No votes

Total votes: 18

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: 2019 Rd 1 V Titans: Game Day

Post by Rickmando »

The Rickman wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:20 pm
Peter wrote:Dubby, you hope 3 of our debutants never see first grade again? You can’t be serious. Besides Bateman, I’m struggling to figure out which 3 you think we’d be better off dumping and for who next week?
Don’t listen to dubby and his worthless opinion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chief nego! Be a Rick-head instead!!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote:
Peter wrote:Dubby, you hope 3 of our debutants never see first grade again? You can’t be serious. Besides Bateman, I’m struggling to figure out which 3 you think we’d be better off dumping and for who next week?
I am also subscribed..
Me too Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote:I know his name is mud here right now and he'll need to string together a few more games in a row to get out of the bad books, but im genuinely surprised Sezer is getting flak here.
His first half was average, but his second half was REALLY strong and this isnt the sort of games halves shine in.

I thought both he and Jack did extremely well. They played to the conditions, tackled their **** off, they had some bad moments but over all they had more good than bad.
Also he nutted that FG haha
Yeah, agree 100%. The conditions were awful, both team dropped bulk ball, but our halves tackled everything thrown at them and our team defended very well as a whole

Ricky Stuart, and more importantly Red Raider, should be very proud of their performance as a whole. And they’ll only get better the more they play together

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

CNK is basically Nathan Massey or David Milne.

Simmonsen is not in the class of Rapana. Not even close.

But I'll support them blindly anyway. I was happy for BS when he scored. But I'm not deceiving myself. Let the lads prove me wrong!!

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:
Don’t listen to dubby and his worthless opinion

If it's worthless, why do you quote and omment on worthless opinions??

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

So if a winger isnt the best winger in the game they shouldnt be in FG? Odd.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

PigRickman wrote:I know his name is mud here right now and he'll need to string together a few more games in a row to get out of the bad books, but im genuinely surprised Sezer is getting flak here.
His first half was average, but his second half was REALLY strong and this isnt the sort of games halves shine in.

I thought both he and Jack did extremely well. They played to the conditions, tackled their **** off, they had some bad moments but over all they had more good than bad.
I'll agree.

Sezer is a great defensive half.

Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

that was fun. CNK seemed to grow in confidence under the high ball as the game wore on. If he turns out to be the real deal we are a legit side. Sutton perhaps the only one that didn't impress me greatly, but he wasn't bad either.
Hands-will-do-it
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Hands-will-do-it »

Good performance, Titans were pretty awful and didn't have their halves - but our defence looks a lot tighter with the more mobile pack.

I also love having Jack in our front line - he's such a great hitter, so we have no weak links.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Boomercm wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:26 pm that was fun. CNK seemed to grow in confidence under the high ball as the game wore on. If he turns out to be the real deal we are a legit side. Sutton perhaps the only one that didn't impress me greatly, but he wasn't bad either.
Oh, I didn't think Sutton went too badly, he didn't get a lot of minutes, but he still seemed to run up hard.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Apart from that section where the ball was dropped about 10 sets in a row, that was a pleasure to watch.
Wighton was really strong, CNK grew into the role and looked really solid, John bateman is going to be a weapon for us, Simonsson pleasantly surprised me after his trial form, Sezers second half is exactly the way I know he can play and I think the roaming license forced by having an out and out running half will do wonders for him, Hodgson is just bae.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

And Leilua looks absolutely beastly this year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

PigRickman wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:25 pm So if a winger isnt the best winger in the game they shouldnt be in FG? Odd.
Not just this year. Never, ever again.
Just gloss over his efforts like getting hit by Boyd and continuing on quickly in his 1st ever first grade game. Focus on the lack of communication between 2 strangers.
Definitely nothing to work with here :roll:
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Rick presser on NOW
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

zim wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:31 pm
PigRickman wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:25 pm So if a winger isnt the best winger in the game they shouldnt be in FG? Odd.
Just gloss over his efforts like getting hit by Boyd and continuing on quickly in his 1st ever first grade game. Focus on the lack of communication between 2 strangers.
I floved that reaction to the Boyd hit. He was basically like "nah, no biggie" and kept going. Fabulous.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

The Rickman wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:23 pm

Yeah, agree 100%. The conditions were awful, both team dropped bulk ball, but our halves tackled everything thrown at them and our team defended very well as a whole

Ricky Stuart, and more importantly Red Raider, should be very proud of their performance as a whole. And they’ll only get better the more they play together

I was at the game so haven't read this thread. Were there seriously people ragging on our halves? :shock:

Conditions were terrible and they did exactly what was needed to grind out a win.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

raiderskater wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:28 pm
Boomercm wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:26 pm that was fun. CNK seemed to grow in confidence under the high ball as the game wore on. If he turns out to be the real deal we are a legit side. Sutton perhaps the only one that didn't impress me greatly, but he wasn't bad either.
Oh, I didn't think Sutton went too badly, he didn't get a lot of minutes, but he still seemed to run up hard.
I think no errors for Sutton, when all around him were dropping the ball, will be good for his confidence. He certainly ran in hard.

