Knights 13+
12%

Total votes: 17

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2019 Rd 3 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Canberra Milk »

All this talk of containing Klemmer, come on, he's not Taumololo. He'll do one hitup a set and nothing Papa shouldn't be able to handle.

I do agree we're short one genuine starting prop though. Lui better suited to a bench role imo
Rickmando wrote: March 28, 2019, 2:03 pm
BadnMean wrote: March 28, 2019, 12:58 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 28, 2019, 11:38 am Wiser Canberra Raiders won't be caught sleepwalking against Newcastle Knights

Canberra co-captain Josh Hodgson said the Raiders can't afford to continue to play catch-up football if they are to overcome Newcastle on Friday night at Canberra Stadium.

"Last week we didn't have enough aggression getting off our line, especially early in the game and that allowed the Storm to get out to a lead," Hodgson said. "That start probably killed us for the rest of the game because they're always going to be a tough side if you give them a start like that.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/28/wis ... t-knights/
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/27/rai ... --round-3/
It's been a year of that now Joshy...
And why can’t they pump themselves up to do it in the first 20 minutes, when fatigue isn’t a factor??? Can anyone think of a reason, other than they must be a bunch of mental midgets??

Good grief
Hopefully it's just the five day turnaround, especially early in the season when we aren't match fit yet. Not really an excuse I know but hopefully
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

No Sezer !!!

Who's going to kick the field goal when we're 18nil up ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2019 Rd 3 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by LastRaider »

I don’t think anyone is to sad about the omission of Sezar from the team tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

CJ42 wrote: March 28, 2019, 5:15 pm
LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 28, 2019, 1:05 pm Wacko’s Whispers: Late mail for round three of the 2019 NRL season

The Raiders will have no changes to the 17 named though there will be a positional change with Ryan Sutton moving to the bench and Sia Soliola starting at lock. Debutant Hudson Young has been confirmed to make his NRL debut from the bench

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 31a6761abf
god, he's nailed another whisper hasn't he :lol:
:lol:
WorkChoice
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

PerthRaider86 wrote: March 28, 2019, 5:37 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 28, 2019, 5:03 pm Canberra Raiders lose Aidan Sezer on eve of Newcastle Knights game

The Canberra Raiders' have suffered a massive blow on the eve of their crucial Newcastle Knights game, losing key playmaker Aidan Sezer to an oblique injury. Sam Williams will come in at halfback for his first chance to partner new five-eighth Jack Wighton, with Raiders coach Ricky Stuart unsure how long Sezer will be out for.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 518dh.html

UPDATED MATCH PREVIEW: Squad changes for both teams: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33294&p=1646276#p1646022

Squad Update: Raiders v Knights: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... v-knights/

VIDEO: Captains Comment: Croker and Hodgson preview Knights clash: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... hts-clash/
Dont see Williams as an upgrade on Sezer to be honest........... But we have no one else........... :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:
If you read the article it states we're losing a key playmaker, anyone coming in isn't going to be an upgrade.

No team losing their key playmaker is going to have someone come in as an upgrade.

Massive blow indeed
WorkChoice
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

BadnMean wrote: March 28, 2019, 5:08 pm
Rickmando wrote: March 28, 2019, 2:03 pm
BadnMean wrote: March 28, 2019, 12:58 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 28, 2019, 11:38 am Wiser Canberra Raiders won't be caught sleepwalking against Newcastle Knights

Canberra co-captain Josh Hodgson said the Raiders can't afford to continue to play catch-up football if they are to overcome Newcastle on Friday night at Canberra Stadium.

"Last week we didn't have enough aggression getting off our line, especially early in the game and that allowed the Storm to get out to a lead," Hodgson said. "That start probably killed us for the rest of the game because they're always going to be a tough side if you give them a start like that.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/27/rai ... --round-3/
It's been a year of that now Joshy...
And why can’t they pump themselves up to do it in the first 20 minutes, when fatigue isn’t a factor??? Can anyone think of a reason, other than they must be a bunch of mental midgets??

