Raiders player signing speculation 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 26058
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Botman » July 19, 2019, 8:19 am

FROG wrote:
July 19, 2019, 5:50 am
Id love to pick up Reynolds also. There is talk that the tigers would be prepared to carry most of his contract, ie a team could pick him up for less than 400k per annum which is madness. He is twice the player s williams and sezer would ever be. Id love to get him to challenge g williams for a starting spot. At worst he provides impact off the bench at a bargain price. I think he'd also be great for our club culture. Wonder if ennis will get in his ear and try get him across
Is there another Reynolds im not aware of? This post can't be about the Tigers and former Bulldog Reynolds
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7137
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Sid » July 19, 2019, 8:36 am

There would be a lot of other clubs that'd need reynolds in their roster more than Raiders do
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 127857
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by greeneyed » July 19, 2019, 8:45 am

Sid wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:36 am
There would be a lot of other clubs that'd need reynolds in their roster more than Raiders do
No NRL club in their right mind would sign him.
Image

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3885
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by BJ » July 19, 2019, 9:49 am

greeneyed wrote:
Sid wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:36 am
There would be a lot of other clubs that'd need reynolds in their roster more than Raiders do
No NRL club in their right mind would sign him.
Titans it is then.

User avatar
BadnMean
John Ferguson
Posts: 2912
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by BadnMean » July 19, 2019, 10:12 am

Taylor and Reynolds. Dream team. Boydy laying the platform. Laying down that is.

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2180
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Coastalraider » July 19, 2019, 10:19 am

BadnMean wrote:
July 19, 2019, 10:12 am
Taylor and Reynolds. Dream team. Boydy laying the platform. Laying down that is.
At least Reynolds would have an empty tank by the end of the game, I doubt the other 2 would ever get the fuel light on!

User avatar
Beejay
John Ferguson
Posts: 2344
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Beejay » July 22, 2019, 1:25 pm

There's quite a few clubs that could invest the time in getting his pass off the ground improved and play him at Hooker. The Cowboys come to mind.

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11551
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by julian87 » July 22, 2019, 1:55 pm

greeneyed wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:45 am
Sid wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:36 am
There would be a lot of other clubs that'd need reynolds in their roster more than Raiders do
No NRL club in their right mind would sign him.
You’d be crazy to sign him on anything significant. But considering the dearth of talent in the halves in the NRL he’s definitelu worth a gamble if someone can manage getting him cheap.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32405
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Matt » July 22, 2019, 3:01 pm

Beejay wrote:
July 22, 2019, 1:25 pm
There's quite a few clubs that could invest the time in getting his pass off the ground improved and play him at Hooker. The Cowboys come to mind.
They just bought Robson from Dragz.

I think JRey is a utility 9, maybe a 80min 9. I really think/ thought he was going to be the modern version of Ennis.

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7000
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by zim » July 22, 2019, 3:05 pm

I think his days of being relied on for 80mins are done.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32405
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Matt » July 22, 2019, 3:06 pm

julian87 wrote:
July 22, 2019, 1:55 pm
greeneyed wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:45 am
Sid wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:36 am
There would be a lot of other clubs that'd need reynolds in their roster more than Raiders do
No NRL club in their right mind would sign him.
You’d be crazy to sign him on anything significant. But considering the dearth of talent in the halves in the NRL he’s definitelu worth a gamble if someone can manage getting him cheap.
Crazy thing is, Tigz future isnt Benji, yet he cant get a look in, and obviously isnt going to hang around an wait. Unless they see Mbye as the future 6, but he was on the chopping block until Origin.

Dogs could do worse than bringing him back at half the cost.

He kinda fits the Sharks purchase mould, esp with Flanno Jr walking to Chook$$$.

Titans.... hahahaha

Knights might like a cheapish NRL ready 6/9.

Bronx could use some halves.

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7318
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by gergreg » July 22, 2019, 5:08 pm

Any team that signs him, deserve him.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11551
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by julian87 » July 22, 2019, 5:18 pm

Matt wrote:
July 22, 2019, 3:06 pm
julian87 wrote:
July 22, 2019, 1:55 pm
greeneyed wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:45 am
Sid wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:36 am
There would be a lot of other clubs that'd need reynolds in their roster more than Raiders do
No NRL club in their right mind would sign him.
You’d be crazy to sign him on anything significant. But considering the dearth of talent in the halves in the NRL he’s definitelu worth a gamble if someone can manage getting him cheap.
Crazy thing is, Tigz future isnt Benji, yet he cant get a look in, and obviously isnt going to hang around an wait. Unless they see Mbye as the future 6, but he was on the chopping block until Origin.

