Raiders player signing speculation 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: November 6, 2019, 9:27 pm For the record, in my view, zim is a very good guy, and not a jerk...
Hmmm... interesting. I've never once got that vibe tbh
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: November 7, 2019, 7:32 am
greeneyed wrote: November 6, 2019, 9:27 pm For the record, in my view, zim is a very good guy, and not a jerk...
:roflmao
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Have you been talking to my mother?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: November 6, 2019, 9:55 pm
BJ wrote: November 6, 2019, 9:42 pm People in glass houses......

Shouldn’t do nude Yoga.
Oh no! Are you telling me I'm not welcoming? :o :cry:
It's telling me that you need to shut your bloody windows, Ferg!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, me neither... I like zim a lot, always have, but he's a MASSIVE jerk.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

so i have and will be watching the movement of the 2 grand finalists very closely as i'm sure we all will.

so far the back to back premiers res-signed one of their gun centres on the same day the team that made and lost their only grand final in 25yrs lost rapa and were informed he won't be coming back as planned.

we have gained a half and will lose one in sezer like them, yes there's is worth a fair bit more but i'm sure upgraded contracts would have swallowed that up pretty quick.

Let's not also forget they had just tabled latrell a deal that would have made him the highest payed center in the game while we were looking at shedding one of ours in BJ.

will be interesting to see what happens to their 3 forwards who are off contract but all seems a little suss at the moment when you take into account some of our blokes want up grades and i haven't heard a peep about any of theirs wanting one, you would think after winning back to back premierships their guys would have their hands up over players from a team that had just made their first GF in 25 years.
raider 4 life
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Cooper Cronk also retired, moving his million dollar salary to the Football operations salary (as part of the coaching staff).

Their players don't demand upgrades otherwise they won't be invited to the golf course and if they push as hard as Lattrell they might end up with a horses head in their bed.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Pretty sure he plays for the eels now.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

gergreg wrote: November 7, 2019, 9:30 pm Cooper Cronk also retired, moving his million dollar salary to the Football operations salary (as part of the coaching staff).

Their players don't demand upgrades otherwise they won't be invited to the golf course and if they push as hard as Lattrell they might end up with a horses head in their bed.

Cronk is also working with GWS team.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

nemesis wrote: November 7, 2019, 8:32 pm so i have and will be watching the movement of the 2 grand finalists very closely as i'm sure we all will.

so far the back to back premiers res-signed one of their gun centres on the same day the team that made and lost their only grand final in 25yrs lost rapa and were informed he won't be coming back as planned.

we have gained a half and will lose one in sezer like them, yes there's is worth a fair bit more but i'm sure upgraded contracts would have swallowed that up pretty quick.

Let's not also forget they had just tabled latrell a deal that would have made him the highest payed center in the game while we were looking at shedding one of ours in BJ.

will be interesting to see what happens to their 3 forwards who are off contract but all seems a little suss at the moment when you take into account some of our blokes want up grades and i haven't heard a peep about any of theirs wanting one, you would think after winning back to back premierships their guys would have their hands up over players from a team that had just made their first GF in 25 years.
The Roosters promise players jobs after they retire. Just look at how many Storm, Roosters Souths for example have players that are now working for the club. It’s a part of their contracts it’s dodgy as.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

gergreg wrote: November 1, 2019, 7:28 am
Raider47 wrote: Out of work: It’s November 1, and these are the NRL players who don’t have a job: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 549db21d84

Anyone here tickle our fancy for a bit of extra squad depth?
I could have sworn that Joel Thompson was extended by Manly and Isaac Luke also got a gig somewhere. Didn't look at the rest.

Yep Joel Thompson signed an extension at end of August he will stay at Manly at least till end of 2020 season. As for Isaac Luke it’s believed he will or has signed a one year deal for 2020 with the Dragons.
Blues87
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by Blues87 »

Looks like the Dragons need to release some players to be cap compliant. I'd love for us to have a crack at Luciano Leilua again. Would be good impact off the bench.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Blues87 wrote: November 8, 2019, 12:11 pm Looks like the Dragons need to release some players to be cap compliant. I'd love for us to have a crack at Luciano Leilua again. Would be good impact off the bench.
Zac Lomax please
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

sprintman wrote:
Blues87 wrote: November 8, 2019, 12:11 pm Looks like the Dragons need to release some players to be cap compliant. I'd love for us to have a crack at Luciano Leilua again. Would be good impact off the bench.
Zac Lomax please
yeah if tigs get latrell we'll have Lomax.
I'll be the only one to say I'd take Latrell, reckon stick could get the best out of him

