Peter Mulholland's cancer battle

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Peter Mulholland's cancer battle

Post by greeneyed »

According to @rugbyleaguecoach on Instagram and Facebook and Fiji NSW Cup Rugby League on Facebook, Canberra Raiders recruitment manager Peter Mulholland has been diagnosed with AITL, a rare form of Lymphoma... and will have a second bout of chemotherapy next week. He has registered for the Leukemia Foundation 'World's Greatest Shave' for a cure and will be seeking sponsorship from next week.

Peter is a very good bloke... and always has time for a chat with fans. I really wish him well in battling this illness.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Peter Mulholland reportedly diagnosed with AITL

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Wish him all the best.

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Poor guy.
Wishing him well
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Grim stuff. All the best to him and his family in dealing with this.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We've all heard some pretty grim stuff on here the last few days..

All the best Pete..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Peter Mulholland diagnosed with AITL

Post by Seiffert82 »

Terrible news.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

That's terrible news! All the best to Peter and his family.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

All the best for the fight Peter. Agree with GE, Peter is a really genuine rugby league guy.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I hope the chemo treatment is effective for him. Best wishes for a successful outcome Peter.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

All the best, Peter. I wish you a successful treatment and full recovery.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I hope there's some kind of way the fans can support him - that the club might be running.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I agree.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Peter Mulholland is raising funds through the World's Greatest Shave:

"I'm a cancer patient and I’m I'm taking part in the World's Greatest Shave for the Leukaemia Foundation.

I ask the Rugby League Community to get behind this great cause.

Please sponsor me to give families facing blood cancer the emotional and practical support they need. You'll also fund vital research to help more people survive blood cancers, while improving their quality of life.

Every day another 35 Australians are diagnosed with a blood cancer. That's one Aussie every 41 minutes. Although research is improving survival, sadly an Australian loses their life to blood cancer every two hours."

To sponsor him, click here:

https://secure.leukaemiafoundation.org. ... kb_nmza_YQ
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rugby league rallies to help one of game’s genuine good guys, Canberra Raiders recruitment guru, Peter “Skull” Mulholland

The 65-year-old Canberra recruitment chief, Peter Mulholland, has dropped 16 kilos since he struggled to walk up his driveway last July, before ultimately being diagnosed with a rare form of non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in January.

And all that goodwill he handed out is now coming back through messages of support after he joined the World’s Greatest Shave this week to raise money for Blood Cancer.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 6adb803d1f
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

I wish him a successful treatment and recovery.

I've followed his career since he was the St Gregory's HS coach and was pleased when he joined the Raiders.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Jackbequick
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Ken Negas

Post by Jackbequick »

Hope he finds his silver bullet, wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders family helping their own in time of need

As two of their own face tough times, the Raiders' hearts are bleeding lime green and reaching out to offer a helping hand where they can. At the moment that means helping Quentin Pongia and Peter Mulholland, who are each facing cancer battles.

“Don Furner and Ricky, the whole staff there, have been absolutely unbelievable," Mulholland said. "It's the most compassionate and caring place I've ever worked at.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 5145y.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What keeps Canberra Raiders’ recruitment guru Peter Mulholland positive as he battles cancer
Tim Gavel

Canberra Raiders recruitment manager Peter Mulholland is positive about virtually everything, which is no mean feat when you consider he is battling a rare form of non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

“I’m enjoying life. It’s an appreciation of my family that has been an unbelievable experience.”

Read more: https://the-riotact.com/what-keeps-raid ... cer/299562
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

keep fighting the good fight Peter
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Peter Mulholland's cancer battle and the life lesson you need to hear

Post by greeneyed »

NRL’s most uplifting story involves a master scout’s cancer battle and the life lesson you need to hear

Everyone in rugby league knows Pete Mulholland. A mentor to three generations of football players, Mulholland has been fighting a rare form of cancer for more than 18 months now.