Dogs could do worse than bringing him back at half the cost.

He kinda fits the Sharks purchase mould, esp with Flanno Jr walking to Chook$$$.

Titans.... hahahaha

Knights might like a cheapish NRL ready 6/9.

Bronx could use some halves.
They overpaid him so much. That’s the problem.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 26058
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Botman » July 22, 2019, 9:10 pm

Matt wrote:
July 22, 2019, 3:06 pm
julian87 wrote:
July 22, 2019, 1:55 pm
greeneyed wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:45 am
Sid wrote:
July 19, 2019, 8:36 am
There would be a lot of other clubs that'd need reynolds in their roster more than Raiders do
No NRL club in their right mind would sign him.
You’d be crazy to sign him on anything significant. But considering the dearth of talent in the halves in the NRL he’s definitelu worth a gamble if someone can manage getting him cheap.
Crazy thing is, Tigz future isnt Benji, yet he cant get a look in, and obviously isnt going to hang around an wait. Unless they see Mbye as the future 6, but he was on the chopping block until Origin.

Dogs could do worse than bringing him back at half the cost.

He kinda fits the Sharks purchase mould, esp with Flanno Jr walking to Chook$$$.

Titans.... hahahaha

Knights might like a cheapish NRL ready 6/9.

Bronx could use some halves.
Reynolds isnt the Tigers future either. Or any of the teams listed.
Fingers crossed he goes to the Broncos
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

User avatar
Raiders_Pat
David Grant
Posts: 768
Joined: July 24, 2016, 8:11 am
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Raiders_Pat » July 22, 2019, 10:09 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see him go to the Broncos as a back up 6/9 or something... they're always able to squeeze out some sort of deal and they made some very ordinary recruitment choices in recent years

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7555
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by RedRaider » July 23, 2019, 6:03 am

No thanks for Josh Reynolds. Increasingly injury prone at 30 years of age. I understand why the West Tigers want to offload him. The reported $3m contract over 4 years, still with 2 years to run, was a shocker. His heart is at the Dogs but they don't want him either. England or Country Captain/Coach awaits.

User avatar
Coastalraider
John Ferguson
Posts: 2180
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Coastalraider » July 23, 2019, 8:19 am

RedRaider wrote:
July 23, 2019, 6:03 am
No thanks for Josh Reynolds. Increasingly injury prone at 30 years of age. I understand why the West Tigers want to offload him. The reported $3m contract over 4 years, still with 2 years to run, was a shocker. His heart is at the Dogs but they don't want him either. England or Country Captain/Coach awaits.
I can see why the Tigers made this play - they needed a circuit breaker and someone who could instil some passion and effort in their squad. He was a above average starting 6 at the time, and while he was definitely paid overs, it was as much for what he was supposed to bring off the field as on the field. The biggest risk was his chequered history with injury, and that has obviously come back to bight them in the ****.

User avatar
Ruben Daley
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1638
Joined: June 13, 2007, 4:52 pm
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Ruben Daley » July 23, 2019, 10:07 pm

Coastalraider wrote:
July 23, 2019, 8:19 am
RedRaider wrote:
July 23, 2019, 6:03 am
No thanks for Josh Reynolds. Increasingly injury prone at 30 years of age. I understand why the West Tigers want to offload him. The reported $3m contract over 4 years, still with 2 years to run, was a shocker. His heart is at the Dogs but they don't want him either. England or Country Captain/Coach awaits.
I can see why the Tigers made this play - they needed a circuit breaker and someone who could instil some passion and effort in their squad. He was a above average starting 6 at the time, and while he was definitely paid overs, it was as much for what he was supposed to bring off the field as on the field. The biggest risk was his chequered history with injury, and that has obviously come back to bight them in the ****.
Yep, totally worth the gamble for that club at that time. Didn’t pan out but that happens with gambles.

No one should be thinking of doing it now though - particularly not us. He’s busted and old and odds-on to waste whatever amount in the cap we’d pay him.

sprintman
Alan Tongue
Posts: 676
Joined: July 11, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by sprintman » August 1, 2019, 11:01 am

Jesse Ramien released by Knights and looking for a club

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 127857
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by greeneyed » August 1, 2019, 11:04 am

Wow.
Image

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15463
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by yeh raiders » August 1, 2019, 11:06 am

He’ll be a good pickup if he gets his head right.