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: November 8, 2019, 4:58 pm
sprintman wrote:
Zac Lomax please
I'll be the only one to say I'd take Latrell, reckon stick could get the best out of him

TBH I'd rather have BJ at 600k than Latrell at 800+ overall.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote:
bonehead wrote: November 8, 2019, 4:58 pm
sprintman wrote:
Zac Lomax please

TBH I'd rather have BJ at 600k than Latrell at 800+ overall.
Me too
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Ricky Staurt

Post by Goldcoast Raider »

I wouldn’t mind us having a crack and Ben Murdoch masilla, he was a beast for Tonga last week , he is in the English super league wonder if he wants to come home and if Ricky could get him fitter and get the best out of him, any thoughts?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Goldcoast Raider wrote: November 10, 2019, 4:00 pm I wouldn’t mind us having a crack and Ben Murdoch masilla, he was a beast for Tonga last week , he is in the English super league wonder if he wants to come home and if Ricky could get him fitter and get the best out of him, any thoughts?
Yeah, that'd be a gamble worth taking for sure. Good size, good footwork. Didn't watch him close enough in defence to know his weaknesses there, but when fit and engaged, he was pretty good with the ball from what I can see. At 28 he should still have quite a few good years left in him.
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas

His defence was pretty good, he stung a few of the Aussies
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

That'd be a great signing. That would give us a lot of depth.
Goldcoast Raider
Ken Nagas

Daily telegraph is saying we are signing Curtis Scott , he was a raiders HQ with sticky
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Ok depth I suppose. Would've rather Lomax if the prices were close, but I guess he would've wanted to know he was starting.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Wow, that's an interesting signing. Especially with Leilua staying.

He's a pretty handy young player, currently under contract until 2021. Must really want out of Melbourne.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

It wouldn't surprise me if Mitchell ends up there as you'd think Scott has first shot at Chambers spot otherwise. It's got to be more appealing than the Tigers.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Competition for starting spot. Not a bad idea this
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Seiffert82 wrote: November 16, 2019, 5:13 pm Wow, that's an interesting signing. Especially with Leilua staying.

He's a pretty handy young player, currently under contract until 2021. Must really want out of Melbourne.
He was being overlooked for Olam. Then Bellyache finally canned Chambers to give him a run.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

edwahu wrote: November 16, 2019, 4:51 pm Ok depth I suppose. Would've rather Lomax if the prices were close, but I guess he would've wanted to know he was starting.
A LOT more interest in Lomax. I agree, but I think Scott might be a better defender
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Matt wrote: November 17, 2019, 12:37 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: November 16, 2019, 5:13 pm Wow, that's an interesting signing. Especially with Leilua staying.

He was being overlooked for Olam. Then Bellyache finally canned Chambers to give him a run.
He had a fractured foot, which explains much of the time he wasn’t playing firsts. Got dropped early in the season, forced his way back after a couple of games, then fractured the foot in his comeback game. Played two games for the Sunshine Coast Falcons in Rd 8-9, then just five games between Rd 20-25. Played nine games for the Storm.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

greeneyed wrote: November 17, 2019, 12:42 pm

He had a fractured foot, which explains much of the time he wasn’t playing firsts. Got dropped early in the season, forced his way back after a couple of games, then fractured the foot in his comeback game. Played two games for the Sunshine Coast Falcons in Rd 8-9, then just five games between Rd 20-25. Played nine games for the Storm.
I see
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Matt wrote: November 17, 2019, 12:56 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 17, 2019, 12:42 pm

I see
I was at the game where he fractured his foot - Magic Round v Eels. He was enormous in both attack and defence before his injury.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Newcastle Herald reports Dragons young gun Zac Lomax has met with Knights coach Adam O’Brien as he tests his value on the open market. Lomax is off contract at the Red V at the end of 2020 and the Knights have wasted little time in throwing their hat in the ring for his signature.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 37614a465e
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Would rather Scott than Lomax.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rizwan flying along now. He's batting 'Aussie' style. Stiff wrists, open face through the ball. Using the pace of the wicket to his advantage.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Northern Raider wrote: November 21, 2019, 3:07 pm Rizwan flying along now. He's batting 'Aussie' style. Stiff wrists, open face through the ball. Using the pace of the wicket to his advantage.
This is zim levels of sloppy. You hate to see it.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Everybody thought that was a no-ball except the third umpire
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.