Good grief
You're slipping RIckmando! Surely our fearless leaders have that covered!
Fully behind him BnM, keep the faith my man. Rick isn’t the one out there not running up in defence or missing the tackles!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bradley Clyde barmy about Ricky Stuart's English Canberra Raiders

Barmy Army! Ricky Stuart's - Barmy Army! Ricky Stuart's - Barmy Army! Ricky Stuart's - Barmy Army!

"It's a good strategy that Ricky and the team are drawing on some English players," Raiders legend Brad Clyde said. "They've got some enormous talent. A lot to offer the NRL. There have been some issues with recruiting players from warmer climates. I don't know what it is."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 518j1.html
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

So Sezer trained in the Captains Run, I wonder if he looked bad and combined with last week he has been dropped for Williams?
Williams must of looked good in the Captains Run

In Ricky We Trust
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The coach said Sezer has played with the injury the past two weeks, so Aidan's probably finally succumbed to it.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Yes but I don’t always believe what the Coach tells us

In Ricky We Trust
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Re: 2019 Rd 3 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*l

Post by scotchberry »

Going to be a lot of pressure on Bateman and I would say probably best he plays 80minutes out wide.

We could potentially see a Williams, Rookie (Young) and BJ right edge defensive line up against Ponga :nooo
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Brew wrote: March 28, 2019, 7:50 pm So Sezer trained in the Captains Run, I wonder if he looked bad and combined with last week he has been dropped for Williams?

You don't drop your key playmaker for a journeyman.

We will struggle without him.
WorkChoice
w3b3d1g1
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by w3b3d1g1 »

Sezer is gone for good!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2019 Rd 3 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gangrenous »

Sauce?

Ah you reckon Williams won’t let him back?
Last edited by gangrenous on March 28, 2019, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

LastRaider wrote: March 28, 2019, 6:09 pm I don’t think anyone is to sad about the omission of Sezar from the team tomorrow night

It is Sezer. I am sad about it.

Really hope Sammy does well but Sezer would be my first choice.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I'm 'meh' about it. Sezer is the better defender so that's a negative, Williams is better with the ball and kicking. Our chances haven't diminished either way.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Looking at my weather app there's rain scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Possibly severe rain too... the forecast is not usually wrong this soon out... we're likely looking at another Titans type game

I was hoping this game could be a good indicator of where we're at but not if it's that wet again
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BadnMean wrote: March 28, 2019, 1:43 pm
RedRaider wrote: March 28, 2019, 1:04 pm Agree Hodgo. Linespeed is one thing, but aggressive contact with the ball carrier and if possible driving them backwards is a key to disrupting the opposition attacking momentum. The Chooks in last years Grandfinal had a similar size pack to us. The defensive aggression they showed should be a template for us and was not often apparent last week. The Knights will be looking to Klemmer for 'go forward'. We need numbers in the tackle for 80 minutes and not be content to make contact and then fall backwards.
People keep saying they had a similar sized pack to us but they also had a big scary giant running around to intimidate- Napa. He flattens smaller forwards and negates the big ones.

We don't have one...
I thought the Chooks were on top defensively all match. Napa had a good year, but I don't know that his 23 minutes off the bench was a determining factor in the grandfinal. My watching of the grandfinal was that the Chooks were determined to disrupt the Storm attack with aggressive defence from the get go and they did. I long for the day when we can match that defensive aggression over 80 minutes.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I am a Sam supporter so I am happy he will play FG, but I don't want to see any Raiders contracted player injured. Oblique injury may have been an explanation for the Sezer performance last week. This week we will see two players who have come through our junior system as our halves pairing. Go get 'em boys.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

LP Raider wrote: March 28, 2019, 8:41 pm
Brew wrote: March 28, 2019, 7:50 pm So Sezer trained in the Captains Run, I wonder if he looked bad and combined with last week he has been dropped for Williams?

