Storm 13+
13%

Total votes: 16

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2019 Rd 2 V Storm: Game Day

Post by -PJ- »

Life goes on, we regather, and focus on Newy next week..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

And Hodgson turned the ball over twice on 5th tackle with a hit up to a forward, LP.

If your point is that Sezer played poorly today, you won’t get any argument from me. He was not on his Pat Malone there though
Hodgson, Wighton, Joey, Tapine, Sia, and probably half a dozen are keeping him good company there
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

PigRickman wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:13 pm
CJ42 wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:10 pm Is this forum completely sarcastic and we should be worrying that the sky is falling? Am I just too relaxed cause I’ve hardly been on here in the last 6 months?
I honestly don’t think being outclassed by the storm in round 2 is something to be hugely concerned by. They’re contenders and we’re trying to build to be at their level
We’re not there yet and which will or at least should shock no one
Yep. The good thing is the new players are already looking better than the players they replaced and include a gem in Bateman. So if the rest of the team doesn't regress there will be better results.
Green Chapel

Re: Aidan Sezer

Post by Green Chapel »

He simply cannot make the step up , when it counts against good opposition.

Cant defend him anymore after tonite !!

Kicking out on full in first few minutes of game , when we were under the pump.

Which led quickly to Storms first try.

Disgusting !!

He should be dropped .... he is in fact irrelevant Ricky !!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Storm have an 8 day rest now..they play next Satd.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Green Chapel wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:22 pm He simply cannot make the step up , when it counts against good opposition.

Disgusting !!

According to Pig we need to be happy clappers til 2020, because he says so...we are all wrong too
WorkChoice
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

You're not wrong to criticise Sezer, but you're wrong if you think Williams is going to fix any of this. We've seen time and time and time again that he's not the answer/
The club knows this too, hence the George Williams signing

This is round 2, against the benchmark of the competition. Sticky's not about to panic and nor should you ;)
Last edited by Botman on March 22, 2019, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

PigRickman wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:11 pm Peej, the club has already signed their “marquee” half
We’re just doing the dance to wait out an announcement
Well I'm chipping in for the $120m transfer fee to get him here tomorrow..
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

LP Raider wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:25 pm
Green Chapel wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:22 pm He simply cannot make the step up , when it counts against good opposition.

Disgusting !!

According to Pig we need to be happy clappers til 2020, because he says so...we are all wrong too
Happy Clapper..Winx's bitch since 2017
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Begbie wrote:Whats the go with Tapine?
Got dragged, he was ****

Or busted thumb either or
Last edited by -TW- on March 22, 2019, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Won’t read through this thread because I know how it goes.

I think we’re very obviously a strong prop short. Especially with Wightons strong early set carries a thing of the past. This game is no disaster though. A good friend of mine sent a message telling me he wanted to tip Canberra and to convince him otherwise. I said Melbourne is a better team and a short turnaround. Simple.

Disregarding defense for a second I think the Wighton experiment would work better partnering Williams. There is one reason for that only and that is because Sam Williams plays straight and neither Sezer or Wighton do. Not once in 80 minutes did the team create space for Croker or Leilua and that is without question our biggest strength. If Williams even potentially creates space for our right side I’d make that move immediately.

And I just have a weird idea that Whitehead is on the wrong side. I don’t know what happened with Tapine or if he can play on the left but if they continue with Sezer Wighton needs the stronger line running Backrower outside him 100%. Let Whitehead try and create space for our right side three quarters which is the best attacking combination league has seen for some time.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Hodgson Service was way too slow today. He needs to pass the ball quicker at least twice in the first few tackles of every set.

Charnze was great with his footwork. He still needs to work on his passing game. We had an easy try if he had been able to pass today.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Canberra Milk wrote:I'm happy to give Sezer 4-5 weeks but after that if still hit and miss, Hingano and Williams should be considered depending on their form

He stutters at the line, I don't get it. It ruins his ability to put guys in gaps. You need as a half to make the defence think you might run it, right up until you pass it. His ability to put someone through a gap must be about 2/10
I actually don’t think he has put anyone in a gap ever while at the Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

We never looked likely in that match.