I thought most were excellent - just the two second rows that were below par. And we know they're both world class, so that shouldn't be a worry.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ridiculous. haha.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
CNK is basically Nathan Massey or David Milne.

Simmonsen is not in the class of Rapana. Not even close.

But I'll support them blindly anyway. I was happy for BS when he scored. But I'm not deceiving myself. Let the lads prove me wrong!!

You actually don’t seem like someone “blindly supporting” the team at all, to be honest

All I’ve seen is you post negative crap and try and take down those of us who went into 2019 with a positive attitude

It’s pretty sad for a so-called admin of the site, to be perfectly honest

Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Rick nailing it - last 2 seasons he’s just had a lot of bad luck...

Actual quote: “I don’t need any good luck. I just don’t want any more bad luck”
Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

Only issue was we used all our good/lucky ref calls for the season up in the first game
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Rickmando wrote:Rick nailing it - last 2 seasons he’s just had a lot of bad luck...

Like many of us have been saying for a while now, everything the team has done during the off season has been a positive:

- Jack to the halves
- a smaller, more mobile pack
- the inclusion of guys like Bateman
- Ennis to the coaching staff
- an increased focus in defence

And it genuinely showed tonight. This is honestly the best performance I remember from the boys since 2016, it honestly feels good, and it looked good the whole game

Looking forward to doubters like dubby and Brew coming on board sometime soon

kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Really happy with the game management with about 12 or so to go. J Bateman really did show a few signs of being a grub which I loved.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Velda wrote:Only issue was we used all our good/lucky ref calls for the season up in the first game
You make your own luck in sport. We got our luck because we were the better team, for the whole 80 minutes

That’s how it works

Keghead
Noa Nadruku

2019 Rd 1 V Titans: Game Day

Post by Keghead »

You ragged them for the entire off season so big call.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Ragging on CNK and Simmonsson? There depth players/stopgaps for goodness sake and both went pretty well, both should have a heap of improvement in them too considering how little first grade they have played
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The Rickman wrote:
Velda wrote:Only issue was we used all our good/lucky ref calls for the season up in the first game
You make your own luck in sport. We got our luck because we were the better team, for the whole 80 minutes

That’s how it works

I don’t remember too many lucky calls going our way. Refs were pretty good despite a few difficult calls to judge needing to be made. They got the calls correct for both teams.

EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Dubby seriously comparing CNK to Massey and Milne? Lol far out.

Bateman, great debut. Lead our tackle count and second only to CNK in metres gained. Plus he was slapping Titan heads as they played the ball and shaping to throw the ball at their heads and taking immense pleasure when they flinched . 10/10 entertainment value on debut.

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Also how good is Horsburgh? Couple of errors but they were due to trying a bit hard imo. He and Bateman should add a good dose of mongrel and energy to our pack this year
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Give us the trophy now

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

Dally M votes: Josh Papalii 3, John Bateman 2, Josh Hodgson 1. Judge: Corey Parker
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Defence was spectacular in the wet, including defending multiple sets close to the line and defending after errors. Even the last set where the line rushed up despite the game being over was great.

Youngsters coming in confident and not dropping their heads after errors was so pleasing to see.

Wighton was magic in his first go (this time around) in the halves. He looked liked he already considers himself a legit half.

21-0. Beautiful scoreline.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Awesome. Have to watch the replay tmrw night as I couldn't watch the game closely. Great team performance and keeps our undefeated season going.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

PigRickman wrote:
Ridiculous. haha.
I thought Bailey was great for his first outing. They way he ploughed on when Boyd hit him, he's got ticker.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Rickman wrote: March 17, 2019, 7:39 pm
Rickmando wrote:Rick nailing it - last 2 seasons he’s just had a lot of bad luck...

Like many of us have been saying for a while now, everything the team has done during the off season has been a positive:

- Jack to the halves
- a smaller, more mobile pack
- the inclusion of guys like Bateman
- Ennis to the coaching staff
- an increased focus in defence

And it genuinely showed tonight. This is honestly the best performance I remember from the boys since 2016, it honestly feels good, and it looked good the whole game

Looking forward to doubters like dubby and Brew coming on board sometime soon

Its getting really tiring seeing the same blatantly false positivity from you lot. This team will fail because thats what we do
Signed bremo. Or subby. Not sure yet
Dont delete this GE