Being green

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Being green

Post by hrundi89 »

Hey you guys... I'm looking at doing a 10 minute weekly "vlog" on all matters Raiders. I realise Mike is doing his thing which I really like, but this will be briefer and in the spirit of my favourite YouTube guy, Steve Dangle, who does post-game videos as a fan of the Maple Leafs in the NHL.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SteveDangle

Would you be keen to watch or am I completely wasting my time?
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Being Green

Post by Woodgers »

I'm hit and miss with all the podcast and vlog stuff but will give it a go if I come across it.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Being green

Post by greeneyed »

I watch and listen to it all!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Nobody watches or listens to rugby league more than Fergus!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

im a podcast dude, ill listen to most pods if there if ive got interest in the topic

i find australian pods to be mostly ****, the production values are most garbage... no knock on the Mikes, they're doing a great job on a shoe string budget and producing content a lot of people like, but im a production snob haha

that being said, i've got nothing but love for you, hrundi89. Genuinely one of my favourite random people to run into at the footy, so ill make an effort to watch.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

PigRickman wrote: March 12, 2019, 7:45 pm im a podcast dude, ill listen to most pods if there if ive got interest in the topic

i find australian pods to be mostly ****, the production values are most garbage... no knock on the Mikes, they're doing a great job on a shoe string budget and producing content a lot of people like, but im a production snob haha

that being said, i've got nothing but love for you, hrundi89. Genuinely one of my favourite random people to run into at the footy, so ill make an effort to watch.
Absolutely impossible to get into his clique though! As Mariner found to his detriment recently.

Not as welcoming as the Rick-clique...
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

GE holds the clique keys mate. All it takes is one quick post in the name change thread asking for Hricki89 and he's on the bus.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

Oh dear...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Can I be on your show, hrundi??

I promise to be positive for the first 8 weeks!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I'd like to see you lock The Rickman in for shows in week 8 and 9!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

The Rickman wrote: March 14, 2019, 10:54 am Can I be on your show, hrundi??

I promise to be positive for the first 8 weeks!
Can you portray the "Victory Puppies"?

Man that question works on at least 7 levels...
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

Ok the first video is up.

A few stuff-ups on my part - I forgot to set up the chromakey, I missed recording a section about the last part of the game, and I need to sort the focus out.

Apart from that I'm ok with how it's turned out.

Feedback's welcomed. :doubt: :cry: :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thought it was pretty good hrundi! It's a tough gig doing a monologue and it was a good listen. If you're not a member of The GH Facebook group, yet, I recommend you join and post it in that group. That's going to give you the maximum exposure. I see you've posted it to the page, but the Group gives you much, much higher numbers of views.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2019, 1:14 pm Thought it was pretty good hrundi! It's a tough gig doing a monologue and it was a good listen. If you're not a member of The GH Facebook group, yet, I recommend you join and post it in that group. That's going to give you the maximum exposure. I see you've posted it to the page, but the Group gives you much, much higher numbers of views.
Thanks mate...

I think you can tell I started to loosen up towards the end.

I want to incorporate more meme and humour stuff as well. Maybe get my son to get involved as well.

Re the last part of the game I forgot that my camera has a 10min limit which I obviously went over and I was too tired to go back and do it again.

I'm going to look at some colour correction and I've just ordered a better microphone.

I'll try to keep it to 10 minutes as well.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

Hey mate, not a bad first effort. My suggestion would be more of your opinions on the game and less commenting like a recap of the match. The people that will watch your weekly segment will be mad Raiders fans that never miss a match so they don't need a summary of the game, your opinions on talking points within the game will get people tuning in and wanting to join the conversation. Be prepared for some robust feedback if other areas of the internet and Raiders fans are anything to go by, i'm sure you're prepared to roll with it though.

Best of luck.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Woodgers wrote: March 21, 2019, 4:53 pm Hey mate, not a bad first effort. My suggestion would be more of your opinions on the game and less commenting like a recap of the match. The people that will watch your weekly segment will be mad Raiders fans that never miss a match so they don't need a summary of the game, your opinions on talking points within the game will get people tuning in and wanting to join the conversation. Be prepared for some robust feedback if other areas of the internet and Raiders fans are anything to go by, i'm sure you're prepared to roll with it though.

Best of luck.
Some good ideas there. Top five or top three things we learned always works well. Three gives you time to talk about the team for next week and the coming clash. I pretty much structure our Twitter chat along the same lines every week, but with variations to the topics, obviously. Always have eight topics for discussion. What impressed most about the last performance, what were the positives/negatives, who played well, what team changes are needed for next week (we do this Mondays), what do we need to do to win, will we win/what's the tip. That's the generic story line/structure, but I change it up depending on what happened, add in new things depending on what is in the news.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I watched it today today, agree with Woodgers...

a retelling of the game wont move the needle much, what you want to try to do is lock into a few key key parts of the game, maybe someone you thought performed well/not well, some part of the game that didnt get the attention you think it deserves and key into that, you want to distinguish yourself as someone who is providing a unique and interesting insight into the game

Like if that was me, i might have spoken for 3-4 minutes about how much i loved John Bateman's cheeky fake ball to the face and laughing in the face of the stupid titoooon player for flinching (**** i could a run a 30 minute monologue on that! I loved it so **** much) and what it says about him, what it says about his mentality and personality.

Shorter and sweeter too.

Great first up effort though
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

PigRickman wrote: Like if that was me, i might have spoken for 3-4 minutes about how much i loved John Bateman's cheeky fake ball to the face and laughing in the face of the stupid titoooon player for flinching (**** i could a run a 30 minute monologue on that! I loved it so **** much) and what it says about him, what it says about his mentality and personality.
Where do I subscribe?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine