Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand

Post by greeneyed »

Don't forget ABC Radio Canberra Grandstand with Brett McKay Saturday after 11am Saturday. You can listen live: http://www.abc.net.au/canberra

You can SMS the program with Raiders comments and questions on 0467 922 666.

Or you can call on 1300 681 666 (at the cost of a local call).

Or send him a tweet @BMcSport on twitter.

Ricky Stuart will be on the program.

Ricky Stuart interview:

It's been a very long off season and it is good that it's come to the start of the season. We travelled up yesterday, and the players are very excited. There were a few problems yesterday with the travel arrangements, but those sorts of things never worry us, we just have to get on with what we do. We're not going to talk about disruptions, if you're mentally strong you get over those sorts of problems. It was a bit longer in terms of travel yesterday than expected, but the boys enjoy eachother's company on the trip.

I want the team to enjoy the next 24 or 48 hours. It is the enjoyable part of the game now, I want them to relax and enjoy playing. Captain's run this morning.

We've worked long hours and put a lot of work into aspects of our game, so hopefully that's evident tomorrow night. The team is ready. At the start of the season, I feel if I can get my own back yard in order, it doesn't matter that we don't have much indication of what the opposition will do... given it is only the start of the season.

Refereeing, good they won't pick on everything. We like to see the flow of the game, as do the people watching it.

The players have let me do things differently in the off season. We've had some big changes, but that has been easier to implement due to the maturity of the players. They came back after the break, after Christmas, they were in peak physical shape. They did all their fitness work. We've got a good team, mature. They have changed as they know they don't want to finish the way they have the past two seasons.

Listen to the full interview: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/canberra/p ... d/10887000
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand

Post by The Nickman »

All good stuff Sticky, let’s do it tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

The Rickman wrote:All good stuff Sticky, let’s do it tomorrow!!

Yes let’s!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Sticky quote: "The players let me do things differently in the off season." Errr ... as head coach shouldn't they be doing what you tell them to do? Or is this a jab at the players who are no longer here? Leadership should not be a dirty word. Own it Coach.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I think you'll find zero coaches (currently employed) do things without taking some player feedback into consideration. You won't get the most out of players by just ignoring all their concerns (or any group for that matter). It's not the under 6s.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Despite all sarcasm, I wonder how you'll be IF we have a great season

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

dubby wrote: March 16, 2019, 4:35 pm

WHEN

#Rickdemption2019
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Ok mate
Whatever. Keep up the good fight! Ricky persuses the GH looking for your affirmation.

changingtheraidersdestinyonepost atatime

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: March 16, 2019, 10:37 am
“We travelled up yesterday, and the players are very excited. There were a few problems yesterday with the travel arrangements, but those sorts of things never worry us, we just have to get on with what we do. We're not going to talk about disruptions, if you're mentally strong you get over those sorts of problems. It was a bit longer in terms of travel yesterday than expected, but the boys enjoy eachother's company on the trip.
Classics Sticky :roflmao

“We don’t make excuses. Like this one I’m about to tell you about. We don’t let these things get to us, but I’m going to mention it in a radio interview, just to prove I haven’t let it get to us”.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

To be fair... the interviewer asked him about it. They had to scramble to get on an earlier flight due to disruptions at Sydney airport in order to get to the Gold Coast. His press conference at Canberra airport was cancelled as a result of the changes, so the journalists were all well aware of it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote: March 16, 2019, 3:25 pm Sticky quote: "The players let me do things differently in the off season." Errr ... as head coach shouldn't they be doing what you tell them to do? Or is this a jab at the players who are no longer here? Leadership should not be a dirty word. Own it Coach.
He did use the words let me do things differently... but he was praising the maturity of the players in embracing the changes.

Please remember, I'm typing as he speaks, I'm producing a summary which is as close as I can get it in those circumstances and get it out instantly.

