All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by Neeeegz »

bonehead wrote:wow thanks Mr Posh!

Hearing TPJ's market value has dropped with a Sydney club baulking at his $700k price tag and talking $500k. Might slide us back into the discussion.
Money well spent around 500 plus 100k raiders tax, 2 years to prove himself..

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

simo wrote:
Raiders666 wrote: June 26, 2019, 3:16 pm You guy's think it would be wise to put pommy William's at 7 halfway through the season when we are travelling so well? It could be pretty disruptive
We swapped from sam williams to aiden sezer 2 weeks ago. I dont think we have an established “halves pairing” to worry about disrupting. Hodgsons probably played more games with g williams anyway
Ridiculous comment, they have both been part of the system for some time that is finally yielding some kind of result. Why would you swap a half mid season ? It's a ballsy move if it's happening..

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

edwahu wrote: June 26, 2019, 6:58 pm
FROG wrote: June 26, 2019, 6:55 pm Who is the pommy front rower? Have i missed something?
I assume it's Luke Thompson as per Badnmean's post above.
Isnt he the one Bennett is chasing for the Bunnies?
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

MrPosh wrote: June 26, 2019, 7:14 am Half back merry-go-round going on over here at the moment.

Expecting Aiden Sezer at Leeds in the next couple of days - to partner up with Robert Lui who has swapped with Lolohea.

Leaves Richie Myler spare. He might go to Salford (first club), which would free up Jackson Hastings to go to Wigan.

Which, of course, in turn frees up a certain someone...
thats a big merry-go-round. Ive seen it happen in other sports, esp football (soccer).
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

bonehead wrote: June 26, 2019, 7:18 am wow thanks Mr Posh!

Hearing TPJ's market value has dropped with a Sydney club baulking at his $700k price tag and talking $500k. Might slide us back into the discussion.
My understanding is we offered about 600 last time.
Sounds like that might get a signature this time.
We only need him to play cameo impact mins now, rather than big ones.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Matt wrote:
MrPosh wrote: June 26, 2019, 7:14 am Half back merry-go-round going on over here at the moment.

Expecting Aiden Sezer at Leeds in the next couple of days - to partner up with Robert Lui who has swapped with Lolohea.

Leaves Richie Myler spare. He might go to Salford (first club), which would free up Jackson Hastings to go to Wigan.

Which, of course, in turn frees up a certain someone...
thats a big merry-go-round. Ive seen it happen in other sports, esp football (soccer).
Leeds Rhinos have swapped Lolahia for Lui (Salford) on loan for the rest of the season, 2 year deal to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Some decent sized moves for June 30 this year. Waqa Blake to Parra, Su'a to Souths.

I guess we will have to hear who our player 30 is today or tomorrow, unless it's just an upgrade in which case they may not announce it at all.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

edwahu wrote:Some decent sized moves for June 30 this year. Waqa Blake to Parra, Su'a to Souths.

I guess we will have to hear who our player 30 is today or tomorrow, unless it's just an upgrade in which case they may not announce it at all.
yeah with the development player situation it will be a little interesting that we don't have to upgrade Starling but probably could if need be
Edrick The Entertainer
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

bonehead wrote: June 27, 2019, 12:38 pm
edwahu wrote:Some decent sized moves for June 30 this year. Waqa Blake to Parra, Su'a to Souths.

yeah with the development player situation it will be a little interesting that we don't have to upgrade Starling but probably could if need be
Penrith just upgraded Naden from development player to first grader, so I suspect that the new rule just means you can play development players if there are injuries without needing NRL approval. As usual there's nothing official out there.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Lumelume from Sharks to Storm. Feki from Sharks to Castleford
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

sprintman wrote:Lumelume from Sharks to Storm. Feki from Sharks to Castleford
Feki is an underrated player.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Thought this was an interesting article given some of the discussion on million dollar players recently.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 48f5881e43

Credit to DCE's manager, he well and truly fleeced Manly. Same for Taylor and Foran but their management are easy targets I'd reckon.

I think outside of Cronk the worst decision seems to be throwing these deals at halves.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

BJ wrote:
sprintman wrote:Lumelume from Sharks to Storm. Feki from Sharks to Castleford
Feki is an underrated player.
Very, but we have depth this year, the rookies have stepped up, so far..

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Surely the Raiders will announce the 30th man in their squad tomorrow?
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

edwahu wrote:Thought this was an interesting article given some of the discussion on million dollar players recently.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 48f5881e43

Credit to DCE's manager, he well and truly fleeced Manly. Same for Taylor and Foran but their management are easy targets I'd reckon.

I think outside of Cronk the worst decision seems to be throwing these deals at halves.
Wow, none of them are worth that besides lolo

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:Surely the Raiders will announce the 30th man in their squad tomorrow?
Ben Cummins?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That's interesting, i was only saying the other day to TR that i hadnt heard of a manager successfully linking their clients salary to cap rises, but according to that article apparently DCE's did.
It is utterly bizarre to me that this has only come out now.

That situation is not mentioned in any of the other top 10... why?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Matt wrote:
edwahu wrote: June 26, 2019, 6:58 pm
FROG wrote: June 26, 2019, 6:55 pm Who is the pommy front rower? Have i missed something?
I assume it's Luke Thompson as per Badnmean's post above.
Isnt he the one Bennett is chasing for the Bunnies?
Was Thompson the young pommy bloke that played a year with Saints? Or was that Cooper (?).

