Through green eyes 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Through green eyes 2019

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote: April 8, 2019, 8:23 am In the end thought it matters zero what anyone’s opinion on here is it’s just some fantasy that makes them think their point of view is even vaguely relevant.
Your opinion 'matters zero', too, but you should feel free to continue your fantasy that it's even vaguely relevant.

P.S Grammar counts. Please edit and resubmit.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

For what it's worth - and before Keghead chimes in, I absolutely acknowledge that it's not very much at all - I thought GE was harsh on Williams. He may not have had a dominant game, but he did his job. 6 or maybe a 7 for me, in the context of the other scores.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I should know better... but here we go... last week I thought Sam Williams had a very good game and rated him a 7. I guess that's never recognising achievements. This week, I thought he didn't have one of his better games, therefore the rating. I was asked after the game on The Greenhouse Live about who takes the halfback spot when Aidan Sezer is back fit. I think Sam's strengths are his organisational ability and kicking game, and in this he is stronger than Aidan Sezer, but defence his relative weakness. Sezer is stronger in defence. Sam has been working on his defence and bulked up over the off season, so that's obviously to his credit. As an overall package, I find it hard to split the two players. As a player, there's a lot to like about Sam. I suspect the coach rates Aidan's defence as more important to the team at the moment, though, so I suspect Sezer will come back in when fit.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: April 8, 2019, 8:53 am I should know better... but here we go...
:lol: You should know better

EDIT: Just watched the tries again. Yeah, fair call. I'll settle for a 6.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And by the way, "The Greenhouse" doesn't give green lights or red lights to anything or anyone. The Greenhouse is a media platform where contributors give their individual views and discuss them.

People are passionate about their footy team, sometimes that goes over the top, but we moderate that, in my view, pretty well. If you break the forum guidelines, for example, use abusive terms which denigrate particular groups in the community... you can expect those posts to be edited or deleted.

Clearly the Canberra Raiders are not a democracy. So in that sense, the views of individuals outside the club certainly don't count, as their views in, say, politics would. Ultimately, the views of the fans count "as customers", there is no other accountability mechanism to members (ticket holders) of the club.

But regardless, the club itself sees the engagement of the fans on social media as a positive overall... otherwise they wouldn't encourage discussion of the team by running their own Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram accounts. What's happening on the club's platforms is not really too different to what's happening on ours. However, we are independent, and we permit all different points of view, so long as you post within the forum guidelines.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

greeneyed wrote:And by the way, "The Greenhouse" doesn't give green lights or red lights to anything or anyone. The Greenhouse is a media platform where contributors give their individual views and discuss them.

People are passionate about their footy team, sometimes that goes over the top, but we moderate that, in my view, pretty well. If you break the forum guidelines, for example, use abusive terms which denigrate particular groups in the community... you can expect those posts to be edited or deleted.

Clearly the Canberra Raiders are not a democracy. So in that sense, the views of individuals outside the club certainly don't count, as their views in, say, politics would. Ultimately, the views of the fans count "as customers", there is no other accountability mechanism to members (ticket holders) of the club.

But regardless, the club itself sees the engagement of the fans on social media as a positive overall... otherwise they wouldn't encourage discussion of the team by running their own Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram accounts. What's happening on the club's platforms is not really too different to what's happening on ours. However, we are independent, and we permit all different points of view, so long as you post within the forum guidelines.
Thing is Sam was there busting his guts but you are lucky to pull yourself of a couch buddy,so what gives you the right to judge his performance when you would struggle to walk around the block?

Last week you rated a poster on here as “One of the best” when he belittled Islanders and their intelligence levels so don’t think you are beyond judgment.

Comma apostrophe full stop TR you couldn’t even spell Messenger right but your a judge of punctuation?

