25%
Storm 13+
13%

Total votes: 16

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Rd 2 V Storm: Game Day

Post by greeneyed »

Brew wrote: March 24, 2019, 6:49 pm Does anyone know why the captain (or captains) are no longer part of the press conferences after the game anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
It's strange... but it might be part of a deal for journalists to get greater access to the sheds after the games. We're seeing a lot more post match comments from a wider range of players. Plus the media now gets access to the post game victory songs... and some TV broadcasts come from the sheds post game. It's never really been explained.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

gangrenous wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: Hopefully Corey pays no attention, and I'm sure Ricky and the senior players will tell him the same.
Hmmm... if they share your attitude then no wonder we don’t learn from mistakes.

He had a shocker. He should be very focussed on fixing it if he likes playing first grade.
You've completely missed my point.

Yeah he didnt have the greatest game. But in my opinion it didn't deserve the time that was spent focusing on it in the 5 minute coverage of the match from one of the game's "legends". There were plenty of issues with individual efforts during the game. why pick on a 2 game rookie and spend all your time talking about one incident that wasn't why we lost?

What needs working out will be worked out at training. What Corey shouldn't pay attention to is Channel 9s garbage coverage.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
PigRickman wrote: March 24, 2019, 12:17 pm Don’t watch channel 9 and stunned by anyone who does
But let’s not pretend Horsburgh is a finished product above constructive criticism

If that’s what Sterling was delivering, fair enough.
We all like this kid and see a bright future but there no question he had a VERY poor game on the weekend
The Sunday Footy Show is a pretty good show. I always watch Fox League in preference to Nine... but Fox League can be pretty boof head like these days themselves. Matty Johns, Fletch and Hindy, the "Professor"... they're all the biggest boof heads of rugby league magazine shows. Nine seems to have lost Beau Ryan (?) but they have brought in Sam Thaiday... so they are putting up a big challenge to reclaim the title for the biggest boof head in rugby league television today.

What Sterling highlighted was the Storm losing the ball... and Horsburgh actually ran in to give the Storm player a head/hair rub. And it caused a scrap. Not the best thing to do... and best not to repeat it... but given the show devoted five minutes to each game and spent a good minute of it on this issue in our case... it was a bit unfair. There was a lot of actual footy advice Sterling could have given the Raiders if he'd chosen to be analytical. It was an "easy" thing to highlight, and probably the least of our problems in that game.
The tap on the head of the player making a mistake has been part of the game in all my years watching and I'm sure if a Parramatta player did it Sterlo would just put it down to gamesmanship. I didn't see the show but it's hardly worth mentioning when analysing a game.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
WiganRaider
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: John Bateman

Post by WiganRaider »

WiganRaider wrote: March 23, 2019, 7:54 pm Watched the full game back this morning and Melbourne just seem to do the 1% better than most sides.

Few stupid individual errors really didn't help and the Storm got on the bavk of that.

Coming from a Wigan fan I honestly don't think George Williams is the answer, just take a look how were going so far this year. I've been to every game home and away so far this season and apart from his short kicking game and probably better defence I just don't think he is worth the price tag being talked about.
As I say this he goes and scores a hat trick to win us the game!
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Cheers mate.
From what i've seen of him, and it's not a heap, he has the skills and game to make it in the NRL. It will really come down to how he applies himself, and his mental strength.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders competition: Vote for Man of the Match: https://www.raiders.com.au/competitions ... vote-motm/

Gallery: Around the ground: Raiders v Storm: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... s-v-storm/

Round 2 Moment of the week: Bateman footwork sets up try: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... ts-up-try/

By the numbers: Raiders v Storm: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... s-v-storm/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fans... Vote Rapana for Tackle of the Week: in Round 2 at NRL.com: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/25/tac ... -vote-now/ via @NRL
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

As good as Rapana's tackle was, I think Maloney's was the best
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sid wrote: March 25, 2019, 12:19 pm As good as Rapana's tackle was, I think Maloney's was the best
I suspect you're right... but I still voted Rapana!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders fall to 11th on Soward's Power Rankings: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/25/rab ... gers-roar/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Vote for Canberra Raiders co-captain in the NRL.com 2019 NRL Round 2: Team of the Week - Vote now, here: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/24/nrl ... -vote-now/ via @NRL
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Re: Aidan Sezer

Post by Boomercm »

KingDynamite wrote: March 23, 2019, 7:08 pm I cannot understand the calls for Hingano. I haven’t seen anything from him that says he’s more deserving that Sezer nor that he would do a better job.

