game.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Pete Cash wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:03 pm
PigRickman wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:56 pm
Rick wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:43 pm Copped some crap calls and still smashed them. What an amazing team effort!

OK. I dont recall any massive calls going against us. I do recall Papalii not even being penalised when he should have been sin binned, and i remember Hodgson making a huge play to release the pressure by getting a 1 on 1 steal that should have been a penalty too

I thought the strip was ok and the bloke fell off before Hodgson stripped it out. Not that I think we got a bad run of it
The strip was definitely legal.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

The BJ run out of dummy half on the 5th when Morgan was never square could have been a bin too.

So impres
sed how we played tonight, errors and dump plays yes, but this is a game we lose last year.

We hung in with good defence then closed it out at the end
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

I see a couple of you suggesting that Papalii should have been binned. My take on it was that the tap was taken about 15m out and Papalii wasn't involved in the tackle until about 3m out. The runner had run more than 10m which means he can be tackled which is my guess as to why he wasn't penalised. (unless the rules have changed which they fairly regularly)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yep, pigman stretching here for blunders in Raiders favour. Hodgson was 100% correct and Papalii looked reasonable on replay too.

Meanwhile I’d like to see that cowboys scrum. Plus the one Croker was penalised for backchat on was a bad call (although as I mentioned in the thread, I think they recognised this and didn’t penalise Whiteheads interference shortly after).

Refereeing wasn’t horrible today. I felt like the Cows got the slight rub of the green, mainly in some of the knock on calls
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:35 pm I felt like the Cows got the slight rub of the green, mainly in some of the knock on calls
Of course, Greeny
You've never seen a single raiders game that you've thought he came out on top with the officials

BTW there nothing reasonable about the Papalii one. It's the type of call YOU would be howling for weeks about. It was clear, cut and dry. Penalty and sin bin.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Still happy.

Another Sunday of wearing the colours..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

-PJ- wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:40 pm Still happy.

Way its going might have to be washed soon PJ
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

I am really struggling with all of this rubbish

We won and we won ugly and we won well. This is a hallmark of successful teams over so many years.

I for one are now onboard....its has been soooooooooo long since I have been so happy and confident in my team
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Johno wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:43 pm
-PJ- wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:40 pm Still happy.

Way its going might have to be washed soon PJ
Luckily there's plenty of green to choose from.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

PigRickman wrote:

Cows throwing the ball into their own player for them to call raiders knock on and then further match us 10 for the captain pointing it out.

Cows knocking it on at the scrum for it to be play on.

CNK taken in the air.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

edit: **** it. We won, im not going to bother with this tin hat nonsense.
Last edited by Botman on April 6, 2019, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Only saw parts of this game, looked a bit scrappy, but I was pleased with our defensive efforts on what I did see, and our attack was reasonable.

Looking forward to next week! Also, while I was still VERY nervous in the last 10...I guess the scarring from last year will take time to fade...I did have a smidge more confidence that we could hold them out.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

PigRickman wrote:We didnt get marched for point it out, we got marched because our captain gave the referee an almighty serve :lol:
Good grief
As he should have. It was a terrible call.

Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

edwahu wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:14 pm Whitehead with a monster game. Might be worth keeping.
:lol: Nice one ED
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Jordan Rapana brings up the century in style as Canberra Raiders hold off North Queensland Cowboys

Jordan Rapana's 100th NRL game was always going to be special. Well action packed at the very least. It turned out to be both. He scored a double, set one up for his best mate Joey Leilua as the Canberra Raiders beat the North Queensland Cowboys 30-12 in Townsville on Saturday.

"We gave them a lot of opportunity to win there in the second half, but they were probably just a little bit worse than us," Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 51aih.html

When will Croker's reign of records end?

His 14-point haul against the North Queensland Cowboys, which included one try and five goals, has taken him into the top-10 all-time point-scorers in the league's history. He's cruised past former Parramatta star Luke Burt, who finished his career on 1793, to 1804. Next in his sights? South Sydney's Eric Simms (1841).

