So I've thought about it, and I'm prepared to give Stuart the benefit of the doubt to start 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: So I've thought about it, and I'm prepared to give Stuart the benefit of the doubt to start 2019

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote: February 21, 2019, 1:46 pm
The Nickman wrote:Jesus, you're all over the place on this one Gerg... if that even IS your real name.
You're about as funny as one of Mariners least funny memes.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I wish you and your clique would give Mariner a break!
T_R
Don Furner

Re: So I've thought about it, and I'm prepared to give Stuart the benefit of the doubt to start 2019

Post by T_R »

He has to learn to keep up. It's the clique and the dead in this place.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I had no idea what greg was arguing about. And then it cliqued
Dont delete this GE
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

The Nickman wrote: February 21, 2019, 2:04 pm
gergreg wrote: February 21, 2019, 1:46 pm
The Nickman wrote:Jesus, you're all over the place on this one Gerg... if that even IS your real name.
You're about as funny as one of Mariners least funny memes.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I wish you and your clique would give Mariner a break!
I think Mariner needs his own weekly segment... would synergise nicely with matchups, haikus and the depression index
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

The NRL surely must gets it's memo's from the GH on how to run the game.
WorkChoice
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

I must of been watching a different game GE, I didn’t think Junior was that impressive. I wasn’t sitting there thinking we would miss him this year.
Just quietly Ricky isn’t losing sleep overs Junior going from what I’ve heard.
Let’s hope for Juniors sake he doesn’t mix back in with the wrong crew but I reckon it’s likely.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Brew wrote: February 21, 2019, 7:56 pm I must of been watching a different game GE, I didn’t think Junior was that impressive. I wasn’t sitting there thinking we would miss him this year.
Let’s hope for Juniors sake he doesn’t mix back in with the wrong crew but I reckon it’s likely.

Didn't notice him do a lot either. Only a trial, but he did look fitter and I'm sure he can still rouse himself for a big game. But I'd rather have Papa or Tapine as our big $$$ prop given our back row stocks are flush.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

BadnMean wrote: February 21, 2019, 8:14 pm
Brew wrote: February 21, 2019, 7:56 pm I must of been watching a different game GE, I didn’t think Junior was that impressive. I wasn’t sitting there thinking we would miss him this year.

Didn't notice him do a lot either. Only a trial, but he did look fitter and I'm sure he can still rouse himself for a big game. But I'd rather have Papa or Tapine as our big $$$ prop given our back row stocks are flush.
I'm a bit surprised, fellas, because I thought Junior was impressive. He got metres every run, it always took a gang of defenders to stop him, and he seemed to get an offload away every second hit-up. He looked like the only first-grader out there.

But I agree Ricky wouldn't be losing sleep over him and I'd still take Papa or Tarps ahead of him every day of the week too.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yep, he would've made 150 meters and was the best forward with the ball when they utterly dominated us.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

He wasnt playing against our best pack, but I thought he was quite impressive.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 10:59 pm He wasnt playing against our best pack, but I thought he was quite impressive.
in reality he was playing against a mounties pack, I thought he was ok but nothing to write home about considering the opposition
DannyAndo
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by DannyAndo »

kiwi raider wrote: February 22, 2019, 7:35 am
T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 10:59 pm He wasnt playing against our best pack, but I thought he was quite impressive.
in reality he was playing against a mounties pack, I thought he was ok but nothing to write home about considering the opposition
When would you write home about a prop though? Dear , I thought Junior P had a whale of a game last night. wouldn't happen would it?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

kiwi raider wrote: February 22, 2019, 7:35 am
Very true. We know Junior can rattle up the metres when he's running hard. I think any half decent NRL prop could have done similar in the circumference. It will be a very different situation trying to steamroll up the middle against guys like Paps, Sia, Bateman Tarps etc.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: So I've thought about it, and I'm prepared to give Stuart the BOTD to start 2019

Post by RedRaider »

The Nickman wrote: February 18, 2019, 4:47 pm
greeneyed wrote: February 18, 2019, 4:40 pm
The Nickman wrote: February 18, 2019, 4:25 pm
bonehead wrote: February 18, 2019, 4:14 pm it's "debacle" Cueball

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It absolutely is **** not, Sommers.
Yes it is.
No it isn't.
I know it rhymes with Meghan Markle but bonehead has the spelling right. Debacle. I never took you for a Royalist.

Back on topic. I'm not a fan of the move of Jack to 6. I think it's been there done that. I thought his form at 1 last year was good.
One other positive Sticky has done in the off season - Put Hodgo to Co-Captain.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

We have 15 years of evidence to doubt Stuart with.