Get your own house in order before you judge others loser.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Can you please lay out your own league accomplishments keg so we can see if you're capable of judging the players? I just want to hold you to the same standard as you're holding GE.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

edwahu wrote: April 8, 2019, 7:38 am He did create a gap. Cooper ran through the gap Williams created by rushing out of the line at no one. It doesn't jam the defense when you're only putting pressure on fresh air and an elite half like Morgan sees the opportunity when you do. The commentators even mentioned it.
Can't agree Ed. The try was the direct result of Hodgo and JB not being able to tackle and lock up the ball carried by Morgan. Imo a hooker and backrower should be able to lock up the ball carried by a half back. Not locking up the ball has been a long term issue for the Raiders. In this case, it is an example of what still needs to be worked on at training, but it has not cost us any competition points and gives us time to correct it.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:00 am
greeneyed wrote:And by the way, "The Greenhouse" doesn't give green lights or red lights to anything or anyone. The Greenhouse is a media platform where contributors give their individual views and discuss them.

Thing is Sam was there busting his guts but you are lucky to pull yourself of a couch buddy,so what gives you the right to judge his performance when you would struggle to walk around the block?

Last week you rated a poster on here as “One of the best” when he belittled Islanders and their intelligence levels so don’t think you are beyond judgment.

Comma apostrophe full stop TR you couldn’t even spell Messenger right but your a judge of punctuation?

It sounds like you're very unhappy here, Keghead. You would probably be happier finding a forum more suited to your particular needs.

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: April 8, 2019, 8:53 am I should know better... but here we go... last week I thought Sam Williams had a very good game and rated him a 7. I guess that's never recognising achievements. This week, I thought he didn't have one of his better games, therefore the rating. I was asked after the game on The Greenhouse Live about who takes the halfback spot when Aidan Sezer is back fit. I think Sam's strengths are his organisational ability and kicking game, and in this he is stronger than Aidan Sezer, but defence his relative weakness. Sezer is stronger in defence. Sam has been working on his defence and bulked up over the off season, so that's obviously to his credit. As an overall package, I find it hard to split the two players. As a player, there's a lot to like about Sam. I suspect the coach rates Aidan's defence as more important to the team at the moment, though, so I suspect Sezer will come back in when fit.
If I might politely respond. I thought Sam was 'one short' on the rating scale for both weeks. You do ask for our opinion on the ratings and I think we all look for (and rate) different things when watching matches. But a disagreement on a player rating is not something I would ever take personally. I mean, this is not of State of Origin proportions :D
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote: April 8, 2019, 11:31 am
greeneyed wrote: April 8, 2019, 8:53 am I should know better... but here we go... last week I thought Sam Williams had a very good game and rated him a 7. I guess that's never recognising achievements. This week, I thought he didn't have one of his better games, therefore the rating. I was asked after the game on The Greenhouse Live about who takes the halfback spot when Aidan Sezer is back fit. I think Sam's strengths are his organisational ability and kicking game, and in this he is stronger than Aidan Sezer, but defence his relative weakness. Sezer is stronger in defence. Sam has been working on his defence and bulked up over the off season, so that's obviously to his credit. As an overall package, I find it hard to split the two players. As a player, there's a lot to like about Sam. I suspect the coach rates Aidan's defence as more important to the team at the moment, though, so I suspect Sezer will come back in when fit.
If I might politely respond. I thought Sam was 'one short' on the rating scale for both weeks. You do ask for our opinion on the ratings and I think we all look for (and rate) different things when watching matches. But a disagreement on a player rating is not something I would ever take personally. I mean, this is not of State of Origin proportions :D
Absolutely, I ask for comments and debate. The comment was not directed at you at all RedRaider.

I was taking issue with the misrepresenatations of another poster, but as usual they respond with more of their "go to" play book on this forum.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

i know you've rated Horsburgh down because of his limited minutes on the field but for the time he was out there he was well above a 5. His post contact metres would be up there with the best in the team and his enthusiasm and effectiveness in defence lift the team.

Same with Young, although he got very limited minutes he was involved while he was out there and came on at a critical time when the team was tired and needed someone to put their hand up.