The most disappointing thing for me was in that last 10 minutes of the match when we had the field position and possession to make a final push old habits came flooding back and we had 17 players who looked like they had all just met each other in the car park again.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Also think Stuart needs to combat teams with a really big, good or massive middle third early doors. I don’t know what that answer is but I think a left field weird option is playin Havili at hooker for maybe the first 15-20 and introducing Hodgo after that. Sounds silly but if we’re going to get bashed like we did there all that opening 20 does is gas our best player during the sounding each other out period.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Green Chapel wrote:He simply cannot make the step up , when it counts against good opposition.

Disgusting !!

Yep he should have never been resigned.

Last night I watched the Dragons play with 3 playmakers - Hunt, Norman and Widdop. They had to many chiefs on the field and then you look at us and we don’t even have one!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I think we lacked punch in the forwards and our attack was clunky. Melbourne are a top 4 side.

I like our D, we didn’t give up soft tries. Need that to continue.

We need to continue our D.. and our attack will come.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Sezer needs to improve in many areas, but one clear area he could simply work on is catching the ball while moving.

Too much catching the ball standing still and not pressuring the defence. Needs to watch how Thurston always caught the ball on the move.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I can’t stress this enough: we need to get repeat sets.

Every time we get within 25 we try to score. Build pressure, tire the defence.

Also, given how long they took, some of Sezer’s touchfinders when we had penalties very very poor. There was one where we got a penalty 45 out, and he got five metres on the kick. That’s a chance to start an attacking set on their line, and he just chips it over the sideline.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

PigRickman wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:13 pm
CJ42 wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:10 pm Is this forum completely sarcastic and we should be worrying that the sky is falling? Am I just too relaxed cause I’ve hardly been on here in the last 6 months?
I honestly don’t think being outclassed by the storm in round 2 is something to be hugely concerned by. They’re contenders and we’re trying to build to be at their level
We’re not there yet and which will or at least should shock no one
Yeah, I'm actually not horrendously disappointed. (Still disappointed, of course). To lose only by 12 on a five day turnaround against the toughest team in the comp on an eight day turnaround is not too bad. There were still positives to take away.

Also, thanks Bateman and CNK for not making me look like a twat after I spent the entire pre-game hyping up both of them to my sister, who doesn't have Fox and didn't see last week's game. She was quite impressed by both.

Also: what have we given Croker a shot of? He's been really aggro in defence both games. I'm not complaining, I like it, but...what'd they do, tell him all the opposition is Dugan?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

I’m not too worried about this game. Melbourne have been the benchmark since like forever. Silly mistakes and leaking points first half lost us the game combined with chasing points and Storms stubborn defence causing us to make mistakes. I know its cliche but we will learn from this. I’m not too disheartened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

julian87 wrote:Also think Stuart needs to combat teams with a really big, good or massive middle third early doors. I don’t know what that answer is but I think a left field weird option is playin Havili at hooker for maybe the first 15-20 and introducing Hodgo after that. Sounds silly but if we’re going to get bashed like we did there all that opening 20 does is gas our best player during the sounding each other out period.
Great point but will never happen. Just gives the star player a bad rep.....ie if Cam Smith took a breather in the first 20 then came on, he would not be the same player he is today.

Playing Melb in the opening rounds is a poisoned chalice....they always start well. Playing them after a short turn around is worse. Very confident next week playing knights Image

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Let's just meet up at my digs tomorrow and get on the beers..

Bring your own of course.

My garage door goes up at 11-30am and KOFM is flat out. We'll play darts. But be warned..I'm very good. We'll laugh, we'll cry..we'll have a ball.

I look forward to seeing you all..well one would be nice.

Don't forget to vote.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

-PJ- wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:48 pm Let's just meet up at my digs tomorrow and get on the beers..

My garage door goes up at 11-30am and KOFM is flat out. We'll play darts. But be warned..I'm very good. We'll laugh, we'll cry..we'll have a ball.