I really hope he didn’t have a blow up for being dropped, because he definitely deserved a kick in the backside.

User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 26058
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Botman » August 1, 2019, 11:14 am

I've never seen the hype in that guy.
Below average NRL centre. Another Sione Mata'utia... hype never matched the game.
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7137
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Sid » August 1, 2019, 11:28 am

what ever happened to those other Mata'uselesses? a few years back they were all the hottest property on the market
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13355
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by bonehead » August 1, 2019, 12:22 pm

Sid wrote:what ever happened to those other Mata'uselesses? a few years back they were all the hottest property on the market
Peter in ESL
Chanel was struggling with depression
Pat was heading to ESL last I heard.
Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30661
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by -TW- » August 1, 2019, 12:45 pm

Sione is alright

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7137
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Sid » August 1, 2019, 2:32 pm

Yeah Sione goes alright. Hard for him to live up to his hype after being selected to play for Australia 3 times when he was 18, but that’s hardly his fault
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
BadnMean
John Ferguson
Posts: 2912
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by BadnMean » August 1, 2019, 3:28 pm

PigRickman wrote:
August 1, 2019, 11:14 am
I've never seen the hype in that guy.
Below average NRL centre. Another Sione Mata'utia... hype never matched the game.
He's a but over-hyped but he's definitely an attacking weapon. He has the potential to be something of a blockbuster BJ Leilua type centre (perhaps not quite the ball/offload skills) in a couple of years if he keeps at his game. Situation reminds me a bit of Leilua too- talented but unsettled at the Knights, very much a career that could go either way right now.

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7000
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by zim » August 1, 2019, 3:48 pm

That right edge he's on has been unsettled all year. Definitely capable of a lot more than he's shown at the knights.

User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 26058
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Botman » August 1, 2019, 3:54 pm

I must be watching the wrong knights team... Raimen looks like a poor man's Sione and Sione is absolutely not alright, he **** stinks :lol:
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7000
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by zim » August 1, 2019, 3:55 pm

It's not a comment on his current form that's for sure :) I wouldn't be breaking the bank to sign him though. His attitude has been poor in the face of some challenges. Only 22. Still a lot to learn.

sprintman
Alan Tongue
Posts: 676
Joined: July 11, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by sprintman » August 1, 2019, 5:56 pm

Lachlan Timm no contract for 2020. Leads NSW Cup in every statistic, and the form prop of the competition

Tackles - 624
All runs - 290
Run metres - 2,925
Post contact metres 1,053

Could be a useful addition?

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14646
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by reptar » August 1, 2019, 6:53 pm

sprintman wrote:Lachlan Timm no contract for 2020. Leads NSW Cup in every statistic, and the form prop of the competition

Tackles - 624
All runs - 290
Run metres - 2,925
Post contact metres 1,053

Could be a useful addition?
That run meter to PCM ratio is delicious
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 26058
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Botman » August 1, 2019, 6:56 pm

zim wrote:
August 1, 2019, 3:55 pm
It's not a comment on his current form that's for sure :) I wouldn't be breaking the bank to sign him though. His attitude has been poor in the face of some challenges. Only 22. Still a lot to learn.
Would you trade Simmonsen or Kris for Raimen straight up?
Simo would be a hard no, and honestly... and i know im higher on Kris than most... i think id like my chances with Kris over him too.
Honestly, i just dont see much in Raimen at all. He can break tackles but he has no idea what to do defensively, his work ball in hand outside of tackling breaking is average and his decision making is appalling.

And this could easily come back to haunt me, tackle busters always have a chance... but i've seen nothing from would make me want him. He's be behind Croker, Beej, Cotric, and Kris at centre, and i dont think he can play wing, and we've got Cotric, Raps, Simo and Oldfield on the wing.
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

Ronny P
Peter Jackson
Posts: 234
Joined: September 17, 2018, 6:29 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Ronny P » August 1, 2019, 7:22 pm

Have to give credit to Brown. He told them last week the axe would fall and he has backed his words. Obviously some a little precious about being dropped. Drastic giving him the flick! Dont think we have heard the last of this one! No place for attitudes bigger than the game in any club


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

sprintman
Alan Tongue
Posts: 676
Joined: July 11, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by sprintman » August 1, 2019, 7:37 pm

Ese’Ese and Levi available from Knights. Quite a clean out

Post Reply