Secret NRL State of the Game report shows Canberra Raiders at disadvantage in sponsorships

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

edwahu

Re: Secret NRL State of the Game report shows Canberra Raiders at disadvantage in sponsorships

Post by edwahu »

Don should be expected to grow sponsorship at a realistic rate if it is contributing to achieving the overall strategy and objectives of the organization.

CEOs aren't measured against a target of been #1 in everything regardless of context.

Look at it another way, if you look at Don's performance for Sporting sponsorships in the local market that he operates in he is likely #1. I don't think that would make him a star, it's a function of the amount of competition he faces.
Last edited by edwahu on November 26, 2018, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Secret NRL State of the Game report shows Canberra Raiders at disadvantage in sponsorships

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: November 26, 2018, 10:25 am It would definitely be challenging, yes. But certainly more achievable than your McDonalds analogy.
Haha, yeah i was obviously exaggerating for effect.
Challenging would be putting it mildly imo, but fair enough, as you said, you're pretty experienced in this sort of thing and as i've conceded, i am not :lol:

One thing is for sure, whatever the challenges are, it's high time someone else got their chance to overcome them.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Pigman wrote: November 26, 2018, 11:53 am
T_R wrote: November 26, 2018, 10:25 am It would definitely be challenging, yes. But certainly more achievable than your McDonalds analogy.
Haha, yeah i was obviously exaggerating for effect.
Challenging would be putting it mildly imo, but fair enough, as you said, you're pretty experienced in this sort of thing and as i've conceded, i am not :lol:

One thing is for sure, whatever the challenges are, it's high time someone else got their chance to overcome them.
Agree but I couldn't care less whether the replacement has the same success/failure in regard to sponsorship. Of all the things I want to see fixed for the better that one is way down near the bottom of the list.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

edwahu wrote:Don should be expected to grow sponsorship at a realistic rate if it is contributing to achieving the overall strategy and objectives of the organization.

CEOs aren't measured against a target of been #1 in everything regardless of context.

Look at it another way, if you look at Don's performance for Sporting sponsorships in the local market that he operates in he is likely #1. I don't think that would make him a star, it's a function of the amount of competition he faces.
If speculation is to be believed the upturn in the club's sponsorship, engagement with the community and a flow on into membership and attendance improvements coincided with Ricky re-joining the club. So what the **** does Donny do?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gergreg wrote: November 26, 2018, 12:13 pm
edwahu wrote:Don should be expected to grow sponsorship at a realistic rate if it is contributing to achieving the overall strategy and objectives of the organization.

If speculation is to be believed the upturn in the club's sponsorship, engagement with the community and a flow on into membership and attendance improvements coincided with Ricky re-joining the club. So what the **** does Donny do?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
You've stumbled on to something here.
Furner is obviously coaching the team, because sure as **** stuart isnt **** doing much coaching and he's clearly super busy running the organisation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:
dubby wrote: November 26, 2018, 11:02 am No one here has any idea. It's really that simple.

We are witch hunting again, pure and simple.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I disagree. I think I have a fair idea about how to run a business of the size of the Raiders.
Yeah I know mate..... (can't believe I didn't think of you.)

But from an NRL perspective? I think that takes some nouce. Especially with an uncooperative parent like the NRL.

Don has increased sponsorship over the years, and memberships. Our football department has improved, and we're recruiting better than ever. I've read the raiders are one of the most financially secure clubs in the NRL.

It's on field that needs to improve significantly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.