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Mike Cooper played 3 seasons for St George Illawarra.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

PigRickman wrote: June 28, 2019, 8:56 am That's interesting, i was only saying the other day to TR that i hadnt heard of a manager successfully linking their clients salary to cap rises, but according to that article apparently DCE's did.

I think there was two scenarios getting mixed up in that discussion. One was salary as a fixed percentage of the cap and one was backloading. Lots of players have backloading (see Foran), but DCE is the only one who I have heard with a fixed percentage.

It's a huge percentage as well, he will be on 1.6m in 2022 and if the cap went to say 15m he would be on 2.5m. I think in backloading scenarios you are looking at players going from say 800 to 1.2 over the life of the contract.
Last edited by edwahu on June 28, 2019, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

yeah backload or stepped salary increases is pretty common. Like i said, Lolo's 10 year deal probably started at 800ish and by year 10 he's on 1.3
But yeah, that's the first time ive seen it made public that anyone has gotten a fixed % of cap. And 16.5% is quite a figure!

I just dont understand why DCE's manager hasnt been screaming that from the roof tops, if i had a son playing professional RL, i would be spending this morning googling who DCE's manager is and trying to get my son under him.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: June 28, 2019, 10:32 am yeah backload or stepped salary increases is pretty common. Like i said, Lolo's 10 year deal probably started at 800ish and by year 10 he's on 1.3
But yeah, that's the first time ive seen it made public that anyone has gotten a fixed % of cap. And 16.5% is quite a figure!

I just dont understand why DCE's manager hasnt been screaming that from the roof tops, if i had a son playing professional RL, i would be spending this morning googling who DCE's manager is and trying to get my son under him.
You're going to manage your own son's career though, aren't you Nock??
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

PigRickman wrote: June 28, 2019, 10:32 am yeah backload or stepped salary increases is pretty common. Like i said, Lolo's 10 year deal probably started at 800ish and by year 10 he's on 1.3

He is managed by the Orrs, they have a heap of the big money players including Lolo and Bird so I am sure they don't need any promotion amongst the playing group. They also have a pretty long wrap sheet and have been de-registered a couple of times.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: June 28, 2019, 10:34 am

Of course. I see myself as the kind of Damir Dokić type character that Australia RL has been crying out for.
Unfortunately my son seems to have gotten every ounce of his fathers athletic genes and fortunately his mothers academic genes, so i think his future may lay outside of professional sports :(
Last edited by Botman on June 28, 2019, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: June 28, 2019, 10:42 am
The Rickman wrote: June 28, 2019, 10:34 am

Of course. I see myself as the kind of Damir Dokić type character that Australia RL has been crying out for.
Unfortunately my son seems to have gotten every ounce of his fathers athletic genes and his mothers academic genes, so i think his future may lay outside of professional sports :(
Well, in reality that's probably better than if the genes were the other way around, isn't it?

One Glenn Buttriss in my lifetime is probably more than enough.

EDIT: Nah wait, that was meant to be a swipe at YOUR athletic ability, not Katie's. That didn't exactly work.

I meant to insinuate that YOU'RE both stupid and not sporting, but failed miserably.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I think insinuating a very accomplished doctor is stupid would be a pretty wild swing and miss, but "not sporting" would be putting it very mildly!
My wife can barely catch a ball and my promising sporting career was derailed by injuries and astonishing lack of talent.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote: June 28, 2019, 11:26 am I think insinuating a very accomplished doctor is stupid would be a pretty wild swing and miss, but "not sporting" would be putting it very mildly!
My wife can barely catch a ball and my promising sporting career was derailed by injuries and astonishing lack of talent.
Haha indeed. I... I just like Glenn Buttriss
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

PigRickman wrote:That's interesting, i was only saying the other day to TR that i hadnt heard of a manager successfully linking their clients salary to cap rises, but according to that article apparently DCE's did.

I think you should send me a lovely muffin basket or something.

It'd be the classy thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Ruben Porter apparently added to top 30

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

is Starling out of the 30?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: June 28, 2019, 11:51 am
PigRickman wrote:That's interesting, i was only saying the other day to TR that i hadnt heard of a manager successfully linking their clients salary to cap rises, but according to that article apparently DCE's did.

I think you should send me a lovely muffin basket or something.

It'd be the classy thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Well, in fairness, they specifically mention this fixed rate of the cap in the DCE blurb, but it's absent in the Lolo blurb. So it would appear that Lolo's manager is indeed a
*checks notes*
simpering ****

But fair call, wait by the letterbox, your fruit basket is on the way!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Sid wrote: June 28, 2019, 11:54 am is Starling out of the 30?
Was never in
Dont delete this GE
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

If we can still use him again if Hodgson is injured then I guess it's okay
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: June 28, 2019, 12:16 pm
Sid wrote: June 28, 2019, 11:54 am is Starling out of the 30?
Was never in
So... yes??
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sid wrote:If we can still use him again if Hodgson is injured then I guess it's okay
yes after June 30th development players can play if needed
Edrick The Entertainer