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 51bif.html

No signature fade-out this time as Raiders hold off Cowboys: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 51bkc.html

Raiders heap more pain on Cowboys with strong win: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/can ... d-cowboys/

Raiders outlast Cowboys in Townsville: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... ownsville/

Team Song: Raiders v Cowboys: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/04 ... v-cowboys/

'Best outside backs' lead Canberra Raiders into NRL top four with win over Cowboys: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/raiders-be ... 03d07fde59

Last edited by The Greenhouse on April 6, 2019, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I thought they got the rub of the green also. Typical home game penalties.. But I was coming on here to wrap the maturity of our side.... the cowboys had all the momentum, in years gone by we lose this game by plenty. But now Hodgo does a one on one steal, stays down to have a breather, then finds touch... changed the complexion of the game. It's stuff I've been seeing go against us for years.. we are now making it look easy
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

dubby wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:47 pm
T_R wrote:
Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:24 pm Looking at our roster, if you'd told me before round one we'd be winning games through the middle Id have been pretty pleased.
If anyone told you anything you wouldn't listen big head
Do you follow football, or do you just come here to be a bitch?
Maybe both??

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Bit of both but I don't write the team off (Dubby) and pretend I know everything (TR).
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Rd 4 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by BJ »

Raiders got lucky with a big on side call on Papalli, but Cowboys got lucky on a number of little knock on calls going against us. (We had a couple of knock backs called forward, they had a couple of knockons let go).

But none of them had an impact on the outcome. Better team clearly won.
Last edited by BJ on April 6, 2019, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote:
gangrenous wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:35 pm I felt like the Cows got the slight rub of the green, mainly in some of the knock on calls
Of course, Greeny
You've never seen a single raiders game that you've thought he came out on top with the officials

BTW there nothing reasonable about the Papalii one. It's the type of call YOU would be howling for weeks about. It was clear, cut and dry. Penalty and sin bin.
I spent last week proving the Williams try was the correct call.

Go watch the Papalii one again.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

PigRickman wrote: April 6, 2019, 7:40 pm
Of course, Greeny

How is it so cut and dry as soon the ball runner runs 10m from the tap those players retreating to the 10 can make a tackle. Are you trying to claim he definitely hadn't run 10m before Papalii joined the tackle.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Sam Williams No try?! Haha BOY! Ive got the track that **** show down!!

I've seen it plenty enough. Hope your hats are thermal insulated this year Greeny. You might be a total crackpot but you should at least be warm for the winter months
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote:
Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote: April 6, 2019, 6:24 pm Looking at our roster, if you'd told me before round one we'd be winning games through the middle Id have been pretty pleased.
Maybe both??

Bit of both but I don't write the team off (Dubby) and pretend I know everything (TR).
I just come here to endlessly post enraged and deeply ungrammatical commentary about people who don't see Jack Wighton as the second coming of Dally Meesenger.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Rick.

That is all
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 4 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Tap taken 15m out

First contact initiated by Papalii, Papalii looks to have retreated to roughly the 5m.

Arguably fine. At absolute worst it’s marginally a penalty to Cowboys. No way in hell it’s a sin bin.

So there you have it. We have another one of those bizarre cases where pigman comes out guns blazing to prove his fierce independence and as examples of *howlers* gives us one definitely correct call and one arguable call.
Last edited by gangrenous on April 6, 2019, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Ultima wrote: April 6, 2019, 5:43 pm What crap from the refs... They want respect but won't **** give any of it...
Zzzzzzz
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

PigRickman wrote:edit: **** it. We won, im not going to bother with this tin hat nonsense.
Thankfully the players have moved on from the 'woe is me' attitude that plagued the side last year. It's character building having crap calls go against you to then muscle up and defend those calls. Maybe our supporter base could follow their lead.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

T_R wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:25 pm
Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote:
Keghead wrote:
Maybe both??

I just come here to endlessly post enraged and deeply ungrammatical commentary about people who don't see Jack Wighton as the second coming of Dally Meesenger.
Well that's nice of you.....carry on then. Meesenger? Great grammar there Mr Spot On.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

Keghead wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:44 pm
T_R wrote: April 6, 2019, 8:25 pm
Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote:Do you follow football, or do you just come here to be a bitch?
Maybe both??

Well that's nice of you.....carry on then. Meesenger? Great grammar there Mr Lecturer is there anything else you can teach us? :roflmao
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

How good is Team Song reverberating through the walls whilst Green is giving his presser 😂
Side note; so glad that raps reverted to old faithful team song and consigned that Soliola led dross to the 'one time only' pile
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

Imagine if we had a half and five eighth of some quality instead of the numpties we have running around for us......we would be a top 4 team :D
exrefhollywood
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: thurling

Post by exrefhollywood »

Imagine if we had a half and five eighth of some quality instead of the numpties we have running around for us......we would be a top 4 team :D