Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by LastRaider »

Tedesco at $1m, definitely provides the most value on the list
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

LastRaider wrote: March 1, 2020, 12:08 pm Tedesco at $1m, definitely provides the most value on the list
Man I was excited when we signed him. Really thought the tide had turned.

Then he got badly injured shortly after walking away from his deal with us and I thought we may have dodged a bullet.

Such a great player. Turns up every week too.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Lolo: will probably be an ok deal. They copped the long term injury which is always the risk, but I wouldn't yet say this deal is busted.
Good deal: ? TBA. Certainly hasn't paid dividends for them as yet. This year may be key as we see whether he can still hit the same highs, otherwise the odds start weighing in favour of diminishing returns.

Johnson: Lol.
Good deal: No. He's a bit injury prone and in amongst a bunch of misfits. He's not going to produce consistently enough to be worth it.

Taylor: Lol
Good deal: Only for Ash Taylor and manager.

Pearce: He's an excellent NRL halfback. Been good for the knights really, from what I saw. I think it's a decent deal for the club, given where they were and what he has produced- pretty much bang in line with what you want from a top dollar half.
Good deal: Yes. Length is sensible which helps.

Teddy: best in the business and one of the most vital positions.
Good deal: Yes, any club would jump at it.

RTS: another fabulous player. More physical style than Teddy but just as good.
Good deal: Yes. 100k more than Teddy is arguable but it's nit picking. Almost any club would be happy with this.

Jees I hate Cam Smith. Probably a good deal, 90% of clubs would take it. If we are getting Hodgo for less, then I like our deal better.
Good deal: You'd have to say yes. You might not want to sign it for next year if you started now, but his drop off hasn't really been huge and he produced the goods for most of it.

Ben Hunt: Lol.
Good deal: not even close. A club killer.

Keiran Foran: His spirit is willing but he's so busted. RIsking that much on a guy with poor injury history and a "colourful" off field reputation was pretty dumb as each plays into the other... the more you much up and raise hell the wore you recover and more you get injured... Then you have more time off to enjoy all your off field issues...
Good deal: Nope.

DCE: like I said he plays well and they have almost assembled enough around him to compete. But they are always scraping the barrel for depth and it can't help that DCE soaks up more than a smart share of cap- compared to what Teddy, Pearce, RTS or Cam Smith produce for 20-33% LESS money...
Good value: If they win a comp by 2023, you'd have to say yes. But it's real hard to do that. I'm not writing this one off- they need to win a comp or make a couple of GF's by the time it's up. Honours even.

So out of the 10 deals
2 were too close to call but not value yet... Lolo and DCE.

4 were flat out nopes... Taylor, Foran, Johnson, Hunt.

4 were consistently producing value... Teddy, RTS, Smith and Pearce.

The only thing holding back DCE from value (vs say a Pearce) is that 33% MORE than an already huge salary really demands this player is flat out winning you comps or damn close pretty regularly throughout the contract period.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Not sure what you mean by Foran's off-field stuff. He had a relationship break-up, a gambling issue and subsequent mental health issues.

I've met the bloke as he was living in the street next to mine and I can't speak highly enough of him.

His career's been ruined by injury but that stuff happens.

Are you suggesting he likes a drink etc?
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

hrundi89 wrote: March 2, 2020, 10:17 am Not sure what you mean by Foran's off-field stuff. He had a relationship break-up, a gambling issue and subsequent mental health issues.

I've met the bloke as he was living in the street next to mine and I can't speak highly enough of him.

I think he means his relationship break up, gambling issues and subsequent mental health issues, not that he lived near to you
Dont delete this GE
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

simo wrote: March 2, 2020, 10:22 am
hrundi89 wrote: March 2, 2020, 10:17 am Not sure what you mean by Foran's off-field stuff. He had a relationship break-up, a gambling issue and subsequent mental health issues.

I think he means his relationship break up, gambling issues and subsequent mental health issues, not that he lived near to you
I don't get your point.

This line "the more you much up and raise hell the wore you recover and more you get injured" implies something other than mental health issues.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.