To be honest, in the critical part of the game where the Cowboys were completing well and getting some good field position it was our experienced players who let us down the most. Papalii with a stupid offload that led to a knock on, Croker with a poor dropped ball and Hodgson and Rapana combining for another error. They're the guys we need to be leading the way not piling pressure on ourselves.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Comma apostrophe full stop TR
Right, yes ... sorry. I should have been clearer.
You're on the right track, but those need to be distributed at appropriate places throughout the text.

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:Can you please lay out your own league accomplishments keg so we can see if you're capable of judging the players? I just want to hold you to the same standard as you're holding GE.
Star running back for Polk high?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Fair dinkum who is this bloke and why are his comprehension skills so poor?
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: April 8, 2019, 12:48 pm
zim wrote:Can you please lay out your own league accomplishments keg so we can see if you're capable of judging the players? I just want to hold you to the same standard as you're holding GE.
Star running back for Polk high?
:lol: Not the man that scored 4 touchdowns in one game?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I don’t understand the continual bullying of keg around here.
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

simo wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:25 pm I don’t understand the continual bullying of keg around here.
I would imagine it's because he mostly logs in for the sole purpose of pointing out that everyone but he is ignorant of everything to do with rugby league, that they are personally unfit, carry a huge and completely unfair bias against Jack Wighton and are a knob, and does so in nearly every post.

I'm not saying he's wrong, but it's tedious.

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

T_R wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:31 pm
simo wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:25 pm I don’t understand the continual bullying of keg around here.
I would imagine it's because he mostly logs in for the sole purpose of pointing out that everyone but he is ignorant of everything to do with rugby league, that they are personally unfit, carry a huge and completely unfair bias against Jack Wighton and are a knob, and does so in nearly every post.

So hes like a lot of other posters on here, so what? Its strange to see shots fired in his direction that mods aren’t deleting. Its hugely inconsistent with forum guidelines (or so ive been told)
Dont delete this GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

simo wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:39 pm

So hes like a lot of other posters on here, so what? Its strange to see shots fired in his direction that mods aren’t deleting. Its hugely inconsistent with forum guidelines (or so ive been told)
Fight the good fight, Simo :lol:

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

I wonder if they've done any training focused on the 1 on 1 steal. A few times this season we've seen Hodgson call the other player to drop off to allow the strip.
Whitehead also called it on McLean and Hodgson dropped off but the other player stayed on so nothing came of it.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

zim wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:46 pm I wonder if they've done any training focused on the 1 on 1 steal. A few times this season we've seen Hodgson call the other player to drop off to allow the strip.
Whitehead also called it on McLean and Hodgson dropped off but the other player stayed on so nothing came of it.
I love that they've allowed it to ease back into the game. A loose carry really should be punished.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

People should use the report function if they can see bullying. We don't accept bullying on The Greenhouse. I've had my share of personal comments coming my way today... and I disagree with some of the representations, but I have left those comments in the interests of transparency.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:People should use the report function if they can see bullying. We don't accept bullying on The Greenhouse. I've had my share of personal comments coming my way today... and I disagree with some of the representations, but I have left those comments in the interests of transparency.
Interests of transparency or inability to get off the couch, tell us the truth GE?

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

zim wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:46 pm I wonder if they've done any training focused on the 1 on 1 steal. A few times this season we've seen Hodgson call the other player to drop off to allow the strip.
I think those are the only two smart enough to do it on the regular. Hodgo gets at least 4-5 a season, Whitehead 1 or 2. I can't remember seeing anyone else attempt (let alone pull off) the steal on a regular basis. Maybe Toots but not as often (he gets less tackles to make and it's often not on).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: April 8, 2019, 5:25 pm
greeneyed wrote:People should use the report function if they can see bullying. We don't accept bullying on The Greenhouse. I've had my share of personal comments coming my way today... and I disagree with some of the representations, but I have left those comments in the interests of transparency.
Interests of transparency or inability to get off the couch, tell us the truth GE?

