Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by edwahu »

Yeah, seems it was taken down.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

edwahu wrote: June 18, 2019, 4:42 pm Not Raiders related but it could easily have flow on effects. The Dogs are supposed to have offered Mitchell a 10 year, 11.5m dollar deal.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 64f2e8260e
Mitchell Moses :thumbsup
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

If you search for the link in Google you can view the cached version.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Not unless you saw it before it was taken down. The story headline certainly still appears in Google if you search Latrell Mitchell.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Back now
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 64f2e8260e

Seems they dropped the deal 500k to 11m, this new one is much more reasonable :lol:
Last edited by edwahu on June 18, 2019, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Re: Jake Connor Hull FC

Post by MrPosh »

T_R wrote: June 18, 2019, 8:48 am
DOGMAN wrote: June 18, 2019, 4:54 am Jake Connor Hull FC

wow this lad can play, check him out, I have a strong feeling Jake will be a NRL player, but who will sign him , my guess is Rabbitohs, just a long shot
Ooh! Ooh! Can I do it this time?

" Welcome to the forum, Mrs Connor! "

EDIT: Fairly decent highlights package, though.
Jake Connor's got everything - unbelievable talent. He's easily the most disliked player in SL, too, as he gets under fans' skin.

The only problem he has at the moment is his position on the field. He's playing centre for Hull and England, but his skills say he needs to be down the middle somewhere.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

11 million dollar, 10 year play?? That's a bold strategy, Cotton!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Dogs are desperate

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

They must want to play him at fullback for that money.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

edwahu wrote: June 18, 2019, 5:45 pm They must want to play him at fullback for that money.
Might want him playing both halves and hooker as well!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Deadset overrated.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

The Rickman wrote:11 million dollar, 10 year play?? That's a bold strategy, Cotton!
It’s a good offer. Salary cap will continue to go up every year so in 4 - 5 years time it will probably be the average price for a blue chip centre

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

LastRaider wrote: June 18, 2019, 5:55 pm
The Rickman wrote:11 million dollar, 10 year play?? That's a bold strategy, Cotton!
It’s a good offer. Salary cap will continue to go up every year so in 4 - 5 years time it will probably be the average price for a blue chip centre

And they'll have to upgrade him commensurate with the salary cap increase or he'll walk away as soon as someone offers him more.

10 year contracts are a stupid idea.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:I added in the highlights packages for Dogman.
Welcome to the forum Mrs Dogman.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 5:58 pm

And they'll have to upgrade him commensurate with the salary cap increase or he'll walk away as soon as someone offers him more.

10 year contracts are a stupid idea.
To players with what looks to be a growing rumble of off field and personal issues... It's got such a huge chance of backfiring that it's classic Doggies cap management. Fire away Bulldogs...

I don't rate him higher than (a fit) Joey Leilua as a centre and I wouldn't want to pay Joey that much either...
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Organised Chaos »

Hope the dogs get him for that, sign up the kid!

A. He looks to be a lot of work to keep on the field and in form, has a bit of that petulant child syndrome seemingly has a tanty when things don’t go his way you can even catch some of this going on on the field if you watch closely.

someone here compared him to Walker and that appears to be reasonably accurate, but Andrew just went Walk About... this fella has a sook.

B. Roosters lose him, I’ll enjoy that.

C. Lot of money for someone described in point A. Doubt he will see out that contract, so the Roosters loose and the Dogs loose... that’s a win for everyone else and park football in 5 years.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Post by thedevilingreen »

Organised Chaos wrote:Hope the dogs get him for that, sign up the kid!

A. He looks to be a lot of work to keep on the field and in form, has a bit of that petulant child syndrome seemingly has a tanty when things don’t go his way you can even catch some of this going on on the field if you watch closely.

someone here compared him to Walker and that appears to be reasonably accurate, but Andrew just went Walk About... this fella has a sook.

C. Lot of money for someone described in point A. Doubt he will see out that contract, so the Roosters loose and the Dogs loose... that’s a win for everyone else and park football in 5 years.
He won't leave the roosters when cronk retires this year it frees up like 7.8 million of the salary cap

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Organised Chaos »

thedevilingreen wrote:
Organised Chaos wrote:Hope the dogs get him for that, sign up the kid!

