Matt wrote: ↑
January 20, 2019, 7:16 pm
Austin vs Williams defensively speaking is summed up very simply as 1 can tackle, while the other can defend. Unfortunately, that means both suck, its just they suck in different and opposite ways.
The argument that if Williams was at 6 all yr his numbers would be worse is silly. Coz the same can be said of Austin.
Anyone suggesting that either of these 2 are better than Sezer, they 'should have gone to specsavers'.
As for the Wighton arguments...
1. Yes, he is currently the best FB we have.
2. Yes, he has become a gun at the sweep play.
3. Yes, the guy hits like a truck.
4. Yes, he prefers to be the truck with the ball too. At 6'2" and 93kgs, not hard to see why.
5. Yes, there is a good chance he gets another crack at 5/8 in his career. And yes, there is a chance its gonna be this yr.
5a. He will have the 2nd best hooker in the game making most if the decisions. He will have an avg, maybe good half, at his side, but at worst at least he will be fully fit. Then at FB he will have? Maybe an rookie super talent, maybe a journeyman, maybe another NRL level FB recruit. That trumps, plodder hooker, 1 legged man, and rookie Milf at FB.
6. Kick return stats are definitely affected by kick location of the opposition.