I'm too old and not fit enough to play NRL... so I now have an inability for any rational thought, analysis or form an opinion. And I'm just now too feeble to edit or delete posts anymore.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

BadnMean wrote: April 8, 2019, 6:35 pm
I think those are the only two smart enough to do it on the regular. Hodgo gets at least 4-5 a season, Whitehead 1 or 2. I can't remember seeing anyone else attempt (let alone pull off) the steal on a regular basis. Maybe Toots but not as often (he gets less tackles to make and it's often not on).
I'd love to see some stats on it, because it seems he gets at least one every game or every second game. Sometimes more than 1 in the same game. He's fantastic at it.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BadnMean wrote:
Haha I can picture BJ attempting a strip and mistaking somebodies head for a ball and ripping it straight of his shoulders, all with that cheeky grin.

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

gergreg wrote: April 8, 2019, 8:19 pm
BadnMean wrote:
Haha I can picture BJ attempting a strip and mistaking somebodies head for a ball and ripping it straight of his shoulders, all with that cheeky grin.

I know precisely what you mean- been giggling with my sister (who is a kindy teacher) all season about how BJ reminds her of a naughty kindy kid- you could tell he enjoyed pushing the other kids off him after scoring more than he enjoyed scoring that try in the early rounds; how Rapana scored this week after Joey was hell for leather after that ricochet ball and every else mysteriously got pushed over. :roflmao
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

You don't think these types of comments are worthy of response?

"Thing is Sam was there busting his guts but you are lucky to pull yourself of a couch buddy,so what gives you the right to judge his performance when you would struggle to walk around the block?

Get your own house in order before you judge others loser."

He is being bullied? Turn it up...
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

hrundi89 wrote: April 8, 2019, 12:58 pm

What a piss weak comeback that is.

The comprehension the comprehension Oh the comprehension is it a writing competition?

We can all do some little essays and get you to mark them if you want.

Fair dinkum what a stuffy nerd you must be.TR's Brother/Mother.......Lover?
Last edited by Keghead on April 8, 2019, 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

T_R wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:40 pm
simo wrote: April 8, 2019, 3:39 pm

Fight the good fight, Simo :lol:
Well I'm talking about Sam this time Big Head so your argument about me only talking about Jack has lost traction to anyone who is not a part of your Backstreet Boys Crew.

There are some great posters on this site (just unfortunately for yourself you aren't one of them) so to imply that I believe that everyone but myself is ignorant of everything to do with Rugby League is just a desperate attempt by you to smear me.

Your School yard tactics may have worked well for you in the past but are of little significance in the grown ups world.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Quality stuff.

hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

Keghead wrote: April 8, 2019, 10:16 pm

The comprehension the comprehension Oh the comprehension is it a writing competition?

You're reacting to a misinterpretation of other people's comments.

Woodgers' comments weren't racist in the slightest, for example. If you knew the bloke you'd know that's the last thing he is.

It's everyone else's fault though apparently.

You then default to using insults because you're out of your depth.

Keep yelling at clouds, old mate.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

hrundi89 wrote: April 9, 2019, 12:44 pm
Keghead wrote: April 8, 2019, 10:16 pm

You're reacting to a misinterpretation of other people's comments.

Woodgers' comments weren't racist in the slightest, for example. If you knew the bloke you'd know that's the last thing he is.

It's everyone else's fault though apparently.

You then default to using insults because you're out of your depth.

Keep yelling at clouds, old mate.
Your not to bad at throwing the insults and attempting to belittle others yourself Hero.Believing your the hired muscle or holding on to the fantasy that what you say means anything to anyone apart from the forum flops that you are so eager to impress is so whimsical that any grown man whom draws any sense of self worth from such an exercise has some extremely flawed character traits.

Once again don't attempt to turn the tide against me by suggesting that I have no respect for ALL the posters on this site,but at least attempt to realize the clouds visit your place at least once a week if others don't live up to your deluded expectations ,where as I walk in the clear all day every day.

Depth is only measured in relation to what a man can see, old mate.