He won't leave the roosters when cronk retires this year it frees up like 7.8 million of the salary cap

If the Roosters keep him, hopefully they pay overs based on the Dogs offer. Sooner or later the Sombrero will break, with some luck this will be the straw that pushes it to breaking point... perhaps a boat will be the catalyst Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

The cap won't go up like it used to. The next broadcast rights may not even cover inflation.

SMH is now reporting 5 years for 5 million which is a bit more sensible.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldo ... 51yz1.html
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

11mil, 10 years feels like a MAJOR deal, but in 5 years time when a new TV deal comes down and revenue continues to rise, and the cap is now 12-15mil, 1.1mil for the best outside back in the game is probably going to actually be below market
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Why would the next TV rights be more?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

reptar wrote: June 18, 2019, 7:58 pm Why would the next TV rights be more?
TV might not be but digital will be a lot more and total revenue will be higher. It won't be growing exponentially like in the past though.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It literally doesn’t matter what the cap does, because if the cap goes up, his salary will go up.

You can’t tell me in 5 seasons that if Latrell Mitchell is still a stud and he’s being paid in the low bracket that he won’t just walk out of his deal and go somewhere else

Long term deals are absolutely stupid
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

He would do a SBW and walk out after 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Raiders player signing speculation 2019

Post by The Nickman »

Of course he would. Any elite player who is locked into an awful contract for the next five years and essentially the rest of their career would be mad not to
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Roosters will not lose a player they want to keep. They will find a way, if they want to. If they don't... hey presto, the Bulldogs are in even more salary cap trouble!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

It’s mind boggling for the dogs to even consider doing this on the year they finally get out of cap trouble

Like, they have the wooden spoon wrapped up this season and probably next, and they want to flush their cap back down the toilet?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

If it is 5 years for 5 million and it's to play fullback it's a gamble but worth it. That would take him through to 28 when the deal finishes which is when athletic backs start to slow down.

10 years is crazy, Inglis was a spent force by 29.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

There's no one within the Bulldogs sanctum capable of counting to 10.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Despite all the soothing noises coming out of the Roosters camp I wouldnt be too surprised if they decided that Latrell was more trouble than he is worth.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: June 18, 2019, 8:14 pm It literally doesn’t matter what the cap does, because if the cap goes up, his salary will go up.

You can’t tell me in 5 seasons that if Latrell Mitchell is still a stud and he’s being paid in the low bracket that he won’t just walk out of his deal and go somewhere else

Long term deals are absolutely stupid
I guess in reality, that is true. The player empowerment era is here and underpaid player and unhappy player will get out of his deal if there is more money on offer, and If he's still the best back in the world, he's probably not going to accept being underpaid to the market.

So point well made.
In theory 11m over 10 years is a good deal. But yeah i guess that's never going to hold up if it's under market
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Because they never go down. Ever. The ONLY thing that is ratings proof right now is live sports, and advertisers know it.
Binge watching has diminished the TV ratings across drama shows etc... but you cant binge watch live sports. You just cant.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Cranky Old Man wrote:Despite all the soothing noises coming out of the Roosters camp I wouldnt be too surprised if they decided that Latrell was more trouble than he is worth.
I still maintain that the injury he suffered playing the Raiders was actually worse than made out. He only returned to play that game because they had two players who weren't able to return. He hasn't looked the same since that game.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

PigRickman wrote:
Because they never go down. Ever. The ONLY thing that is ratings proof right now is live sports, and advertisers know it.
Binge watching has diminished the TV ratings across drama shows etc... but you cant binge watch live sports. You just cant.
except for the A league, that's a tv deal going down
Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

PigRickman wrote:11mil, 10 years feels like a MAJOR deal, but in 5 years time when a new TV deal comes down and revenue continues to rise, and the cap is now 12-15mil, 1.1mil for the best outside back in the game is probably going to actually be below market
Until he obliterates his knee campo style and they're stuck with a shell of a player for 9 years cause noone wants a bar of him

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk