Storm 13+
21%

Total votes: 29

Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: 2019 Rd 2 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Finchy »

Goldcoast Raider wrote: March 20, 2019, 5:47 pm I know he is in his 4th year but why isn’t anyone mentioning Elliot Whitehead, it really put a bug up my backside that no one mentions him but us , he is so underrated it isn’t funny , he makes his tackles and does his runs , gets a good off load or set last up a play , he reminds me of Chris flannery, you could put him anywhere and he won’t let you down
Except last week when he dropped the ball like 4 times...
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

Finchy wrote: March 20, 2019, 7:47 pm
Goldcoast Raider wrote: March 20, 2019, 5:47 pm I know he is in his 4th year but why isn’t anyone mentioning Elliot Whitehead, it really put a bug up my backside that no one mentions him but us , he is so underrated it isn’t funny , he makes his tackles and does his runs , gets a good off load or set last up a play , he reminds me of Chris flannery, you could put him anywhere and he won’t let you down
ummm it was an absolute monsoon and a half, I was there so I know

Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Goldcoast Raider wrote: March 20, 2019, 8:35 pm
I sure you were, and I'm sure it was.

But no-one else from either team dropped it 4 times.... 3 times even. Most players didn't drop it at all.

Still the worst game he'll ever play, I hope.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Goldcoast Raider wrote:I know he is in his 4th year but why isn’t anyone mentioning Elliot Whitehead, it really put a bug up my backside that no one mentions him but us , he is so underrated it isn’t funny , he makes his tackles and does his runs , gets a good off load or set last up a play , he reminds me of Chris flannery, you could put him anywhere and he won’t let you down

He was shortlisted for the golden boot last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Raider47 wrote:Another noteworthy aspect of this team selection is the complete non-selection of Luke Bateman.
I am happy with that. Master coach strikes again

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Finchy wrote:
Goldcoast Raider wrote: March 20, 2019, 8:35 pm
I sure you were, and I'm sure it was.

But no-one else from either team dropped it 4 times.... 3 times even. Most players didn't drop it at all.

Still the worst game he'll ever play, I hope.
Elliot can cover other areas, Bateman does a lot of the work he did, and also, an honorary mention for Whitehead for last season when he played lock, he played very well in my opinion

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Hodgson the key to Canberra Raiders’ NRL dreams
Paul Crawley

What I took out of round one: Cameron Smith is still the most influential player in rugby league. But if there was an equivalent to the impact Smith had on the Storm in Round 1, Josh Hodgson was it.

“You know how people always say that these blokes (the champions) are the last on the field at the end of a training session,” Michael Ennis said. “Well, Hodgo genuinely is. “He stays out there working with his edges, or working with his middles about different plays they might try.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 3b51381f50
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Bay53 wrote: March 20, 2019, 4:41 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 20, 2019, 11:48 am Morley, who? Canberra Raiders forward John Bateman not interested in history as he aims to forge his own NRL path

The last bruising, no-nonsense English backrower to take the NRL by storm on debut was Adrian Morley. John Bateman, the latest British import, is so young he doesn’t recall the ferocious trail of devastation Morley left.

“I was probably not that aware of his impact over here,” Bateman admitted. “I remember him briefly when he came back to England with Bradford for a while and I caught a couple of games of his.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9fa106c679
When they talk of great English forwards to have an impact on the NRL, I never understand why Gareth Ellis is rarely mentioned. He was a gun.
Agreed. On his day he was just about the best second rower in the comp.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Green Machine looking to be bad and mean in victory

The Canberra Raiders of '89 want the current Green Machine to create their own history. And tweaking the victory song is part of that. Jordan Rapana was meant to be in charge of revamping it, but he was struggling for inspiration, so Sia Soliola stepped up.

"We've done a lot of things differently over the pre-season and that song was one of them. We've put our own version on it. The '89 boys wanted us to create our own bit of history and that's part of it," Jarrod Croker said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 515q1.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I think it’s good myself. 2CC Breakfast show From Raiders HQ this morning. John McIntyre and Don Furner coming up. Listen on-line: http://www.2cc.net.au. People invited out there.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

We only sing it when we win , so it is good.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

AUDIO: Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner joins Richard Perno and Brent Ford to talk about the Raiders big win, John Bateman and his hopes of a big crowd for Round 2: http://www.2cc.net.au/podcasts/12330-fu ... crowd.html
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Man I hope we get a good crowd tomorrow.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Same. Every Titans fan made it to their opening home game despite the poor weather!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I have four general admission tickets to give away to tomorrow night’s game. You need to be in a position to pick them up, or be at ground for gates opening. One of the benefits for being a member of The GH.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Sid wrote: March 21, 2019, 9:16 am Same. Every Titans fan made it to their opening home game despite the poor weather!
:roflmao
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Apparently Rapana was good to go against the Titans but the medicos took the extra caution to delay it a week.

Tweet from @BrentFord26

Ricky Stuart tells @TimShawTweets that Jordan Rapana could've played last week. Medicos took a cautious approach. Looks set to rip in this weekend Raiders fans. #NRLRaidersStorm

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

He was ready for round 1? That’s mental, what a machine.

Also, the reasoning behind the victory song change is really good, so I’ll back the change.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart admits Nick Cotric better than anyone expected

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart doesn't mind admitting he was wrong about the potential impact Nick Cotric was about to make in the Telstra Premiership when he debuted in 2017.

"I think he's surprised us all the way he's transitioned from under 20s player into an NRL player," Stuart said. "And I've said this story before that I originally said to Nick before his first season, if he can get four or five games it is going to be a really good debut.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/21/stu ... -expected/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart previews Storm clash

Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart has previewed tomorrow night's clash against the Melbourne Storm while also providing the latest on Jordan Rapana, as well as reflecting on the green machine's performance against the Titans.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... orm-clash/

Storm won't gang up on returning Rapana: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/21/sto ... ng-rapana/

John Bateman makes a big impression with the pundits: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/21/bes ... their-say/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Storm: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... s-v-storm/

Captain's Run: Raiders v Storm: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/03 ... s-v-storm/
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Love the license to attack. You arent goingn to beat this melbourne side by throwing safetly at them. Attack instinctively and defend with intent. Throw your skillset at them
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders young gun Nick Cotric goes straight to 50 NRL games

Nick Cotric doesn't miss much. Not NRL games, barely even any training sessions. The only thing the Canberra Raiders winger has missed is the NSW Cup. Completely. Cotric will play his 50th NRL game - against the Melbourne Storm at Canberra Stadium on Friday night.

"He just never stops. A lot of young players, you give them that taste and then you set them back and make them hungry again. But Nick's just hungry every day," Jarrod Croker said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 514yf.html

Bellamy hoses down footballs as Storm prepare for wet Canberra visit: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 5164j.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Time to make Canberra Stadium a Canberra Raiders' Fortress again

It's the golden number that defines the Canberra Raiders' golden era and made Canberra Stadium and Seiffert Oval fortresses for the Green Machine - 64 per cent. From 1988-2000 the Raiders' home winning percentage was equal or greater than that every year.

"Every team wants to make their home ground a bit of a fortress so we'll be no different," Jarrod Croker said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 514yg.html
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2019, 4:20 pm Time to make Canberra Stadium a Canberra Raiders' Fortress again
Here it is! Now who's going to be the first to empty their tank at the Fortress?!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart whacks ‘irrelevant’ Wayne Bennett as feud heats up

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has delivered a blunt retort to Wayne Bennett’s “drama queen” accusation.

“Wayne Bennett’s irrelevant to me, so are comments he makes,” Stuart told reporters on Thursday.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... fd3c299078

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart returns serve after Wayne Bennett jibe: 'Bennett's irrelevant to me' https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... -me!723030
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

That's what I like to see Ricky! I'm liking the coach more every day at the moment :D
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Boy there’s been a hell of a lot to like in the last week! Love your work Ricky!

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Matt wrote:
Sid wrote: March 21, 2019, 9:16 am Same. Every Titans fan made it to their opening home game despite the poor weather!
:roflmao
both of them.

I'd really like to see the Titans thrive though, The Brisbane folk have tried to kill them since 88

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Green Chapel

Post by Green Chapel »

Screw this media bs !!!

Just get the 2 points tomorrow !!

Need a good early season roll on.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hero Steve Jackson seals it from the best seat in the house

Steve Jackson never thought he'd play. He was just happy to have the best seat in the house. "How good is this," he thought as one of eight Canberra Raiders substitutes on the bench in the 1989 grand final against Balmain.

"You know the grand final breakfast? I didn't get invited because there wasn't enough chairs set. I stayed back at the hotel in Sydney with the strappers and trainers," he laughed. "That's how much I didn't even think I'd get a run, I couldn't even go to the grand final breakfast.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 51630.html

Matty Johns: The day Mal Meninga made me cry: https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/matty ... 85cdf9175b

Rapana ready to roll despite concerns: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 516cf.html
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BJ better be two steps behind Rapana being tackled ready to be either dummy half for a quick scoot, or to deck anyone who thinks they might test the shoulder with a chicken wing...
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2019, 9:36 am I have four general admission tickets to give away to tomorrow night’s game. You need to be in a position to pick them up, or be at ground for gates opening. One of the benefits for being a member of The GH.
Oh can I snag one please ge?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raiderskater wrote: March 21, 2019, 6:48 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2019, 9:36 am I have four general admission tickets to give away to tomorrow night’s game. You need to be in a position to pick them up, or be at ground for gates opening. One of the benefits for being a member of The GH.
Sure. All four still available.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2019, 6:30 pm Canberra Raiders hero Steve Jackson seals it from the best seat in the house

Steve Jackson never thought he'd play. He was just happy to have the best seat in the house. "How good is this," he thought as one of eight Canberra Raiders substitutes on the bench in the 1989 grand final against Balmain.

"You know the grand final breakfast? I didn't get invited because there wasn't enough chairs set. I stayed back at the hotel in Sydney with the strappers and trainers," he laughed. "That's how much I didn't even think I'd get a run, I couldn't even go to the grand final breakfast.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 51630.html

Rapana ready to roll despite concerns: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 516cf.html
Jackson may have missed out on a feed at the breakfast but I reckon he has been dining out on that story for the past 30 years!!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2019, 7:03 pm
raiderskater wrote: March 21, 2019, 6:48 pm
Sure. All four still available.
Sorry GE, my sister bought one before I saw your answer and could stop her.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Woodgers wrote: March 21, 2019, 4:48 pm That's what I like to see Ricky! I'm liking the coach more every day at the moment :D
They made that out like it was a regular feud but Ricky is just calling out Bennett for being an absolute knob. How could he dismiss the off-field stuff? What a flog.

I love Stick.