Neither Hingano or Williams are in the same conversation as Sezer when it comes to defence. That’s enough for him to stay in 1sts
Agree with this. Sezer sometimes a momentum killer in attack, but our attack is not an issue long term. Defensively we are a much better side than in 2018. Huge improvement.

Based on our defence so far, I think we are a semi-final side with Sezer or WIlliams. I'd stick with Sezer and let the combinations develop for another month. If attack proves to be an issue (which I doubt), then make the switch.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Aidan Sezer

Post by zim »

RedRaider wrote: March 24, 2019, 12:31 pm
zim wrote: March 23, 2019, 11:44 pm
RedRaider wrote: March 23, 2019, 11:24 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote: March 23, 2019, 6:34 pm Williams defence isn't that bad, it's not bad enough to justify keeping Sezer if Sezer doesn't improve significantly this week.
I don't see what Sezer has done to justify the support for him. In his four years with the Titans they did not make the finals. He came here in 2016 and at the back end of that season the Raiders went on a 10 game winning streak to make the finals. We've not seen that replicated. Their was some unbelievable stuff from Leipana in that streak. I am one of the biggest defensophiles on here, but the defence is helped by a good kicking game and kick chase. We don't see that consistently from Sezer. In fact I am still amazed that we kicked to Vunivalu's wing so often (at least I was until he kicked the other way and put it into the car park). The young fullback would have been a shorter less athletic target imo, but that instruction may have come from the HC.
He has known issues under the high ball. If he wasn't our main target for bombs we're doing the wrong thing.
He didn't seem to have too many problems against us Zim. The two I remember were: one from Sezer about the middle of the first half which he took easily and then one from Jack early in the second half which he again took easily. We have a large body who can jump high in Jack. Why wouldn't we put the ball up to the shorter fullback Hughes and have Jack challenge for the ball? If Vunivalu has had problems in the past I image the meticulous Bellamy would have worked with him to correct it.
Id say like every winger or fullback they spend a lot of time at training practicing catching the ball. It hasn't stopped Vunivalu's inconsistent efforts under the highball. There's a good month or 2 every season where he gets the yipps. He never stops attacking the ball though so when it's working for him it looks spectacular and when it's not he's a liability.
We didn't get many opportunities in the red zone so maybe you take on the fullback who's safe as houses for a change up but your main target should be the guy who can drop a sitter.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Vote Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker for Try of the Week: Round 2 - Vote here, now: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/25/try ... -vote-now/ via @NRL
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Storm fullback was safe as houses against us, he was never tested.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

WiganRaider wrote: March 25, 2019, 3:17 am
WiganRaider wrote: March 23, 2019, 7:54 pm Watched the full game back this morning and Melbourne just seem to do the 1% better than most sides.

Few stupid individual errors really didn't help and the Storm got on the bavk of that.

Coming from a Wigan fan I honestly don't think George Williams is the answer, just take a look how were going so far this year. I've been to every game home and away so far this season and apart from his short kicking game and probably better defence I just don't think he is worth the price tag being talked about.
As I say this he goes and scores a hat trick to win us the game!
The game wasn’t televised I don’t think? I just caught the highlights. His 3 tries were all just good backing up after other players had created and made linebreaks so it doesn’t have much bearing on how he played as a half in that game I’d imagine.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: March 26, 2019, 10:55 am

The game wasn’t televised I don’t think? I just caught the highlights. His 3 tries were all just good backing up after other players had created and made linebreaks so it doesn’t have much bearing on how he played as a half in that game I’d imagine.
It shows good game awareness at least. The value of a good backer upper is sorely under-rated. At his best, it was one of Austin's strengths.