“The Raiders keep me alive, I wasn’t going to miss going to Perth for the Nines,” Mulholland jokes. “There’s no point sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. You’ve got to live your life. It’s just your lot.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 1df3c445f8
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I never fail to be impressed by Peter Mulholland. He's a good bloke no doubt.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

All the very best for a successful treatment program Peter. Lots of Raider fans in your corner.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I think we can all learn a lot from Peter

Players included, I loved the idea of teaching the boys there isnt al ways a mattress there for a soft landing
Vaccinated
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2019, 6:59 pm Canberra Raiders family helping their own in time of need

As two of their own face tough times, the Raiders' hearts are bleeding lime green and reaching out to offer a helping hand where they can. At the moment that means helping Quentin Pongia and Peter Mulholland, who are each facing cancer battles.
Can’t click on the article so not sure how old this article is. But the CT do know that Quentin is no longer with us don’t they?
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

That is one of the best articles I've ever read. It's not hard to love the man for all he has done, and is loved by all that have worked with him. A legend.
And I wish him all the best and hope he can beat it somehow.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Peter wrote: February 16, 2020, 7:24 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2019, 6:59 pm Canberra Raiders family helping their own in time of need

Can’t click on the article so not sure how old this article is. But the CT do know that Quentin is no longer with us don’t they?
It was a story from March last year Peter. I brought back the original thread.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Stay strong Peter
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote: February 16, 2020, 2:21 pm NRL’s most uplifting story involves a master scout’s cancer battle and the life lesson you need to hear

Everyone in rugby league knows Pete Mulholland. A mentor to three generations of football players, Mulholland has been fighting a rare form of cancer for more than 18 months now.

“The Raiders keep me alive, I wasn’t going to miss going to Perth for the Nines,” Mulholland jokes. “There’s no point sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. You’ve got to live your life. It’s just your lot.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 1df3c445f8
Excellent article. Mulholland sound like a quality bloke.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

greeneyed wrote: February 16, 2020, 7:46 pm
Peter wrote: February 16, 2020, 7:24 pm

It was a story from March last year Peter. I brought back the original thread.
Ah yes didn’t notice that.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders recruitment boss Peter Mulholland in remission

It's a good word, remission. Canberra Raiders recruitment guru Peter Mulholland was at his understated best talking about the good news in his battle with cancer.

"They've said I'm into remission which is great news," Mulholland said. "It's just a judgment. I've got to go back in in July for a PET scan and see how it's all going then. It's a good start. It's a nice word remission."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Hope you get better, Peter
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Great news!! Fingers crossed it's really in remission.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Peter Mulholland cancer fight

Post by Bay53 »

Not sure if it mentioned in another thread but this deserves its own thread.

Paul Crawley in the Daily Telegraph today reported that sadly our recruitment manager Peter Mulholland is again battling cancer. He went through chemotherapy last year and for a while there looked in a bad way but got through it and by Grand Final day was in great shape. He is acknowledged by all as one of the great rugby league people.

It looked like he might have beaten it but sadly like many cancer victims he is in the fight again.

It stated in the article that he wanted to continue to focus on work and not have people make a big fuss.

However, I know he sometimes reads this forum, so I just wanted to say, we are all behind you in this fight Pete, we know you can beat this again.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: Peter Mulholland cancer fight

Post by cat »

He is one of the best, raiders are blessed to have him

Hope he knows every single raiders fan is sending all their positivity to him and hope he wins the battle

I'm sure and hope even with the bubble the raiders family is doing all they can for him and his family

By the way everyone should watch the video that's on the raiders website from lock down time thats an interview with Peter
Very insightful but also when he talks about his cancer very inspiring and what a brilliant man
Vaccinated
Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: Peter Mulholland cancer fight

Post by Bay53 »

cat wrote: July 9, 2020, 10:39 pm He is one of the best, raiders are blessed to have him

Hope he knows every single raiders fan is sending all their positivity to him and hope he wins the battle

I'm sure and hope even with the bubble the raiders family is doing all they can for him and his family

By the way everyone should watch the video that's on the raiders website from lock down time thats an interview with Peter
Very insightful but also when he talks about his cancer very inspiring and what a brilliant man
Well said Cat.