You don't drop your key playmaker for a journeyman.

We will struggle without him.
Both are journeyman. It's funny to think there is only 3 months difference between them in age.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Sezer has been dropped. No doubt about it. And it's the right call. His performance last week was the worst by a half back since Matt Orford, who you might recall also got 'injured' after that performance never to return again.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Before june 30 ... George Williams to Raiders... Sezer to the doggies.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

For anyone else wondering, an oblique injury is a side strain injury caused by tearing of the internal oblique muscle from the under surface of one of the lower four ribs or costal cartilages. It is common in lawn bowlers.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Music to my ears. I'll believe it when i see it however.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

woppadingo wrote: March 29, 2019, 7:38 am Before june 30 ... George Williams to Raiders... Sezer to the doggies.
Dropping Sezer now doesn't need to happen for that though.

Dogs squad is also at the full 30 so they would need to offload one player somehow.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

I don't think Sezer was dropped as such, I do think he could've played though. If that makes sense. There is an injury there, he's probably about 80%. It's an injury he could've played with though.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Beejay wrote: March 29, 2019, 8:14 am

Music to my ears. I'll believe it when i see it however.
That’s quite alarming, it was the second game of the year for Christ’s sake. If you can’t get up for the second game, something has to change.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

woppadingo wrote: March 29, 2019, 7:38 am Before june 30 ... George Williams to Raiders... Sezer to the doggies.
The Dogs still have cap issues and Sezer is on a decent amount of money. We'd have to wear an awful lot of his salary and it's not like we have a lot of room in our cap either.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Footy Flashback: Raiders v Knights: Round 7 of the 2004 season when the Raiders host the Knights at Bruce Stadium: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/29/foo ... v-knights/

Two League Rewind Raiders matches on Fox League now, the first against the Knights from 1994. The Mullins scores four game.

The next is a clash with the Eels.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Timbo wrote: March 29, 2019, 10:39 am
The Dogs still have cap issues and Sezer is on a decent amount of money. We'd have to wear an awful lot of his salary and it's not like we have a lot of room in our cap either.
The Dogs have to shop at least 1 player. Perhaps Wigan would be more interested in picking up someone on good money from them, in lieu of a transfer fee.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

RedRaider wrote: March 29, 2019, 5:41 am
BadnMean wrote: March 28, 2019, 1:43 pm
RedRaider wrote: March 28, 2019, 1:04 pm Agree Hodgo. Linespeed is one thing, but aggressive contact with the ball carrier and if possible driving them backwards is a key to disrupting the opposition attacking momentum. The Chooks in last years Grandfinal had a similar size pack to us. The defensive aggression they showed should be a template for us and was not often apparent last week. The Knights will be looking to Klemmer for 'go forward'. We need numbers in the tackle for 80 minutes and not be content to make contact and then fall backwards.
People keep saying they had a similar sized pack to us but they also had a big scary giant running around to intimidate- Napa. He flattens smaller forwards and negates the big ones.

We don't have one...
I thought the Chooks were on top defensively all match. Napa had a good year, but I don't know that his 23 minutes off the bench was a determining factor in the grandfinal. My watching of the grandfinal was that the Chooks were determined to disrupt the Storm attack with aggressive defence from the get go and they did. I long for the day when we can match that defensive aggression over 80 minutes.
Interesting that hit got credited to Napa. I thought the two other Chooks players had a far hand in it.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

It’s just an example I found in 5 mins on YouTube.

The point is every time I warchRorters he’s running around like a maniac smashing other teams props in defence. Leading line speed and hitting so hard you can build line speed off his shots because he stops people cold.

We don’t have enough of that. We seem to have to catch and hug big pack while they waltz us forward an extra 5m.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

We're 1/13. Tad surprising
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Agree with you BnM. We need more sting and less dance on first contact.