2019 The Green Machine Podcast

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
SOULS 04
Jason Croker
Posts: 4288
Joined: January 25, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Central Coast

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by SOULS 04 » September 10, 2019, 10:14 pm

Episode 108 is here and it's finals time. Get our audio version of the podcast on Soundcloud, Itunes, Spotify or just follow the link

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... e-reckless
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565

User avatar
SOULS 04
Jason Croker
Posts: 4288
Joined: January 25, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Central Coast

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by SOULS 04 » September 17, 2019, 10:48 pm

Episode 109 has the green lights
get it on iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud or just follow the link below.

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... a-firework
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7322
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by zim » September 17, 2019, 11:46 pm

Good episode guys.
On the Papalli benching he went to Sticky himself and told him he felt flat in the Warriors game and thought we'd be better with someone else starting. Was quoted in an article during the lead up.
Agree with Matt, Croker should have definitely gone to the bin.
We've seen people binned for it multiple times during the year in the attacking zone. I think the only thing that saved us was it being a final.

User avatar
simo
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8716
Joined: March 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by simo » September 18, 2019, 7:43 am

Why does matt still call in on a toaster?
Dont delete this GE

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44656
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by The Nickman » September 18, 2019, 8:09 am

simo wrote:Why does matt still call in on a toaster?
Matty is sitting on the toilet while he does the broadcast, his missus still doesn’t know about it
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 33028
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Matt » September 18, 2019, 8:37 am

The Rickman wrote:
September 18, 2019, 8:09 am
simo wrote:Why does matt still call in on a toaster?
Matty is sitting on the toilet while he does the broadcast, his missus still doesn’t know about it
ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

User avatar
SOULS 04
Jason Croker
Posts: 4288
Joined: January 25, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Central Coast

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by SOULS 04 » September 24, 2019, 10:18 pm

Episode 110 has the green lights. you can find us on itunes, soundcloud and spotify (spotify is having some glitches at the moment. If you listen through spotify give us some feedback if you are having issues or if its coming through clear).

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... m-contract
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10295
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by gangrenous » September 26, 2019, 8:19 am

Got the solution for you on player contracts.

It’s the old chestnut, lodge contracts with the NRL not the clubs. So if you do a deal to play with a club for 3 years that contact is signed to play for 3 years in the NRL for that money. If you change clubs prior to the conclusion of your contract all that moves is that value on to your salary cap. Then there’s no restraint of trade as you haven’t been stopped earning more with another entity.

User avatar
simo
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8716
Joined: March 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by simo » September 26, 2019, 8:29 am

gangrenous wrote:
September 26, 2019, 8:19 am
Got the solution for you on player contracts.

It’s the old chestnut, lodge contracts with the NRL not the clubs. So if you do a deal to play with a club for 3 years that contact is signed to play for 3 years in the NRL for that money. If you change clubs prior to the conclusion of your contract all that moves is that value on to your salary cap. Then there’s no restraint of trade as you haven’t been stopped earning more with another entity.
The issue for that is most of the time the “value” of the contract is in the last years of a contract. Eg you sign a bloke for 500k a year over 5 years knowing he’s probably only worth 300k now but thinking hes going to be worth 700k in years 3-5.
Dont delete this GE

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Coastalraider » September 26, 2019, 12:04 pm

simo wrote:
September 26, 2019, 8:29 am
gangrenous wrote:
September 26, 2019, 8:19 am
Got the solution for you on player contracts.

It’s the old chestnut, lodge contracts with the NRL not the clubs. So if you do a deal to play with a club for 3 years that contact is signed to play for 3 years in the NRL for that money. If you change clubs prior to the conclusion of your contract all that moves is that value on to your salary cap. Then there’s no restraint of trade as you haven’t been stopped earning more with another entity.
The issue for that is most of the time the “value” of the contract is in the last years of a contract. Eg you sign a bloke for 500k a year over 5 years knowing he’s probably only worth 300k now but thinking hes going to be worth 700k in years 3-5.
You would also have to look at conditions of upgrade.

M1 had a great point that only a players own team should be allowed to upgrade a contract. Love it. But if a contract was essentially inherited, meaning that it wasn't torn up and started again when a player moves on, then they become the owner of the contract opening up the option to upgrade, so the system falls on its head.

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10295
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by gangrenous » September 26, 2019, 4:29 pm

Coastalraider wrote: You would also have to look at conditions of upgrade.

M1 had a great point that only a players own team should be allowed to upgrade a contract. Love it. But if a contract was essentially inherited, meaning that it wasn't torn up and started again when a player moves on, then they become the owner of the contract opening up the option to upgrade, so the system falls on its head.
Make a ruling that players can’t be upgraded in their first year. Think that pretty well solves it.

Simo you’ll have to be more specific on your concern? I don’t see the issue with that.

User avatar
simo
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8716
Joined: March 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by simo » September 26, 2019, 4:50 pm

gangrenous wrote:
September 26, 2019, 4:29 pm
Coastalraider wrote: You would also have to look at conditions of upgrade.