You can listen to the inteview on the podcast: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/canberra/p ... d/10887000

It is at the 23 min mark. It is my fault, I should have put the audio link in earlier... but I'm just getting back into the routines... the podcast isn't available instantly... and there were a lot of games going on today in the lower grades all at the same time.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

Maybe time for some of the fans to grow up too.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote:Maybe time for some of the fans to grow up too.
Yes, Keghead, we know. You're the gold standard and the rest of us are clueless wannabees who are trying to make ourselves look good.

At least 40 of your posts have made that really clear. We get it.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Keghead wrote: March 16, 2019, 8:17 pm Maybe time for some of the fans to grow up too.
Where's the fun in that?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Keghead wrote: March 16, 2019, 8:17 pm Maybe time for some of the fans to grow up too.
Buckley’s chance of that happening. Toddler central right here
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

sprintman wrote: March 16, 2019, 8:37 pm
Every post is gospel and opinion 100% correct when posted under an anonymous username right sprintman ?
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

scotchberry wrote: March 16, 2019, 9:10 pm
Every post is gospel and opinion 100% correct when posted under an anonymous username right sprintman ?
Went right over your head, as expected, so I’ll simplify it for you. I spend a lot of time on every teams forum (I’m retired). None come close to approaching this one for childish stupidity. Less racial crap here, but the silliness makes that pale into insignificance..
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I want the team to go well more than almost any other human on the planet, and anyone that knows me knows that to be true!

What a strange line of attack to take... even from you

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

sprintman wrote: March 16, 2019, 9:30 pm
Went right over your head, as expected, so I’ll simplify it for you. I spend a lot of time on every teams forum (I’m retired). None come close to approaching this one for childish stupidity. Less racial crap here, but the silliness makes that pale into insignificance..
I'm going to respectfully take issue with that. This forum is relatively tame compared to most forums... I see a lot of them too. I'll also claim (as I guess I would) that it is well moderated compared to most forums. And when it goes off the rails... it is brought back on.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ferg, you do an outstanding job, mate. EDIT.
Last edited by greeneyed on March 16, 2019, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not make any further comments of that nature.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Nothing worse than logging in here and finding nothing but mindless waffle when all you’re trying to get is updated information.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, imagine logging on to a forum and finding people discussing things!

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

sprintman wrote: March 16, 2019, 9:48 pm Nothing worse than logging in here and finding nothing but mindless waffle when all you’re trying to get is updated information.
I understand what you're saying, and I respect your comment, but in my view the waffle content on this forum... is pretty low in comparison to others. I've looked at a lot of them. We do our very best to keep the football boards focussed on football discussion.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

greeneyed wrote: March 16, 2019, 9:42 pm
I'm going to respectfully take issue with that. This forum is relatively tame compared to most forums... I see a lot of them too. I'll also claim (as I guess I would) that it is well moderated compared to most forums. And when it goes off the rails... it is brought back on.
You do a great job GE - you effort is respected
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

EDIT
Last edited by greeneyed on March 16, 2019, 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can we have a discussion without being disrespectful please.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

EDIT
Last edited by greeneyed on March 16, 2019, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We asked for a respectful discussion.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Please follow the moderator requests, thanks.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

sprintman wrote:Nothing worse than logging in here and finding nothing but mindless waffle when all you’re trying to get is updated information.
Maybe what you're looking for is a Google search, not a forum..
scotchberry
Brett Mullins

Post by scotchberry »

Thanks for simplifying things 👍
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If I see any more rubbish comments directed at other posters... they're just being deleted. Back onto the footy, thanks.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I can get the scores at NRL.com

I come here because I enjoy the banter and the insight of other posters. I often don't agree with them, but my time's not so valuable that I can't spend a minute or two skimming my way through a thread.

It's just a league forum, folks, and I think one of the best.... But there are plenty of other ways of getting the information you need if this doesn't work for you.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Dont delete this GE
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Unless you have a wierd fetish where you like your raiders news to only be delivered to you in gh format by ge...
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Maybe we can have a thread where Fergus only posts news stories and teams for Sprintman and none of us comment on it?

That should appease everybody