Are you also a climate change denier Nickman?
robtheraider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Chris O'Sullivan

Post by robtheraider »

is it round 7 yet ??

absolute rubbish being dealt up
To all the people with telekinetic powers...please raise my hand.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

robtheraider wrote:is it round 7 yet ??

absolute rubbish being dealt up
Geez, be grateful for the win...
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seems like the appropriate time to bump this thread... 8 weeks in and how are we looking??
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The Rickman wrote: May 8, 2019, 3:23 pm Seems like the appropriate time to bump this thread... 8 weeks in and how are we looking??
I'm looking great !!

Had a shave, trimmed the ear hair, life's grand.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Northern Raider wrote: February 19, 2019, 8:24 am Everybody expects the Raiders to go bad this year, which usually means we go well.
My one and only post on this thread. #winning
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 8, 2019, 3:35 pm
Northern Raider wrote: February 19, 2019, 8:24 am Everybody expects the Raiders to go bad this year, which usually means we go well.
Spot on the money too, Northern Rickster.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: May 8, 2019, 3:39 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 8, 2019, 3:35 pm
Spot on the money too, Northern Rickster.
Tell you what. If we're still in the top 4 at the half way mark (after round 12) I'm on board with that name change.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Woodgers wrote: February 20, 2019, 10:00 am I'm with Nickman, I like to give all players a clean slate to start the year so I hesitantly do the same with Ricky due to the reasons mentioned first up.

And as Tony Grieg used to say "A grudge is just a place to park your....cannon"
YES! I was wiv ya all the way Nickman.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Woodgers wrote:
Woodgers wrote: February 20, 2019, 10:00 am I'm with Nickman, I like to give all players a clean slate to start the year so I hesitantly do the same with Ricky due to the reasons mentioned first up.

Exactly. Me and you Woodgers, standing strong in the face of the unbelievers like dubby and Brew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

The Rickman wrote:
Woodgers wrote:

Exactly. Me and you Woodgers, standing strong in the face of the unbelievers like dubby and Brew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My non belief is working though so I’ll stick solid...

In Ricky We Trust
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Shun the non-believers. Shun. SSssshhhhhuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Why an i labelled an unbeliever? To make yourself look like you're a better supporter?

For years I've backed this team and supported them. Yet only Last year you were bemoaning everything and not even watching games.

Yes, I try not get my hopes up, but secretly live in hope anway.

I may not be participating in your rick name thing, I am not Mr Happy Positive Fun Guy, but I'll be damned if some anonymous shmuck like yourself wants to act morally superior, and pretend he's a better supporter than anyone else.

I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: May 10, 2019, 11:18 am Why an i labelled an unbeliever? To make yourself look like you're a better supporter?

For years I've backed this team and supported them. Yet only Last year you were bemoaning everything and not even watching games.

I may not be participating in your rick name thing, I am not Mr Happy Positive Fun Guy, but I'll be damned if some anonymous shmuck like yourself wants to act morally superior, and pretend he's a better supporter than anyone else.

I'm not anonymous, there's nothing remotely anonymous about me haha. My picture is in my damned avatar, basically everybody knows how to find me on Facebook!

And for the first four rounds, all I had was you continually calling me out in Game Day threads and the like for anything positive I said about the team, so I'm DAMNED WELL going to rub it back in your face now that I've proven to be right, pal.

You can't continually call someone out on an open forum and then cry into your soup when they throw it back at you, mate. That's not how the internet works, ask your good mate Israel Folau.
Brew
Steve Walters

Post by Brew »

The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote: May 10, 2019, 11:18 am Why an i labelled an unbeliever? To make yourself look like you're a better supporter?

I'm not anonymous, there's nothing remotely anonymous about me haha. My picture is in my damned avatar, basically everybody knows how to find me on Facebook!

And for the first four rounds, all I had was you continually calling me out in Game Day threads and the like for anything positive I said about the team, so I'm DAMNED WELL going to rub it back in your face now that I've proven to be right, pal.

You can't continually call someone out on an open forum and then cry into your soup when they throw it back at you, mate. That's not how the internet works, ask your good mate Israel Folau.
My picture is in your avatar too!

In Ricky We Trust
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Brew wrote: May 10, 2019, 11:24 am
The Rickman wrote:

My picture is in your avatar too!

That's because your gigantic head is very attractive, Brew.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Imagine having to “act” morally superior to dubby. You anonymous schmuck
Dont delete this GE
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: May 10, 2019, 11:30 am Imagine having to “act” morally superior to dubby. You anonymous schmuck
I guess that's kindof like being the skinniest guy in your weight watchers group??
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

This is a shamefully self serving bump.
On brand, keep up the good work.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Beejay wrote: May 10, 2019, 1:10 pm This is a shamefully self serving bump.
On brand, keep up the good work.
Oh Kent, I'd be lying if I said my bump was anything other than shamefully self serving.