Don't forget to vote.
I’m mowing my lawn tomorrow with KOFM blaring as well. Vote early and vote often.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Hodgo and Sezer's kicking game and some poor defence on the left edge were the difference.

Also, can croker stop kicking off. Too low, too shallow and an easy start to the set for the opposition far too bloody often. How the **** has Ricky not fixed this up?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I’m very VERY confident that we’ll beat the Knights next week

FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I reckon mccrone breathed a sigh of relief today. He no longer holds the mantle for worst performance by a raiders half. Sezer started s*** and got worse. Stuart should have taken him off. Pathetic performance! Williams must play next week.

On a positive note how good is CNK going. Horsburgh is another kid who should hold his head high. Unlucky not to score a try. Stinging in defence. What a player!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Timbo wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:51 pm
-PJ- wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:48 pm Let's just meet up at my digs tomorrow and get on the beers..

Don't forget to vote.
I’m mowing my lawn tomorrow with KOFM blaring as well. Vote early and vote often.
PM for the address champ, get that mowing done early.

The truth is..I'm lonely.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

-PJ- wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:55 pm

Don't forget to vote.

Newcastle is a lonely town for lonely people. I’m sorrow drinking a mediocre red wine watching the Qld Derby.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

FROG wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:54 pm I reckon mccrone breathed a sigh of relief today. He no longer holds the mantle for worst performance by a raiders half. Sezer started s*** and got worse. Stuart should have taken him off. Pathetic performance! Williams must play next week.

On a positive note how good is CNK going. Horsburgh is another kid who should hold his head high. Unlucky not to score a try. Stinging in defence. What a player!
McCrone never held the crown to begin with. Have some **** respect you peasant.
The king stays the king.

Now bend the knee and beg King Orford for forgiveness.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Timbo wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:57 pm

Don't forget to vote.

Newcastle is a lonely town for lonely people. I’m sorrow drinking a mediocre red wine watching the Qld Derby.
I'm Lake Macquarie mate..we are different people.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

-PJ- wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:58 pm
Timbo wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:57 pm

Don't forget to vote.

I'm Lake Macquarie mate..we are different people.
Hey my family are Lake people. Don’t hate me for wanting to be slightly closer to civilisation. :lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I wouldn’t be against him being dropped IF he had a bad game against the Knights and IF Williams is tearing it up in Mounties

BUT I’m quietly confident he’ll turn it around next week

Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

Some of the Storms defensive tactics almost not in the spirit of the game.Its very obvious they are using a variety of spoiling tactics not only in the tackle but also around the ruck in general,the amount of times they lift and twist from under the armpits is unbelievable you can see them come in from the back and aim to get their arms under the armpits which raises the attackers arms and lifts the chances of a loose ball then the other defenders will just attack the ball or basically tackle the ball when the attacker is in that position.

Just average tactics that make the game quite boring and slow to some degree IMO.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: March 22, 2019, 7:32 pm Won’t read through this thread because I know how it goes.

I think we’re very obviously a strong prop short. Especially with Wightons strong early set carries a thing of the past. This game is no disaster though. A good friend of mine sent a message telling me he wanted to tip Canberra and to convince him otherwise. I said Melbourne is a better team and a short turnaround. Simple.

Disregarding defense for a second I think the Wighton experiment would work better partnering Williams. There is one reason for that only and that is because Sam Williams plays straight and neither Sezer or Wighton do. Not once in 80 minutes did the team create space for Croker or Leilua and that is without question our biggest strength. If Williams even potentially creates space for our right side I’d make that move immediately.

And I just have a weird idea that Whitehead is on the wrong side. I don’t know what happened with Tapine or if he can play on the left but if they continue with Sezer Wighton needs the stronger line running Backrower outside him 100%. Let Whitehead try and create space for our right side three quarters which is the best attacking combination league has seen for some time.
I always thought Tapine’s fend and step works better if he plays on the left. He can’t bring it into play as easily on the left and whiteheads brains n good hands can feed the right.