M1 had a great point that only a players own team should be allowed to upgrade a contract. Love it. But if a contract was essentially inherited, meaning that it wasn't torn up and started again when a player moves on, then they become the owner of the contract opening up the option to upgrade, so the system falls on its head.
Make a ruling that players can’t be upgraded in their first year. Think that pretty well solves it.

Simo you’ll have to be more specific on your concern? I don’t see the issue with that.
Ok lets us an example of say ponga
You sign him as a youngun on a 4 year deal. For simplicity sake say you pay him 1 mil a year. In year one he only plays like hes worth 700k, having a negative yield of 300k. You knew this would be the case. In year 2 he delivers on is potential and performs at the 1 mil level.
Your clubs still neg 300 on its investment but in years 3 and 4 of the deal is where youre hoping to have a player thats playing at the level of a 1.2 mil player.
But instead he goes somewhere else and that club gets all the “value” you were banking on. In order to do well in this comp you need to get value
Dont delete this GE

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10295
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by gangrenous » September 26, 2019, 5:23 pm

Got ya.

Guess you’d have to adjust to paying them what they’re worth at the time and upgrading.


User avatar
simo
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8716
Joined: March 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by simo » September 26, 2019, 6:30 pm

gangrenous wrote:
September 26, 2019, 5:23 pm
Got ya.

Guess you’d have to adjust to paying them what they’re worth at the time and upgrading.
That would make it very hard for losing clubs to break the cycle
Dont delete this GE

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Coastalraider » September 27, 2019, 6:48 am

Anyone headed to the Duxton for the meetup?

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 33028
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Matt » September 27, 2019, 12:01 pm

Coastalraider wrote:
September 27, 2019, 6:48 am
Anyone headed to the Duxton for the meetup?
the three Ms will be there. Im sure the place will be packed this arvo

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44656
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by The Nickman » September 27, 2019, 12:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:
September 27, 2019, 6:48 am
Anyone headed to the Duxton for the meetup?
the three Ms will be there. Im sure the place will be packed this arvo
So will the one N
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Coastalraider » September 27, 2019, 12:24 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 27, 2019, 12:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:
September 27, 2019, 6:48 am
Anyone headed to the Duxton for the meetup?
the three Ms will be there. Im sure the place will be packed this arvo
So will the one N
Better make that x2 Ns!

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44656
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by The Nickman » September 27, 2019, 12:28 pm

Coastalraider wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
September 27, 2019, 12:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:
September 27, 2019, 6:48 am
Anyone headed to the Duxton for the meetup?
the three Ms will be there. Im sure the place will be packed this arvo
So will the one N
Better make that x2 Ns!
Yes!!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Coastalraider » September 27, 2019, 2:22 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 27, 2019, 12:28 pm
Coastalraider wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
September 27, 2019, 12:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Coastalraider wrote:
September 27, 2019, 6:48 am
Anyone headed to the Duxton for the meetup?
the three Ms will be there. Im sure the place will be packed this arvo
So will the one N
Better make that x2 Ns!
Yes!!
Not sure if we are going to cross paths - I need to head off about 4.45 so I don’t think you plane is there by then?

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44656
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by The Nickman » September 27, 2019, 2:29 pm

Nah, I’ll only be at the Duxton from about 5.30 until 6.30
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Coastalraider » September 27, 2019, 2:31 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 27, 2019, 2:29 pm
Nah, I’ll only be at the Duxton from about 5.30 until 6.30
What side of the ground are you at?

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44656
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by The Nickman » September 27, 2019, 2:32 pm

Inner bowl under the east stand



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by Coastalraider » September 27, 2019, 2:36 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 27, 2019, 2:32 pm
Inner bowl under the east stand



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, I’m on the west.

Let’s see what happens tomorrow with beer and wings.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44656
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by The Nickman » September 27, 2019, 2:48 pm

Sounds good. I might make a thread about it later
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
SOULS 04
Jason Croker
Posts: 4288
Joined: January 25, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Central Coast

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by SOULS 04 » October 1, 2019, 11:04 pm

The Grand Final Edition of the Green Machine Podcast is now available. It has been an amazing season. let\s give this thing a shake.

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... al-edition
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565

User avatar
SOULS 04
Jason Croker
Posts: 4288
Joined: January 25, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Central Coast

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by SOULS 04 » October 15, 2019, 10:10 pm

Welcome to The M Awards. The final episode of 2019 is here for your listening pleasure. For 2019 Go the Green Machine, Goodbye.

https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565/g ... e-m-awards
THE GREEN MACHINE PODCAST - https://soundcloud.com/user-792269565

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10295
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: 2019 The Green Machine Podcast

Post by gangrenous » October 17, 2019, 7:23 am

Jack Wighton getting your rep player award is meh imo. Papalii well outperformed him the rep arena, expected or not.

Anyways congrats on another great year. Thanks for the time and effort that goes into the podcast each year!

Post Reply